Friday, March 18, 2016

The Cold Water Defense

It's amazing how co-operative these spyware stores can be when the police come around....Everybody from federal agents to private investigators buy spyware..Micro cameras, microphones...GPS tracking devices...and what not...

 Monica came by and got the guy at the counter to laughing and giggling....He was ogling her legs and a hint of a black lace bra under her blouse, when I came along and we both flashed our badges...
He gave us the original bill of sale, including the credit card account of the buyer of the spyware we found in Yvette Smallwood's apartment...

All in a days work....Monica and I high fived....

Then we headed back to the squadroom.....

"You guys sure of this huh?" asked Lt. Cotton...

"One hundred percent lou." I said.
"Although it is kind of creepy to be watching a woman without her knowing it in the bathroom...It's not quite against the law...and it doesn't prove murder..." said Lt. Cotton..

"No it doesn't..but I'm betting our guy was obssessed..In love with her .."said Monica..

"Like Nate is about you huh?" he joked..

Monica paused and smiled..

"Yeah, kind of like that...and he couldn't stand the parade of men who came and went...I'm guessing he came clean with her about his feelings...She either laughed or rejected him in some sort of way..They had an argument...Things went sideways quick and she wound up dead and dropped over the terrace."said Monica..

"Hmmmm...That's a good story Mo-Mo...Hard to prove....but a good story none the less..Im gonna swear out a warrant...but this is weak...Get a confession, so I can collect my money.." he said.

Just then, Detective Kylie White walked in...

"You guys got less than eight hours...You aren't gonna make it.." laughed Detective Kylie White..

"What are you doing back? You have another day?" I said..

"Gotta come up for air sometimes..." she said...She then whispered to Monica...

''What is it with guys? They want to do it all day...They act like we're going somewhere..Wally can't keep his hands off of me...I had to  get out and get some air.." she said.

"I know right? Girl,I'm still going through it...and I've been married a few months now...but I like it."she laughed...

"You aint never lied girl...I feel goooood." she said and they both laughed that conspiratorial laugh that women laugh amongst themselves..

II-
We sent three male officers to pick him up....but I couldn't help but think about our last tango with Aaron Burns..

Monica and I decided to return to the scene of the crime...We hadn't talked to everybody in the condo..Especially not the man on the other side of the hallway...
His name was Aaron, Aaron Burns...He was tall, thin... Dressed nicely and was wearing a very nice fragrance...His condo ,across from Yvette's was very immaculate...I noticed the sweet smell of Jasmine when I walked in..I liked it...

"Can I get you a drink detectives?I don't drink alcohol...But I have all types of fruit juices.." he said.
"No thank you Mr. Burns..."I said..
''What exactly is it that you do Aaron?" asked Monica.

"Oh I'm a photographer..I do shoots around the country...I'm out of town a lot.." he said.

" So did you know Yvette Smallwood?" she asked him...

"Yes..Quite well..we were neighbors and good friends.." he said.

"You ever been to her condo?" asked Monica..

"Oh yes..Yes...many times..." he said.
I showed him photos of Taylor Coleridge and Cal Winston, even Cal Winston's wife....

"You ever see any of these people coming and going? " I asked..

I sensed him tense up...

He thought quietly and then slowly answered...

"The two men ,yes...I've uh never seen the woman before..." he said and then angrilly looked at Monica..

''If you wish to know something Detective...JUST ASK ME ,like your partner is doing!" he said...
''What-What are you talking about?" asked Monica innocently...Then I noticed a change in her...She began to sweat profusely....It was about 55 degrees outside...Not a summer night by any standards...but she was sweating like it was 104 degrees....
"Mo-Mo...you alright?" I asked..
"Ohhhhh Nate,I'm sooooooooooo hot...wooooooooooooooooooo.." she said...
I touched her...Her skin was burning up...
"You...You've got a high fever...You're soaking wet..."I said...
She smiled a wicked ,seductive smile..

"I'll say...woooooo Nate ,I want to do it to you sooo bad right now?" she said and kissed me passionately..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ouuuuu let's go home.....We can come back tomorrow....Ouuuuuu..I am sooo horny right now it's not funnny ,ohhhhhhhhhhhh,ouuuuu, ask him if we can use his room, just for a few minutes...Ohhhh,I need you inside of me nowww...Ohhhhhhhhhh.."she moaned...
''What's come over you Mo-Mo? We 're in the middle of an interview...??" I said. I was a little embarrassed as well as aroused....

She whispered in my ear...

"Natttttttttttttttte..I'm wearing those white sheer bikini panties that you like with the purple waste band...You know you want some of this...You always want it..."she said...

Now I was getting aroused a bit more...

Monica's sub conscious was sending me a message telepathically...
"Nate...Get me out of this room...Get me in the hallway...Something is not right...Get me out of here,please!!!"

I opened the door...I stared at Mr. Aaron Burns..
.
"I'll be back...Don't Move..."I said menacingly...


That had been almost a day ago...We weren't going to have a rerun of that..


Monique walked into the interrogation room...She poured a cold glass of water for both me and Monica..

"Remember...Drink a lot of cold water...You can start now before he gets here..." she said..."It'll neutralize the effects." she whispered to me and Monica..

"Thanks Sis."said Monica, who kissed her sister on the cheek.  "You sure you've never met any mutant men who had this ability?" she asked giving her sister the side eye..

''Can't lie to you sis...you'll just scan my mind anyway... Yes!...One of my ex-boyfriends was a mutant and I didn't know it and he was using his phernomes to take advantage of me..It took me awhile to figure out what he was doing...And after some research...I discovered the key to counter acting his secretions was to keep my body temperature  cool...Drinking a cold soda and or cold water worked...After I did that...He no longer had the ability to get me aroused on que and it turned out unfortunately that he wasn't that good in bed....Which is why he's my ex..." she said and smiled..
Monica smiled at her sister...

"Only you sis...only you." she laughed...and they both giggled at each other.

III-
Aaron Burns walked into the interrogation room and smiled..He saw Monique leaving...He smiled at her...

"Is Detective Nellis your sister?" he asked...

"Yes...I guess you could see the resemblance..?" said Monique sarcastically...

"I do..I do...and I like what I see...Damnnnn girl....I'd do you and or your sister in a heartbeat..."he said smiling and eyeing Monique salaciously..

She began sweating profusely...and smiling...

"Ouuuuuu...Ohhhhhhhh..Oh my godd...ouuuuuuuu..." she said, sweating and smiling....Because Lt. Cotton wasn't around and Aaron was the closest male to her....She was beginning to get sexually aroused by him...Despite the fact she had no interest in him at all..

"Ouuuuuu...Ohhhhhhhh..Oh my godd...ouuuuuuuu... How you doin?  Ouuuuuuu...REALLY??"she cooed...

He stared at her...

"Yesss...in a heartbreak....In fact...I'd like to take you off someplace private and do it to you today...Maybe when I finish this jive ass interview..." he said..laughing sheepishly..

"Ouuuuuu, oh myyyyyy.." said Monique who was sweating profusely and very,very aroused...

Monique downed a glass of cold water immediately...She looked at Monica and me..and downed another glass of cold water....


We both did the same thing...We both downed the ice cold water....

The cold water had a calming effect ....

He looked hard at Monique...

"I won't be in here long..How about your phone number baby? Maybe you and I can uh get together...Have some cold wine at my place...Work some things out!!!" he said, smiling...

Monique was cooler now and completely back to normal..

"I don't think so!!!...I have someone.. and besides...you aren't my type..I like guys who have natural game!" she said and walked out....

He looked puzzled...

Monica looked sternly at him and said..

"Sit down Mister Burns."

He clearly didn't like her...

 "Sit down Mister Burns."she said again..

He scowled at her, but he sat down...

I calmly asked him...

"Mister Burns...Were you and Ms. Smallwood acquaintences?"

"Yes..We would speak to each other...As I told you..I was in and out.."he said.

"She was more than that to you wasn't she?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked...

I took another sip of water...

"You found her attractive...Very attractive...and I can see that...I mean she had a killer body and those short skirts and stilletto heels she wore..was enough to stop traffic right?" I said..

He stared at Monica again..

"Apparently you forgot what happened the other day...didn't you?" he said..

Monica took a sip of cold water...

"No..I didn't.."she said..

He was surprised that she wasn't sweating and she wasn't all over me..He looked extremely puzzled.

"You were attracted to her..sexually weren't you?" asked Monica..

"No!" he said...

He looked at Monica funny...She wasn't sweating or sexually aroused...By now, her skirt was supposed to be off and she was supposed to writhing in an orgasmic fit....like a cat in heat...begging for it..She seemed quite normal...Too normal...And what was up with her sister?/ She didn't appear to be effected at all...

"That's not true Mr. Burns.."said Monica..

"Damn you!! Damn You!!..Stop it! Get outta my head!!" he said..Monica stared hard at him...

"Look at me..Look at me Mister Burns!!!!...I found this in her bedroom and in her bathroom...You purchased this from American Spyware...I said showing him the two micro-cameras.

Your credit card receipt and this bill of sales confirms that...You watched her get undressed nightly and you watched the three men who paid her a visit and who shared her bed..."I said.

Monica continued to stare at him...He could sense she was scanning his mind and he didn't like it...He released his phernomes...They were so thick we could actually smell them...but they had no effect on either of us...We kept drinking the cold water..
He angrilly stared at Monica...

"I told you to stop it.."he shouted...

Monica smiled..

"Stop what?" she asked innocently.....

He pounded his fists on the table angrilly...

"Look at me...Look at me...I'm talking..  You've had it bad for her for a longggggggggggg time haven't you?" I said.

He began to shake with rage...

Then he looked at Monica again...

She sipped some more cold water...

"I asked you to stop it.."he shouted...


Monica smiled..

"Stop what?" she asked innocently again........

He was shaking with anger...Then finally, he sighed and began to weep.....

Monica poured another glass of cold water and drank it down.....I smiled at her...She smiled at me...

Then Aaron Burns began to speak..."Everyday...I'd go jogging...For four years, four years I'd bring her coffee in the morning,just the way she liked it...three creams and four sugars...and a pastry....Just so, just so I could see a smile on her face...I'd remember her birthday and Christmas..I'd always give her a bottle of wine....for a gift..Hoping..Just hoping she'd see THAT I WAS THE ONE...I WAS THE ONE WHO LOVED HER!!! NOT THOSE OTHER THREE.....Coleridge was married for cryin out loud..His wife is pregnant...due any day now..And Cal Winston, that freak...She was his plaything...He and his freaky wife was just using her...They were always having threesomes..Why didn't she invite ME?? Huh???And her ex-husband...Mr. Black Stud muffin...He could have any girl he wanted...Why wasn't he dating one of the many babes who frequent the gym where he works?? Huh???"

"I didn't mean it....I didn't mean it...I DID NOT MEAN IT....I went over there to talk...Just to talk to her..To explain to her how I'd been feeling..She tells me that that ex-husband of hers and her were planning on getting back together..I told her that I was the one who loved her...She asked me to leave..
We got to arguing...It was breaking my heart....and I hit her..I didn't mean to..I've never hit a woman in my life...and she cursed me...and I..I struck her again and she fell and hit her head on that table....There was so much blood...so much...I felt her pulse...She was dead....dead!!!!....I panicked...I threw her body over the side of the building and then ran back into my room....."

"I didn't mean it....I didn't mean it...I DID NOT MEAN IT....I DIDN'T MEAN TO KILL HER!!!!I WAS THE ONE WHO LOVED HER!!! NOT THOSE OTHER THREE..ME...ME..ME...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!I NEEDED HER TO LOVE ME...TO LOVE ME FOR ME...TO LOVE ME FOR REAL...I NEEDED HER TO LOVE MEEE!!!!I COULD'VE HAD HER...BUT I WANTED HER TO WANT ME..TO LOVE ME!!! INSTEAD SHE CHOSE FREAKY SEX WITH THOSE THREE MEN AND THAT WOMAN!!! WHYYYYYYY???" he screamed and stomped his foot...

His body was shaking, convulsing and tears were streaming from his eyes.....

He was a man betrayed by the object of his affection...

I felt sorry for him.....

Monica passed him a tablet and he wrote his confession down...

Two officers walked in, read him his rights and handcuffed him and walked him out....

"I didn't mean it....I didn't mean it...I DID NOT MEAN IT....I WAS THE ONE WHO LOVED HER!!! NOT THOSE OTHER THREE..ME...ME..ME...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" he screamed and stomped his foot..

We usually kissed...but this time,I took my wife in my arms and just hugged her..

 "We did it babes..We did it!" I said..
"And with seven hours to spare." she said and held me tight...Smiling from ear to ear...

"Damn...they actually cracked this case in under 48 hours."said Detective Kylie White..
 "I know right?" laughed Monique...She wasn't unhappy we had cracked the case...She had kind of helped us...With that cold water defense...

Outside the window...Kylie White and Monique forked over one hundred dollars each to a laughing Lieutenant Cotton...

Lieutenant Cotton just laughed and gave the money back to them both....

"I don't need the money....I just enjoyed winning it from you....Come here Nate, Mo-Mo..." he said..

He put his arms around both of us...


"I never bet against you guys..." he laughed...
"I have an idea...How bout we go out...A round of drinks on me and Monique?" said Detective Kylie White...

"Sounds like a plan to me...."said Monique...


Monica and I smiled...Nice way to end a case...It was just Thursday....The weekend was coming.!

EPILOUGE-


Aaron Burns was convicted of Manslaughter and sentenced to 15-30 years in State Prison...

He impregnated two female prison guards while at one prison...They were not aware of his mutant powers to arouse them...Both women quit their jobs and once out of his presence ,wanted nothing to do with him.


Later on at home...Monica and I were lying around enjoying a quiet night......


"It feels so good to be home and to be done with that case.."she said as she lay across the bed....

''We knocked it down pretty quick..Kylie thought it was going to drag on and get cold..She said it looked complex."I laughed..


"It did look complex at first...but you peel all of the sub-plots away and it was a simple case of obsession and jealousy..."said Monica...

''Well you wrapped that up in a nice neat package.." I said. "It was really about desire..Unquenched desire."I said..


"That's even neater partner "she said...

I pulled her to me and kissed her softly...we rolled around on the bed for a few minutes kissing and laughing...
 "I have an unquenchable desire for you."I said.

"Ummmmm we need to do something about that now don't we?" she said ,as we dimmed the lights...and began kissing again.





No comments: