Monday, March 28, 2016

Something Evil In The Air



I stared at my coffee and began to sip it slowly.....I had a funny feeling about today...I didn't know why....Somedays you wake up and you just have a funny feeling...This was one of them...

I stared out the window....I saw a flock of Black birds flying in a pattern..
That certainly didn't look good, not at all...

My wife, Sepia walked past me..She smiled..

"You gonna drink that coffee Kevin or just look at it?" she asked...


I smiled and pointed out the window...

"Look at that"I said.

Sepia looked at the birds flying in formation....

"That doesn't look all that good...The sun was shining just an hour ago...That's why I put this sundress on....I think I'm going to go and change..." she said..

I motioned for her to come and sit on my lap....She smiled and did...I put my arms around her...

"Not yet.."I said and hugged her...

Sepia kissed me softly....

"Those birds do look foreboding Kevin...I was going to go pick the baby up today.." she said.

Our daughter, nearly a year old was staying with Robert and Bonita Foxworth...She had had a playdate with their new daughter and had spent the weekend...

It was Monday morning....Sepia was planning to pick her up today...

I ran my hands under her sundress...I loved how smooth her shapely brown legs felt...

Soon Sepia and I were kissing passionately....

"Ummmmm, we'd better not get started with this...I have to go to work today..."Sepia laughed as we continued kissing...


"You stop first.."I said ,laughing and trying to slip her panties down...

"Uh Uhhh..stoppppppppppppppp.."she laughed.....As I slipped them off and pulled my zipper down....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are impossible.."moaned Sepia and she stood up and lowered herself down on my penis...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girlllllllllllllllllll.." I moaned as she moved up and down...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she cried out as she moved up and down, up and down and my head leaned back....

We were both breathing heavy....
Within minutes we were on the living room couch making passionate and sweet love...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are sooooooooooooooo nasty...." she moaned..

"You feel sooo good babes.."I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I must, you're always pawing all over me..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.."she moaned.

The couch was rocking so hard, it felt as if the legs were going to crack from under it...

An hour went by....then an hour and a half....then another hour and finally, we both climaxed in a crescendo of passion...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" screamed Sepia...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god!" I moaned...

We were both hot and sweaty....

"Nasty." she said and stuck her tongue out...

I watched as she picked up her clothes and walked upstairs and jumped in the shower...

I was too exhausted to move...but I felt good..
Within minutes...I joined her in the shower with a warm embrace


as hot soapy water ran down our sweaty bodies...

 Sometime later after we'd both gotten dressed...Sepia kissed me as she got ready to drive to work...

"You got any houses to show today?" I asked.

"No, thank goodness...Fooling around with you..I'd of been late." she laughed..
She kissed me again,passionately....and said..

"I'll save some more of this for you ,after dinner.." she said seductively and walked to her car....

"It's a date." I said...

I watched her and smiled as she drove off...

I looked up at those birds flying in formation...I wondered if this was a forerunner to some inpending trouble.

II-

I went to work..Being the boss had it's perks..It meant I could come in or not come in and it didn't matter...Mostly...I came in every day....If I had any detective work...I need only take the elevator to the sub-basement where Morris Investigations...My detective agency was...



I was planning to leave at 2:00 PM..call it a day ,when I got a visitor out in my suite area....
"Kevin? Kevin Morris right?" he said...He was a young Black man about my age, my build, dressed very nicely...with a goatee and a smooth bald head..

"I know you...Christmas right? You're uh Bonnie Shay's uh friend...Ronald?" I asked..

"We were at your house for Christmas Dinner." he said and shook my hand...
"How is Bonnie doing?" I asked.. I hadn't seen her in a little while ,but had heard from Robert Foxworth that she had started practicing a little law again, in addition to her work as a Insurance Investigator..
Bonnie Shay had helped me with the Ralph Scallion Restaurant arson case and later on we had worked together on a hacking case that helped me return my nemesis ,Mr. Tickle back to prison..She was sharp and good..
"That's why I'm here Kevin, Bonnie has vanished!" he said.

"Vanished?  You two uh have a fight or something?" I asked..

"No, not at all...Up until about 72 hours ago...I had spent the night and most of the morning at her house...She kissed me and told me she'd be getting off late and that she'd be stopping by my apartment after she got off work..She never showed up..and she didn't call or text me...She always calls me ,even on the nights we don't spend together..It's been three days..She hasn't been to work...And she hasn't been to her place...That's not like her at all...I have a key..I've been by there.."he said.

"Where is her car?" I asked.

"No sign of it." said Ronald..

I could tell he was worried sick...and now I was worried..This didn't sound good.
"You call the cops?" I asked.

"No, but I remember her saying that you and Donnie Ray Alexander were the two finest investigators she ever worked with...

Donnie Ray works principally for his wife Olivia Bennett-Alexander ,The Attorney and her niece...Attorney Beverly West...




but you...You're freelance..If anybody could find her, you could.."he said.

"Okay...Let's start."I said.

"Kevin...I'm an Attorney...I can pay you.." he said.

"Nonsense...Bonnie is like family now..I wouldn't dream of charging you....If she's in danger...We need to work fast...Was she working on anything?" I asked.

"Matter of fact, she was...There was this guy, Dr. Micheal Connally...World renown
Psychologist..He's written a couple of books, won a noble peace prize...Has been a consultant for the FBI and police departments...He's a profiler..." said Ronald.

"Why was she investigating him?" I asked..

"He's up in age and he's married to a real hot and much younger woman...She recently took out a two million dollar life insurance policy on him...Bonnie wanted to talk to him and make sure he was aware of it and compare the signature on the policy..To make sure it was his..."said Ronald.
''Seems rather run of the mill huh?"

"Except she couldn't find him." said Ronald.

"What?" I asked..

"He's dropped out of sight and she was afraid that some foul play might be involved...She was going to go to the police the day before she dropped out of sight too.." said Ronald..

Now I was worried...I told you I had had this feeling of dread this morning...

"Let's go to her house...Maybe she left her phone behind, maybe there is something on her computer or laptop that may give us a clue.."I said.

III-


We went to Bonnie's house...We found her laptop, her tablet and both of her phones...

"I know her passwords Kev." he said.

"Good ,that will get things moving.. Has she got another phone?"I said.

"Yeah..her personal phone and it's probably on her..." he said.."I've called her number and it keeps going straight to voicemail.."he said.

That didn't sound good..I thought..

"Kev..you uh..don't think she's dead ,do ya?" he asked...I could see by how shaken he was that he thought there might be a possibility of that...

"Ron, We don't know anything yet..Don't think the worst."I said and patted him on the back..

Her laptop had very good notes about The Connally case...Top and bottom...and notes on his wife...

A woman named Ginger Stevens-Connally, who had a couple of pandering convictions and had been an exotic dancer in Florida where he'd met and married her..She had also been married five times,  ...All but one were very wealthy men and all but her first husband had mysteriously met their deaths after being married to her...In Florida, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Georgia..

Bonnie was thorough...She had photos and addresses...Apparently this woman had a lover...Lance Flintlock...a local playboy and suspected grifter, with a few convictions himself..

I needed to talk to these two people...

Her phones revealed a number of calls to the Connally residence and to Cyclops Insurance where she worked , To Ronald and a few personal calls to friends..

"Ronald...give me her phone number...Her personal phone number.."I said.

"She's not answering.." he said..

"I know..but I have equipment that can track her movements and perhaps that will lead me to her..."I said.. "Go have a couple of drinks...go home and relax...I'll call you when I know something."I said.

"You sure I can't help you Kevin?" he asked.

"No Ronald..This is what I do and I work better alone or with my people.."I said.

"Alright man...Don't hesitate to call me when you uh find something.."he said..

"I got your number man...It's gonna be alright..Don't worry."I said.

I only wished I could be sure..

IV-

At the sub-basement headquarters of Morris Investigations...I was in luck. I was able to round up Peeping Tom,Lockpick Johnson, Clerow, Owen Todd and Sean Jackson as well as our new associates, 4 former CIA operatives and one ex KGB operative...

I needed their skills...

For one thing..I was able to take Bonnie's phone number and track her movemants of the past 72 hours...She checked in at work.....She then made several calls to the Connally residence..She drove to Dunkin Donuts....Her credit card activity told me she had a coffee and a bow tie...Then she drove to a residence belonging to Lance Flintlock....

"Kev ,I can pull street and traffic cam footage up on the screen of your friend at the time she drove to Flintlock's house..." said Peeping Tom...

''Look there she is.."said Owen Todd...

"She's ringing the bell and she's looking in the window..." said Clerow...

"Hey Lockpick,look at this..She might give you a run for your money..."laughed Sean Jackson...

She disabled the alarm system and picked the lock and let herself in.....

Damn, Bonnie was good...I thought to myself...

Lockpick Johnson laughed...

"Whatever she was looking for...She didn't find it...She came right out.." he said.

She was next seen driving back to the Connally house..It was dark...

"Okay look, she's getting a call..."said one of the ex CIA agents...

"Can you trace it?" I asked..

"Burner phone...but she's on the move..." he said.

The  GPS on her phone led us to a non descript building on the other side of town...

"Okay there she is going in....That's about 72 hours ago...but she never comes out....Now look...There is somebody with her car keys...driving her car away...."said the ex-KGB agent...

"Her car had a low jack in it...can you trace that?" I asked..

"Got it!!....." said another guy...

"They parked her car down the street from her house.." he said...

"Good work guys..." I said...I didn't want to let on that I was upset, that I feared the worst , that Bonnie Shay might be dead...

V-


Sepia, Ronnie and I located the car...a block away from where Bonnie lived...Ronnie had a spare key...He opened the car...We found her purse with her phone and car keys in it...Her credit cards and money....In my line of work, this usually meant that the person was dead...Had been murdered and disposed of...I didn't want to say anything to upset Ronald..Neither did Sepia ,but I could tell she thought the same thing...
None of us said anything...I looked up in the sky...

Those birds were flying in a strange pattern again....

Something Evil was in the air..

(TO BE CONTINUED)


5 comments:

Toni said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Kevin is back!

Angie B. said...

Kev is back and right on a new case.Love it!

Swaggie said...

I love Kevin mysteries!

Vanessa said...

The sex scenes between Kevin and Sepia are the hottest!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES! LOVED THAT SEX SCENE IN THE KITCHEN!!!THAT WAS HOT!