Tuesday, January 1, 2019

An Attorney's Life

A Breezy Monday Morning found me, Attorney Keith Jones
and Attorney Sofia Garcia
on a quick train headed for Stanga State Prison...

We were handling a Death Row appeal...The appeal was of a prisoner who called us frantically...Or rather he called Sofia frantically...

He was due to be executed by lethal injection
at Green State Prison within two weeks... His name was Vincent Olipio....He had grown up in the same neighborhood as Sofia and Bee Bee

He knew them...He once sold drugs on the corner of their block....He had dropped out of school in the 11th grade...He had compiled a lengthy arrest record...He was already in prison, serving a 99 year sentence for a murder he says he didn't commit...a gangland shooting...when he teamed up with two other inmates, George Sanders and John Cleaver, both serving long sentences...

They escaped...They became known as the Chester Three...They escaped the brand new Maximum security prison in Chester, Pa.

For reasons only they knew they fled to Philadelphia...Where they held up a sporting goods store...They were surprised by a rookie police officer, Aubrey Johnson ....His second week on the job... George Sanders shot him dead...

He was 23 , he had only been married a short while and left behind a pregnant wife...

The three were captured in New Jersey and quickly extradited to Pennsylvania where they stood trial on Capital Murder charges...They were all convicted and sentenced to death...

John Cleaver committed suicide , rather than face waiting to be executed...George Sanders, the actual shooter was executed last year...

Which left Vinnie Olipio...The last surviving member of the Chester Three.. Scheduled to be executed in two weeks...Through a jailhouse lawyer he had appealed his death sentence several times only to be denied all times...

His last hope rested on Beatrice Evans , who he had unsuccessfully romanced once and Sofia Garcia..Neighborhood girls who had done well...He had heard that they both were Attorneys now and he had to hope that one or both of them would remember him and help him...

Bee Bee couldn't..she was involved in a contentious trial .....The sensational Willie Childs Murder case...It was in all the papers...

Ms. Yvette was the lead Attorney and

Bee Bee and Khalil were second and third chairs...Her good friends, Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West


had lent her their Para-Legal,
Josie Boyd, who was a god send, helping them with research....
They were up against ADA Miles Ellis again...and unlike the last time...there was no chance that charges were going to be dropped...

They had had a contentious three week trial in which the prosecution appeared to be having the upper hand...

Miles had rested his case...



Yvette, Bee Bee, Kahlil and Josie were in the third day of their defense...
Lieutenant Tragg, the arresting officer appeared to have brought in his best case to date...He sat in the courtroom assured that Willie Childs was going to prison for the rest of his life for a murder he swore he didn't commit..
But Ms. Jade was running a thorough investigation herself, with secret help from her boyfriend, Lt. Danny Ho's

Robbery- Homicide Unit...She had turned up some very interesting facts...Facts that countered the prosecution in a major way...Which Yvette and company were ably using...They were picking up steam now..
The smile on Ms. Yvette's face  upon reading her report was priceless.
and some files Josie had bought her..
seemed to make Miles Ellis nervous.......

"This looks like a good case...Are you certain you crossed all of you t's and dotted all of your i's?" he asked Lt. Tragg.
"Miles relax....This case is in the bag...This guy is guilty as Hell!" said Lt. Tragg...





II-
The train pulled into the rainy,sleepy prison town of Stanga..
Sofia had fallen asleep and her head had rested on my shoulder...

I looked at her sexy body...Her curves, her smooth shapely legs...and smiled...we had always been close, even in law school, not lover close, but brother and sister close...I couldn't lie and say the thought of sleeping with her had never occurred to me...but I had never attempted to...

My heart and my loins longed for Sofia's best friend,
Bee Bee Evans..who was far away in Philadelphia in court...
"Sof...Sofia...wake up.."I said softly...
Sofia woke up and looked into my face...

"I'm sorry Keith...I must have dozed off..." she said..
"That's okay..... We'll get off at the station, grab some lunch and catch a cab to the prison.."I said..

"That sounds good...I wonder how Bee, Kahlil and Ms. Yvette are doing?  This trial is a humdinger..Took the prosecution three weeks to rest his case...They're in day three of their defense.."she said...

"I trust Ms. Jade...Plus the Homicide cops in Lt. Danny Ho's unit hate Lt. Tragg...they did a little extra digging and made her privy to some things while she was doing her own investigation...It seemed that all of Lt. Tragg's facts didn't exactly add up and at least one of his witnesses might have perjured themselves.."I said..

Sofia smiled- "You and Bee Bee do a lot of pillow talking..."

''And you and Khalil don't?" I asked, laughing...
"Of course we do...Everything you said, I already knew" she said and laughed....`

I smiled at her...
She smiled back...

III-
In Philadelphia...Court had adjourned for the day..
"Good Job guys...Get some rest..."said Yvette..
"I can't wait to get Parmenter on the stand.."said Yvette...
"I've got a few things to bring up too..It's going to counter all three weeks of Ellis's work.."laughed Khalil..
Yvette looked at Josie..

"I see why Olivia and Beverly value you so much,



you have been a godsend Josie.."said Yvette..
"Thank you...This has been an education for me.." said Josie..

"You need a ride home Jo? We can take you.."said Khalil...

as he and Bee Bee left the courtroom...
"See you guys tomorrow." said Yvette, smiling....
Miles Ellis walked over to Yvette....He smiled.

"I see you have a new Attorney with you...She's cute...You hand picked her too?" he asked..
"No..she's Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West's para-legal..


Her name is Josie Boyd

and she's currently in law school. She's been helping us out with this case.."said Yvette..
"Oh I see...By the way..


Where is  Keith Jones and the Spanish girl?" he asked.
"They're at Stanga State Prison...They are handling a last minute Death Row appeal..."said Yvette..
"Heady stuff. They ready for that kind of thing just yet?" asked Miles..

"They can handle it...If I wasn't tied up with you...I'd be helping them..."said Yvette..
"But you are...uh tied up with me...Not in the way I'd like.." laughed Miles..
"Never pictured you as the kinky type.."joked Yvette....
''Touche! I walked right into that one.."laughed Miles.. He couldn't help but notice her nice shapely legs and her sexy figure....He remembered her first day at McClusky, Cozen and Connor as it was called then...Straight out of law school, had passed the bar a year before...Eager to work a case...She had caught his eye immediately and he wanted her for himself...She had always spoken in a sexy whisper and had had on a form fitting dress much like the one she was wearing today that accentuated every curve...Black sheer pantyhose and matching shoes..

He was slightly aroused even now in spite of himself...Just as he had been then...

 She was wearing his favorite fragrance...and she was dressed to the nines...She was looking so good that he found himself incredibly aroused by her....Her legs, her smooth skin...her luscious kissable lips..

"Yvette, how bout having a drink with me?" he asked..
"Maybe some other time Miles...and besides...we are opposing attorneys...That wouldn't look right.." said Yvette..
"Doesn't look right you dating an investigator from this office either...

Especially one who works for your old flame eh?

My esteemed colleague, Rockland Cambridge, but there you are?Isn't that a conflict of interests??" asked Miles..
"I don't know..You writing a book Miles?" asked Yvette...
"Tell me ,How does that work for them? I'd be a little uncomfortable working for or with a man who is presently with my ex...." he said..
''I don't know...Why don't you ask them?......"said Yvette..
"You don't really want me to do that....One of them doesn't know does he?" laughed Miles..Let me take a guess...ADA Cambridge...."
Yvette tried not to betray in her face the uneasiness she felt right now..but Miles knew he had struck a nerve...
"Soooooo that's how you roll huh?How long you two think you'll keep that secret? He'll find out eventually you know?"said Miles..
"A lot of things will happen eventually.."said Yvette..
"Like you eventually spending the night with me.."said Miles..He'd wanted Yvette in the bed since he'd first met her...
"I wouldn't count on that...I'll see you tomorrow counselor.."said Yvette who began to walk away...
"Oh it's going to happen...just you wait.."mumbled Miles to himself...

IV-
Sofia and I sat in the cold damp waiting room at the prison and waited for Vincent Olipio to walk in...

He was not at all what I expected...He had been working out...He was a big hulk of a man..My height, but a little heavier and well muscled..His arms like hams...

Upon seeing Sofia, he smiled..
"Mamasita...you are looking gooooood...Aye Mios Dios!" he exclaimed, Checking Sofia out...

"Hello Vinnie."said Sofia.."This is my partner..Attorney Keith Jones...He will be helping me with your appeal.."she said..
'What's up?" I said..

''Sup man?" he said..he eyed me suspiciously...

"You and Sofia...You guys more than uh just partners?" he asked and arched his eyebrow..
"We are colleagues...and anyway that's not your concern right now...Your concern is me saving your life Vinnie..Now tomorrow...Mr. Jones and I have to file an appeal to save your life...I've got a couple of Appellate court judges who might hear your case....We are going to write your appeal, a new appeal tonight.."said Sofia..

''Can you do that? in one night?" he asked..

"We've got no choice...You've got no choice..Why didn't you call me sooner? You wait until your execution date is two weeks away..." asked Sofia..

"Baby girl..I remembered you and Bee Bee were attorneys...



but I didn't know where you were...and when I found out...I uh didn't know if Bee Bee would even take my call....Things did end kind of bad between us..."he said..

"How did they end bad? "I asked..

"What's it to you pal?" he asked..

"Bee Bee is his girlfriend.."said Sofia..

He paused...He simmered down..

"Sorry pal...uh Bee Bee and I used to have a thing back in the day..." he said..

''Stop lying...You liked her , but she didn't like you...and throwing a brick through her window wasn't the way to make her like you...Her dad almost killed you.."laughed Sofia..

He shrugged..

"Yeah, he chased me seven blocks with that shotgun...I thought I was dead..I tried to apologize to Bee Bee at school, but she wouldn't speak to me.."said Vincent..

"And you bent my ear for three nights trying to get me to talk to her on your behalf..but she wouldn't do it.."said Sofia..

They both laughed, remembering their childhood..
How far and how different their lives were now...


Bee Bee and Sofia grew up and became Attorneys ,while Vincent dropped out of school, sold drugs and got in one bad thing after another and now here he was...On Death Row ,about to be executed and his fate was in the hands of his one time home girl..

He looked at Sofia with pure fear in his eyes..

"You think you can save me?" he asked..

"I'll try...I can't promise you..." said Sofia..

He shrugged..

''What have I got to lose?"he said..He looked at me as if to apologize..

"Hey man..what happened between me and Bee..That was a lifetime ago......We were crazy kids...In Middle School...You got a good girl man..You're a lucky man...Take care of Bee..I sure wish I could have...I might not be here in this situation today if I had hooked up with her then...She would have kept me straight.."he said in almost a whisper..
I just held my head down...I managed a weak smile, but said nothing...
"Sit tight Vinnie, we might have some good news for you.."said Sofia..

As he got up to go back with the guard he said...

"It was nice seeing you again Sofia.."he said..
We left the prison and headed back home on the train..

V-
Yvette stared out her window...
She smiled when she saw Gary coming up the stairs...

"Hey Baby"she said..
"Hey...your third day of defense huh?  This is one of your longer trials...."said Gary..
"It is..."she said..
She kissed him passionately at the door...
"Uh, you might want to close the door and let me in...You might ,I mean,We might be seen.."joked Gary..imitating Yvette's often said line when they kissed out in the open..
"We've been a couple almost a year now...I don't care who knows or sees it..I'm tired of hiding..If you face any repercussions...I'll protect you, I'll represent you...I'll see to it that you'll be alright.."said Yvette..
''Baby, what are you talkin about? Is something wrong?" asked Gary..
"No, I just love you...That's all.."said Yvette..
"I love you too!" he said...
They kissed some more...Gary unzippered his trousers..
Yvette took her foot and closed the door...

"If you're going to unzip your trousers...I have to close the door.." she said..

She took him by the hand and walked him to her bedroom, where they both undressed...
Soon enough they were making sweet love...Gary hoisted her up in the air, spread her legs apart and entered her slowly.....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Garyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My godddddddddd!" he yelled..

He had Yvette's legs wide open, he had lifted her up and was thrusting away.....He was losing his mind...her body was so soft, smelled so good and she was so moist...He didn't know if he was coming or going!

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddddddddddddd!" he yelled....
She was kissing him as if it was going out of style...
"Oh My god Yvette, you feel soooooooooooooooooo damn good baby! ohhhhhhh"Gary moaned..

She was so wet and so warm...It was all Gary could do not to explode!!!!

"Oh My godddddddddddd....Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddd...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good lawd "he yelled..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Garyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"she moaned...

Soon they were on top of Yvette's bed, making sweet love...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."she cooed..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawwwwd girl.....ummmmmmmmmmmmmph."he moaned....


The bed was squeaking so loud....it sounded as if all the springs might pop out any minute...and the headboard was giving the wall a workout....

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..." she cooed loudly...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girl!" moaned Gary...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Gary...Yesssssssssssssssssssss.......Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she cooed.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh babyyy..Oh Yvette, you are driving me out of my mind...." he moaned...


At any rate they were happy ,if only for the moment...Miles Ellis's threat was not to be taken lightly..He was not above telling Rockland or doing anything to make Gary's life miserable just for a chance to bed her...

Tonight she was choosing not to think about it..
And a few blocks away...


Bee Bee, Khalil and Jade were going over their case and their arguments for their trial when Sofia and I arrived..
"Heyy Guys, we are home!" said Sofia, who sat down and took her matching pumps off....
 ''Wow, what a day we had...I'm just glad to be home.."I said..

They had Pizza and Coke waiting for us..
 It looked good and it smelled good, but I wanted Bee Bee more than any Pizza..
 I pulled her to me..

"Come here you.."I said softly...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she said surprisingly as I took her in my arms and kissed her passionately for a few minutes..
Kahlil already had Sofia in his arms, kissing her...
 "I missed you baby.." he said.
"I missed you too papi.." she said.
as they kissed passionately...
Ms. Jade smiled and looked on...

We were all in Sofia and Bee Bee's apartment...We were going to pull an all nighter just like we did in college..

Studying, Writing, Eating Hot Pizza and drinking cold Cokes...

An Attorney's life...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


12 comments:

Lisa said...

How Soon Miles Has forgotten Alexandria!

Halo said...

Miles has always wanted Yvette....Alexandria was just a snack..Yvette is his main course!

Cheryl said...

True That!

Tate 2 said...

#FACTS!

Toni said...

This looks good... Snatched from the headlines good!

Angie B. said...

Happy New Year Keith...You're starting out with a good one!

Vanessa said...

Happy New Year Keith...I'm almost echoing Angie B.'s comment..Starting out with a good one.

Sunflower said...

Miles has no future with Alexandria..She lives with her boyfriend..They just had two nice one night stands and a half..

Grover Tha Playboy said...

@Sunflower-Exactly!

Rita said...

This looks promising as usual...Nice to see Attorney Bae again!

Brenda said...

I like the premise...The attorneys seperated by two big cases.

Yvonne Anderson said...

Tell the truth...Yvette is attracted to Miles and under the right circumstances...She might just give him some!