Monday, March 8, 2021

Deadlock To Love


 We were in the Federal District Court waiting for the verdict in a case....

'Wow, so this is "Big Fed"huh?" said Beverly...

"Yeah it is....Much improved since the last time I was here years ago....Do you remember Nelson?" asked Olivia.

"Sure Do...It was a case you had when you were working at Bach and Bach...You called me in as a "consultant", It was the first time I had heard from you in a year...It was so cool to work with you again."said Nelson...

"You were in D.C. interviewing for that job at Immigration Law Niecey Poo.." explained Olivia.

"WOWWWWWW! and you guys came here huh?" said Beverly...

"Yeah...It didn't look like this..They have renovated it since then...A lot, but it was every bit as intimidating.."said Olivia.


''Mis Yvette, Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Ms. Jade were here a few weeks ago.." said Josie.






speaking of our good friends and neighbors, who had been having a rash of successes recently..

"Yes, she told me.." said Olivia with a smile..

"The Jury's Back." I said.


We had been defending our latest client, Jerome Glenn, a federal agent accused of killing another federal agent over a domestic squabble..One was having an affair with the other's wife... He denied both having the affair with the dead agents wife and killing him...He claimed he was being framed...and from my investigation...I believed him.. Yet two juries...Two juries had hopelessly deadlocked on this case...This was our third ..We had never before lost a third trial...

Nelson didn't look too hopeful...He had accurately predicted the jury in the first trial.. 7 to acquit, 5 to convict and in the second trial, 8 to acquit, 4 to convict and he didn't see this trial looking too hopeful either..

"It's just one guy we couldn't get through to." said Nelson..

"I sure hope you're wrong Nelson."said Olivia, giving him a hug..

"I hate to say it, but me too husband...This trial is draining.."said Beverly...
"I tell you what's not draining...Looking at that handsome U.S. Attorney who is trying the case against us....ouuuuuuuuuu."whispered  Josie to Beverly..
"Ouuuuu yeah....He used to be engaged to Bee Bee." said Beverly...

She was talking about U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums, who was as tenacious and well prepared as any prosecutor we had gone up against... He felt the same way about us....No one had ever given him this hard a time in court... He never wanted to go up against us again, but he did enjoy looking at the women.. He found himself daydreaming about all three during slow parts of the trial..


"Olivia is gorgeous...She takes the air out of whatever space she's in...She's older than me, but I could live with that...I could live with a woman like her forever.." he mused..


Beverly, that body, those hips, those legs...Oh my god...She would drive me crazy in the bed...

She reminds me of Bee Bee...So round, so voluptuous....Ouuuuuuuuuuuu...
And Josie....Ummmmmmmmm look at those mellons ...myyyy goodness...She's the only one of that crew that isn't married...perhaps after the trial ,I'll see if I can get her number, take her out a few times..
Ummmmm..." he mused.
He reminded himself that he was a lonely man...Having been married and divorced and having lost his first love, 




Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans to marriage..She was now married to Keith Jones...a man she had met in law school..


He desperately needed someone...Someone new!

II-

We had had the same Judge on both trials...Even he was getting tired...

"Baillif ,has the jury made a decision?" he asked.

"Your honor, the jury is hopelessly deadlocked.." he said..

"POLL THE JURY!" he said..

This had been our best showing yet...The jury voted 11 to acquit and only 1 to convict..

"The Government will resubmit charges at a later date." sighed U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums, slumping down into his seat..

"He can't be serious.." sighed our client, Jerome Glenn as he was handcuffed by Bailiffs and taken back to federal lock up...We couldn't get bail for him...

"I'm afraid he is...but don't worry...We aren't giving up..."I said.

"My husband is right...We believe in your innocence, even though we are having a hard time proving it."said Olivia..



Beverly and Josie looked particularly drained and disheartened...

Nelson didn't look to happy either..

U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums sighed..

"Deadlock or not, they're kicking my butt...Three trials...All deadlocked..." he said.
''Don't feel too bad.. They're the best defense lawyers money can buy and you've been holding your own against them..No mean feat...There are many Assistant District Attorneys in this city who have not been so lucky..." said the Judge ,patting him on the back..


We retreated upstairs to their stylish dining facility...

"Ouuuu this is better than our city courthouse.."said Beverly...

"WOWWWWW!"said Nelson..

"It is gorgeous..We didn't come up here.." said Olivia.

"It probably didn't look like this when you guys were last here."said Josie.

"No, it probably didn't.."said Olivia


"Let's see how the food is.." I said..

We had a healthy breakfast or brunch as it were..

Cheese Grits and Shrimps,Louisiana style.


Scrapple.

Omelettes to order..

Pancakes
Sausage
and Hash Browns...

"One thing about the Feds...."I said while chowing down... "Whether it be New Orleans or here in Philly, they know how to feed you...They never disappoint.."I said..
"You aint never lied Donnie Ray."said Nelson ,who was chowing down as well..

''Would you two slow down before you choke.?"said Beverly, laughing at both of us..
''Especially you."said Josie, who playfully tried to hold Nelson's arm to stop him from eating any faster..

Olivia cracked up laughing....

U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums watched us from afar, loose, laughing, enjoying our food..He wished he could be loose like that....



"Olivia!!! Beverly!!! Nelson!!! It's Me!" came a voice behind us...A Pretty well dressed Black woman about Beverly, Nelson and Josie's age came in...




she was rolling her briefcase with her!

"Aida??? Aida Jackson is that you?" asked Olivia...
"Aida??? Oh My God...Look at youuuuuu!" said Beverly

as both women hugged her....

"Olivia, Beverly...Come here Nelson..." she said and hugged him.....
"Heyyyy baby!" laughed Nelson.

She smiled at me..



'Mr. Donnie Ray.." she said and hugged me..

"Heyyyy Aida...How you doin baby?" I said.. 

Aida Jackson was the daughter of a neighbor of Olivia and Beverly....She graduated from Girls High with Beverly and Kayla, but went to Fisk University, where she knew Josie for a little while....She then went to Georgetown Law School, graduated and passed the bar , getting a job at 2 high powered D.C. Firms.. She came up here for Beverly and Nelson's wedding and then stayed with us for a few weeks last summer...She was up here for Kayla and Ray's wedding too and then back to D.C..
"I'm doing fine..I'm doing fine..."she said.. "And congratulations Josie, you graduated and passed the bar..." said Aida..
"Yupper..It's been over a year now.."said Josie , also hugging her..

U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums perked up...

"Oh My Goddddd..Who is that?" he mused, watching her talk to us...

''So Aida what brings you to town?"asked Olivia.


"I'm moving back to Philly...and I'm uh interviewing for a job at the U.S. Attorney's office.."she said.

"THAT IS GREAT!!!...I am sooo Happy for you!Where are you staying?  You know you are welcome to stay with us until you get settled."said Olivia.


"Oh thank you guys....I won't be any trouble..." said Aida.

"Kayla and Ray live across the street from us now...Why don't you come over and have dinner with us tonight.."said Beverly...

"Oh Wowwww! That will be soooo nice." said Aida.
"Oh My God....She's She's beautiful......I've got to meet her..."mused U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums..

III-

"You guys are living the dream"said Aida as she entered our Duplex Office..

We all went upstairs to Nelson and Beverly's domicile.,



"This is my goal to have my own firm and staff one day..."said Aida..

"This is more like family than staff." said Olivia..

I was her husband,

Beverly , her niece
Nelson, now married to Beverly, but having been with her for years professionally...
Josie, though not related by blood or marriage, had been with Liv and Beverly since they opened the doors of this place..
and office manager, Alfreda, Beverly's mother and sometimes, a second mother to Olivia..
and of course...Paris, Josie's significant other..

They were all over tonight...
Kayla, Olivia and Beverly's cousin and  her husband, 
Ray came over...

Since it was such short notice, Alfreda called her caterer friend...and he whipped up a soul food buffet

with Fried fish and Fried Chicken....Baked Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Candied Yams,Cornbread, Collard Greens and Peach Cobbler..

For the second time today we chowed down..

"Aida girl, we are all going to the Gym Saturday...to work this good food off our hips.."said Beverly.
"Yessssss...I'm joining you."said Olivia..
"Awwww Liv, you're fine...Nothing wrong with you.."said Josie..
"I know..while me...I'm spreading.." said Kayla.

"Girrrrl you and me both..."said Aida..
"Nelson mannnn ,I love being married into this family....These Bennett women are fine as hell and every woman they associate with is fine as hell.."Ray whispered to Nelson.
Nelson laughed as he continued eating..
So did Paris...


Alfreda looked at me.

"You alright Donnie Ray?" she asked..


"Yeah... I was just thinking about our client.." I said.

Jerome Glenn....We were eating and relaxing...I am certain the meal he was eating in Federal Lockup was not the same as the meal we were enjoying... I wanted to do all in my power to get that brother out of jail and re-instated ..He was a good guy...


I drove Alfreda home...When I returned... Everyone was paired off ,playing Spades....

Olivia gave Aida a spare key..

"Husband and I are going up...When you finish, here is a key to let yourself in.." she said.


"Thank you soo much Olivia.."said Aida.

III-

 

Olivia sat on the side of the bed.. She wore a brand new lavender see through nightie.. with matching lavender bra and panties..My eyes practically popped out of my head as she took them off..She looked at me and smiled...

 She had purchased it from Bridget Jones's shop -Lady Chatterlies Lover, Panties and Bras for the Discriminating Woman.

She had showered and had on a new lotion and fragrance..

She smelled great...as usual...Her skin was baby soft..

I loved it..
We kissed passionately in the middle of the floor of our bedroom... and true to form, she was kissing me slower and more passionately than ever..The door was locked...

"Mmmmmmmm Husband, you are sooo hard and sooo huge....Ouuuuuuuu what am I going to do with all this?" she whispered..

"What you've been doing since we met...enjoying it,like I've totally enjoyed you.." I whispered..

"Yessssssssss....ummmmm yesss." she said.

We sat on the side of the bed...Kissing passionately while she moved up and down on top of my rock hard penis....So wet, so baby soft....I was losing my mind.....She kept shusshing me, reminding me that we were going to have a guest tonight...

By the time we wound up in bed, tears were flowing down her face and her body was trembling..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu girllll.." I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband, ummmmmmmmmmm.."she moaned..

'Ouuuuuuuuuu Donnie Rayyyy I love you sooo much, sooo much, you don't even understand..."moaned Olivia....

"I love you too Olivia...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd…" I cried out..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm… ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you like it daddy?" she cooed..

"I do.." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I like it too!" she said..

We were making sweet love...Nice and slow and unrushed...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS passed by and we weren't even close to stopping...


Olivia positioned herself on top of me and began to move up and down..

"OHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDD DONNIE RAYYYYY! " she bellowed..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. I moaned..  I didn't know if I was coming or going..

This bed didn't squeak, but the headboard did rattle....

ANOTHER TWO HOURS SLIPPED BY BEFORE WE BOTH CAME TOGETHER, holding each other tightly, sweat running down our backs..

  Later ,as Olivia sat on the side of the bed, smiling at me... I just smiled and thought..
about the first night we met, the first time we made love, how good it felt and how I knew I had to have this feeling for the rest of my life, no matter what, and no matter where I had to track her to find it again!
Me that night with that beard, which I have sense shaved..

And her in that sheer yellow dress...So sheer,I could nearly see her panties, and those nice smooth shapely legs....

I could still see her as she was that night...and remember how good she felt.



Olivia got up and walked out to the refrigerator...She got a bottle of water... I stared at her...She smiled at me...It was almost as if she was thinking the very same thing.  Aida was in the other room, sleeping peacefully. 

 IV-
The next day,
U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums had gotten lucky... No he didn't have any new information regarding his case...But he come across the resume and photo of Aida Jackson, The sexy young woman he saw talking to Olivia and Beverly yesterday at the end of the trial..

It turned out she was an Attorney and had been one for a few years now and was applying for a job at the U.S. Attorneys Office..

Aida  Malika Jackson

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Educated in Philadelphia Public Schools..

Graduated from Philadelphia High School for Girls

Attended Fisk University B.A. -Pre Law, Trial Advocacy, Administration of Justice

Speaks Spanish and French Fluently.

Attended Georgetown University Law School- J.D.

Passed Bar- Washington. D.C. , Virginia, Deleware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York

Worked at Farber and Barber, Attorneys at Law, Associate Attorney, Washington D.C.

Stevenson and Reynolds, Attorneys at Law, Sr. Associate Attorney, Washington D.C.

It was a very impressive resume' and her references were great... He pushed her resume to the top..
He had a phone number...He was going to call her himself.



We all sat in Sam Mother's diner the next morning , having coffee..
We were chilling out after a grueling trial..


"I happen to catch you guys act yesterday....A Hung Jury, 11-1 to acquitt...Wowww, bummer..."said Aida.

''And this was the third hung jury Aida for the same case.."said Beverly..
"They broke 7 to acquit, 5 to convict in the first trial and 8 to acquit, 4 to convict in the second trial."said Nelson.
"This was our best showing...We thought we had it this time.."said Olivia.

"I imagine the U.S. Attorney should be just as worn out as you guys...I'm surprised he's not offering a proffer at this point.." laughed Aida.



Her phone rang....

"Hello, Aida Jackson, Attorney at Law.." she whispered..

"Ohhhhhhh wowwww your voice sounds so heavenly..."said U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums...

''Excuse me?" said Aida, giggling..
"Oh I'm sorry...Uh er ruh...I-I-I'm U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums...I have uh ruh looked over your resume and I think we'd like to look at you...Uh I-I Mean uh interview you...Could you uh come in tomorrow?" he asked.

"Saturday??" she asked..

"Oh yeah, uh ...I'm...I'm sorry...Monday Morning.. 9:00 AM , How is that?" asked Todd Dellums.

"Sure...9:00 AM sharp it is.." said Aida , who smiled..

"That was a strange call..Somebody named U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums..He wants to interview me for the job at the U.S. Attorney's office."said Aida.

''THAT'S GREAT AIDA!"said Olivia.
"WOW! THAT WAS FAST NEWS...HOW LONG YOU BEEN IN TOWN? "asked Beverly..

"Yesterday....I stopped by the Federal Courthouse to drop off my resume...I made some calls and this one guy offered to put me up for the night...but I didn't want to deal with him...He wanted Panty action and I wasn't feeling him like that...I was so glad I ran into you guys and you let me crash for the night..I was going to find an Air BNB if I hadn't run into you guys..." she said.. "How is Ms. Yvette and her guys doing?" asked Aida.
"You can ask them yourself...Here they come.."said Nelson..

"IS THAT AIDA????Heyyyy AIDA!!" said Ms. Yvette as she and her team entered Sam Mothers...
"Hey Lady." said Gary...

"There goes My Spades Partner."laughed Bee Bee.

"Heyyyyyyy girl."said Keith Jones.

"Heyyyyyy Aida."said Sofia.
"What's going on Girl?" said Kahlil..
"Hiiiiii Aida." said Jade.

They had all met Aida and hung out with her the last two times she had been up...


"Heyyyyy guys...Congratulations guys....You all got married and moved into homes since I last saw you guys....Sorry I missed your weddings...D.C. kept me busy...but I'm getting ready to move back up here and I may have a job...Soon as I get settled...I will have wedding presents for you all."said Aida.
"Ohhhh girl don't worry about that."said Yvette... She then looked at Olivia. "I heard you guys got a third deadlocked jury... Todd should probably be offering you a proffer at this point, but I know you Liv you wouldn't accept one if he did offer would you?" said Yvette, smiling.
"Next to Neicey Poo and my husband, you know me the best Vettie, No...I wouldn't acccept anything less from him short of him dropping all charges."said Olivia..
"You're both digging your heels in...He can be a stubborn asshole...I know...I was engaged to him once."said Bee Bee..
"Oh woww, He offered me a job in the U.S. Attorney's office."said Aida.
"Girrlll take it!!!...That is a position of a lifetime....Don't mind me...I'm Happily married and Todd and I are cool when we see each other...He's alright...."said Bee Bee.


Beverly and Sofia rubbed her back...They weren't sure if she was cool or not!
Olivia looked at me..

''What's on your mind dear heart?"she asked..

''We were close to winning this case and then we weren't...One Juror stood between us and a win." I said.

"Which is certainly better than five to convict in the first trial and four to convict in the second trial."said Nelson..

"Yeah but something about this juror bothers me...I'm going to look into him..." I said.

While we were eating..


And in the U.S. Attorney's Office..

U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums looked over Aida's resume..


and daydreaming about her like a high school youth.....

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: