Monday, March 28, 2022

A Tale Of Two Comics


 Our good friend Stephon Bristol, who we hadn't heard from in years , had opened a tony new supper club...

He invited us and our ever growing family out to an expenses paid dinner...He said the club was going to have live entertainment..Two comedians. He didn't know who they were going to be..

The coolest thing about the club was it was casual...Come as you are..



We loaded two of our mini buses and drove up to the Supper club....

''This place is incredible...Stephon Bristol wasn't lying.." I said..
''He's done quite well for himself...A far cry from the creepy nerdy guy, who wanted to date me back in the day. He's quite the entrepreneur. " said my wife, Olivia.
"I remember when he used to come over our house...He was always dressed so sharp , but so shy ...
He would melt like butter when Auntay came in the room." said Beverly..
''Wow...Well this place and Skybar prove that he's far past that."said Nelson..
''Skybar is nice... Paris and I went there a couple of times.." said Josie.
"Yeah, we all ought to go back one night." said Paris.
''Wow...you guys have some really really powerful clients..Rollie Rollerson, Stephon Bristol, Richard Graves...wowww and they do you guys big favors." said Bresha.
"Heyyy that's the way to roll...I'm here for it." said her husband, Tony.
"My cousins make some great friends...."said Kayla.
"Yeah, the right kind of friends, Friends that invite you to spots like this. and pay for you and your friends!" said her husband, Ray...


''That guarantees you'll come back as paying customers in the future." added Olivia.

"I know that's right!!! I knew the first time I worked with Olivia and Beverly that I wanted to stay connected to them." said Dabnis.
"Olivia is like my mama..." gushed his wife, Jazzy..
"I think we all feel that way about her.." said Jessica Sanchez-Burrows.

"AWWWWWWWW" said Olivia, hugging two of her protoge's, Jessica and Jazzy..
"But she was my auntay first." said Beverly...
''And my favorite cousin." said Kayla..both getting territorial as we all shared a big laugh...
We didn't know it then, but it might have been the best laugh of the night.

Jessica's husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows looked around.. "This place is huge...and the lighting.." he said.

I know for a fact that my wife and her niece, Beverly were over the moon that all of these people, Attorneys we had been friends and occasionally worked with for years all lived across and down the street from us... We no longer felt alone or isolated in the neighborhood.. Anytime we had a chance to fellowship or hang out..They jumped on it..Olivia and Beverly were becoming the social directors of our neighborhood.
''I remember Stephon Bristol...He had such a crush on Olivia...They were 14 and 15 years old... She wasn't feeling him at all...and he was so awkward...Steve Urkel awkward..."laughed Alfreda.. ''My Beverly was just a baby...Just starting to understand things.."laughed Alfreda.

"Bet'cha she'd consider him now."laughed Rockland.


"This is nice! So nice."said Yvette.
"WOWWWW!" said Gary.
"I'm lovin this place." said Keith Jones..
"I heard there is going to be two comedians.." said Bee Bee.
"I wonder who they are going to be." said Sofia..
"The Headliner is Mouthy Malloy.. He's hillarious...I've seen his comedy specials on Netflix."said Kahlil.
''Me and Bev have caught his act on Netflix...He is funny." said Nelson.
"He is funny, but he's kind of mean spirited and sexist." said Beverly.
''Yeah Jo said the same thing..I believe we saw him over your house Bev." said Paris.

''We saw his first special at Nelson and Beverly's spot and his most recent special at home.. He is funny, but like Bev said...It's Mean spirited Frat Boy humor...That's why you guys like him." said Josie.
"I seen him at a comedy club once..The same one we went to on our first date bae." said Tony..

''Don't mention that...They had three good comedians and then the headliner came on and she sucked...
That Attorney at your old firm who doubles as a comedian at night."said Bresha,

"I never heard of Mouthy Malloy, but I'll take you guys word on it."said Jade..
Her husband, Lt. Danny Ho smiled.

"I've heard of him...I caught his act on Netflix too..." he said.
"Yeah me too! " said Ms. Virginia, Yvette's new Office Manager.
She had gotten her boyfriend, Judge Jetty Dukes to come out tonight....

We had even gotten Zoey and Lem to come out with us tonight..
"Nice place isn't it?" said Zoey.
"It is...We've got to come back her pne night..Just you and me." said her husband Lem, squeezing her tight.

The Food Arrived..


The Food Arrived... As promised...It was the best in Southern Cuisine.

We were all delighted... The food was delicious...


The wines arrived during our meal....Like the food, the wine was excellent.. It was a great night so far..


After our dinner and drinks..The entertainment began...

Ladies and gentlemen...Our headliner is comedian, Mouthy Malloy..." said the M.C.

The crowd cheered loudly...

"You know him from his two Netflix Specials and his appearances on Jimmy Fallon, Seth Myers and Jimmy Kimmells late night shows...In addition , he'll be hosting Saturday Night Live later on this month...He'll be on a little later... but to warm this crowd up, We have a local up and coming comedian..

She's a very successful attorney by day here in Philadelphia and a Stand Up comedian by night.. Put your hands together for KAREN WALKER, ESQUIRE.....Treat her good or she'll sue your asses...Give it up for Karen everybody!" said the M.C.


"OHHHHH NOOOOOO!  OHHHH GODDD NOOOOOO!" said Nelson... Karen was one of his ex-girlfriends, a very talented  attorney, but a terrible comedian.


''Oh Jesus, Noooooo." said Tony..who remembered he and Bresha's first date, when she performed and bombed...


''Oh My God Nooooooo!" sighed Bresha, who remembered how bad she was..

Beverly and her aunt, Olivia laughed so hard , they had to hold each other...Tears were running down their faces because they too remembered how bad her performance was..They slammed the palms of their hands on the table, they were laughing so hard..

"Control yourself girls, She hasn't told a joke yet." I said, laughing myself...

''We can only hope." said Josie..



Karen Walker came out... The majority of the audience had no idea how really bad she was...They cheered loudly....She saw Olivia and Beverly laughing...No idea they were laughing AT HER and she smiled warmly at them.

Karen Walker walked on and smiled at the audience.

 "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what's goin on? Did you come to laugh tonight? Did you come to laugh?" she asked.. The crowd was loud and hyped...They roared loudly...

 "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

 "Well Alright..I don't wanna have to sue yall." she bellowed and the crowd applauded and laughed loudly... This would be the only laughs she would get on her own...

 She went into a long winded monologue that went nowhere... The loud rowdy crowd soon quieted down.. 

There wasn't even light laughter.. 

 She went into another long winded monolouge that went nowhere.. A Heckler in the crowd went..

"Damn I hope you're better in the courtroom than you are on stage." 

 This was met with raucous laughter... She smiled.. "A Fan!" she said., 

"Not anymore" said the Heckler. This got some light laughter.

 She went into another long monologue... Another heckler went- 

  "Damn baby, you might have to sue us ,cause this shit aint funny.." 

 It was met by more raucous laughter.... 

"Maybe you need a drink? Give me a break huh?" said Karen,

"I am drunk, maybe you need to give us a break and say something funny." said the heckler.

The crowd broke out into raucous laughter.


 She went into another long monologue that went nowhere.. The crowd was starting to groan now!


''My God I remember her.. I prosecuted her for murder a few years ago..She was accused of killing a heckler..I'm serious...That's how I met Olivia and Beverly...They successfully defended her..She really does suck!." said Rockland..

Alfreda smiled and rubbed his hands..Olivia had told her the story already. She laughed a little bit at the irony of it all.. Rockland hated Olivia and Beverly then, until he met her and fell in love with her and learned she was Beverly's mother and that Olivia was the sister of Beverly's father..her ex...Now he loved Olivia and Beverly like family.


Karen went into another  long winded monologue that went nowhere... 

The loud rowdy crowd soon quieted down.. 

There wasn't even light laughter.. She went into another long winded monologue that also went nowhere.

"UGHHHHHH! She is hard to bare... I want to like her, but she sucks.. I tried a case with her a few years back... She's a very talented lawyer, really knows her stuff.. I like her as a person , I do.. but she aint funny, not at all!" groaned Dabnis.
''She's Worse than she was when we saw her perform at Mulberry Street ,  when she opened for Reed Nelson and his quintet and Josie's Bar and Grille, if that's possible." said Jazzy..
"God, I just finished eating. She makes me want to lose my food... Ughhhhh!" said Kayla,,,
''Geeeez. She sucks!" said Gary.
"She's so bad, she's almost funny." said Jessica.
"Ughhhhhhhh, she sucks!" said Chip..
"I can't believe this woman is a comedian...I hope she's better in the courtroom."said Zoey..

"Oh My God....She's so bad! but I've heard of her..She is a very good Attorney." said Lem.


Karen went into two long monologues that again went nowhere..  

You could hear a pin drop..

"Gee, what's the matter? You guys allergic to laughing?" she asked..

"No are you allergic to telling a funny joke?" asked another heckler.

Now the crowd laughed....

''If it wasn't for the hecklers, we wouldn't be laughing at all. My God, She's terrible!" said Yvette.
"I agree..This chick just aint funny. NOT AT ALL!" said Gary.
"Is she almost done.?" asked Keith Jones.
"I hope so.."sighed Bee Bee.
"Gee, I hope this Mouthy Malloy guy is funny."said Sofia.
"Oh trust me , He's funnier than her." said Kahlil..
''At this point..I'm thinking anybody would be." said Jade.
"Geeez!" sighed Danny Ho.
"Holy Smokes, I've never seen a comedian this bad..She can't get one laugh."said Virginia.
"Lawd....I'm glad the food was good...The entertainment sucks! You know I  know her...She's a Damn good Attorney...She practiced in my court a couple of years ago!! but this side gig of hers aint it... She needs to stay in her lane...LAWDDDD have mercy! Watching paint dry is more entertaining." said Jetty Dukes.


Karen went into another long monologue...It went nowhere.. The crowd just sat there... Finally she began doing impressions...of animals, famous people, people from history that nobody had heard of..the works...She was clearly falling on her face.

Now people just stared at her like she was crazy....

Beverly and Olivia were laughing...Laughing because she was sooo bad and at everyone's reactions..


Karen saw them and smiled..

''There are two friends of mine...They're laughing.." she said.

"How much did you pay em?" asked a Heckler..




Now Nelson ,Josie and I were laughing along with some of the rest of the audience..



Paris, Bresha and Tony just hung their heads...

"My Name is Attorney Karen Walker... Mouthy Malloy is next!" she said, signing off..

"Thank God!" said another Heckler.

She left the stage...Not a person clapped..

The M.C. was mortified...He had no idea Karen Walker's act was soooo very bad..

"WHO THE HELL BOOKED HER? OUUUUU SOMEBODY IS GOING TO BE OUT OF A JOB WHEN I FIND OUT!!! GOOD GOD, SHE WAS AWFUL.....OHHHHHHHH HELL!" he said.

He came out...

"Alright...The man you've been waiting for is here.. You've seen him on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and his two Netflix specials.  Give it up for MOUTHY MALLOY!!!!!!!" he said.

The audience applauded wildly.....


Mouthy Malloy came out and his first monologue made everybody forget about Karen Walker.. He was beyond funny, He was hillarious..He had us laughing so hard, tears were flowing from our eyes...

He went into another monologue that was even funnier than the first one.. Everybody was laughing loud and enjoying themselves...

His third monologue was  so funny, all of the women had tears running down their faces and were slamming their hands on the table and the guys were high fiving and laughing...

This guy was good!!!

Karen Walker was sitting in the back near the bar..Staring at the ceiling....





She bought a bottle of Tequilla and was downing shots...She wasn't bothering anybody and nobody was paying her any mind.. I imagine she felt bad enough as it was , totally bombing on stage and watching another comedian getting laughs. She was good and drunk....


Mouthy Malloy's dark, cruel side came out..He zeroed in on her..

''OH LOOK EVERYBODY..There is Karen Walker over by the bar... Buy her another bottle bartender..In fact, buy everybody here another bottle, after enduring her set, oh boyyyy." he said.

The crowd roared with laughter...

"She was supposed to warm the crowd up for me...wowww...You guys were ice cold when I came out!"he said..

Met by thunderous applause..

''She's An Attorney during the day... I heard she's a very good Attorney.. I hope she's better in the courtroom than on the stage...Oh my god!" he said.

The crowd roared their approval...

''In Fact, In Fact I heard one of you in the audience say the same thing..Forgive me...I stole one of your jokes.. Maybe you should have stolen some jokes too Karen, You might have gotten a laugh!" he said..

This was met by more laughter..


Karen gave him her middle finger...

She finally got some laughs...


"Hey look, I'm going to give you a break okay?  You've  obviously had a rough night...Just to show you there are no hard feelins Karen...I'm gonna buy you a drink that resembles your career.. Something ON THE ROCKS!" he blurted out..

This brought the house down.....People were falling out of their chairs laughing.

He left her alone after that and went into more funny monologues.....

Karen exited with her bottle. Stumbling towards the door...

Nelson saw her leave.., He felt a tinge of sympathy for her.


II-

Mouthy Malloy finished his set...He got a standing ovation!   

In the corridor..

An imposing , muscular Black man with a ponytail blocked his way..

"You got the money Yo?" he asked..

''Look.. I told you...I'll have it all soon...I got to work a few more big gigs.. Friday...Friday...I'll have half of it...I swear to god, half.." said a very frightened Mouthy Malloy.


''The man I work for says I should put your dentist in a new tax bracket...but I can wait...Friday yo! No excuses." said the man, who walked away..


Mouthy walked to his dressing room....

His wife was in his dressing room.

"Mark...Mark...I've been calling you and you haven't been answering my texts or phone calls . I want to move forward with our divorce.. It's been a year since I filed." she said.

"Look, I don't need this tonight...Okay?" he said.. "My lawyer will call your lawyer Friday and we'll work out a settlement okay?"

"Look...I need answers..." she said..


"NOT TONIGHT!! NOT TONIGHT OKAY?? DON'T BOTHER ME!" he bellowed..


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE!" she said, storming out!

He sighed and went into his dressing room..


He poured himself a glass of  ice water.



We all headed home...It was mostly a great night..Good Food , Good Wine and One Good Comedian out of two.



Our bedroom had new green tinted lights...


Olivia looked good in the green light...

''We had a nice night...Good food, the wine was superb and I even got a good laugh...I'm sure everybody else did too." she said.


"Well almost everybody...Karen Walker didn't get any laughs...Not honest laughs.." I said.

''I thought that was kind of cruel...He didn't have to pick on her like that...He was killing without including her into the act.. She really should stop this comedy thing...Why can't being a lawyer be enough?" said Olivia..

"My guess is...Her heart is in being an entertainer....She got into the law to have something to fall back on... Look at B.L. Benz.. the host of HARD BOTTOM!! Now who would guess that he's a licensed Attorney?" I said.


"I would... If you listen to him explain legal issues..He is very spot on...He's very knowledgable of the law and statutes, predicates and the like.. He just chooses to be a broadcaster...and unlike her, he is very good at what he does, interviewing people...getting them to talk.. I 'd love to see him in court during a trial. Yvette and I have had several conversations with him about law." said Olivia..


''Do Tell! " I said..


I kissed her butter soft lips and undressed.....



"Ummmmmmmmmmm..."I moaned ,kissing her and squeezing her butt....."I'm crazy about you.."I said.

"I'm crazy about you too!" she cooed..


I slipped her bra and panties off..

"Ouuuuuuu I like these.." I said.

"Beverly and Kayla thought you would....They were with me at Panty's Galore when I bought them." she whispered.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU'RE GOING TO SPLIT ME IN HALF...OUUUUUUU!" she screamed as I lifted her up and began long stroking her....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU hooooooo hooo hoooo hooooooooo..UMMMMMMMMMM YOU ARE 
ALL UP IN THIS! OH MY GODDDDDDDDD! WOUUUUUUUUUU!"
she yelled..


"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned slowly..... sitting her on the dresser and moving slowly in and out of her.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONNIE RAY!!" she moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OLIVIA!" I moaned...



"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OLIVIAAAAA!" I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBANDDDDDDD!" she cried out as I bent her over the bed...


She  eased herself on me and began to move up and down slowly....I didn't know if I was coming or going at this point, I felt so good...


"OUUUU DONNIE RAY, how do you keep all of this in your boxers, my goodness..???" she asked me as she rode me like a surfer rides the waves..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH I DON'T KNOWWWWW!" I moaned.

We made love passionately for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS! Not thinking about anything or anyone and having no idea what had transpired in town away from us..


Olivia lay exhausted on my chest and and I drifted off to sleep with my arms around her waist...


2:30 AM

"I can't believe it...I just saw this guy's Netflix Special, he was a damn riot." said one of the crime scene investigators...They were snapping photos of the crime scene and taking fingerprint and DNA evidence..

"Somebody did a number on his head..cause of death is Blunt force trauma..." said  Dr. Hazel Baylor..
Deputy  Coroner and Forensic Investigator.

"His skull has multiple fractures." said Hazel.



There was a Tequilla bottle with blood and Brain matter on it on the floor, it's contents spilled all over the floor.. The entire room smelling like tequilla.

"His name is Mark "Mouthy" Malloy , He was the featured comedian here...He was doing three shows here...Tonight was his last night." said Dr. Marcy Martin, Deputy Coroner..."Mannn, somebody really brained him with that Tequilla Bottle." she said.


Lt. Tragg walked in, flanked by six uniformed officers... He stared down at the corpse..

"Heyyyyyyyy that's Mouthy Malloy, the comedian... Wowwwww... I just saw his Netflix Special.. he's a riot..or rather he was a riot... What happened?"he asked.


''Somebody slipped in here an hour ago....and whacked him in the head with that Tequilla Bottle...
Cause of death , "Blunt force trauma to the head...We ascertain, he's been dead for an hour.."said Marcy,


"Guys get out into that room, I want to know everything that happened tonight and I want the entire staff interviewed...I need to see the tapes of tonight's performance..."said Lt. Tragg, kneeling down and staring at the body...

''What a waste...He was scheduled to appear at the Borgata in a few weeks and he had just signed a multi million dollar deal to do three  more stand up specials for Netflix and I heard he had a sitcom in the works, what a waste....Gone too damn soon."said Lt. Tragg.

"You sound like you were a fan." said Dr. Marcy Martin.



"Oh I was, I was...a big fan.....I loved this guy....I can't believe he's dead, cut down in the prime of his life. "said Lt. Tragg... "Okay...Get him out of here...and get me the autopsy report ASAP!" he said.

Hazel, who despised Lt. Tragg didn't say a word to him  .She looked at her staff..

"Okay guys, wrap him up.." she said.


The Body of Comedian Mouthy Malloy was put in a body bag, strapped to a gurney and  wheeled out of the Supper Club..


The Press was there... This was a big story, The Biggest story of the day...


And Lt. Tragg as usual was there for the photo op..

"Yes...it was a tragic thing.. Someone apparently snuck up behind him and brained him with a Tequilla Bottle..It looks like it was a crime of passion...He had over 50 large in a safe..and at least 10 large  on him..This was some hysterical woman more than likely...but don't worry I'll have the cold blooded brazen killer in custody soon!" he said.

''He talks too damn much." said Hazel
"I know...He shouldn't have said all of that... It makes our job that much harder...HIS TOO!" said Marcy.



watching as his body was loaded into an ambulance, headed for the morgue!


III-


The next morning..



Breakfast in our domicile.



Alfreda, Olivia and I were cooking..  We had a pot of hot coffee brewing, We had waffles , eggs to order, Bacon and Hash browns cooking..






Can you guess what the topic of discussion was at the table?

"Mouthy Malloy was murdered last night....or I should say early this morning." said Nelson..
"It's on the Television news...We saw it as we were getting dressed." said Beverly..
"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??" said an astonished Olivia...
"Was he shot?? stabbed?" asked an equally shocked Alfreda.

"The newspaper is saying he was smacked in the head with a tequilla bottle." said Josie..

"Oh My God!" said Bresha...




"I just checked my phone..They say an arrest has been made already... They're saying Police have arrested Karen Walker and charged her with the murder." I said..
''She was drinking heavily last night after her set and he was really giving it to her." said Josie.

''And she did purchase a big bottle of Tequilla and leave with it." said Bresha.


"We defended her years ago when she was charged with killing a heckler..That Heckler was worse than Mouthy Malloy... She can take it...She wouldn't have killed anyone.. I know her..She's no killer."said Nelson softly.

Beverly sat on his lap...

"I don't think she's a killer either." said Beverly...


She gave him  a wet sloppy kiss.


''I don't believe she's a killer either."said Olivia. 


''In All seriousness...I don't believe it either.. I was a para-legal and in law school the last time we defended her...Let's at least go and talk to her , Hear her side of the story." said Josie.


"Yeah ,let's go see her." said Bresha, softening up her stance from last night.


At the "Fishbowl" the nickname the detectives gave to their interrogation room, Karen Walker sat alone.


The room smelled better than it had the last time she was here a few years ago... Apparently the police mopped the floors with Pine Sol ,twice a week and replaced the waste baskets and sprayed the room with a disenfectant...It no longer smelled like under arm odor, sweaty socks and garbage..It was no longer smoulderingly hot...It was actually bearable.


Lt. Tragg walked in with a pen and a writing tablet.

"This is for your confession....I want you to write down everything that happened." he said as if it was a forgone conclusion she was guilty.


She laughed... "I didn't kill him" she said softly...


"Look, I saw the videotape of your performance... you really stunk up the joint..and then he came on and he really gave it to you.... He uh didn't have to do that, I admit..That was kicking somebody when they were down.. You're on tape, drinking from a huge bottle of Tequilla..and leaving... I suppose you were livid.. I know I would be..if I took a drubbing like that after bombing.. You walked back into his dressing room and you let him have it!!! Didn't you? Now just write down what happened."said Lt. Tragg.

"I didn't kill him...After I left the room , I never saw him again...I didn't take that bottle with me. I was drunk...Somebody else must have used it." said Karen.


"Come Onnnnnn, COME ON!!! Your fingerprints and DNA are all over the bottle. You're the only one who could have done it! I got you cold.."said Lt. Tragg.

''Apparently not, because I didn't do it!" said Karen softly..

''Karen...Don't say anything else." said Nelson.
''Exercise your right to remain silent." said Beverly.
"It's Friday and too late to arraign you today..but you hang tight..We'll have you before a Judge, Early Monday Morning." said Olivia.
"Trust no one, Believe No One.. Talk to no one about your case." I said.
"You know that girl.." said Josie sympathetically.
"Yeah." said Bresha.


Karen was in tears...

''Here we go again...I didn't know who to call..I didn't think you guys would defend me again, Thank you." said Karen.


"Of course they would.. It's a controversial case..Of course they would." snarled Lt. Tragg as he left the 
"Fishbowl"

''We could say the same thing about you." said Beverly. He heard her and he turned toward her


''You got something to say Missy?" he turned ,looking at Beverly...

Beverly, fearless little pitbull that she was, stared him down and repeated loudly what she had said.''We could say the same thing about you."she said..

"Bev, Bev...Come on bae, we got bigger fish to fry now, forget about him." said Nelson, standing between them...
"My Niece didn't lie.. If a case isn't controversial, you hang your hat on it and make it that way ..It buys you TV time...We are just doing our job..."said Olivia...

"Respectfully, can we have the room Lieutenant?" I asked diplomatically...


Lt. Tragg left the room...


"ASSHOLE!" said an angry and triggered Bresha.


Josie hugged her and rubbed her back...


''Well she is right about one thing...He is an asshole and he's scared..He tried to get me to sign a written confession,..That tells me he doesn't have enough."said Karen.

"That Tequilla Bottle is really incriminating, but we'll talk about that later.. Not in here." I said.

"You just stay strong....We got you girl...We'll see you on Monday Morning." said Olivia.


Karen was in tears...she hugged us all..

"Thank You...Thank You all soooo much." she said.

She was afraid too..More afraid than she was the last time , a few years ago.

We watched as she was handcuffed and walked to the elevator ,leading to her cell .....



Beverly put her arms around her husband, Nelson and her head on his shoulder as they walked out.





Olivia and I, Josie and Bresha filed out...



Lt. Tragg looked at us and sneered as we left.


IV-


Olivia sat in the office looking at her laptop..


She was looking up the stats of  our latest client, Karen Walker

KAREN DENISE WALKER

born in Philadelphia. PA.

Father , Retired Common Pleas Judge, Reese Walker.

Mother, Renee Jackson-Walker, Attorney , Senior Associate Attorney, Kessler and Roman LLC

Graduated from the Philadelphia High School for Girls.

B.A. Trial Advocacy/ Administration of Justice /Pre Law- Temple University

Took a year off to work at the Philadelphia School of Improv..

Was a regular at the Laugh Factory-Philadelphia

The Laugh House- Camden ,New Jersey.

J.D.- Princeton University School of Law

Passed the bar in New Jersey/Pennsylvania/ New York/Deleware

Law Clerk for her father, Judge Reese Walker.

Worked at the Public Defender's Office

Senior Associate Attorney, McCellan and Reynolds, Philadelphia

Managing Partner, The McCracken Group, Cherry Hill, New Jersey



"She seems to have always wanted to perform. she was  taken off the bill at the Laugh Factory and at the Laugh House after bombing consistantly ...That's why she went on to Law School and put being a Stand Up Comedian on the back burner." I said.


"Yeah...apparently show business was in her blood as they say..... She was two years ahead of my niece and little cousin at Girl's High...I remember when she was at the Public Defenders Office and she was your girlfriend Nelson, before you met Beverly... I never knew she was older than you." said Olivia.


"Yeah, by a year." admitted Nelson. They had a stormy tempestuous relationship then and soon broke up.  They tried to get back together a few years later, but it just didn't work out.

"You had an older woman huh?" joked Beverly, who is a year younger than Nelson.

"Yeah, I guess." said Nelson.


"She's a partner at her firm...A partner and it's not enough...She still wants to be a stand up Comedian?"exclaimed Josie.


"Successful Stand Ups make a lot...Mouthy Malone got paid 1.5 million a piece for those two Netflix Specials and he was making 200K a night just for being in that Supper Club and he was signed to do three more Netflix specials and had a sitcom offer on the table in L.A. worth Millions." said Bresha.


"And yet...his bank account read $125.31." I said.  He had 60 k on him , 10 large in his wallet and 50 large in a wall safe. I checked. but no other mother anywhere...Where is his money?" I asked.

"If he was making the kind of money Bree said he was...Then where is it?" asked Olivia.
''Pocket Account?  Account in the Cayman Islands or something?" asked Nelson.

"None that I could find...I'm still looking.His credit card is maxed out to the tune of 200 K. He was about to be put out of his house..He was 220K behind in his mortage...and his wife filed for divorce last year.....His original lawyer dropped out...Says he was owed 20K in payment.."I said.
"Wow!  I wonder if he gambles, plays the ponies...Is in hock to somebody."said Beverly
''Somebody has got to have paper on him.."said Josie.

''And his money has got to be somewhere.. I refuse to believe that the money found in his safe and his wallet and his bank account was all there was..His money has got to be somewhere."said Olivia.

"I'll keep digging...Maybe the killer used the opportunity to get him... Everybody saw him really giving it to Karen...She was drinking heavily...And she left with that bottle.....Now did she at some point put that bottle down and leave?   Giving an opportunistic killer adequate time to pick that bottle up and whack Mouthy Malone?? This is what we have to discover." I said.

''We've got our work cut out for us." said Olivia.




Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha stood around the table stoically.


Meanwhile at The County Lock Up...


Karen attempted to amuse the other female inmates..

She went into one of her long monologues that went nowhere...

She then attempted to do impressions...

Nothing!

"Are you sure you're a comedian?  You suck!" said a female inmate..

"Oh shut up, go to sleep." said another female inmate.



Until Monday Morning!

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: