Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Honey Baked

THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY  JILL JONES
The Bouquet of Beautiful Yellow Roses arrived just as Jill Jones was coming into the office.
"Ohhhhhhhhh it's beautiful." she said.

 "I was hoping you liked them." said Lt. Tragg, smiling sheepishly....

"Oh They're beautiful.... Would you like some coffee?" said Jill.
"Please" said Lt. Tragg, smiling sheepishly....His face nearly as red as a beet..


She poured two hot steaming cups of coffee for the both of them....


"I'm Lt. Arthur Tragg of Homicide...I'm the lead investigator on this case...We'll uh be working together." he said..

"Va Va Va VOOOOOOOOOOOOM" he said under his breath...She was a babe.

She looked up... She had other visitors... Attorneys Bresha Billips and Josie Boyd.

"Oh Hello ladies...I have what you need right here." she said. She passed Bresha the Autopsy Report and Josie the crime scene photos and official crime scene report.

"Sorry...I was at the Medical Examiner's Office yesterday and I took your copies too...I thought I had too much paper work." she said.
"That's okay...Thank you kindly for your co-operation." said Bresha.
"Yes thank you very much." said Josie...

They both left....

"Such nice young ladies." said Jill Jones.

"Those are Olivia's girls....Was it wise to give them the Autopsy Report and the Crime Scene report and photos?" asked Lt. Tragg.


She was astounded that he didn't understand that SHE HAD to share that information with the defense...

"That's Discovery....I have to share that information with the defense." she said. "That's the law." she exclaimed.


"Well I suppose you know your business." he said as they sipped their coffees...

''So uh was there something you wanted?" asked Jill..

"I know a nice quiet little restaurant that serves the thickest ,juiciest steaks and if you like cold beer, it has the coldest domestic and or international brews... I thought since we will be working together , we could have a little quiet conversation, some dinner and uh we could see where things go from there...What do you say?" asked Lt. Tragg quietly..
"Well, I just moved here and you're the first person to ask me out... I suppose I would like that... Here is my address...You could pick me up at 7:30...How is that?" she said, smiling.


"Great!  I'll see you at 7:00 ." said Lt. Tragg as he got up and walked out...




I had the SUV...I was on the road today..... Olivia and Bev and Nelson and Josie and Bresha were in court and in town running errands today.

In Sam Mother's Diner... Olivia and her niece Beverly sat at the counter having a quick lunch , they were waiting for Nelson to come from court on another court case...



They were having Ham Salad sandwiches and Ice Tea, which had just come up.... They debated on sitting at a table...but instead chose to stay at the counter.


''We can waive a preliminary hearing you know and go into a trial, but you do know why I'm not in favor of that don't you?" asked Olivia.
"One, a Preliminary hearing buys us time to finish our investigation and two a preliminary hearing let's us know what the prosecution may or may not have." said Beverly..

''Good Girl!!! I've taught you well." said a very happy Olivia..

Beverly smiled..

''When we get back...I'll get the girls together and we'll start doing the research...We kind of know what our basic strategy is going to be.." said Beverly.


"Donnie Ray got me the list of the jury pool and he has done partial breakdowns on all of them... So Nelson and I can begin to figure out what kind of juror we want and begin to put our argument together.
Hopefully Josie and Bree have the Autopsy report and the Crime Scene report and Crime Scene Photos."said Olivia.

''Uh Oh...heads up" said Beverly.


Lt. Tragg walked in....They knew they were taking a chance when they came in Sam Mother's to eat...but they were both famished after an unrelated court appointment this morning and so they stopped in to eat and talk.. Their conversation was essentially over..

They were at the counter and he couldn't help stand over them...

"Welllllllll girls...I'm surprised, You two in here this time of day...Haven't seen you two in weeks..


'' We had an unrelated court date we had to handle for another client..."said Olivia..




As she munched on her Ham Salad Sandwich...



''Sam, Egg salad sandwich." he said.

''Coming up Artie"said Sam Mother.



His sandwich came up....


Beverly winced... She didn't like the smell of his sandwich, but she remained surprisingly quiet..


Her Ham Salad sandwich arrived and she began munching on it..




.
Beverly's Husband, Nelson walked in...

"Heyyyyyyyyy ladies...." he said and noticed they were eating Ham Salad Sandwiches..

"Chicken Salad Sandwich Sam!  Thank you." he said, "Oh and a coffee." he added.

''Coming up Nelson." he said.


His sandwich and his coffee came up..



"We are going to meet Bree and Jo here and then we are leaving." said Olivia. 


"Okay, Cool! Donnie Ray has the car?" asked Nelson....

"Yeah, we are taking the train back." said Beverly...


"You guys know you have a loser case, you don't really expect to get this girl off do you? I mean we got you cold...Fingerprints, DNA on the murder weapon match your client.. How does she explain that away? Huh?? Somebody else did it?? Yeah right?? Who?? Everybody saw her buy the bottle and drink several shots and then leave with the bottle...Come onnnn what are you gonna do argue an insanity defense huh?" asked Lt. Tragg.

''What we are NOT going to do is argue our case in here....We will argue our case in court."said Olivia..


"Look, I just don't want to see you guys waste your time is all." said Lt. Tragg..


''What did my aunt just say? We aren't discussing this case in here... Now go away!" said Beverly, who was angry at him hanging around them to the point that they couldn't have free conversation.. She then saw Josie and Bresha come in..She turned her attention to them..

"Heyyy Guys...Everything go okay???" she asked.
"Yupper, we got the Crime Scene Report and Photos and the Autopsy Report." said Josie..

"Chicken salad sandwich Sam" she added.

"Coming up Josie." he said.
Her sandwich arrived.
"Ham Salad Sam! Piece of Cake Bev...The New ADA seems nice." said Bresha.

"Coming Up Bree." said Sam.

As her sandwich arrived.



"I was there when your two girls arrived and picked up those reports from the D.A.'s office...What do you need with that? It all leads to the same conclusion, that your client, Karen Walker, failed comedian is the murderer." he said.

No one said a word...


Olivia motioned to every one to put their money away...She passed Sam her corporate card and paid for all five meals as they all finished up...


"So you're going back to your place to try and put together a desperate case eh?" said Lt. Tragg... No one said a word..

"The silent treatment eh?" he asked.





Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha all got up and filed out without uttering another word.

"You have them well trained Liv... They don't speak unless you tell them to...but I'm telling you, you guys are wasting your time.." said Lt. Tragg.
"Bye Sam!" said Olivia.


''Bye Liv." he said.. He looked at Lt. Tragg...

''Don't you get tired of being a pain in the ass?" he asked.


''What can I say Sam?  It's a gift!" remarked Lt. Tragg,laughing.


II-


I found the apartment complexes where the widow of Mouthy Malloy, Miranda Malloy was living..


She welcomed me in...


She was a shapely and beautiful woman with blonde hair...The kind of woman, Lt. Tragg would love.


I sat down...

"You know, I was just starting to look for you when you called our office.. It's not everyday that the widow of the murder victim calls the defense attorneys of the woman accused of murdering him." I said.


''Well I wanted to clear the air...I thought the police would've asked more.. They came by once.. A couple of uniformed guys...Asked me some routine questions and left...That was it." she said.

"I know you took an Uber at 12:30 and he took you here and you were here until the next morning when you were told that your husband was dead.... I know your home, your former home that you shared with your husband was about to be foreclosed... Suddenly a few days ago, the 250large in back morgtage was paid off and the house that now belongs to you is for sale..  I know that the Gambler he owed 50K to was suddenly paid off....So I'm guessing that was you wasn't it?" I said.


"Ouu you're good.... My husband was lousy with money...He played the horses, He gambled and owed money to people in Atlantic City and Philadelphia.. I paid his debts off a few days before he died..I took care of our household bills so I could put the house on the market.. He made 1.5 million on both of his Netflix Specials...I held on to that money... close to 3 million dollars. I put it in a Pocket account in my name...That was Rainy Day money...I used it to keep the house from being foreclosed and to pay off his gambling debts here and in Atlantic City....The man I paid off looked like somebody had beat the snot out of him..." she said.

"That would be Donovan ...he and I had a major misunderstanding...but I uh think he got my message..We worked it out." I said and smiled. He was paid $250.00 large for those three performances at the Supper Club...What happened to that money?" I asked.

"I don't have that money....You need to talk to his accountant, Andre Terrell and his Manager, Fritz Tolliver.  Also...He was paid 2.5 million up front to do two Netflix Specials...He never saw a penny of that and was trying to get a meet with them right before he died to find out what happened to that money. He confided in me that one or both of them was stealing from him." she said.

"He trusted you....but you were divorcing him?" I asked.

"I had gone as far as I could go with Mark....His drinking, his gambling, always owing somebody money, lying about paying bills...He was like a child...It wore me down...I had to get away, but I tried to protect him to the very end... I didn't kill him Mr. Donnie Ray...I had no reason to." she said.

"I believe you Miranda." I said as I got up and left..."Take Care of yourself." I said.

''And you as well Mr. Donnie Ray." said Miranda Malloy.

Andre Terrell, his accountant and Fritz Tolliver,
his manager were next on my list...but not today...I was tired...I was going home.


We were having dinner tonight at our home..


At Home, Alfreda and Rockland were staying over tonight... She closed the office early since we weren't there. She had started dinner before everyone got back....She had called our client, Karen and had told her to come over for a home cooked meal.

"It's almost ready Liv,..." said Alfreda.

She had a Honey Baked Ham in the oven...Alfreda was an excellent cook....

Olivia and Beverly arrived in time to help with the rest of the meal...

"Ouuuu it is... Come on Neicey Poo, let's get started." said Olivia.
"Okay Auntay." said Beverly.




They made Candied Yams and Turnip Greens...




Bresha fixed Hot Biscuits 





Josie baked a Sweet Potato Pie..with merengue...

In the living room...

Our client, Karen was over for dinner... She began telling another one of her monologue's that went nowhere concerning the Honey Baked Ham that was being cooked.

Tony, Paris, Nelson and Rockland groaned....They were trying not to hurt her feelings, but her jokes were just not funny...Not at all.

"Goddd, hurry up with the meal, this is brutal." whispered Tony to Paris.
"I know right?" whispered Paris.
Nelson held his head down...  Karen was launching into her entire act from the night of the murder..
"You guys should have let me win that case, put her away and saved us from this ."joked ADA Rockland Cambridge,
I saved the day... I turned Alexa on when I got home... It was programmed to play a combonation of Smooth Jazz and Hip Hop....


The meal was almost ready when our final two guests arrived..

"Heyyyy everybody!" said Cousin Kayla
'What's going on.?" said her husband Ray.

Kayla and Ray arrived with wine..





We didn't know it, but it was good that Karen was with us... Good for her.

III-



At a small condo in Olde City


"One bullet to the chest...." said one of the crime scene investigators...

"Death was instantaneous....I'm thinking he died about 45 minutes ago." said Dr. Hazel Baylor, leaning down, taking temperature..

''According to his wallet, his name is Andre Terrell , he's an accountant....He was the accountant for comedian, Mouthy Malloy...." said Dr. Marcy Martin...

"Interesting." said Hazel..

Lt. Tragg and new ADA Jill Scott walked in... Heads turned.

''We were on our way to dinner when I got the call...What's going on here?" asked Lt. Tragg.
The new Assistant D.A. just smiled and observed..

"This is Accountant Andre Terrell...He was comedian Mouthy Malloy's accountant...He was murdered 
about 45 minutes ago. Still think you have the right suspect? This looks a lot deeper to me." said Dr. Hazel Baylor.


''Still trying to be a detective Hazel?  I'M THE DETECTIVE HERE!! REMEMBER THAT!" snarled Lt. Tragg.

''Did you question him? Did you talk to his wife??asked Hazel.

''Well Did you? I'd would like to hear from Malloy's wife.. Malloy's manager too!" said ADA Jill Jones.


"I interviewed the wife , she had an alibi....I was not interested in his manager and it's quite obvious the accountant can't help us now... We caught the right suspect....and if she's responsible for this....She's going back to jail tonight." said Lt. Tragg..


"She didn't do this....Come on, she's already under indictment for one murder.." said Hazel...


"HAZEL IF I HAVE SAID IT ONCE, I HAVE SAID IT ONE MILLION TIMES, I AM THE DETECTIVE HERE, NOT YOU.....NOW WRAP HIM UP AND GET HIM OUT OF HERE AND GET THAT AUTOPSY REPORT ON MY DESK ASAP!!!" he bellowed.


Hazel stared daggers at him....Her hatred for him ran deep...She couldn't hide it!


Marcia trying to break the tension said-

" Alright guys, wrap him up and get him out of here." she said.


They put him in a body bag and strapped him to the gurney and wheeled him out...


Lt. Tragg and ADA Jill Jones drove to Karen Walker's home in Olde City.also .. She wasn't there.


"She's still wearing that ankle bracelet...I can trace her....Come on!" he said.


They pulled off...

ADA Jill Jones was getting hungry, but she was surprisingly enjoying the ride and the chase..



Unfortunately, they wound up at our Office /Duplex and unfortunately had to come upstairs to our domicile, where we were all eating dinner..

The Honey Baked Ham
Candied Yams
Turnip Greens
Hot Biscuits

and Sweet Potato pie with Merengue..

They saw all of the food and saw all of us...we were seated at the table in the middle of our meal.

"I'm sorry Lieutenant, but Karen has been here all afternoon.." I said.
''We have all of these witnesses here to attest to that..."said Olivia.
"She has violated no law...She has a right to visit with her attorneys." said Nelson.
"Can we have a meal anywhere without having to see him?" asked Beverly...
"I know right?" laughed Paris.
"Damn this is getting to be too much." said Josie.
"I know right?" said Bresha.
"Ignore him bae.. He aint gonna be here long."said her husband ,Tony.
"I sure wish he didn't know where we live." said Kayla.
''Well, he hasn't found out where we work yet." said Ray.
"That must be nice." said Karen.
''Girrrrrl you just don't know." said Alfreda.
''She was here...You can't throw another murder on her..and you can check the milage on the Ankle Bracelet...It'll tell you everywhere she's been."said ADA Rockland Cambridge..


"I'm satisfied that Karen was here and not guilty of Andre Terrell's murder." said ADA Jill Jones.
Olivia you have a beautiful home...And that food smells delicious..We'll be going now. Enjoy your meal."said ADA Jones.


They left and got into the unmarked police car and pulled off..

They pulled off in his unmarked police car... Three of the four hub caps came off as the car roared down the street... The car had to stop and He had to get out and chase the hub caps down, and get back in the car with them, before the car took off again..This time, the fourth hubcap came off...He  had to run and chase that one.. He was very embarrassed.

 

IV-
They wound up at Curleys Bar...



As promised they went to Curleys and  had two of the thickest, Juiciest New York Strip Steaks and a Baked Potato and cold cold beer...Six to seven cold cold beers..


"Lieutenant This food was delish...Seeing all that food at Olivia and Beverly's house made me hungrier."said ADA Jill Jones.


"Yeah, they were having quite a wing ding..Honey Baked Ham....I love it...It smelled good." said Lt. Tragg..


"The Tension was as thick as a knife in there...I got the impression that uh they don't like you too much!" said ADA Jill Jones ..


"Really?" he said... He knew that most of the people in that room despised him, but he played it off!

"Yeah and that Black Coroner, She hates your guts...I'm pretty sure." said Jill.

"Her husband is one of my detectives...SHE THINKS SHE'S NANCY DREW!"  laughed Lt. Tragg, besides the important thing...the important thing is that you like me.."He said.  He had been rubbing her legs most of the night and had his hands far up her skirt..farther than she usually allowed.. He gently yanked on the waistband of her panties..She giggled, but she was actually appalled at how he had taken liberties like that with her and barely knew her..


"You've had your hands up my dress and in my panties half the night and I haven't slapped you...I suppose I do like you a little." she said.
"Just a little?" he asked.
"Yeah, just  a little" she joked.
They kissed passionately for the next HALF HOUR!



Sometime later in her apartment complex...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Lieutenant! " she moaned as they kissed passionately....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he cried out..
He helped her out of her dress 

and her panties..

He bent her over the sink....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!" she moaned. She was having an intense orgasm already! Her body trembling/



"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.. She hadn't had sex within a year...This was a release she felt she needed.


They went in her bedroom and made sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS.

She admired his stamina.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!" she moaned. She was having another intense orgasm! Her body trembling...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WEEEEEEEE!" he screamed out, cumming so hard, he felt as if he was going to die..

It was near daybreak and she was still kissing him passionately...

She began riding him slowly...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned. This broad was a machine, did she ever get enough? He wondered..


They made love for another THREE HOURS!! He came and came hard again... Her body was trembling something crazy...

He showered and got dressed.. He was calling out today...She called out too!


She was at the door in just her panties..

"Thank you for last night Arthur..."


"Anytime baby!" he said..

"ANYTIME?" she asked and felt his crotch...He was still hard..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU've GOT  A NICE BONER!" she said..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he moaned.


They started kissing...

"Ouu, you're still hard....you're a nasty boyyyyyy!" she giggled.

"YES I AMMMMMMMM!" he laughed.

Within minutes. his clothes were off..


and they were on her living room floor making love..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he yelled out...


Morning!


Olivia allowed everyone to come in late this morning.. 10:00 am.


We sat around the conference room table with fresh fruit and water....



Orange Juice and Coffee,,


''That extra sleep was good Liv.. Paris was soo mad he had to get up and go to work and I was still there asleep."laughed Josie.

"Tony was mad too!  He tried to get some.."whispered Bresha.

''Did you give him some?" asked Beverly..

Bresha blushed  and then said.. "Yes"

All three women laughed.

"I know someone who went to work happy."laughed Beverly...


"Sho Nuff!" laughed Josie.


Karen had stayed with her and Nelson in the extra bedroom that used to be Josie's room.. It was kind of awkward, her being Nelson's ex...




Even with their door closed...There was the chance, she heard them making love last night. They had to finally pretend to be sleepy and go into their room and close the door. Karen tried to go into her entire comedy routine for them after they left the dinner last night.


Unknown to everyone else at the dinner.. She and her aunt had drawn straws and flipped a coin as to who Karen was going to stay with last night. Beverly lost!


Alfreda poured them all more coffee..


"I have to find that accountants books.. I hope I can get to them before the uh great detective." I said.

"If I know right...He hasn't even thought to check his office...The man just got murdered.." said Nelson.

"I hope not.. I need to find out where the rest of that money is.. It might lead me to the killer." I said.

"Oldest motive in the world to kill... The money!" said Olivia.


"That reminds me of a funny story I heard." said Karen..



"Uhhhhh some other time Karen!" said Olivia, before she got started.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: