Tuesday, December 6, 2022

And Wednesday Is History


 The "Fishbowl", the nickname the detectives gave their interrogation room smelled like hell.. A combonation of under arm odor, bad breath, and hot garbage....Not to mention the room needed ventilation...It was hot.. Sitting in here for close to EIGHT HOURS was torture in itself.
Lt. Tragg walked in...With a fresh suit... perfectly trimmed hair.. Manicured nails and a fresh cologne..

He smiled a sadistic smile.

''Why'd you do it?  Why did you kill that girl? Was it because she threatened to go back to her husband..and kill the deal you had put together.??" he asked.


"You know...if you ever quit police work...you have a career in writing....FICTION!" sneered Eric Montipilar.

''We know you were banging her,,,We found a pair of her panties and her bra in your apartment..and the neighbor told us..she was a frequent visitor....Actually I'm doing you a favor by keeping you here.. Her husband wants to kill you.."laughed Lt. Tragg.


"I'm done talkin to you..." said Eric Montipilar...and true to his word he didn't say another word.



"The silent treatment eh?  Well we've got you cold... I know you did this and I've got forensic evidence that puts you at the scene and a witness..." said Lt. Tragg.



"This interview is over...Can I please talk to my client?" asked Ms. Yvette.



"WHYYYYY AM I NOT SURPRISED!  You guys were with him yesterday and you're here today huh Vettie?  where is the rest of your team?" asked Lt. Tragg.


"They're not here, but you'll see them soon enough...Now, can I please have the room to talk to my client? I did say please." said Yvette.

Lt. Tragg smirked, but he relented and left the room, closing the door..


""Oh My God!  It smells horrible in here." said Yvette.


"Yvette, they are trying to say I strangled Brittany....I didn't...I -I couldn't... I-I loved her..." said Eric.

"You and her?? I thought so...No wonder that Litigation went so smooth....Alright don't say anything else...and I mean nothing else....We are going to get you arraigned sometime today if at all possible..
You don't have to answer anymore of Lt. Tragg's questions...I'm leaving now...You hang tight.. Ouuuuu
the smell in here is deplorable..." said Yvette.

"Thank you Yvette....Thank You!" said Eric, obviously shaken and distraught.


Yvette exited the room...She was holding her nose...It was unbearable in there...


Lt. Tragg was getting ready to say something to her....when his phone rang...


" Good Morning My esteemed Deputy of Operations. What is that sir?  You got a phone call..from who?An Attorney named Dabnis Coley?? Yes I know who he is.. He sued the city on behalf of Judge Percy Reynolds when I  busted him two years ago..what about him? He said WHAT?  How would he know? He hasn't been here lately....Yes sir.. Yes sir sirrrrrr....I'll have some men on it right away sirrrrr,No sir...I'll personally supervise it myself sirrrrrrrrr!" he said and hung up. He was Livid!


Police handcuffed Eric Montipilar and hustled him to the holding cell upstairs...It was a relief to get out of that horrible smelling room...

Uniformed Policemen cleared the table and chairs out of the room...Even they winced at the putrid smell.

They scrubbed the table with Comet Cleanser, they swept and mopped the floor, using Pine Sol and they ran fans to air the room out.. They emptied the trash baskets and put new plastic bags in...and put air freshners on the wall...


"When I see that Dabnis Coley...I'm gonna deck his ass...Calling the Deputy of Operations on me...Ouuuuuuuuuuu!" said an Angry Lt. Tragg.


COURTROOM A- THREE HOURS LATER!



Attorney Dabnis Coley was waiting for Yvette when she arrived in court...

"I got your text...I made the call to the Deputy of Operations. It was probably too late for you and your client." he said.

"That's Okay...Somebody else's stay there will be a little better.. and you got a chance to needle Lt. Tragg." said Yvette smiling..

"Good Morning Ms. Yvette, me and Kahlil found 10 charactor witnesses." I said.
"|And we prepped em as best we could on such short notice." said Kahlil.
"I have copies of the Autopsy...It's tenative and Copies of the Crime Scene photos.. I went by the crime scene, but the cops have it sealed off..From what I was able to see..It's a very clean crime scene.. They have one witness..An Elmer Stewart...He lives next door to Eric...He works for the Securities Exchange Commission...or he did.. He's retired...The police found a pair of her panties and a bra in Eric's apartment..with both her and his DNA on them...but not much more than  that." said Jade.
"See? I told you they were doing the Hibbity Bibbity..." said Bee Bee laughing...

"Anyway...we found a judge Ms. Yvette." said Sofia.
\
"A Good Judge." laughed Bee Bee.

"GREAT! Sorry I had to call your homes so early this morning...He called me at 3:30 this morning.."said Ms. Yvette.

"3:30? Wow...I would have hated to have gotten that call." I said.
Bee Bee snuggled up against me...

"So would I." she giggled, thinking of what we were doing at that time of morning.
.
Our bed was squeaking out of control....our headboard was rattling..




"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND...UMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEE BEE...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" I groaned as I came so hard, I thought I was dying and her body trembled.....

We had just finished making sweet love...


We began a post coital sleep...

"We might not have heard the call huh Papi?" laughed Sofia..
"Oh My God!" thought Kahlil...







Thinking about what they were doing at 3:30 this morning....still stting on the side of their bed, kissing and making sweet love... Sofia riding Kahlil slowly, driving him out of his mind..

"Aye Papi." she moaned in Spanish...

"MAMASITA!"he groaned.


"Believe me....I didn't want to take that call either..." sighed Yvette.



II-

COURTROOM A-


The Judge was Brenda Jennings... Ms. Yvette knew her...

"Oh My God... Brenda Jennings....She was one of my professors in law school."gushed Ms. Yvette.

"She lectured us in law school too!, that's how we know her!" said Bee Bee.
''She wasn't a judge then, just a highly successful lawyer who lectures, like you and Ms. Olivia do sometimes!" I said.
''Apparently she's been a judge for awhile now." said Kahlil.
"I always loved her." said Sofia.

"I feel much better about this case." said Ms. Yvette.
"I wonder who the ADA is on this case.?" asked Ms. Jade.

THAT QUESTION WAS ABOUT TO ANSWERED!

A beautiful Asian woman walked into the courtroom..

She was Assistant District Attorney , Wednesday Chang..


"It's Wednesday." I said.


"No, it's Tuesday.."said Ms. Yvette..

''No, That's Wednesday Chang....She was in Law School with us."said Sofia.

"I had several classes with her in Law school." said Bee Bee.

''When we took the bar..remember I got separated from you guys because they put us all in Alphabetical order...I was seated right next to her." said Kahlil.

"I wondered what happened to her...She was trying to get her citizenship, I recall...."said Sofia.

"I heard she got it."  I said.
''So you guys have some history." said Ms. Yvette.
"Not really...We knew her..but she didn't really socialize with anybody...She was kind of a loner.."said Bee Bee.



"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" thought Lt. Tragg to himself, looking at the new ADA...





and back at our office

Virginia and her new husband, Jetty were kissing passionately in the office...
"Okay, Okayyyy Jetty, let me go....I'm at work....You can't be up in here kissing on me like this." said Alfreda, easing out of his embrace..

"Ummmmmmmmmmm yes I can, Yvette and the gang are in court.....It's just me and you...Ummmmm/" he moaned..

"We do have clients from time to time" said Virginia ,finally easing out of his embrace... She took her napkin and wiped her lipstick off of his lapel...
Ms. Yvette's husband, Gary Lockwood walked into the office..

"Heyyyy Newlyweds...My wifey around?" he asked.

"Heyyyy Neighbor!" said Jetty...

"Oh I'm sorry Gary, they're all in court this morning...An Arraignment.."said Virginia.

"Ohhhh yeah, that was the reason for that call we got at 3:30 this morning." said Gary.

"3:30 AM?? I'm sure glad we didn't get the call..Heh heh Heh"laughed Jetty..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU NASTY DOGGGG! OUUUUUUUUU!" MOANED MS. VIRGINIA. staring out the window at the streets as Jetty plowed into her doggy style....
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GIRRRRLLL!" he moaned... with them back in the bed, missionary style, kissing and slobbering over each other...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS JETTTY OUUU!" she moaned in pleasure...

Thinking about what he and Virginia was doing at the time..

"Oh Jetty, hush up!" said Virginia, blushing and laughing.


"Yeah , he messed our groove up too! I wish to hell Lt. Tragg would arrest the wrong man during the daytime.." said Gary...

"I know that's right.." laughed Jetty


Virginia and Gary laughed...


III-


 The arraignment arguments began...

"Your honor , the defendent, Businessman, Eric Montipilar is being charged with the First Degree Murder of his lover, the very married Brittany Miller..Due to the seriousness of this crime and the fact that Mr. Montipilar has enormous wealth...We consider him a flight risk.. I ask that he be held without bail.." said ADA Wednesday Chang...


"We are running on the concept , the presumption of innocence... While there is no argument or doubt about my client's wealth...He has no intention of fleeing.. He very much wants his day in court to fight these egregious charges and to clear his good name.. He is a businessman with close ties to the community..All we ask is for a fair bail.." said Ms. Yvette.



Kahlil and I presented 5 witnesses a piece who testified to Eric's general good charactor... 10 charactor witnesses..




Sofia and Bee Bee stayed close to their laptops...They continuously looked up information we would need..
  
We anticipated our charactor witnesses being grilled on a cross examination.. We had vowed never to be caught off guard again!

Eric Montipilar, who was not an attorney watched us with awe...


ADA Wendnesday Chang was good and like Natalie Tennison before her, she went hard on our charactor witnesses...

We had prepped them well..



Ms. Yvette, and I and Kahlil were ready with objections based on like cases, legality and predicates..

The Judge was impressed with her former students...She set bail at $100K....



"That's okay...I can pay it." said  Eric Montipilar...Which was good ,because we couldn't...


We had brought a Bail Bondsman, but we didn't need him.

Lt. Tragg was furious..

"They actually got this guy bail...I don't believe it...These Judges are too liberal, too lenient." he snarled.
''She lectured me in law school, She is a very good jurist.. I need you to get me copies of the Autopsy Report and Crime Scene Photos and while you're at it..Go back over that crime scene and see if you can turn up any other witnesses." said Wednesday Chang.


Lt. Tragg didn't like being told what to do by a woman and especially when it involved his police work..

In the Hallway...Judge Jennings smiled.

"Oh My God... The courtroom was filled with all of my former students... I am sooo proud of all of you... Yvette, I've kept up with you.. You made Partner, got your own staff...All four of these guys are my former students... "said Judge Jennings, smiling at us..

"They're the apples of my eyes."said Yvette gushing like a proud mother.
"I remember all of your lectues mam!" I said.
''So do I.. You used to say to me. "Beatrice, seperate your emotions from the situation and look at the facts." said Bee Bee.
"And you told me. Enunciate as close to perfect as you can't.. You can not help your accent and YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ASHAMED OF IT..As long as they know what you mean. YOUR ACCENT IS WHO YOU ARE!"said Sofia.
"You told me to keep improving and elevating myself ,right before I graduated.. I never forgot."said Kahlil.
'Pleased to meet you, You've obviously have made an impression, a great impression on my co-workers."said Jade.

''Why Thank You. All of you were good students...Do you ever hear from your room-mate-Olivia Bennett??...I heard she started her own law practice.."said Judge Jennings.
"Yes...It's Olivia Bennett-Alexander now..She, like me is married! We all live across the street from her and her practice.. She has an Office/ Duplex and She and her husband, who is her investigator and her niece ,Beverly and her husband, one of Olivia's attorneys all live in the two upstairs apartments... In fact...Here  she is now." said Yvette.

Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her crew were coming out of one of the courtrooms..
"Oh My God, Is that Mrs. Jennings???....Oh My God, Judge Jennings...How are you???...We just wrapped up a case...This is my husband, Donnie Ray Alexander, our investigator and you know my niece ,Beverly.


"Yes, I remember Beverly and her cousin Kayla


..How is she doing?" asked Judge Jennings.
"She lives right across the street from us..She's a very successful Attorney too..." said Donnie Ray.
"Oh Myy, you all live in the same neighborhood...That's good...I like all of my people together." said the Judge.
"Mrs. Jennings, I mean Judge Jennings..This is my husband, Attorney Nelson East..."
"Pleased to meet you mam." said Nelson..
"Our Associate Attorney , Josie Boyd." 

"Pleased to meet you mam."said Josie.
And Associate Attorney, Bresha Billips." said Beverly.

"Pleased to meet you mam." said Bresha.

''Well since you are trying a case in my court...It's really not good for me to be seen socializing with you all, but after this trial is over...I seriously want to meet with all of you guys..Go out to eat and catch up.."said Judge Jennings.
"Okay, I look forward to that." said Yvette, who turned to Eric.."Come on we are going back to our building to eat and to get acclimated with this case."said Yvette.
"Good because I am starving."said Eric.

Dabnis was getting ready to leave with us when Lt. Tragg grabbed him..

"HEY YOU...WHAT IS THE IDEA OF CALLING THE DEPUTY OF OPERATIONS ABOUT THE "DEPLORABLE SMELL AND CONDITIONS OF MY INTERROGATION ROOM? YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN ABOUT A YEAR...HOW DID YOU KNOW?" snarled Lt. Tragg.


"I've heard enough complaints...so I thought I'd say something. Take your hands off of me."replied Dabnis.


"YOU KNOW I OWE YOU A GOOD ASS KICKING FROM A LONG TIME AGO AND YOU HAVE MANAGED TO ALLUDE ME!" snarled Lt. Tragg.



"I'm Not Todd Dellums. I can fight...and if you hit me..You think the city had a big lawsuit before..Buddy you aint seen nothin yet..ouuuuuuuuuuuuf!" moaned Dabnis..He had been hit in the stomach!!!

Lt. Tragg hit him in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him and then punched him in the jaw!..

"I'M TIRED OF YOUR MOUTH!!! I TOLD YOU I OWED YOU THIS!" said Lt. Tragg, slapping his face and knocking his glasses off...
The fight that had been spoiling between them for years broke out.. Dabnis blocked his next two punches. and hit him with 17 lefts and 17 rights in his face, sending him spinning around like a top..
He then hit him with 6 more lefts and 6 more rights...blocking another haymaker and delivering a right cross that sent him crashing into a wall....He slid down to the floor.  He managed to get to his feet quickly..He was stunned!


"OUUUUUU...OUUUUUUUUU ...OUUUUUUUUF" he moaned..

Lt. Tragg swung two haymakers which missed completely...Dabnis landed 5 lefts and 5 rights into his body causing him to fold over in pain and fall to the ground again...He struggled and got to his feet quickly...He was in a rage...


Dabnis hit him with 17 more lefts and 17 more rights to his face which sent the helpless Lt. Tragg crashing into two trash cans knocking them over  and falling onto the floor.. He attempted to stand up, but stumbled like a drunk man and crashed to the floor..Out for the  count!

The crowd of onlookers gasped....Several people laughed.. Just as soon as the fight began, it was over...

"DAYUMMMMMMMMM!" said Kahlil..
"I thought Ray gave him a beating..but damn! " I said..
"I thought Jetty Dukes gave him a beating, but not like this."said Nelson.



"He needed that beat down!  Asshole.. Just what he deserved. He got what all bullies get when they face somebody who is not afraid of him!" said Eric.

Sofia, Bee Bee, Beverly,Josie, Bresha and Ms. Jade were laughing hysterically.

"Aye Mios Dios."laughed Sofia. Tears were streaming from her face...
"No Question about who won that fight."said Bee Bee, also laughing so hard, she was crying..
"That's what he gets...Always threatening somebody..He's been threatening Dabnis for years...Dabnis always told him that he really didn't want to go there with him."said Beverly.
"I know..Remember that time he called him out in Sam Mothers?  Dabnis was never afraid of him..I see why." said Josie.
"Good for him..He had that coming."said Bresha.

"You alright Dabnis? Are you going to sue the city?" asked Jade, passing him his glasses.
"Nah!  I just wanted to make a point to him...I was sick of him always threatening me..I told him I wasn't what he wanted.. Now he knows." said Dabnis.

Dabnis didn't have a scratch on him.. His suit was a little wrinkled but that was it.

Donnie Ray, Olivia and Yvette revived Lt. Tragg and helped him to his feet..

"Come on, On your feet." said Donnie Ray..
"You've got to stop all of this fighting.." said Olivia.
"Yes... This is the second fight you've been in, in two weeks."said Ms. Yvette.



Lt. Tragg got to his feet. He staggered...

Lt. Tragg's perfect hair was all over the place, his shirt was out of his pants...his tie was loose, his suit jacket was torn... Both of his eyes were nearly swollen shut and blackened.. His nose was bleeding and his lip was swollen...His cheek was discolored.. He looked a mess.

"I'm Fine, I'm just fine..I know how to handle myself.. Just leave me be." he snarled and stumbled out of the courthouse as onlookers looked on!

"Not even a thank you...Next time let's leave him on the ground."said Olivia.
"Let's get out of here..."said Yvette.


We all got on the train and headed towards our building.



IV-


We all headed back to our building.


It was time for Lunch.

"Hey Guys..Guess you all know about the battle royale at the courtroom today." I said.
"It didn't last long...It was over real quick!"laughed Bee Bee.
"As a result..We are all laying low for a few days..No visits to Curley's or Sam Mother's "said Sofia.
''Shame one man has us all on lock like this."said Kahlil.
"I know right? To Hell with him...He'd better not show his face on our block this afternoon either."said Beverly.


"He does and he's going to find himself in jail."said Nelson.



Josie's husband, Paris knew she was going to be in court , and he met her here for Lunch.


Bresha's husband, Tony was glad to see her...He plopped her on his lap and  squeezed her tight.






Me, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Beverly, Nelson , Josie, Bresha and Jade all filmed Dabnis's fight with Lt. Tragg on our phones and sent it to our friends back at the building...So that when we all arrived at lunch, They all had seen it...

"Give me a pound man...He had that coming...It was all I could do to hold my tongue and my temper the last time we were in Curley's said Ray, 
"I know man, Me too...He's good at bullying women...He won't bully me anymore, that's for sure."said Dabnis.
"Oh My God! I knew  you going to court was going to run into him...I should've gone with you."said Dabnis's wife, Jazzy.
"Baby,I'm fine.. You should see him..."laughed Dabnis.
''Well Jazzy, you and me better avoid Sam Mother's Diner and Curley's for awhile.. Both of our husbands have dusted Lt. Tragg."said Kayla.
"Todd Dellums just dusted him up a few weeks ago." said Jessica.
"He's got to stop all this fighting.. It doesn't look good , him getting beat up so much." said Chip...

We all burst into loud laughing as we got in line to get our food.

"This is a great building you're in Yvette Love..." said Eric.
"It is.. After we finish here...We are going upstairs  to our office and flesh out your case." said Yvette.
"I'm over here today, because I'm working for Karen Page...I came to surprise you."said her husband, Gary..


''Awww I was surprised..." said Yvette..

Kissing him passionately..





''What a day it's been."sighed Virginia.
"I was  Here today to see Karen about being a Judge in a Future Wrongful Conviction Case."said Jetty.
"Yeah We have a Wrongful Conviction Case coming up in January with your group Vettie." said Olivia.

"Never a dull moment old friend."laughed Yvette.

"The life you all chose."laughed Donnie Ray..
"You can say that again."laughed Karen Page.


"I didn't kill her Yvette., I swear...I loved her...I did!" said Eric Montipilar.


"I never thought for a minute that you did." said Ms. Yvette to Eric.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


1 comment:

Toni said...

Another Lt. Tragg Beatdown!