Thursday, December 22, 2022

The Stinger

The next morning
I was in my office, looking over invoices and paperwork for my signature that had to do with Morris Communications.
I looked up and a very attractive Black woman was standing in front of me.. It was Robert Fletcher's wife, Attorney Alexis Fletcher.
"This is an actual busines...I thought it was a front all this time...You run this Communications  complex?? where is your detective agency?? All I saw was a website and a phone number and an email address." she said.
The location of my actual agency is a secret...only those who need to know, Know. But I do have a fully staffed office with Administrative Assistants and Operatives who work for me.." I said. 'what brings you here Mrs. Fletcher.?" I asked.
"I'm in trouble....I believe my life may be in danger.. I need your protection.. For your protection I'll fill in all of the missing pieces." she said. 'Will you protect me and my husband?" she asked.


"Okayyyyy, what missing pieces are you trying to fill in?" I asked.




"David Haversham engineered that entire fiasco at the hotel.... He hired  Harvey Boorman and Harry Pierpont III.... Boorman came from Germany...He paid for his transportation here and back and he put him up in a nice apartment...He gave him the schedules of all of the Scuba Divers and when they'd be working. He paid for the bomb making materials...He used a credit card on a bogus Caymen Islands account. He gave Harvey Pierpont the combonation to the safe and the codes to the silent alarm." she said.



''We already suspected that and we are watching him closely...My question is... HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS AND WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS?" I asked.

"I  -I- I'm not proud of this... I was having a problem in my marriage...I was sleeping with Haversham.. I was privy to a lot of his conversations with both men... I wasn't involved...but I heard and saw a lot and he knows that.. I told my husband everything last night and he forgave me...I'm surprised he did, but he did.."


"You're a beautiful woman Alexis...I wouldn't give you up easily either." I said.

"Thank you....Last night he threatened me...in a bar.. He ordered me to come back to his Hotel Suite...He said if I didn't he'd send a video of me and him making love to my husband...He hasn't yet..but I feel he'll go further, he'll have me killed...He said I was a loose end and he told me to "think about what happens to loose ends in his life." she said.


"Okay...Call your husband, Tell Him to pack an overnight bag, enough clothing to hold you for weeks...let me make a call... I'm going to take you both to the safest place I know.." I said.



My operatives checked both of their cars thoroughly for bombs and tracking devices... We found none of either..

They drove both of their cars to the safe Bridge Building's indoor parking lot..




Then I took them to the safest place in the city... The Headquarters of the Criminal Investigation Division and the FBI/ATF...

It was a former hotel seized by the government and turned into the home base for Sissy and her detectives and The FBI /ATF..











They had a Modern Cafeteria there and enough luxury rooms on the top floors to house most of the detectives and federal agents who worked there...The building was filled with vetted uniformed policemen and administrative assistants who worked there every day and was protected by a 24 hour police guard...


"Thanks Sissy...Thanks Again for agreeing to put them up... Nobody knows they are here."I said.. "I made sure they weren't followed." I said.
"No Problem Kevin...No problem at all." said Sissy
"Thank You Kevin...Thank You" said a visibly shaken Robert Fletcher. " I never thought this would come to this." he said.
"Thank you Kevin...Thank you sooo much." said Alexis...



"The Pressure is really going to be on Mr. Haversham in a way he hasn't known." I said. 


II-


David Haversham sat in his suite... He was livid... There was no sign of either Alexis or her husband, Robert Fletcher.. They had turned the GPS off of both of their business phones and personal phones..They weren't at their condo , their cars were missing and they hadn't been seen for a few days..
He wondered if they were in police custody....He figured if they were, he'd be in custody right now with what Alexis knew. She knew that he had a contract out on both her and her husband..They were scared, they had gone hiding.. but he had a good man looking for them both...

He looked at the files on his desk...First of Bonnie Shay.


Bernadette Bonita "Bonnie " Shay

Born in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Graduated from The Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy ,Pre Law- Temple University.
Philadelphia PA.

WON A CRAWLEY SCHOLARSHIP!

J.D.- Columbia University , School of Law, New York City, New York

Passed the bar in New York, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, California

Public Defenders Office- New York City, New York

Assistant District Attorney's Office- Manhattan Borough, New York City, New York

Married, Divorced and Remarried Attorney Ronald Shay.

Private Investigator's license- Philadelphia PA.

Insurance Investigator and Co-Counsel- CYCLOPS INSURANCE COMPANY! Philadelphia Pa.

''She's a lawyer, why should she choose to be a P.I.?? Guess that's how she gets her kicks." he thought.
"She's got a body on her...in another situation...I'd be taking her to bed.." he said.

He then looked at my record.


KEVIN ALONZO MORRIS-

born in Philadelphia PA.

Born in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Graduated from Overbrook High School

Both Parents deceased...

Enlisted in The U.S. Marine Corps...

Stationed in California..

Received his B.A. in Communications/Journalism from UCLA  ,while in the Marines.

Received Double B.A. in Criminology , UCLA

Middleweight Boxing Champion- United States Navy

Received Commission as 1st Lt.

Became agent of N.C.I.S.

After Marine service was through returned to Philadelphia

Worked for Hype Magazine as Writer/ Editor..

Married to Realtor/Attorney- Joanne "Sepia" Cokeley -Morris, one daughter,
Kimberly Morris.

Bought with help from partners, Hype Magazine and expanded it into
MORRIS COMMUNICATIONS

Got P.I. License

MBA- Wharton School of Business- University of Pennsylvania.

Started MORRIS INVESTIGATIONS, office location unknown.

Registered gun owner.


"They're both good, they're both dangerous... Putting a contract on either of them is dangerous.. but they have people close to them...Spouses, children that aren't off the table." he said.


We were in the basement of my office watching and listening to this entire conversation....


"You think that's wise boss, going after his wife, his daughter and her husband?" said the man sitting with him...


"You're right... These two are very good and if anything happened to their loved ones they'd come after me with everything they got... Right now..They have NOTHING!!! They can't tie me to the sabotage or the jewel theft and they can't tie me to the murders even....and they have no clue as to where the diamonds are stashed...They don't and the police don't..They are at a standstill... but Alexis was there when I talked to these men...She saw Boorman and  Pierpont in this suite ..She didn't hear the conversations, but she saw them and when they appeared in the newspapers, well she's a smart girl, she put two and  two together.. She was with me... in the car...The night I met with Kulinski, the "Iceman" in Little Norway... She saw money changing hands...She could hurt.. She must be found and killed...and throw her husband in for good measure." said David Haversham.


"My guys have turned this city upside down and there isn't a trace of either of them..." said the man.
''We are still hunting." he said.


"She is priority..I want her dead! And more than that...I want her and her husband to wind up missing." said David Haversham...

"They are missing" laughed the man.

"Yeah, how about that?" laughed David Haversham.


"The Only way to get to the bottom of this is to set a trap...Find a buyer willing to take those diamonds off his hands." I said.

''Who can do that?" I asked.


"Who do we know, is the greatest con man of all time?" I asked, smiling.


"That old rummy, Pakistani Sammy...Is he still alive?" asked Kool Kat, laughing.


"Only one way to find out." I said laughing.




Pink laughed... "Yeah he's still alive....He's around... I can take you to him.... He'd be down for it too..
Hahahahahahahahahaha!" laughed Pink.


"Excellent." I laughed....


III-

At C.I.D. Headquarters , Robert and Alexis Fletcher met with ADA Keith Wallace and Lt. Danny Ho.




"If you testify , we'll give you immunity from Prosecution on any possible crime." said ADA Keith Wallace.
"I didn't commit any crime ADA Wallace, but I was there....I witnessed him in those people's company...  and then they were dead...I didn't want any parts of any murder... I chose right then to seperate myself from him... The only crime I committed  was to this man right here..I wasn't a good wife..  He said he forgives me...and I'm going to spend the rest of my life making it up to him."she said..
"It's alright baby!" said Robert...

"You'll be safe here." said Lt. Danny Ho.



After they left....
She stared at her husband....

"I love you." she whispered.
"I love you too!" he said.

She kissed him slowly, softly.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Robert....Robert...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so sorry baby! I'm sorry for everything!" she wept..

"All is forgiven, ." He said.

"We are going to work it out in bed." she said..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWD!" he moaned.

She could feel his erection and see the huge bulge in his trousers...




"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned, unzippering her dress, gazing at her multi-colored bra and getting even more excited.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she cooed...

"OHHHHHHHHH  BABY IT WAS ALL MY FAULT" he said as he slipped her panties down..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYY GODDDDD!" he exclaimed..

"I WANT YOU INSIDE OF ME!" she cooed..

"I'VE BEEN NEGLECTING YOU HAVEN'T I?   WELL I CERTAINLY WON'T NEGLECT YOU ANYMORE....LAWWWWWWWWWWWWD! YOU'RE COMING WITH ME TO DUBAI AND ANY DAMN WHERE ELSE I GO......UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU THESE ARE NICE...I LIKE THESE!" he said as he slipped her matching bikini panties down and off.

"I'm glad you do...I'll buy more like these.. Anything you like." she said.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWD!" he moaned...



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU SQUEEZE IT HARD!! UMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she cooed..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she cooed...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He moaned louder..

"UMMMMMMMMMMM TAKE ME...TAKE ME...OUUUUUUUU!"

The Bed began to squeak out of control.....the headboard began to slam against the wall....

For The Next NINE TO TEN HOURS they made sweet ,sweet love, Alexis experienced several orgasms..



They wound up on the soft carpeted floor of their room..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ROBERT!!!! YOU'RE A BEAST!! OH MY GODDDDDDDD, WOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed as he plowed into her...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned....

Robert was like a man possessed, he couldn't stop...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,OUUUUUUUU YOU NASTY DOG! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"she screamed to the top of  her lungs ,having another orgasm!


She sat on the side of the bed , moving up and down on him....kissing him passionately...

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ROBERT!!!! YOU'RE A BEAST!! OH MY GODDDDDDDD, WOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed as he plowed into her...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned....

Her body trembled something fierce...Tears and sweat ran down the side of her face...Her head turned from side to side...


It would be another TWO HOURS before Robert came....

"Ouuuuuuuu Robert you're a beast...OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned totally satisfied.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned, coming like a gusher.....




Robert had snatched her soul , she mused as she lie on top of him exhausted and totally satisfied.. Robert had a stupid grin from ear to ear on his face...She smiled as she drifted off to sleep, a peaceful sleep.


IV-


"Fruits, Vegatables....Good Fruits, Good Vegatables...Smoothies baby, Come get your good Smoothies...It'll change your life." came the unmistakable voice of Retired Con Man Extraordinaire,
Pakastani Sam (Government name : Sam Wilson) thought of as the Con Man's Con Man...One of the best , a Philadelphia Legend , who miraculously avoided heavy prison time...

 
"Fruits, Vegatables....Good Fruits, Good Vegatables...Smoothies baby, Come get your good Smoothies...It'll change your life." said Pakistani Sam.


"I'll take some fruit Sammy." I said.


"Yeah , bag me up some fruit baby!  How you doin Sammy?" said Kool Kat.


"Kevin, Walter, well I will be... How you guys doin?" said Pakistani Sam, glad to see us...

"I'm doin fine, how are you?" I said.
"You makin any money off of this Sammy?" asked Kool Kat.

"Yeah mannnn, believe it or not...I make enough to pay my rent...I got a nice place not too far from here and a nice car and I even have two or three people workin for me..I'm doin alright...You still married to that fine ass wife of yours Kevin?" he asked.
''Sure Am...Hey listen...can you get a couple of people to stand in for you...I need a favor, the only type of favor someone like you can provide." I said.

"Uh Oh....Sounds like you got a stinger in mind huh...? " he said , his eyes lighting up.. He was a retired con man, but he could be called back into the game for something I had in mind.. I had used him before..

"Is there someplace we can go and talk?" I asked.

''Yeah Hold up.. Susie, Amwar...Take over... I'll be back, my friends and I need to talk." said Sam.





Kool Kat and I were like kids...We ordered Burgers, Onion Rings and Milk shakes...



"I love these places...They make the best burgers and onion rings." I said.
"You aint never lied Kev." said Kool Kat.


"Okay Sammy, here's the score.. Our pigeon has some diamonds worth 3 Million that he's trying to unload.. Only nobody and I mean Nobody in the city will touch those stones.."I said.

"I heard about that.....A safe got beat at this hotel...Cops are stumped...They put the word out on the streets that anybody caught with those rocks is gonna get pinched.."said Pakistani Sam, who next to Pink, knew all of the news that was fit to know on the streets.
''We know who has the rocks..We just don't know where he has em stashed...That's where you come in..You are gonna pose as a buyer..a connected buyer out of Detroit...We are working with the cops..They'll have a suitable cover for you...The good thing is nobody has seen you on the streets in years...Your cover won't be blown..." said Kool Kat.
''Awwww man.." he said.

"Here's the good news for you... There is a 125 grand reward for anybody who has information or who can put the police on to whoever has these diamonds.. You do that and it's all your baby...All yours..." I said.


"That's incentive like a mother...I'm in." he said smiling... The old con man in him... 'And your meals...They're on me." he said.
"MY MANNNNN!"laughed Kool Kat..

"Pakistani Sam." I said, smiling..



Meanwhile at the Hotel....The Cleanup was completed and the
Aquadome was completely repaired with a fresh bunch of fish and aquatic life inserted into it..

It was back in business...
"No sign of Fletcher...I was certain he'd show for the rededication of that damn oversized fishbowl.." snarled  David Haversham...
"Forget about him for a minute."said his associate Brian Hagan...  "I want you to meet somebody...I checked him out.. He's legit... He owns a Seafood Store and restaurant in South Philly, but that's just a front.. He's uh let's say, a guy who puts important people together.. They call him "Pink" he said..

"You want to move some expensive merch and I know a buyer... He aint from around here.. He's from Out of town Detroit, but he'll be in town in a few days.. His name is Samuel Clemmons.. "Detroit Sammy"  Check him out...Then you call me at this number...and I'll arrange the meet... I uh expect that I'll get an equitable cut out of this deal..." said Pink..


"Of course...I'll check this guy out and then I'll get back to you." said David Haversham, smiling for the first time.

"First bit of good news I've heard in weeks.. I thought I'd have to travel out to West Coast.." he said.


AN HOUR LATER AT PINK'S STORE-
Bonnie Shay walked into his store...She sat down and ordered some food.

Creole Jambalaya.


"Well Did he go for it?" she asked,.



"Hook ,Line and Sinker..." said Pink with a smile.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: