Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Drinkwater Deposition

FOUR DAYS LATER-

We were in court in relation to the brief Olivia had filed..  It was a Civil Case ..A Bench trial....

Our old friend, Judge Freeman, the cross dressing Judge was presiding...


We were up against Powerful Attorney- Dewey Stevenson..He was representing the powerful ACE Chemical Company....They were being charged with defrauding a former chemist, Herbie Drinkwater out of a fortune in revenues for his invention......






 We were representing Herbie Drinkwater..

A Brilliant Chemist who once worked for ACE Chemical Company..He claimed he had copyrights for his contributions made while at the company... They parted ways acrimoniously....

One thing about civil litigation...There is no preliminary hearing, you go right into the trial and the jury consists only of six people....not twelve and it doesn't have to be a unanimous decision like in a criminal trial...but a majority decision...Meaning we needed four out of the six...

Today the jury was deadlocked at 3-3......


"I'm so sorry Herbie...I thought for sure we had convinced that jury..." said Olivia.
"That's okay...At least we didn't lose....You guys did a fabulous job...Old Dewey Stevenson is used to buffaloing over opposing counsel..he didn't buffalo you guys...It felt good seeing you confuse and confound him...."laughed Herbie Drinkwater.
"You sound like you guys have history..." said Beverly..
''We do...When I worked for the ACE company, he was and still is their chief litigator...I never liked him...I must say I enjoyed you guys giving him what for...Shame it was a deadlocked jury and not a victory." said Herbie.
"If I know right...He's not going to want to go through another courtroom trial.. He's going to want to meet and proffer a deal."said Nelson.
"I think you're right Nelson...He knows this was a close one, very close...and for someone like him, who is not used to losing...very close." I said.
"Here comes Mr. Smooth right now." said Josie.
''He is kinda cute."said Bresha.

Dewey Stevenson walked confidently toward them...He thought Olivia was a peach, the kind of woman he would have courted and married had he of met her sooner...He was a year older than her...He thought Beverly and Josie and Bresha were gorgeous... The fact that they were all married meant nothing to him...but Nelson and I were quite present...Bresha was a bit young, but Josie was just right....He smiled at the thought...He himself was very married...and he already had a chick on the side...His plate was full..

"Olivia, Beverly and company...Great show.. That was fun...but now we have to get down to business..rather than another trial...How about we meet and try to carve out a deal that would be satisfying to all of us?" said Dewey Stevenson..

"Alright ,this is my address....We can meet tomorrow morning...10:00 AM and try to come to a happy medium..."said Olivia...


"Excellent....I must commend you and your entire team....You all were very good... Perhaps we can work together in the near future.." he said eying Olivia, Beverly, Josie and Bresha.






"My My My...It's a crime to have that many fine women working at one firm....Donnie Ray and Nelson must be in hog heaven." he thought to himself.
"He's so full of shit." Herbie Drinkwater whispered to Nelson.
Nelson smiled wryly..
So did I..
"Let's go get something to eat....We'll see you tomorrow Herbie."said Olivia.

"Okay guys." said Herbie...

We got on the train....We headed towards the Bridge Building and our friends...We wanted no run ins with Lt. Tragg today...We wanted a peaceful lunch.

A Lunch that could only be had at the Bridge Building with our friends and neighbors.
At the Bridge Building, We entered their beautiful cafeteria just in time for lunch...
"Cousin Liv...Beverly, hi guys...."said Kayla..
"You guys have a court case?" asked her husband Ray...
"Yes, a Civil Case...We got a deadlocked jury."said Olivia.
"The Opposing attorney wants to meet tomorrow to carve out something."I said.
"I was certain we had a win."said Beverly...
"Well we didn't exactly lose."said Nelson.
''Well No...but in a Civil Case, anything other than a win feels like a loss. You still have work to do."said Jazzy.
"A face to face meeting might work out better for you, who knows?" said Dabnis, smiling.
"I haven't worked a civil case in about two years."said Jessica.
"Yeah me neither."said Chip..


Josie was glad to see her husband, Paris...she was siting on his lap, kissing him like it was going out of style...


So was Bresha...She was doing the same thing. Sitting on his lap and kissing him as if it was going out of style.
''Heyyyyy Olivia...How'd you guys Civil Trial go?" asked Yvette.
''It didn't...We got a 3-3 split...So close ,yet so far."said Olivia.
"On the one hand, I like Civil Trials because  they go quick...but the juries can be so funny..."said Keith Jones.
"Juries can be funny in criminal cases too...but like my husband said.. Civil trials are quick..No Preliminary Hearings...and no 12 man jury...A 6 man jury that doesn't have to be unanimous."said Bee Bee.
"An Interesting system...." mused Sofia.
"Yeah it is...Sorry you guys came up short today." said Kahlil.

"Opposing counsel wants to meet tomorrow at our office to proffer a deal."said Nelson.


''Well you stand a better chance of working something out in your favor."said Yvette.

"We sure hope so."said Olivia.

"I take it you guys didn't want to even see Lt. Tragg today, so you took this train ride."said Jade.
"You got it!"said Beverly.
"HEYYY COME UP FOR AIR YOU GUYS!"joked Virginia..



Josie,Paris, Bresha and Tony all stopped kissing and smiled sheepishly...Their food was getting cold..
I laughed and continued eating my food.
"It's nice eating our food with no yelling and whining." said Nelson.
"Or having to kick someone's ass." laughed Jetty...


''Heyyyyy Olivia...Hail Hail, the gangs all here."laughed Karen Page.
''Hi Guys."said Natalie.
''Hey"said David.
Who kissed his wife for the 200th time today.
"Hi Guys."said Brooke
who was having lunch with her husband, Sean, who worked down the street , but ate at least two meals a day here with us.

We enjoyed our lunches , and the fellowship of good friends.


II-


THE OFFICE OF DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY  LESTER BURKE


Assistant District  Attorney George Scott dropped some case files on DDA Burke's desk and declared.

"I'm ready to go boss..." he said.

"This is the Drinkwater Desposition?" he asked.

"Yupper....I spent mot of the weekend reading this deposition and doing my due dilligence, studying predicates, laws pertaining to cases like this, like cases and keeping a close watch on the Civil trial. It ended today in a 3-3 split..Not what Dewey Stevenson wanted... He met his match in Olivia and Beverly and their team..








They tied his tail into a knot...He didn't run over them like he has so many...." said George Scott.

"Yes I heard that the great Dewey Stevenson met his match...but the question is...ARE YOU A MATCH FOR HIM?? AND IS THERE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST??"asked Lester Burke.


''WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?" asked George Scott.

"Georgie, do you know what Malfeasence is?" asked Lester Burke.


"Yeah ,Malfeasance is a broad term that describes conduct that is inherently wrong or unlawful. It is most commonly used in reference to actions by public officials or employees who have failed to perform the duties required of them by statute. This description of corruption or misconduct may be used in both civil and criminal legal actions."said George Scott.

"Yeah well we got a reallll problem here..You didn't tell me that Dewey Stevenson offered you a partnership in his law firm.. You represent the City of Philadelphia...You're going up against him in a criminal trial and you have a partnership in the wings....I could bring both of you up on charges and take you to the Legal Ethics Board...If I wanted to run wild with this.. You could possibly be disbarred and face jail time...but I know, you didn't know what was in the works. That's the only reason why I'm talking to you now." said Lester Burke.


"Look, I never talked to this guy in person...I don't even like him...He's friends with my girlfriend..and He offered me a partnership, but I turned him down...I turned him down cold..I don't wanna be in bed with him , you gotta believe me boss.. I didn't do nothin wrong."said George.

''I believe you, but I gotta cover my ass on this one.. Yours too!  I'm taking you off the case and assigning Sharon Carter ,Michelle Battles and James "Jumpshot  Jim" Taylor to this case...." said Lester Burke.



"You can't do this to me...This was my big case....I worked hard on this case... This was a career defining case.. I told you, I wasn't in bed with Dewey Stevenson....."said George Scott.

"No..You aren't in bed with Dewey Stevenson, but do you know who is?   Your little girlfriend, Caldonia Terrell... You wouldn't do it...so I had my investigator look into her... You've been seeing her for about six months now...Didn't you ever wonder how she drives a brand new 2023 Tesla, always seems to have money and lives in that tony loft in THAT part of town and yet never appears to go to work anywhere or have any visible means of support.. You've never asked her where her money comes from?

 Her name is Caldonia Terrell.  She was born here in Philadelphia. She graduated from Girls High .She didn't go to any college and her only known employment was at Macy's in the Women's Fragrance department...That was about 3 years ago...She drives a 2023 Tesla and lives in a very very tony Loft in town with no visible means of support."

She opened the account three years ago and she made cash deposits...Every two weeks or so...She has close to a million dollars in her bank account and she has two credit cards and a debit card,,,Her balance on both cards is paid in full every month by a dummy company in the Caymen Islands....I looked up the name on the account...Naturally it's a phony name of someone who died 20 years ago..

So I checked with the SEC....The Dummy Account belongs to the ACE Chemical Company, who our friend Dewey Stevenson works for...The ACE Chemical Company paid for the Credit Cards and they have paid her up to 1 million dollars over a three year period...for information on certain people...She's a very attractive young lady...That Loft she lives in...That car she drives is all owned lock stock and barrel by the ACE Chemical Company....who employs Dewey Livingston as it's main attorney.a successful attorney who has never lost a litigation for them...Until today when he kind of lost....Oh yeah and your little girlfriend Caldonia...is in bed with Dewey figuratively and literally..She's been his plaything for three years...His WIFE doesn't know about it...She's been playing you....Like a deck of cards Georgie..That's why I can't have you connected to the case."said Lester.



Georgie was in tears....He stormed out of the office...

Dewey Stevenson kept a secret condo downtown for "Personal Usage"...His "Cool Out Spot"  Here he entertained his friends on weekends, watching sporting events and drinking, but mostly, he took women here..Women he was interested in sexually....Far away from where he lived and worked...this was perfect..

"OHHHHHHH DEWEY, I'VE MISSED YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!"said Caldonia....who took her dress off and kicked her high heels to the side...
"I'VE MISSED YOU TOO!! BUT I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH THIS DRINKWATER BUSINESS.... I DIDN'T WIN IN COURT TODAY....WE GOT A 3-3 SPLIT...... THE GREAT OLIVIA BENNETT-ALEXANDER AND HER NIECE AND THEIR TEAM TURNED OUT TO BE MORE FORMIDABLE THAN I HAD EXPECTED..." said Dewey, taking his suit jacket and his shirt and tie off and his trousers...







They were ready for everything I threw at them and even through some curve balls my way...I couldn't believe how well trained and verse Olivia's other attorneys are...They don't get in each other's way  They compliment each other... If it wasn't for the fact that I was going up against them..I'd have been half way impressed...Anyway...I've got a meeting with them tomorrow...at their place...Maybe I can carve out a deal..." he said.


"Well why don't you carve out a deal right here, right now with me?" asked Caldonia..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs! YESSSSSSS BABY!" he moaned...

He slipped her panties down..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD!" he cried out.

She giggled..
He bent her over his chest of drawers and plunged into her..She gasped..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....WHOOOO HOOO HOOOO HOOOOOOOO! UMMMMMM!" she moaned. He was nearly as big as Georgie, but just as hard and just as skilled.
He placed her on top of the chest of drawers, spread her legs apart and entered her, kissing her passionately...

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...OHHHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY!!" he moaned.

"DEWEYYYYYYYYYY, I LOVE YOUUUUUUU, OUUUUUUUUUUU WHEN ARE YOU GETTING A DIVORCE?? I NEED YOU, ONLY YOU!!" she said.

"SOON BABY, SOOOON!" he moaned.. He had no plans to divorce his wife, also a high powered attorney...
He lifted her up and began to long stroke her...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WHOOO HOOOO HOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
OHHHHHH SWEEET BABY, UMMMMMMMMMMM YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS!"she cried out!

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWD!"he screamed out! She was so wet, she smelled so good and was baby soft... He really enjoyed making love to her...
"I LOVE YOU DEWEY....I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.." she cooed..

"I LOVE YOU TOO BABY!" he cried out....

"IS THIS A NEW BED?" he asked..

"IT IS . I'M SURPRISED YOU NOTICED!" she said.
They made love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS, taking up the entire afternoon..

She rested on top of him..

"I LOVE YOU DEWEY....I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.." she cooed..

"I KNOW BABY...I KNOW" he sighed..


III-
AQUA BAR-LATER THAT NIGHT... IT WAS SALSA NIGHT-





There was Salsa and Tacos to go around...  Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Paris, Bresha and Tony were joined by Jazzy and Dabnis, Kayla and Ray, Jessica and Chip, Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Natalie and David and Brookie and Sean...

''Mmmmmmmm I lovvvvve Salsa Night."said Beverly..
''I love that you love it....I get to see you dance drunk.."joked Nelson...
"Is that why you like it?" asked Josie..
"Of course..."laughed Paris.
Bresha and Tony made each other Tacos and dipped them in Salsa and fed each other..
"Ummmmmmmmmmmm, thank you baby!" said Tony....
"Isn't that Georgie sitting over there by himself?" asked Jazzy..
"Yeah and he looks smashed."said Dabnis.


George Scott had downed eight beers...His head was wobbling..Tears streaming down the sides of his cheeks...

"Wow, he's really laying on the sauce.."observed Kayla..
"Yeah. He's not going to be able to make it out of here." said her husband, Ray....
"Isn't he supposed to be trying the Drinkwater Fraud Case? The Criminal trial?" asked Jessica.
"Yeah...Maybe he's got the jitters...."said Chip.
"He is up against Dewey Stevenson..It's a career defining case."said Keith Jones.
"Well getting sloshed days before the case opens is no way to be..He should be at Home, getting some rest." said Bee Bee.
"Listen at you, like we have never partied before a big case..."said Sofia.
"We did in the early days, but not anymore..." said Kahlil..

''We paid for it too! Remember??We Were lucky we won those cases."said Bee Bee..
"Yeahhhh, I remember....He's a new Attorney...He'll learn."said Keith Jones.
"He shouldn't be learning on the eve of a big case like this." said Sofia.

Georgie had downed eight more beers and was now close to falling over..
''Damnnnn somebody should stop him...He's had enough."said Kahlil.
"I think I'm going to go over and talk to him." said Beverly. 

Natalie, sitting next to them , removed her husband's hands from beneath her mini skirt..

"David Stopppppppppppppp." she giggled.
"Okay, I'll chill out....I-I can't keep my hands off of you tonight." David said meekly...
"Tonight??? Try every day..."Natalie giggled, Appreciative that she had a man, a man who was so crazy about her..
Brooke smiled...She leaned her head into her husband's shoulders..She had a slight buzz.
So did Sean, so glad that they and all the others came via Olivia's bus...None of them had to worry about driving the short distance home under the influence.
Georgie gave new meaning to crying in his beer..He looked up and Beverly was standing over him..
"Georgie, what's the matter?" she asked.
"Today was just the worst day of my life. I got taken off of the Drinkwater Criminal Deposition...That was a career defining case...I worked hard on that case... I spent nights downtown in the Law Library researching predicates,laws pertaining to the case...like cases and the laws surrounding it..Reading those case files until I knew them word for word and coming to you guys Civil Trial during the week..I worked hard on that case...and I'm being thrown off the case because that damn Dewey Stevenson...That slick bastard put the word out that he offered me a partnership... He did, but I turned him down flat, two times...Turns out he was screwing my girlfriend and bank rolling her too...He fished her close to me so he could have an advantage...He didn't want to face me in the criminal trial..He was getting information from her.....Our Pillow talk...things I told her in confidence...It was a lie , a joke...My whole relationship has been a joke....and now my career...(DDA Burke's confidence in me is shot ) is ruined." he said, his eyes full of tears...
"There will be other cases.. You've got a long career ahead of you....but tonight! You're in no condition to drive home... We are taking you with us.... We have an extra bedroom in our sub-basement...You're going to sleep it off there.. Tomorrow, I'll take you to your car... You're coming home with us." said Nelson.

George didn't argue...He knew he was tore up from the floor up..
"Julio, can we get some coffee over here for this guy?" said Beverly, talking to the bartender..
"Here comes the coffee...Drink up Georgie." said Nelson...


Beverly and Nelson got him two cups of coffee from the bar... The coffee settled him... He went in the restroom and vomited his guts out in the toilet.... 


Tony and Paris helped Nelson clean him up ,administer a little cold water and hustle him out..
"He gonna be alright?" asked Dabnis.
"Nothing a good nights sleep and a hot shower in the morning won't cure." said Nelson.

"Thanks everybody." said Georgie.

They all left at 1:30 AM... a half hour before closing....21 young people, piling safely on a bus and being driven safely home... The owners of Aqua Bar appreciated that...




Beverly and Nelson brought Georgie home with them...

He slept in the bedroom in our sub-basement....

Caldonia was arriving home at her loft at the same time..


She felt like a whore... Dewey had had her sleep with yet another man...involved in this case.. She didn't mind sleeping with Georgie or pretending to be his girlfriend...but she certainly did not want to sleep with Herbie Drinkwater..
But she had,

..




 because Dewey had asked her to...She began to re-evaluate her relationship with him..
He was no closer to divorcing his wife than he was when he first met her and slept with her..True, he took care of her, There was no way she could afford this loft, her car and have a bank account and credit and debit cards loaded with money like she did.. but she didn't like sleeping with all of these different men....She felt like a whore... This had to stop ,she thought.. She had slept with Dewey himself half the day...and then hours later, she was at Herbie Drinkwater's house...sleeping with him...She didn't find him attractive at all and she would have never given him the time of day under any other circumstance...but Dewey had asked her to do it and she said she'd do anything for Dewey.. Dewey was her lover and her pimp it seemed.. She planned to meet with Dewey to re-evaluate their relationship.
That unfortunately was never going to happen.

She put her key in the door and someone in the shadows fired three shots into her head..She was dead before she hit the ground...She didn't even make it inside..



IV-

THAT SAME NIGHT-
At our Office/Duplex



Olivia and I spent the same night at home..She put her phone on the charger....

"Hopefully no one calls me." she said.


I smiled raffishly...

Yes, Hopefully." I said.

She kissed me softly.....


"Let's make love." she said softly....

"Well, alright!" I said softly...

"I thought you would agree to that!" she giggled...


I dimmed the lights and made sure the doors were locked..

"The kids are all out at Aqua Bar...We can make as much noise as we like." Olivia cooed
"OH MY GOD!" I exclaimed..

Olivia laughed... "You are so funny when you're horny." she said...



"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned , throwing Olivia up against the wall and opening her blouse...

We were kissing up against the wall......

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...I remember when you first moved here, before we got married , how many times a day we'd slip off up here and do the nasty.... I know Josie and my niece knew what was going on...."said Olivia.

"They certainly know now..."I said.

"I don't carrrrrrrrrre..."said Olivia..

"Me neither." I said in between kisses.


As we continued to kiss...and undress each other..



I slipped her panties down.....



We stood there and kissed passionately........

Olivia scooped our clothes up and I followed her into the bedroom...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"she cooed.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"I moaned....




I lifted her up in the air and entered her slowly....She gasped...... 

"OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she said..

"AWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWD WOMAN!" I cried out...

Olivia had an embarrassingly quick orgasm and held on to me for dear life.....Her body trembling....
She rode me on the side of the bed as though her life depended on it...


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU FEEL SO DAMN GOOD!" I moaned..\

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MEOWWWWWWWWWW! SO DO YOU!" she cried out...

The bed was squeaking and our headboard softly rammed against the wall...

OLivia had yet another orgasm, which caused her to cry like a little girl..
and then we settled down in bed..for a nice  EIGHT TO NINE HOUR SESSION of sweet and slow, uninterrupted lovemaking..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DONNIE RAY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" she said..

"OLIVIA, I LOVE YOU TOOO! OUUUUUUUUUUU!" I moaned


Olivia slept peacefully on top of my chest, with my arms around her waist...

Unaware that Beverly and Nelson...



Had brought Georgie home and was allowing him to sleep it off in our sub-basement...


while meanwhile in another part of town...

"She took three shots to the back of her head....Her death was quick!  She was dead before she hit the ground... Her key is still in the door."said a Crime Scene Investigator..

"Which means someone waited for her.."said another..

The hallway camera was disabled..We won't be getting any help from that.."said a uniformed oficer..

"That means this was a professional hit." said another Crime Scene Investigation...

"The drivers license in her purse says she's Caldonia Terrell....Judging from the body temperature...I'd say she's been dead about three hours..."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, Deputy Coroner and Forensic investigator.
"She apparently was coming home from somewhere ,put her key in the door and was shot to death.."said Deputy Coroner, Dr. Marcy Martin...

"Nobody heard a thing....My guess is...The killer used a silencer."said another Crime Scene Investigator.


An Unmarked Police Car drove up outside...


Lt. Tragg and three uniformed police officers entered the building..

''What have we got here?" he asked as if he were auditioning for LAW AND ORDER on TV..

"Black Female,"She took three shots to the back of her head....Her death was quick!  She was dead before she hit the ground... Her key is still in the door."said a Crime Scene Investigator..

"Which means someone waited for her.."said another..

The hallway camera was disabled..We won't be getting any help from that.."said a uniformed oficer..

"That means this was a professional hit." said another Crime Scene Investigator...


Lt. Tragg put on his latex gloves...He kneeled down and observed the body.....

"Hmmmmmmmmm, she doesn't look or feel like she's been dead that long...Who is she? She got a name.?" he asked.

"Her name is Caldonia Terrell, according to her Drivers License...There is no job identification on her..."said Hazel...


"One of these units goes for about $2000.00 a month...She must be some type of fancy lawyer or doctor or politician or something... I see she never made it inside her unit... Guys go inside, dust for prints, DNA, look for anything that tells us where she worked or what she does...Go through her phone...You,put a team on this building and the buildings around it and the area businesses, talk to everybody..Somebody might have seen or knows something. Hazel ,Marcy, how long has she been dead?" asked Lt. Tragg.


"Body Temperature and Lividity puts the time of death at three hours ago...."said Hazel...


"Hmmmmmmmmm.....wrap her up....No need in leaving her out here...Get me the Autopsy report on her as soon as possible." he said gruffly.... He looked tired and worn out...He wasn't his old feisty self..
He looked like most of the people there, like he just wanted to go home and go to sleep.

"This is the first time you and he didn't get into an argument....He's getting better." Marcy whispered to Hazel..

''Yeah, hope springs eternal.."said Hazel..


The body of Caldonia Terrell was put in a white body bag and strapped to a gurney and wheeled out...Another murder in the city... and unknown to us at the time, a deepening of the case we were already on...

(TO BE CONTINUED)

3 comments:

Toni said...

OMG What a turn this story has taken and quickly!

Angie B, said...

WOW! Talk about curveballs....I didn't expect anybody to get killed Keith! At least not so soon!

Sunflower said...

Just the right mix of sex and murder...No wonder this blog is called Escapades...LOL!