Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Who Are You ,Really?


Olivia, Beverly ,Juanita Pryor and Gretchen Carter sat in the M.E.'s office with me a few days later...We were waiting for a report from Forensic Investigator,Dr. Hazel Hunter-Baylor...Olivia's friend...She had taken DNA samples and fingerprint samples from the dead body of the man Olivia, Bev and I as well as his fiance, Gretchen Carter had known as Jake Robinson...

Olivia had repped him for close to six months..had been to his place of work, Beasley- Reese Pharmecuticals and had met his supervisor and other fellow employees...Against his wishes of course..He had introduced her to Gretchen Carter, the executive secretary to the CAO of Beasley -Reese.

We had both at least been by the loft that he was living in...We certainly had thought that we knew him all this time...Apparently ,he had fooled us or the woman claiming to be his wife or all of us...My guess was that he had successfully fooled all of us..

I must admit...To my surprise...The two women...The alleged wife and the fiance were more civil than I expected considering the circumstances...They didn't snipe or bite at each other...They sat quietly between me and Bev and said nothing...I felt like saying something...but I didn't..

Olivia looked at her watch and said..
"I wonder where Hazel is..I have a court appointment soon."

I was wondering the same thing...I didn't have a court appointment, but I wanted to go and run some things down...The cop in me..

Finally after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, Hazel entered the waiting room...

II-
"Hi everybody...Sorry I kept you waiting.." she said... ''My findings are cocnclusive...he was in the system..he had a drunken driving arrest from four years ago and another bust for possession a year ago..He was never convicted and never did any jail time for either..but his prints and DNA were in the system...That man lying on the slab has been positively identified as John Lee Pryor Jr." she said.
"So can I take the body?" asked his wife Juanita Pryor..

"Sure...just fill out these papers and we'll arrange for a hearse to deliver the body to the funeral home of your choice." said Hazel.
''I live in West Chester...I have my own Funeral Director coming to get the body...but thanks anyway.."she said.

''Oh, Okay then." said Hazel.


''Thank you so much Hazel" said Olivia...

Olivia and Beverly looked at Gretchen who was over in the corner crying softly...
"How could I have been such a fool?" she said..."We were engaged...we spent weekends together in that loft,making love...He told me he loved me..We were about to get married." she said.

Beverly put her arms around her...
"It's okay girl...He fooled all of us..Not just you...For close to a year he had us all believing he was one person and it turned out he was someone else altogether..

Juanita Pryor walked over to where Beverly and Gretchen were sitting...She spoke quietly-

"Think of how I felt...Only seeing him on the weekends..Him lying and refusing to ever let me see his loft in Philly....I was just as big a fool as anyone...I thought I had a marriage..thought I had a husband."she said.
I hadn't liked the man ,the night I had caught him flirting with my wife...Now I disliked him even more for the game he had run on these two women, who's only crime was that they had fallen in love with a liar and a cheat!

Yet ,I couldn't help thinking there was more to his story than what met the eye...I walked over to Beverly and whispered in her ear...

"Robin...I think it's time for us to head to the Batmobile.." I said.

Beverly giggled....

"Who is it this time ,The Riddler, The Joker??"she said laughing..

"Sounds like we got a real Joker on our hands."I said.

III-

Sometime later, Beverly,Olivia and I visited the loft belonging to the late John Lee Pryor......It was beautiful..Much more classier than I expected from him...


"This place is the bomb D.R."said Beverly...

"It's gorgeous."said Olivia..

''Bev, did you go to public records?"I asked.

"Yeah..I did...Found out some interesting facts."she said.

"Oh really? Like What?" I said.

"Like Jake Robinson and John Lee Pryor have the exact same birthday...Both grew up in West Philadelphia..Attended the same elementary school and the same Middle School..." she said.

"But there is no Jake Robinson...That was the phony alias he made up."said Olivia.

"No...There was a Jake Robinson...He's been dead for 15 years!  Our boy here took his name and social security number and built himself a new identity about a year ago..Had credit cards and bank cards in his name and everything else...He lied on his resume about attending Drexel University and Later, Columbia University in New York...he lied about all of the jobs he supposedly worked at as "Jake Robinson" and he purchased this loft with money that was wired from an account from the McGarry-Edelman Pharmecutical Company." said Beverly.

''Really?'I said.

''There is more...McGarry -Edelman in West Chester is supposedly where John Lee Pryor /Jake Robinson was last employed.." said Bev...

"So what is the story on John Lee Pryor?" asked my wife Olivia..Now very curious..

"He's a lot deeper than we could even guess...This guy graduated with honors from Central High...Went to the University of Pennsylvania and graduated with honors...Studied abroad at Oxford in London and then returned here and got a top job at McGarry-Edelman Pharmecuticals...Married Juanita James..three years ago and moved to a beautiful home out in West Chester.... I checked the records...Never missed a morgtage or utility payment on that house or this loft."said Bev.

"Jake?  ...I mean John?" said Olivia..

''He was fooling us all." I said.

"I often wondered how he got such a high position ...Jake just struck me as a player...Not as the brightest bulb in the socket."said Olivia...

I smiled...

''Apparently, he was a good actor ."I said.

"Yes...he fooled Gretchen and she's pretty smart."said Olivia.

"That's odd....He's maintaining a house out in the suburbs and a wife and a girlfriend and a loft here in Philly...On one salary, Smart or not...He wasn't making that much money...It actually seems a ,little impossible..I'm going to see if I can pull his tax returns..."I said.

I walked over to his phone...I noticed that in addition to two cell phones ..he kept a landline...A quick look at his smartphone showed that one was strictly for his John Pryor identity, while the other was for his Jake Robinson identity...I cross checked his calling lists...Different people for different phones.The landline had only a few calls...and one was from an angry caller...

"Hey Jake, you asshole...I want my money or I'm going to break you in to...It's Willie Davenport in case you forgot.." was all the caller said.

Hmmm , judging by the area code...That call came from right outside the city...I was going to find out where and pay Willie a visit.

I picked up my IPad mini....I went through my databases....Willie or William Davenport was a common name...but not the one that had a record for drug possession with intent to sell and who shared that same area code....I located his residence in near record time.

"Livy...I'm going to need your car" I said.


''And how am I getting home?" she said.

"I called Josie...told her to meet me here." I said.

Olivia kissed me..

"You think of everything dear.."she said.

I pulled her to me and kissed her again...long and softly...

"When it comes to you, of course I do." I said.

''Holy mush, will you two stop it?  " joked Beverly..


Josie drove up and I kissed Olivia again as she got in the car...I pulled Beverly to me..


''Robin this calls for your expertise"...I tossed her the keys... "Drive" I said and got in the passenger side.


IV-

Beverly and I sat outside of the house...It was in a small suburb of Philadelphia...

''How did you find this place so fast?" she asked.

"Modern Technology and the fact that I did used to be a cop..."I said. "I knew where and how to look."I said.

"You're scary sometimes D.R." she said and laughed..

I pulled her to me and hugged her...

"Nothing either you or your auntay ever have to worry about...I work for you guys remember?" I said and kissed her on the forehead...Then I pulled out my wallet and gave her a few dollars..

"Here...go to that corner store down the street and get us some coffee and those uh Tastykake jelly krimpets you Philadelphians talk about so much...I've taken a liking to them." I said.

Beverly smiled at me..

"You're really becoming a Philadelphian D.R."she said.

"Next time you're in New Orleans...I'll have to introduce you and your Auntay to a Po-Boy."I said.

"Deal" she said and she got out of the car and headed to the corner store..

But before she came back...The man I was looking for walked up to the house...

"Willie..Willie Davenport!!"I called..

He went to run ,but I cautioned him...

"Don't run and don't make me pull out my gun."I said.  I really didn't feel like a foot race or a fight.

He froze in his tracks..

"You damn Narcos....I'm clean..." he said.

"I'm not a narco..."I said.

I showed him a photo of John Pryor..

"That's Jake!" he said.

"Yeah...he's dead.."I said.

"Ohhhh crap!   hey man...I didn't kill him...I haven't seen him since early Friday...Honest...I got a solid alibi for whenever he was killed."he said.

"He wasn't killed...it was natural causes...Heart attack, brought on by too much heroin ,mixed with cocaine and alcohol.." I said.

"Heyyy you can't blame that on me!!!!!...Yeah,I sold him some junk...but how he chose to use it or over use it aint on me." he said.

I laughed....

"You called his loft threatening him if he didn't pay you your money....Probably money owed for the last blast you gave him, am I right?" I asked.

"Y-Y-Yeah....He owed me 25K...but he paid me...in full on Friday....I didn't have no beef with Jake..he was just a little late with his payments ,is all..but me and him was good." he said.

"He paid you in full, 25K?" I said.

"Hey man, he wasn't like these college kids or some junkie in West Philly or North Philly...He had a big time position with some Pharmecutical company...He had the dough...He had a bad babe, nice crib...He liked to party...but he always paid...eventually!" said Willie..

I patted Willie on the back..

"Thanks"I said.

"You aint bustin me?" he asked.

"Nah....besides...I'm not a cop...I'm a private investigator.."I said.

By now Beverly had returned with coffee and Tastykakes...

"Get in the car...I already interviewed him...I'm going back to the store to get a Tastykake for your Auntay."I said.

"Way ahead of you D.R.  I already got her one...You're not the only one who loves her."she said and smiled.

She dialed Nelson as  We pulled off!

"Hello."he said..

"Hey Baby..You want some company tonight?" she asked.

"Are you kidding? Sure!" he said.

Beverly looked at me and laughed....covering her phone..

"He gets sooo excited over me...It's kinda cute."she whispered.

''Okay..D.R. is bringing me by in a few."she said.

"I'll be here."he said.

"You really dig him Bev?" I asked.

"Yeah...he's good people..Sometimes I feel so bad  at how I used to treat him."she said.

''Well..at least you know he's serious about you."I said and smiled.

"Can you put me off at Nelson's apartment?" she asked...

"Sure thing...You did good work today counselor." I said...She beamed with pride....as we pulled off and headed back to the city.

 IV-
When I got home, Olivia was sitting on the bed in her nightie working on her laptop...

"Hey" I said, leaning down to kiss her..

"Hey yourself..Where is Bev, at Nelson's?"she asked.

" Yeah...Our guy Jake or John had a lot of cash to spend and I don't think it came from Beasley-Reese.."I said.

"Oh it wasn't..."she said...."His tax returns show that he was still on the payroll at McGarry-Edelman in West Chester."she continued...

"He was working for two competitors at the same time?" Something is rotten in West Chester.."I said.

"I think we need to go to West Chester and talk to his wife tomorrow and visit that company."said Olivia.

''We as in me and you?"I  asked while stripping down to my boxers and laying across the bed..

"Yeah...you never take me on these adventures...My niece can't have all of he fun."said Olivia..

"I don't know uh, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings."I laughed..

Olivia kissed me softly and tenderly...She ran her hands in my boxers and fondled my raging erection softly...

"You wouldn't want to uh, hurt my feelings would you?"she said softly, blowing in my ears..

"I certainly would not."I said ,pulling her closely to me and kissing her....

She began to laugh loudly then...

"Huh? What?" I said.

"You are sooooo whipped.."she said. "The three of us are going." she laughed...

"Come here you!!" I said...She leaped up and began running from me..I chased her...She was laughing and screaming as I chased her around the room...

"Stoppppp, get off of me.." she laughed as I finally cornered her and extended her arms against the wall and kissed her long, slowly and softly for five minutes....

"Wowzers....You're going to hurt me with that thing." laughed Olivia as she put both of her hands around my erect penis and stroked it a little bit more... She shook her head and smiled.. I slipped her panties down slowly...She stared in my face with those big expressive eyes of hers...She was breathing deeply and kissing me slowly...

I entered her and lifted her up and  begin to thrust inside of her  deeply. I tried to catch my breath, Olivia wrapped her  legs around me and her arms around my neck as if I was falling off a cliff.

We quickly got a nice deliberate rhythm right there up against the wall.. I just wanted to go hard and fast, but she slowed us down. I could barely stand it.It felt so good... I slowed it way down with deep, long strokes that make me feel like I was losing my mind...She kissed me softly and blew into my ears...

 ''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ohhhhh Donnie Rayyy..ouuuuuuuuuuuuu." she moaned.

''YeSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssss" I moaned....

We made sweet love this time for about a hour and a half before we both exploded in a passionate fury...

"Ummmmm,put me down....I'm getting a cramp in my leg." laughed Olivia as we both walked over to the bed and  rested ...I rested between her legs...She wrapped them around my lower back and played in my hair...I held her tight...
Olivia breathed  a little lighter and said to me...

"So tomorrow...West Chester right?" she said.

"Yeah...West Chester." I sighed...

"Donnie Ray?" she said.

"Yeah?" I answered..

"I'm whipped too."she said and smiled as I leaned up and kissed her softly.

V-
McGarry-Edelman Pharmaceutical company- West Chester,PA.
Two White men stood in the dark talking.....

"Hi ya Bert..."

''Hey Mitch"

''Our Boy Johnnie died down in Philly over the weekend."

''Yeah..I heard....Shame...He was a good dope drop...Always got us pertinent information...This guy should have worked for the government...The FBI or somethin..."

"Imagine that?  He was kind of a James Bond type..."

"Yeah...Shame he's dead....We uh got some visitors comin tomorrow Bert."

"Cops? I thought they said it was natural causes...??"

"No..Not cops...A couple of lawyers and a Private Investigator..."

"What do they want?"

"Probably know about his two identities.."

"You gonna talk to em?"

"Yeah why not...The cat is out of the bag now...We're covered...They can't hurt us."

"Shame about Johnny boy eh?"

''Yeah man, damn shame!"


(TO BE CONTINUED)



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES AT YOU!! LAWD!

James Perkins said...

OH Lord! LOL! Anonymous, whoever you are, you are killing me! LMBAO!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

That last paragraph sounded pretty sinister...This is really getting good..

Swaggie said...

Gotta say, dude has got ME trippin..Pretending to be two people and all...This is good!

Cheryl said...

I love Donnie Ray's relationship with both Livy and Bev...He's a real nice guy!

Brenda said...

I believe this is the series you always wanted to create but didn't quite get right until now..Unlike your cop drama,it's not overpopulated with charactors and Donnie Ray is a lot more basic than Kevin...I love this.

Toni said...

You have still got my attention sir..Loving this story.

Angie B. said...

Loving this story....and these charactors!

Sunflower said...

I enjoy these stories...They're good with an abscence of the violence that used to fill your earlier stories...(Chess and Chris, Kevin, et al)

Lisa said...

Loving this!

Halo said...

Enjoying this story so much,I almost don't want it to end.

Vanessa said...

This guy was a mystery to everybody who knew him it seems.

Turned Up said...

This story got me kind of hot!

Tate2 said...

Throwing my boxers and my wrist watch up in the air! LMBAO!