Friday, April 11, 2014

A Scent of Jade


I dreamed about the female Ninja that aided us the night before...I couldn't get the scent of her perfume out of my mind...I mean ,I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt who she was...and I knew where to find her!
The next morning..I showered and shaved, got dressed....Rubbed my sleeping wife's belly and then kissed her softly...Her eyes opened up slowly...She smiled at me...I kissed her again...

"Don't have that baby before I get back."I said ,smiling...

"Oh I won't.." she said giggling like a school girl as I went out the bedroom door and out of the house...

II-


I drove to the downtown Marriot and I went straight to the room where I knew Jade Lee was staying..I knocked on her door...

She came to the door in a white athletic top and white bikini panties...I was somewhat stunned at first...She didn't appear to be...

"May I help you?" she said.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"It's early."she said dryly...and moved out of the way so I could walk inside...It was a very immaculate and surprisingly neat hotel room...She had a nice oriental scent flowing through the room...Incense!

"I will only take just a minute of your time."I said...

"Just a minute?" she said,smiling and winking...

I smiled and entered her room...She put on a robe and she sat down and faced me...I tucked my suit jacket over my pants...She was very arousing and I couldn't hide the fact from my self that I was very turned on....

''So what can I do for you Kevin?" she said.

"You know my name?" I said.

"I do...and I know that you're a private investigator and you have been building a case against Michael Chen.." she said.

"Your lover." I said.

"He used to be.. I've been trailing him myself...For about a year and when I came here ,I discovered that you were trailing him also.."she said.

I had a look of pure surprise on my face... She laughed....

III-

"You look surprised....Don't be....It's my business to know."she said.

"Your business?" I asked.

"I'm a cop!" she said and walked over to her dresser and showed me a badge and and ID...She also pulled out some files...I looked at them...They resembled the evidence I had pulled on him.

''Detective Jade Lee, Tokyo Homicide!" I said in pure surprise.

"Yes" she said.  "I didn't want to believe that Michael was behind my father's death...but the more I looked...The more things begin to point to him..."she said.

"And his Black Dragon!"I said.

"There is no Black Dragon!  At least not anymore...The real Black Dragon is dead...That was his father's personal hitman who terrorized Tokyo for decades...After Low Chen died...His former hitman, was just a shadow of himself...He was arrested and charged with multiple murders....He committed suicide years ago...If you're speaking of Handjob...He is no Black Dragon...Not even close."she spat.

"If you suspected that Michael Chen might be your father's killer...Why did you sleep with him?" I asked.

She smiled at me sheepishly....

"You know about that?  You are good.....It was a long flight from Tokyo to Philadelphia...I was horny!."she replied without an ounce of regret!

We looked at each other and busted out laughing...I liked Jade..

I walked over to her closet and opened the door...

''Excuse you!!" she said.

"It's the reason I came here...To thank you for your help last night...What are you...a Superhero?" I asked, looking at the Ninja costume in her closet...

"You knew that too huh?" she said.

"I never forget a woman's scent.."I said. "Or her voice..." I continued..

She smiled wryly....

"The Ninja suit was just a ruse...I didn't want Handjob or his boss to know that I was on to them...They don't know that I'm a detective." she said.

"You're probably on a leave of abscense ...am I right? You've been investigating your father and your cousin's murders for a few years now on your own right? You gave up being a successful attorney to be a cop so that you could investigate the murders of your family members." I said.

"Did you used to be a cop?" she asked.

"Somewhat...I was a Military Investigator..."I said.

"You're very good. You know my whole story" she said smiling...

"That's called knowing all of the players in the game...It keeps me alive most times."I said.

She nodded...

"Indeed!" she said.

"Look Jade...I have in my possession...a very incriminating recording of a conversation between him and Handjob that puts them both in for murder in Tokyo and in New York." I said.

"New York?" she said.

"You had a boyfriend...You two were engaged...He was murdered in an apparent robbery..Well it wasn't a robbery..It was planned...It was Handjob...on orders from Michael Chen...That's how he got you to come back to him...I suspect that that was the first or second of his murders.." I said.

She hung her head and for the first time...She began to cry...I held her in my arms...Her body,so soft...so round..so enticing...

She softly broke out of our embrace...she opened up her drawer and passed me a ledger.

"I took this from his condo while he was sleeping and made copies and then returned it.. It's a ledger....It has names and addresses and lists of payments of all of the businesses he is shaking down...The police here can use this to shut down his loan sharking and protection and money laundering racket..."she said.

"And you want that tape recording right?" I asked.

"Yes...Even exchange!"she said.

"Deal...either way....The criminal career of Michael Chen is over...I just want to be the one to deliver the bad news to him." I said smiling....

"I'm sure you do...Now go...So I can get dressed...A married man should not be in the room with woman clad only in a night shirt and panties.." she said with a wink...

I did need to get out of here..She was right...

IV-


I strolled into the tony little bar and grill some time later....Micheal Chen was holding court with two Black guys who I knew were drug dealers....Upon seeing me coming in my expensive and tailored suit..They got up and quietly left....Handjob was standing next to the booth where Micheal Chen was drinking a tumbler of coffee...There was an unopened bottle of water sitting in front of him...

I smiled..

"You Must be Mr. Michael Chen."I said.

''Who are you?" he asked.

"Handjob knows me well, Don't you Handjob?  Wow...You've got quite a shiner there and your cheek is swollen.."I said..

He went to lunge at me...I stepped back..

"Come on now...Let's not go there....You didn't fare so well the last time we danced.."I said.

"Who are you and what do you want?" snarled an exasperated Michael Chen..

"I represent some businessmen who have been making huge payments to you and one who refused...The payments are over...So don't send Handjob or anybody else to collect...Is that understood?"I said.

He smiled..He whispered...

"You just signed your death warrant....I'm tired of you interfering in my business..."he said...

"Oh I'm not interferring ,I'm just ending it.."I said.

Handjob went in his jacket pocket and pulled out a small caliber pistol...He cocked it and was about to aim it...When he was hit with a slug ,right between his eyes.....

"I don't believe it......I've been shot!" he said and fell to the ground....as dead as a door knob...

The crowd gasped.....

Michael Chen looked behind me with shock!!

"Jade!!!  Jade!!!" he said...

Jade was standing behind me with a .38 smokeless...She was just as lethal a shot as she was a martial artist...


"You bastard...you killed my father, my cousin and my boyfriend..."she said.

"No Jade...It wasn't me...It wasn't me...It was Handjob...He is the Black Dragon!!!!!!...When I found out it was him,I was shocked and appalled..."he said..

"Well, Hello Jade..You look as good in your clothes as you do out of them.."I remarked..

She smiled at me sheepishly...

"What is he talking about? Jade?? You didn't sleep with him did you?? JADE..."he asked.

"You're a murderer...and a liar...I hate you Michael.." she snarled..

"Jade...No...I love you...I love you...Everything I did..I did for you..I swear Jade...I swear...."he said, now crying uncontrollably..."

I looked behind me and I saw a familliar face...It was Lt. Sissy Van Buren..she had three uniformed policemen with her...

"Looks like I missed the party.."she said.

"Yeah...I'll tell you all about it...This here is Mr. Michael Chen, Loan Shark, and Money launderer as well as murderer." I said.

He was crying uncontrollably...and stomping his foot and banging his head on the table..

"JADE!   JADE! ..Jadddddddddddddddddddddeee! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" he screamed...still banging his head on the table and stomping his feet...

Jade looked at him with disgust!

"Hook Him up boys...and Thank you for your help Detective Lee...I see you've met my friend, Kevin.."said Sissy.

"Yes I have, He is every bit as good as you said he was Lt. Van Buren." she said smiling.

"You two know each other?" I said.

"Yes...She checked in with us ,when she came to town...and later she told us she discovered that you were shadowing her suspect..."laughed Sissy...

I just shook my head...

The police read Michael Chen his rights and led him away...blubbering and crying and asking Jade for forgiveness...

"Well Detective Lee...Once we are done with him...We'll make arrangements for him to be extradited to Tokyo to stand trial for murder.."said Sissy..
"Thank you both so much...."she said.

"Since we are all here...Let's have some coffee..My treat."I said...

Sissy ,Jade Lee and I sat down, ordered coffee and watched as the body of Handjob aka The Black Dragon was taken out on a stretcher...


It was a quiet and warm afternoon in early spring..

EPILOUGE-


I was back home resting in bed with Sepia...listening to her stomach....She rubbed my head...

"Hear anything?" she asked.

"No...nothing of consequence...I guess he or she is sleeping.."I said.

"She is sleeping."said Sepia..

"Huh?" I said.

"My curiosity got the best of me ,so I called Dr. Meadows...We are going to have a girl."she said.

"Oh WOW!!! That's ~MAJOR!!!" I said.

Sepia gave me a slow and sensuous kiss...

I stared at her....

"You're not disapointed are you? I know you wanted a boy.." she said.

"Disapointed? Nooooooo..As long as she's alive and healthy, what could I be disapointed about?" I said.

She smiled...

"I guess Mr. Saki and all of those business owners can breathe a sigh of relief now that Micheal Chen and the Black Dragon are gone huh?" she said.

"Yeah...and their pockets can breathe a sigh of relief too..Micheal Chen was a bully, He had a false sense of entitlement..The rich son of a gangster....In the end..he was telling the truth..He wasn't his father...He wasn't the man his father had been..And I guess that's a good thing."I said.

"Our daughter is going to be safe from the bullies of the world isn't she?"asked Sepia,kissing me again..

"Yes...as many of em as I can take down..."I said and smiled and rubbed my wife's pregnant belly again.



No comments: