Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Labor Pains

I was tired...It had been an interesting afternoon after all...I stripped down to my boxers and got in the bed next to Sepia....I put my arms around her...She was sleeping softly.....

Before I closed my eyes...I thought about the Anesthesiologist, Dr. Richard Bauer, putting unsuspecting women under and then having his way with them...What kind of man was he? How could he do this?  I had enough evidence against him, just with his past record alone to at least bring suspicion on him...Get the police to look at him...But I really didn't have time to invest in this...

My wife was hours from having our first child and I wasn't getting paid to look into this...It really wasn't my concern...But maybe I'd call Sissy and get her to keep her eyes open to this...

Some other time.....

I drifted off ....or did I?? Once again ,I heard footsteps outside of the door and an argument...

Hushed Whispers.....

"I warned you Richard...I warned you....That's two of my clients...Two of my clients...and that other one a month ago....Dr. Berg's client....You're done...That's it..You're fired!"

"You can't fire me...And plus, you have no proof!" said Richard Bauer....

"What I have is two women who claim they were sexually assaulted...Who woke up ,with their clothes off or in disaray...This last woman woke up nude!!"

"Did you see the knockers on her...My gooodnesss...How do you control yourself man?" he said..

"You think this is a joke...This is serious Richard....You're a rapist...you need help..I should have reported you the first time I walked in on you and Dr. Berg's patient!  "

"But you didn't...You watched....You got your jollies off watching.....Now you want to play Mr. Moral High ground....You got nothin...None of those women can Identify me..I left behind no clues...and if anything...they'll say THAT YOU assaulted them...They came to see you after all.."

"You..You're a monster..."

"Ahhh pipe down...You don't tell my secrets and I won't tell yours..."

"You've got to stop this Richard...."

"Yeah...yeah..yeah..."

I eased myself out of the bed and went to the door...Sure enough...Richard Bauer was the one who had had the conversation...

He had to be stopped..

II-


Sepia awoke.....

"Ouuuuu sweetie....ouuuuuu...I'm having contractions .....pains.....they're coming in...ouuuuuu...they're close....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." she moaned...

"This is it!! Huh? You're ready right?" I said excitedly....

''Could be!" she said.

"Let me call a doctor..."I said.

To my shock, who would appear at the door but Dr. Richard Bauer....He looked at my wife and had a peculiar grin on his face...

I was stunned...I wanted to smash his face...but I had to remain cool...

"She's having labor pains huh?" he asked.

"Yes...She needs a doctor..."I said.

"I'm an anesthesiologist.....perhaps I could put her under and she'd rest better."he said.

"What???" I said and looked at him strange...

"THAT WON'T BE NECESSARY!" came the voice of another doctor...

I looked relieved...

He looked at Sepia...

He pulled out his stethoscope and listened to her heartbeat....He then checked her pressure...

I noticed that Dr. Bauer had left....No easy sexual conquest for him here I suppose.

''Everything looks okay...I'm calling in a nurse...We are going to give you an epidermal Mrs. Morris...Everything is going to be alright..." he said and smiled.

A nurse came in and administered the epidermal and Sepia calmed down...I held her hand and smiled at her ...She finally relaxed and drifted off to sleep....

III-


While Sepia slept...I looked through the file I had built on the good doctor Bauer and at the addresses of the two women who had complained about being assaulted...

I decided to take another look at that room at the end of the hallway..

I wandered back down the hall....I opened the door and entered the room....I went through the trash can...I found what I was looking for...a loaded condom!  This guy was arrogant and  cocky...I collected it and put it in a plastic baggy...

I put it in the tunk of my car....As I was re-entering the hospital...I saw the woman who had awakened nude in the room just hours before...She was sitting in the lobby crying...


I sat down next to her...

"Miss...I know why you're crying." I said.

She looked at me like I was crazy....

"Go Away!"she said.

"You came here for a check up...A routine visit with your Gynecologist and you woke up naked and confused in your room right?" I said.

She looked at me with surprise....

"I walked past your room...I-I- Heard the two of you....My wife is in a room down the hall from you...She's having a baby...I saw it...He left the door open."I said.

"HE? HE WHO???  I didn't come here with my boyfriend....I-I-I.."she said.

I put my finger to her mouth...

"I know...I know...You were waiting for your doctor and the next thing you know, you were waking up and all your clothes were strown all over the floor...I know...I saw him...and not just with you...He had another woman today when I came in.."I said.

"WHATTTTT???" she said.

"There is a monster in here...He's an anesthesiologist....HE's done what he did to you before...At least two times....Nobody has been able to touch him because everybody has been drugged....The women wake up, they don't remember anything and since he uses a condom...There is no sperm in your system...But I'm going to stop him...But I need your help."I said.

"How can I help you?" she said still crying..

''Did the hospital do a rape kit on you?" I asked.

"Yes."she said.

"They didn't find sperm, but they should have found the spermicide used on most condoms...I'm thinking they overlooked it because they weren't looking."I said.

"You a cop?" she asked.

I pulled out my identification...

"I'm a private investigator....You are now my client....And this one is on the house...My name is Kevin Morris...I found the condom he used on you....I have it in my possession...If I'm right...It has your DNA and his on it and the spermicide...I don't know how to ask you this...but I'm going to need your panties...They have his DNA and yours on it too..."I said.

I showed her a photo of Dr. Bauer and the file I had drawn up on him...

"Wow ,you did all of this in just a few hours?  You're good at what you do." she said,smiling for the first time...

"That's what they tell me... I have a good friend...In the police department...I'm going to call her....I'll give her what I have and she'll take it from there...."I said...

She got up ...

"Excuse me...I'll be right back" she said.

She walked into the ladies room...She came back with a small paper bag...

"This is really strange...but for some reason...I-I believe you...You're the only one who has believed me all day."she said and handed me the paper bag...

I looked at her ,puzzled...

"My panties.."she said.

"Oh...Okay...."I said.

She wrote her number and her email address on a piece of paper..

"I'll be in touch.."I said.

"What about your wife? Isn't she about to have a baby?" she asked...

"Sure Is...I'm headed back to the room... He's not going to get away with this...I promise you..."I said.

She kissed me on the cheek...

"Thank you Mr. Kevin...My name is Denise...Denise Reynolds..." she said.

"I know that...Thanks Denise...Go on home and get some rest."I said.

IV-

I walked back to Sepia's room...She was up, She smiled when I walked in....

"Any more contractions?" I asked.

"Yes...This little girl is almost ready to come out...."she said...

"WOW!" I said...

"You've been busying yourself...What have you been doing? Just walking up and down the hallways?" she asked laughing...

"Yeah, something like that...Being newsy..."I said.

Sepia smiled so sweetly....I peered over at her and looked out the window...Night was approaching...I wanted to protect her and my daughter to be from men like Bauer...
I was going to spend the rest of my life doing just that, I pledged.



(TO BE CONTINUED)

7 comments:

Grover Tha Playboy said...

This is the second woman who has willingly given Kevin her panties for evidence....He ought to write a book!-LMAO!

Brenda said...

I THOUGHT THIS INSTALLMENT WAS SWEET...

Tate 2 said...

I was wondering when Sissy ,Carlotta and the detectives would show up...Kevin was working this case by himself up until now.

Toni said...

Good story...Sissy and Carlotta can take it from here..I'm ready to see that baby...

Angie B. said...

Kevin,Sissy and Carlotta are gettin ready to take the good doctor down...I can't wait...

Can't wait to see Kevin and Sepia's baby too!

Sunflower said...

This is a nice little story so far..

Halo said...

This was such a sweet story..Love Kevin and Sepia's relationship..Also his relationship with Sissy and Carlotta too!