Friday, April 18, 2014

You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Really Gone!


In the coming weeks, I became almost obsessed with finding out what happened to ADA Warren "Red" Granger...

I talked to his wife constantly...There was no sign of him....No activity on any of his credit cards or debit cards, which we had in our possession.. No activity on his bank account....

We had the only car he was known to own in our possession...It just didn't make sense that a man could vanish into thin air...but it appeared that he had...

To keep myself busy ,I threw myself into work...I took over his case load on the now deceased Russian Mobster, Breezy, who he was looking at hard before his death...

FBI Special Agent, Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins and Detectives, Edwin "Duke "Baylor and Sirena Pile helped me and Sissy compile profiles on 52 of Breezy's operatives, still at large and still terrorizing the neighborhood...
I got warrants and wiretap orders and we sent plain clothes policemen into their areas as well as FBI undercovers...

They weren't as smooth and clever as Breezy....and within days...my wife, Detective Carlotta Rodriguez Wallace, Detective Tyriq Pile,Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor , Detective James Barlow ,aided by Detective Sirena Pile and Detective Antonio Hopkins, led uniformed police officers into bars, pool halls, churches even and scooped up all 52 men, plus about 30 lower on the podium gangsters...

I prosecuted them all with the help of three other ADA's and sent them all away for lengthy stays...It was a nice memorial to a friend.....but it wasn't enough!

II-
 Detective Jimmy Barlow had a C.I. in Breezy's old neighborhood...A C.I. who had a problem...He was facing a year in jail on a drug bust and he couldn't afford to go...He  had just started a new job....He was anxious to talk..
He didn't want to be seen leaving with Jimmy...So even though I didn't like it..I sent Carlotta to the bar....
She wasn't black....A black woman like Sissy or Sharon or Sirena would have spelled cop in that neighborhood..Carlotta was Puerto Rican....I was hoping that that long hair and slight accent would get her over...It did!!!

Jimmy's C.I. left with her after drinking a few vodkas and it looked innocently like he had gotten lucky...

''God your wife is hot" He said to me when he arrived at the police station.

I smiled ruefully!

So when he got to our suite...He thought he'd hit the jackpot when he saw Sissy sitting in the fishbowl..

''Oh My God...There is nothing but hot women on this police force." he said..

Sissy smiled ruefully!
Sissy rarely ,if ever sat in here....That was reserved for her detectives..and their suspect...Today, she felt as if she could finese this guy into talking...Telling us what we needed to know..I was too obsessed, too emotional about this to grill him...She made the correct call.

His name was Vladmar IIlaych....a small time pot dealer...This was his second bust and he most assuredly was headed to jail...

Before Sissy said a word...He said-

"Look...I finally got a good paying job...with benefits...and I just found a nice apartment...I don't have to sell pot and meth anymore...This is an old bust they bringing me up on...Come on...Cut me some slack..."he said.

"If you can help us...I can put in a good word for you with Narcotics, with a judge or two and with an ADA.."said Sissy...

He looked around...then he began to talk..

"I never was high up enough on the totem pole to actually deal with Breezy or Yuri directly....but guys that you might call, middle guys often drank with me and they would talk...I heard some things...."he said..

"Like What?"said Sissy...

"That DA guy....the one that disapeared....He was leaning on Breezy pretty heavy...Not just Breezy, but his main guys....Yuri has a place...a small cottage right outside Bayside City....He was up there one weekend with one of his girls and he sees The DA guy up there in a bar with one of HIS WOMEN!! Well once he tells Breezy this..They realize they got a hand to play against him...So they set him up with a girl and they took pictures of them....They more or less told him to lay off or they were going to ruin him publicly...He was paying them for about five months and he did lay off....Then Breezy's brother in law got indicted...for messin with those girls...It was high profile,but he was told to lay off of that too....and they was goosin him for more money....He had enough...He refused to pay anymore and he went after them harder...
That's when the contract was put out on him...The day he vanished ...He was hiding, He was running....He had no idea that his hiding place was also Yuri's...." he said.

Sissy smiled...

"Most of what you've told me...We already knew..Except about Yuri's property...Do you know for a fact that Yuri killed him?" she asked.

"That's what the talk on the street was...That Yuri followed him to Bayside City and clipped him.." he said.

"We were up in Bayside City....We dragged that river...we couldn't find anything.."she said.

"My guess is that he'd bury him on his property....That's uh just my guess." he said.

Sissy looked at me through the window...

I nodded...

"If we find his remains...You have a get out of jail free card...Anything below a Felony..you hear me?" she said.

"Yes" he said...

"You are officially retired from the drug business, Do I make myself clear?  If I get word you're selling pot or meth...I'll put you down myself."said Sissy.....

" I got it...You won't hear anymore from me...I'm goin straight. Thank you Lieutenant Van Buren..."he said.

III-

We found Yuri's land and his cottage....We knocked the cottage down and we had a team dig up his entire property....

Sissy, Carlotta, Sharon and Sirena stayed with Lydia, Red's widow...

Meanwhile..Hazel and I  stood at ground zero with the search crew, courtesy of The FBI and Detectives, Edwin "Duke" Baylor, Tyriq Pile, Jimmy Barlow and Tony Hopkins...Eddie C.  ,though not a cop came along with us...to help in the search...

It took most of the day...but just before sundown...We found human remains!!!!!

''Keith...We got somethin."said Eddie C.

''Over here man."said Duke.

We had DNA samples from his family with us....His wife Lydia, identified his suit jacket and his wrist watch... We had dental records and everything....It took a little over two hours before Hazel announced that she had positively identified the remains of Warren "Red" Granger...He had two slugs from a .22 in his head...He had probably died quick...Probably had no idea that Yuri had been on him...

Lydia, surprisingly was very stoic...We had not told her about the prostitute or the fact that he was being blackmailed  or the other woman...All we told her was that his life was in danger...That these Russian mobsters had a contract out on him and he fled so that she would not be in any danger..It was bad enough that her husband was dead....No need to destroy his reputation too!

She laughed.....

''Red was such a jokester....He wasn't perfect....He had a wandering eye...but he always came home to me....He'd always say -"You're gonna miss me when I'm  Really gone...and now...he really is gone..and I miss him....I miss him so much..."she wailed....Sissy ,Sharon, Hazel,Sirena and Carlotta held her and walked her back to the van...

Duke and Tyriq stood with me...



"Red was a fighter...He was one of the good guys...He might not of been perfect...but few of us is...He didn't let Breezy and his crew bully him....I'm glad we took em down for him."said Duke..

"Me too...I'd been trying to get Breezy and Yuri as far back as when Top and me was in Robbery-Homicide and Sirena tried to put a tag on him too when she was in Special Investigations." said Tyriq.

I smiled...

Duke patted me on the back....

"It's over Keith....The good guys won this one..."

"Yeah man...This one!   This one was for you Red."I said ,looking up at the sky...

EPILOUGE-

We were home..Carlotta took off her shoes and her skirt and got out of her pantyhose...I watched her undress and just smiled..

She knew I was watching her undress...She put on a night shirt and a thong and sat on my lap on the side of the bed...

I had on my slacks and nothing else....I held her tight , but said nothing...

"You are mighty quiet tonight."she said...

"Tired...This was a baffling case.."I said.

"Yes...but it's over...and we are home.."she said.

"You're right...Time to put it to bed and move on."I said...

"Ouuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhh.."she moaned...She looked at me sheepishly....

I smiled...

"Oh My goodness...I guess you are back to normal...Horny!"she said laughing...

We kissed passionately....eventually we stood up and she unbuckled my pants....they slowly dropped to the ground....

She softly fondled my now growing erection......

"You are  just irresistable."I moaned.

''Silly." she said in between more kisses.

 She stared at me deeply,intensely and then kissed me slowly and softly....

 Ouuuuuu," she moaned....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." I moaned as I began to kiss her deeper, more passionately...still rubbing her legs and squeezing her hips and buttocks..

I then took one of her breasts in my mouth and began to suck it lightly...She moaned....and looked away....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....papi don't stopp...don't stopppppp!" she moaned....

"ohhhhh, ..."I groaned.

''Ayyye mios dios..." she said...

We continued kissing....

I stepped out of my trousers...

I stared at the window.......I saw Red Granger smiling sheepishly and walking away....

"Did you see something?" said Carlotta ,momentarily stopping...

"Huh?" I said.

"You looked like you saw something...or someone!"she said.

I again stared at the window.......I saw Red Granger smiling sheepishly and walking away....smiling....as he would do whenever he saw me and Carlotta together at the office....He was free now...He could rest in peace!!! His ghost soon slowly vanished into the horizon.....

"You don't believe in ghosts do you Carlotta?" I said in between more kisses..

"Nope." she said and we continued kissing...

I missed my friend too...Now that he was really gone!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY DAMN PANTIES TO THE SKY!