Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Geisha Girl


The next afternoon my doorbell rang...It was my good friend...Walter "Kool Kat" Jones...at one time a feared enforcer on the streets...now my most trusted lieutenant...and friend.

"What's good wit ya partner?" he said.

"Not this latest case...Got a whole lottta nothin." I said.

"Maybe not...Get your coat....Let's take a ride." he said.

If Kool Kat was telling me to take a ride...I know he had found something..

I kissed Sepia and told her I was going for a ride with Walter and we left..

We stopped in front of a dusty looking storefront.....I looked at Kool Kat.....

"What is this?" I asked.

"Despite how it looks on the outside...It's a private club..It's a private club."he said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because it's my business to know." he said.

I didn't question him further...Kool Kat's ear was closer to the streets than even mine...People would talk to him that might not talk to me without physical persuasion...The big man's fierce rep and his imposing presence was enough for most..

''Your Boy, Michael Chen drinks there...and that is where he handles his not so savory business...I saw him talking to two well known drug dealers last night and shaking hands with them." he said.

"Wait...You saw...How did you see this?" I asked.

"Because I was in there...you gotta see this joint...It's pretty nice." he said.

"How did you get in?" I asked.

"I walked in." he said.

"Huh??" I said...

"Who is going to tell ME no?" he asked quietly..

I smiled...

"Guess you got a point big man."I laughed.

"You been trailing him and looking into his public persona...Nothing on the record books is gonna tell you about this place...I asked around and I found out that he conducts business here, away from the public eye...Come on..Let's go in." he said.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yeah...he's in there....He don't know you...He don't know you're looking into him..Let's just go in and get a drink and watch and listen.." he said and smiled.

"Lead the way kools."I said and followed him in.

II-


The inside was beautiful...a modern bar with a huge crowd of Blacks,Whites,Latinos and Asians...drinking, laughing, talking and getting lap dances from the many beautiful exotic Asian dancing girls....

"This joint is called the Geisha Girl ...Your boy slips in here maybe two times a week..
He's usually with that cool charactor there next to him..." said Kool Kat pointing to a tall man.

A tall athleticly built man stood next to him...He had a scar on his left cheek...And his face was swollen as though he had recently been in a fight...

Three well dressed Latinos sat with him...they passed him two envelopes...He in turn passed it to the athletically built man next to him and he vanished into the crowd...
They had drinks and they left...The athletically built man returned a few minutes later.

Three well dressed Black guys sat with him...Same thing..they passed him two envelopes...He in turn passed it to the athletically built man next to him and he vanished into the crowd... They had drinks and they left...And like before,...The athletically built man returned a few minutes later.

"I wish I knew where they were taking that money."I said.

"The basement....I suspect there is a counting room down there...Me and Owen was watchin this joint...We saw a truck load of women get out of a bus...They took their clothes off...except for bra and panties and got marched down into the basement of this joint..The only reason they would be doing that is that they are either cutting up drugs or counting money...I doubt that he would be cutting up drugs...So these babes are counting money in the basement."said Kool Kat.

"No way to get in that basement is it?" I asked.

"I doubt it...This spot is open 24 /7 and heavily guarded." said Kool Kat.

"How bout if we fished a girl inside to plant a tracking device?" I asked.

"Forget it...If she aint Asian..She aint gettin in...That's all that's goin in...Asian babes and they comin out at 6:00 in the mornin."said Kool Kat.

"Damn it...Got to be another way in."I said.

"What do you think Kev?" asked Kool Kat.

"Those guys he's talkin to...I recognize some of them...They're all drug boys....Middle managers...He's laundering money for them...Dirty money and getting his cut off the top in advance..."I said.

I had used a small micro-camera Peeping Tom had given me and snapped photos of it...

"This is where his real business takes place Kev..He's a broker...He's laundering so much cash, that he needs more legitimate businesses to launder the cash through....He's in the laundry business and the protection rackets...All this is funneled into whatever legitimate business he has...It's damn near impossible to follow the money trail...You're not going to get much from those joints you got bugged."said Kool Kat..

"I need a way in..He probably doesn't talk on the phone either...Everything is face to face."I said.

"Yup...He's not even on the cops radar.."said Kool Kat.

"You think he owns this joint?" I asked.

"Oh of course...but like the others...It's not in his name..The owner probably pays him every so often just like the others...With nothing in his name...Nothing comes back to him." said Kool Kat.

"Smart guy." I said.

"Yeah...he reminds me of Chris Thompson , when he was in the game and Basil Robinson...Those guys always stayed under the wire until they quit the biz...Few people get to do that...Eddie C., your friend, Sissy's boyfriend was almost like that,but he got knocked in the end."said Kool Kat.

While Kool Kat and I were sitting and talking and drinking, a beautiful young woman entered the bar and sat near us..She ordered a drink..

Upon seeing her, Michael Chen's eyes lit up.....He got up...He motioned for his bodyguard to stay back...He walked over to the bar...

"Jade?   Jade Lee?  Is that you?" he said....He seemed star struck..

"Michael...."she said..

"Jade....."he said longingly....

"Micheal..it has been a long time."she said.

"I haven't seen you since we both went to Penn."he said.

"Like I said...it's been a long time...I went back to Okinawa after Penn to take care of my father..."she said.

"How is your father?" he asked.

"He's dead...He was murdered, just like my cousin was in Tokyo recently by the Black Dragon...but you know that don't you?"she said.

"Jade...You don't believe those stories about the Black Dragon do you? That's rumors..Superstition, tales made up by frightened old men.." he said.

"Men frightened by your father....The Black Dragon was your father's personal assasain..Everybody knows that."she spat..

"Jade...please....I am not my father....Those stories were never proven...just street stories,urban legends....My father was not a gangster...just a shrewd and tough business man..."he said.

"Like you?" she said.

"No..I am nothing like my father...I am different..I told you that....I told you that when I asked you to marry me....Remember....I'm no gangster...I've done not one day of time in my life...I'm a successful commodities broker...Nothing more.."he said.

She said no more..

"Jade...What are you doing in Philly?" he asked.

"Just visiting some old friends..."she said.

"I'm an old friend...I used to be.." he said.

Kool Kat and I looked at each other and smiled...Perhaps I had a way in...

III-

That night in the basement of my office, Morris Communications in the offices of Morris Investigations, Kool Kat, Owen Todd, Clerow,Peeping Tom ,Lockpick Johnson and Sean Jackson got an eye full on our video screen...Michael Chen took Jade Lee back to his condo...

Inside Michael Chen's condo...he and Jade tossed off thier shoes and he eased Jade up against the wall and began kissing her passionately...She returned his  passion....his shirt went to the floor as he continued kissing her and she continued kissing him...He hastily unzippered her dress and slipped it off....She unzippered his trousers and he hurriedly stepped out of them....She held his erect penis in her hands...They hadn't even bothered to close the front door...

"Close your front door,Michael we don't want everyone seeing us" she exclaimed...as he unhooked her bra and began sucking on her breasts.....he took his foot and kicked the door shut.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Michael!....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned as he slipped her panties down ......

"Ohhhhh jade...I've waited so long for this,...oh my GOD!...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."he moaned

He thrusted his tongue practically down her throat and while squeezing one breast with his hand...With his other hand he pulled out a condom...She helped him tear open the wrapper....he slipped it on and lifted her up and positioned her on top of him as he entered her and began thrusting away...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH me love you soooo longggg" she screamed as he continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.......

"Ohhhhh Jade....Jade......JADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned, oblivious to the world..



"Well at least they practice safe sex." laughed Clerow as Lockpick Johnson, Kool Kat,Owen Todd and Sean Jackson guffawed with laughter...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH me love you soooo longggg" she screamed as he continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.......

"Ohhhhh Jade....Jade......JADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love you soooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu." he moaned...

Kool Kat slapped his thigh and cracked up laughing...So Did Owen Todd, Lockpick Johnson ,Peeping Tom ,Clerow and Sean Jackson...

"Don't you make noises like that Kool Kat?" laughed Sean Jackson...

"Nah man...I'm a quiet,smooth kind of lover.." he joked...

"Lyin ass...I've walked past your house in the summer and you be hollerin Chelsea's name."said Owen Todd...

At that, Even I laughed...

Kool Kat laughed too and pointed at Owen....

"But I got someone's name to holler..."he said...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, score." went Clerow..

While they were busy laughing and joking...I had been busy doing a work up on one Jade Lee...

Like Micheal Chen, She had been born on an Air Force Base in Japan...To Japanese parents who had given her up for adoption...She had been educated in American schools and had graduated from the University of Penn with honors...She had gone on and gotten a J.D. and was a very successful corporate lawyer..

She ,like Michael Chen had residences in Tokyo,New York City and here in Philadelphia.

I had to find out the connection between them....I was in luck...She graduated from law school with a good friend of mine...Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander... I hadn't seen Livy in awhile..Tomorrow was as good a time as ever to see her.

IV-


Attorney Olivia Bennett -Alexander and her sexy niece, Attorney, Beverly West met with me the next day at Sam Mother's diner.....

''It's not everyday  big time attorneys like you two like you agree to meet with me at Sam Mother's Diner.."I said as we all ordered Fatburgers and Fries and a Milk shake..

''Oh Hush up Kevin...I love this place...I've been eating here since I was in the public defender's office."she said.

"Hi Mr. Kevin." said Beverly... I smiled at her as the three of us took a seat in a booth...

Olivia was a cute  and petite woman , who felt as at home chowing down on a Fatburger as she did Prime Rib in a Tony establishment....My kind of woman...I watched her eat and I smiled..

Her niece ,Beverly was just as cute and petite...and equally at home... They were big deal attorneys now,but before all of that...they had both been West Philly homegirls...

''So..tell me about Jade Lee.."I said.
"She and her cousin Chou Lee attended law school with me...They were both brilliant students...Michael Chen was a year ahead of us...He was smitten with Jade from the time he first met her at an outdoor cafe...He followed her around, he called her constantly, he sent her flowers and he practically begged...I used to feel sorry for him...She gave him a hard time for about two years..and then Michael and her cousin got in good with each other and gradually he began breaking her down...She went out with him...They began dating seriously and on the eve of his graduation he asked her to marry him."said Olivia..

"Wow! "I said.

"She turned him down..Said she had a job offer in New York..."said Olivia..

"Let me guess...He followed her.."I said.

"Yeah, a year later...but she had another boyfriend by now and it was serious.."said Olivia..

'What happened?"I said.

''He was murdered..A street hold up..." said Olivia...

Hmmmmm,I thought...

"Jade moved back here ,moved in with Michael....For awhile, she and Michael were happy....Then she found out about Michael's father and his gangster past....Then her father got sick in Japan and she left Michael again..to return to Japan and see about her father....Within a year..Her father was murdered...Just senseless violence.."said Olivia..

Hmmmmm,I thought...
"You've got that look my husband gets when he's on to something...You don't think that Michael was behind these deaths do you?"said Olivia...

"Uhhh no..no..who said that?" I lied...

Olivia shook her head and smiled..

"Even if that was the case...how would you prove it?" she asked..

"You're right...I couldn't."I said...."Thanks for the story. Ladies...it was a pleasure" I said, taking their checks from them....


"Thanks for lunch...Tell Sepia, we all said hi and we wish her the best." said Olivia..as she and Beverly got up and headed for the door.

"I'll do that." I said smiling...

(DEFINITELY TO BE CONTINUED)

13 comments:

Swaggie said...

Wow! This is really good...Vintage Kevin...I am totally lovin this story!

Tate 2 said...

Nice! Nice seeing Olivia and Beverly in this story...This guy has a pretty slick operation going and I have to say..I don't see Kevin taking this guy down anytime soon...Is he going to be a recurring villian?

Grover Tha Playboy said...

This Jade charactor looks interesting...I suspect that there is more to her than meets the eye..

James Perkins said...

This is classic Kevin...A new playa, A slick one at that..Can't wait to see how all this plays out!

Toni said...

This is good Keith...It's got me on the edge of my seat!

Angie B. said...

Good to see Kevin and Kool Kat working together...I have to say this is pretty good..Ninjas ,Chinese gangsters...
Loving this storyline.

Sunflower said...

I have to admit...This is one of your best stories this year...It is indeed vintage Kevin..

Lisa said...

Great storyline so far...Eagerly awaiting the next installment!

Halo said...

This is very good...I like the fact that this is a pure Kevin story..and that Sissy ,Carlotta and her detectives don't seem to be involved...Not that I don't like them...I do...But I like to see Kevin and his friends conduct an investigation on their own.

Vanessa said...

Lovin this storyline..Can't wait to read the next!

Brenda said...

This is the best Kevin story you've written this year..Love it!

Cheryl said...

Haven't commented in awhile,but I have been reading...It was a nice touch adding Olivia and Bev in a little cameo..

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties to the rafters...That sex scene was hotttttttt!!!