Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Junkyard Doggie!


When you want to find street people..you go to street people. I was having breakfast with my friends, Chess,Chris Thompson and Donald Smooth and I brought up the "Jamaican" shooter I was looking for with the British accent.

"Damn Kevin...you sure know how to get mixed up with some rough charactors.
but hell, anybody with the nuts to take down Malik Lockjohn can mix with anybody."said Chess, who was sipping on a tumbler of Orange Juice and laughing.

"I know who you're looking for...He aint Jamaican...He's from the U.K. His name is Covington, Barrington Covington...He's a stick up man...a damn good one too! He stuck me up one time!" added Chris Thompson, who was himself a one time drug kingpin...He kept what he did such a secret that only a select few people ever knew...He was no longer in the game as they called it..but he still knew everything and everyone who was worth knowing in the street.

"He stuck you up?" I asked.

"Yeah..He took me for 40g's one night.. I usually don't carry that kind of money on me..I was going to put it in my safe in my safehouse and he come up on me
and said-"Give it up love..I know who you are and I know what you are." I gave it up..I couldn't report it..." said Chris.

"Mannn, talk about mad...Chris had me and my associates turnin the city upside down for close to a year lookin for that dude. He's hard to pin down...Got no known address. I had him cornered once..We even shot it out...but he got away." said Donald "Smooth"

"He's robbed Fathead about three times...Always caught him coming out of that
strip club he frequents...hahahah,man, Fathead still has an open contract out on him...Anybody that can locate him will get a cool million...Maybe you should be workin for Fathead Kevin..I know he'll pay more than your guy." said Chess, who was laughing ,along with Smooth and Chris at the story of how many times Fathead Newton had been stuck up!

"Speakin of my guy..any of you ever heard of a Eddie Gold?" I asked.
Chess and Donald Smooth shrugged their shoulders, they hadn't..but Chris Thompson smiled...
"Yeah,I know him..Used to work at the Holden Joint...Used to sell for me too...until he got shot....He was in a coma for a year..I thought he was going to die..but he recovered and he's up and movin around..I hear he's a lightweight playa up in South Philly...He's like me, reall low key...but he was always a little weird..."said Chris.

"Weird Like how?" I asked.

"With women...I know two girls used to run with him...You mention his name and they get real quiet, like they was scared of him or somethin..I don't know.
That's who you workin for huh? Let me guess..Barrington Stuck him up too huh and now he wants some get back huh? Hahahahahaha, good luck Kev..but listen to me..If you find that Junkyard Doggie...just make a call...He aint no joke..He will kill you just as soon as look at you..be very careful holmes!" said Chris.

"I will" I said as I got up...I tossed enough money on the counter to pay for allof their meals."

'Heyyy thanks man!" they all said in unison..

"No thank you for your information." I said as I left the diner and headed for my car.

I drove to Lt.Sissy Van Buren's office over at Philadelphia Homicide and talked to her about Mr. Covington. She had a Photo of him and a list of his last known addresses..She showed me his rap sheet ,which was long...Armed Robberies mostly and a few assaults...He had done time in the State Pen twice and one short stint in the Federal Prison system..Of course she wanted to know why I was interested in him and I couldn't tell her...She accepted this and I accepted the fact that should he turn up dead..I'd be her number one suspect. I would worry about that when the time came.

Next I paid my friend, FBI Special Agent, Frank Cotton a visit. He had even more information on Mr. Covington....It appears that we shared the same birthday. Same day, same year! He had come to Philly from London, when he was 17 and was in one scrape after another for years...Surprisingly, he had become a naturalized U.S. Citizen and had gotten married recently. The FBI suspected that he had paid someone off. He wasn't currently wanted for anything , but he was a person of interest.

'He robs Drug dealors mostly Kevin or other criminals..the types that can't report being robbed...He's in more danger from that element than he is from law enforcement." said Agent Cotton.

Before I left, I gave him Eddie Gold's cell phone number.

"What's this for?" He asked.

"I need you to run this for me...I want to know where he lives and anything about him you can give me." I said.

"Okay..but you're running out of favors Kevin." he said.

"Yeah,I know..but I need information on this guy." I said.

"Okay...I'll run it and let you know what I got." he said.

I had made a lot of headway in just one day...I decided to go home and see what my wife was up to.

I know that I was working for Eddie Gold, but he seemed to be just as dangerous as Barrington Covington...At least I knew that the Junkyard Doggie was a stick up man..I wasn't quite sure what to make of Eddie Gold.

(To be Continued.....)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhhh A Londoner!!! I like it.

Swaggie said...

I'm liking this Keith!

Toni said...

This sounds pretty good Keith...

James Perkins said...

Barrington Covington huh? A Stick up man, robs drug dealors !! Sounds a lot like Omar from the wire, but I know that you're going to put atwist to him that makes him completely different. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.
What's the deal with Eddie Gold??

Simon Bastion said...

This sounds like a great story..I like the way it's unfolding.

Sunflower said...

This is unfolding nicely...And so far with no violence..I'm surprised. I know that the action is coming.Can't wait.

Angie B. said...

Both of these guys seem dangerous..I hope Kevin knows what he's doing.

Brenda said...

Kevin seems drawn to situations that could end in disastor...I would love to be his therapist.Great Story developing though.

Tate2 said...

I'm digging this man...You keep me hungering for more!

Jazzy said...

I'm lovin this storyline Fam!

Sean said...

Keith ,this storyline is very intriguing..I suspect there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Cheryl said...

Breathlessly waiting for the next peice of the puzzle.

Anonymous said...

My panties are wet!!

Lisa said...

I can feel that this is building up to something major..I'm really enjoying this.

Halo said...

I'm really liking this. It's got my adrenalin flowing.

Vanessa said...

A Stick Up Man and a mysterious guy who wants revenge on him...You can't ask for a better caper. I'll see you at midnight for the next part Keith.

Captain Jack said...

Great story, Great Premise too..Can't wait until the next installment.

Sean said...

Once Again..Another imaginative and great effort Keith.

Anonymous II said...

Oh to have your imagination Keith!
Great story..As for your other anonymous poster....Is there anything written that doesn't get her moist or inspire her to throw her drawers up in the air?? She needs a man..badly!