Saturday, October 17, 2009

Can't Have Your Cake


You know girl
that we can't keep dealing with each other
this way.
Girl you must know
that I'm through talking..
is there something more that feel you have to say?/

You can't have your cake
and eat it too!
be sure you're not
making a mistake..
make sure you know what you gotta do...
You can't have my love
and then dis me on the sly...
because when push comes to shove
and it will..
then I'll be saying bye -bye..../

You say you don't consider me your man
but you got uptight when you saw me
talkin to Fran..
You say that I'm just one of your many friends,
yet you question me about what time I got in...
and why I didn't return your text or phone call...
still,I'm just an "associate", that's all.
If you want me exclusively
you gotta let me know...
I've got to see your true feelings show./

You can't have your cake and eat it too..
you're headed for a rude awakening so what are you
gonna do?/

You know
I can't get down like this
with you any longer...
think of the happiness
you might blow
if you refuse to show me something stronger..../

You can't have your cake
and eat it too...
you're heading for a big heartbreak...
so baby, don't be a fool./

17 comments:

Sunflower said...

Nice Poem as usual!

Anonymous said...

Nothing to make me toss my panties
but still a nice poem just the same.

Toni said...

I liked this Keith!

Angie B. said...

What a nice poem!

Brenda said...

Your poetry is as visual as your
stories.

Cheryl said...

Your poems always tell a story..I like that about them!

Lisa said...

Very Lyrical and visual Keith,Me likes!

Halo said...

Me likey!-:)

Vanessa said...

I liked this Keith! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Jazzy said...

Cool Poem Fam!

Captain Jack said...

Lovely !

Grover Tha Playboy said...

This was smooth fam...Now I'm ready for a caper..either Kevin or Chess!

Sean said...

Nice Keith!

Swaggie said...

Nice work as usual...Stay dry fam!

Tate2 said...

I swear man, you're in my head...sounds like some things I was going through.

James Perkins said...

Good Work, Try to stay warm and dry this weekend!

Simon Bastion! said...

Nice Poem as is to be expected!