Saturday, October 24, 2009

From Where To Eternity!


Later that very same morning...I was coming out of my house to get in my car ,when Eddie Gold drove up in his car.

"Heyyy man..I was just getting ready to hit you up on the phone." I said.

"Get in" said Eddie.

"What? Let me go to my car..you can follow me." I said.

"Get in..I'm not gonna ask you again." said Eddie Gold.

"What?" I said.

He stuck a pistol out the window and aimed it at me...I knew he wasn't playing..so I got in.

"Now...you say you know where the Junkyard Dog is..Take me to the spot and if you been jerkin me around....I aint gonna be happy." He said.

"What is this about?" I said.

"Man...I'm hot...I tried to go to my house and a slew of coppers were already there kicking in my door." he said.

Damn that Agent Server and the Feds...They were supposed to wait, I thought to myself..They
jumped the damn gun and now I was in a situation in which I had no control.

"It aint you man...I got in a little trouble last night, they probably on me about that....I gotta get out of town..but I aint leaving til I settle things with that damn Junkyard Doggie." he said.

"Man ,is it worth all that? Why don't you just split and we'll call it even..why you just gotta get at him? " I said. "Get him some other time...a year from now when things aint so hot" I said.

" Nah, the trail will be cold again in a year ..It's principle with me man....we got a score to settle that goes way back, him an me....That cat shot me..and because of him, I can barely get around...He gotta pay for that!" said Eddie.

I took him to the house where I saw Barrington Covington and we sat and waited. I wondered just what the FBI was busy doing at this point...Probably ransacking his house..probably finding enough evidence in that back room to formally charge him with three homicides....None of that was doing me any good right now.

"He livin pretty large.....Who woulda thunk it? He must have taken down a lot of players...Sheeeeeet, when I off him...I'll be a hero...You can't know how many people want this guy dead Kevin." laughed Eddie...

Actually , I did.....and then some..Fathead , Chris Thompson and Donald Smooth had no love for him...and I know that players like the Diaz Brothers , who controlled most of Northern Liberties and Southside Johnny hated him just as much.

Eddie passed me an envelope..I opened it...It had 15g's in it.

"Wow.." I said, counting the money and suddenly feeling a little different about him.. but not much, thinking again about what he had done to those girls.

"Alright..When he shows up..I want you to get out of the car and walk in the opposite direction...You hear me?" said Eddie Gold...

"Yeah man..but uh..like, how am I supposed to get home?" I asked..

"Kevin, you got 15 grand in an envelope there...call a goddamn cab." he said.

A little over an hour later...I saw Barrington Covington walking down the street
alone..gingerly smiling...I nodded my head at Eddie..

"That's him eh? wow...the years been good to him...Okay Kevin...this is goodbye..get out and start walking." he said... I did as I was told and began walking in the opposite direction...I heard Eddie get out of the car and begin walking toward Barrington..

I ducked down behind a parked car...

"Well, well..welllll...we meet again Junkyard Doggie.." sneered Eddie as he pulled out his large pistol...

"Eddie Gold.....I knew we'd meet again....I knew it as sure as the sun comes up in da morning guvnor...So tell me love....have you gotten any better with the ladies or you still disapointin em." he laughed...

"Whyyyy youuuuu...." snapped Eddie Gold as he fired six shots in repitition at the swift moving Junkyard Dog... He ran and ripped his sawed off shotgun out and let fly with several bursts..
He sprayed the streets with shotgun blasts and people went running ,screaming and ducking down.. Eddie ducked between cars firing at the ever moving Barrington...His wife came out of the house in her nightgown..her nicely shaped hips and breasts there for everyone to see...Screaming and shouting for them to stop...then smartly choosing to run back inside and close the door.

Barrington let fly with another blast from his shotgun that destroyed the back window of Eddie's
Car and then fired another blast that sent Eddie running... Eddie reloaded and came out shooting, sending a volley of bullets Barrington's way...Barrington dove between two large dumpsters and then came out blasting...

The protracted urban street war between these two bad men went on like that for close to thirty
minutes and not a cop showed up! Then everything got eerily quiet! I knew that neither of them
had been hit. Maybe they had both ran out of bullets and were quietly planning to retreat.
Nothing could be further from the truth...I looked up and I saw a figure moving toward the opposite end of the avenue...Eddie must have looked up and seen what I saw..Barrington was retreating....Just like the night before with Fathead....He didn't enjoy gunfighting..he prefferred just to get the drop on his man and take his cash or revenge.

Eddie ducked behind a parked car and fired two rounds at Barrington ,who again was moving like a panther...Eddie ran into the streets and fired at Barrington, hitting him in his sides and in his back.....

''Arrrrggghhhh.....you bloodclot....you bloody wanker.." screamed Barrington as he let fly with a shotgun blast that knocked Eddie off of his feet and tossed him
over the side of a parked car and spilled him onto the pavement....Barrington was hit badly himself and he collapsed on his steps, trying to get inside his house perhaps...In what was supreme irony, both men wound up laying almost side by side in their own blood.... Barrington was face down, but still squirming...to no avail....Eddie was grimacing in pain and moaning.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....I don't believe it.....I've been shottttt...ohhhhhhhh." screamed Eddie as he lie on the ground, bleeding profusely from his stomach.. Then he looked upward as if he could see something that no one else could and was perfectly still... Barrington turned himself over, but he
too lie still, just coughing up blood and making a gurgling sound....I ran over to both of them...
Freda Covington ,now dressed, ran down the steps and cradled Barrington's head in her arms..
She was weeping silently and shaking..I wanted to say something, but I ,like the two men was speechless.

Within minutes, The Police and the ambulances arrived....Both men were lying in pools of their own blood. Eddie Gold was a lost cause..He was dead on arrival!

Barrington's wife was screaming and holding her husband's head in her arms as
the EMT workers put his body on a stretcher..He just stared at everyone without
saying a word...as they pulled off from the bloody street scene... The pavement was filled with blood and blood ran down the steps of Barrington's house and into the street...It was a mess!

FBI Agents Cotton and Server arrived shortly after....Agent Server was sick with the news that Eddie Gold was dead.

"Why didn't you wait for me to call you? You raided his house before I could set him up..I was going to give you both of them...Alive!" I said..

"I'm sorry...I just couldn't wait...I had him...We found clothing that belonged to all three dead girls in his house...We found DNA on the clothing...everything..
We had indictments on him for all three murders...Philly PD had a warrant out on him for a murder committed last night of a prostitute in North Philly..I had him...I was about to put that sleazy bastard on ice.." said Agent Server as he walked away shaking his head ,almost looking like he was ready to cry.

"It's okay Kevin..He'll live....at least Eddie Gold won't kill anyone else..and perhaps we can take Barrington Covington off the streets too." said Agent Cotton as he walked away.

It was not to be though...Barrington Covington died on the way to the hospital. The Players would be happy..They didn't have to fear being stuck up anymore.The Junkyard Doggie had been put down.

Eddie Gold had died and had took to the grave with him the knowledge of what he had done with the bodies of the three waitresses he had murdered. He took with him the knowledge of why also...but with his death, no more girls had to die at his hands or be unsatisfied
in bed ....

The next night, Sean and I were sitting in Josie's having a drink when the guy I knew as Roscoe walked in and walked up to me with an envelope.

"Here Kevin..Fathead sends his regards." he said and then walked away.

I looked at the envelope..It had 100G's in it...A princely sum....This was payment
for ridding the streets of the Junkyard Doggie..even though I didn't personally have anything to do with his death or Eddie Gold's death. I wasn't going to give the money back though..I was no fool.

"Hey Sean?" I said to my friend.

"What's up moneybags" he laughed..

"You been needin a new car haven't you?" I said.

"Say what?" he said.

"Tomorrow, you and I are going to go look at a new car..I'm going to get it for you." I said.

"What?" he said.

"Yup...If you gonna roll with me..you gotta roll fat." I said..

"Mannnn, you crazy." said Sean.

"Well hell, don't just sit there man..I'm buying you a new car, least you can do is buy me a drink." I said.

Gus overheard our conversation and the three of us roared with laughter!

(For My Brother..)

12 comments:

Toni said...

GangbusterS! This was the business
Keith! Loved it!

Angie B. said...

Great climax Keith!

James Perkins said...

This had me on the edge of my seat..incredible conclusion.

Sunflower said...

Violently satisfying!!!!

Simon Bastion said...

I knew a violent confrontation was brewing...I just didn't know that both men would kill each other.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Wow..What a bloody and violent ending...Both guys killed each other...Didn't expect that..and Sean got a new car out of the deal.
Great ending.

Brenda said...

I'm with Sunflower..This ending was uber violent, but very satisfying.

Halo said...

Great ending Keith..I just wish you have allowed Barrington to survive..He had the makings of a great recurring charactor.

Lisa said...

Great conclusion...everybody got what they deserved (and more) Kevin
buying Sean a new car is interesting.

Vanessa said...

Nice!

Cheryl said...

Incredible ending...I loved this
through and through!

Jazzy! said...

GREAT!