Friday, January 15, 2010

When To Fold Em


Robert and I did some research on one Anjanette Stevens. What we found was interesting. She was from Atlanta ,Georgia..She was white and had been dead for nearly twenty years. The social security number that our stripper used on her W-4 also belonged to a dead white woman.
We crossed referenced her DMV photo on her drivers licensce and found out who she really was.. Dorothy Stephanie Tilley of Macon, Georgia. Twenty nine years old, a couple of convictions in Atlanta, Macon and Augusta for Prostitution, Mail Fraud, Cashing Bad checks and wire fraud.

"Insurance man" Robert Redford Cottle was a whole nother story...This guy had a Bachelors degree in Business from Morehouse.....and had worked for a number of insurance companies...He had no criminal record but was suspected of running a prostitution ring in and outside of the Atlanta metro area. He and his number one girl, Dorothy Tilley moved to Philly in 1998. Around this time, Cottle started working for Skip,Slipp and Tripp Life insurance and eventually became a partner after the untimely demises of Mr. Skip and Mr. Slipp.

Somewhere around this time, Dorothy became "Anjanette Stevens" and several young men began disapearing...Just how they hooked up with Leon Laidlaw was unknown to us. We went to visit him at the local jail and just as I had thought...He had never known about Bobby Cottle.
He also didn't know that Anjanette Stevens was really Dorothy Tilley. Enraged about being used.. He talked long and hard to Detectives about how he met and fell in love with "Anjanette" and how she roped three or four young men into marrying her and making her the beneficiary on their life insurance policies. She would then lure them somewhere ,usually with the thought that they were going to have wild sex, only he would be waiting..with his deadly desert eagle and finish them off. Then he would wrap them in plastic, weigh them down and drop them in the river, it was all her idea...or so he thought. He had no idea that another man, a man who he had never met was really behind the scam.

Robert and I then went to the Airport where Sepia and Sean were keeping a close eye on the two
of them.

"Their plane comes in, in an hour Kevin" said Sepia.

"It's cool...you guys stay here...I'm going over to talk to them." I said.

They were sitting in an airport cafe drinking coffee when I walked over and sat down at the table
with them both....They were startled.

"Hello Anjanette or should I say, Dorothy?" I smiled...

"Who the hell are you?" she snapped.

"This is the private detective I was tellin you about...Kevin, right?" laughed Bobby. He was as cool as ice.

"Yup, that's right? and you must be Bobby Cottle?' I said , still smiling.

"Heh,heh,heh..That's right.....I guess you think you know the whole story right Kevin....Only thing is...you can't prove any of it....and by the time you can...if you ever can..We'll be somewhere else...doing the same thing and you ,not being a cop won't be able to do anything about it." he laughed. Dorothy looked at Bobby and laughed nervously.

"Well Bob, see that's where you're wrong....You know that Pastor, Dorothy was trying to roll?
He's my pastor..of my church...He's got a life insurance policy that the little lady drew up for him
and he can testify that she was trying to get him to get married quicker than he'd like." I said.

"Big Deal....there's no law against that...' he scoffed.

"No..it isn't...That's just a little peice of the big puzzle....But Leon Laidlaw changed his mind and he changed his story and while that doesn't put you in the mix...my recordings of some of your conversations definitely do." I laughed.

"Sure, you're bluffing..who's going to believe you?"He said.

"They do....." I said as Six Plain clothes detectives and three uniformed policemen surrounded the table.

"Oh my God...They got us..they know everything Bobby." screamed Dorothy..

''Shut up, they don't know nothing." he screamed at her.

"I'm afraid we know the whole sordid mess" said Lt. Sissy Van Buren of Philadelphia Homicide.

The cops handcuffed both of them.. I stood up and saluted Bobby Cottle.

"I have to tell you..You two had a good thing going...for many years..Nobody even suspected what was going on.. You weren't even a thought......You got cute..you overplayed your hand Bobby....You gotta know how to quit when you're ahead...you gotta know when to fold em." I said.

"Hmmm, I'll remember that for next time" he smirked.

''Aint gonna be no next time Bobby...Dorothy, no more killing." I said as the Police dragged Dorothy kicking and screaming to the police car. Bobby Cottle was a little more dignified in his
perp walk.

"Well Kevin...you cracked another one." laughed Robert Foxworth as he and Sean slapped me on the back.

'Poor Pastor Struthers...He's going to be devestated when he finds out his bride to be was not who he thought she was." said Sepia.

''Yeah, I know ...I'd hate to be the one to tell him." I said.

Epilouge....

"Pastor, aren't you getting married?" said the Asian woman, standing in the hallway of her apartment in Chinatown.

"Well, I aint married yet and Ah don't see no need why we can't have one for the road..that is
a nice bed you got there..Let me come in out of this cold."

Within a few minutes...

"Ohhhhhhhh...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...me so hornnnny...me love you lonnng time...ohhhhhhh....

""Ummmmmmmphh,come on girl...give it to me..give it to meeee...ummmmphhhh."

"Ohhhhhh, Reverend....Reverend....ohhhhhh me soo horny....love you longgg time."

The bed was squeaking and it sounded as if the headboard was slamming against the wall.....


"oohh..ohhhhhh gawdddddd...ohhhhh reverend...me sooooo hornyyy...me love you so lonnngg,so lonnnng...longg timmmeee..ouuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhh reverend.....bless me....ohhhh...."

"Ohhhhh, you feel so good my asian sweety..ohhhhhhhhhhh so goood...ummmmmph."

The more some things changed...The more they stayed the same.

18 comments:

James Perkins said...

Great Ending!

Anonymous said...

My panties were on the rafters!

Brenda said...

I don't know who is more of a horn toad..Pastor Struthers or Robert Foxworth!! Great ending!

Cheryl said...

Doesn't look like the Pastor was too devestated!-lololol.

Toni said...

ROTFLMBAO! You're too much Keith!

Angie B. said...

That Pastor is a mess..lololol, good story!

Sunflower said...

Nice tidy ending....That Pastor is something else..He spends more time in some woman's bed than he does in church!lololol.

Lisa said...

Hillarious!

Halo said...

I'm so glad Kevin brought those two loonies to justice.

Vanessa said...

Some ending...lolololol.

Samuel Bastion said...

Another great caper!lol

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Crazy ending..Good story!

Jazzy said...

You crazy fam...What's next?

Anonymous II said...

Good story...Not surprised that some drawers were somewhere other than where they was supposed to be after this story ended.

Swaggie said...

Man, you was buggin with this ending, but I loved it..ROTFLMBAO!

Tate 2 said...

Good story, sexy ending!

Sean said...

What will you do next? lololol

Captain Jack said...

Loved this entire story...it was so murky.. You've been doing a lot of "Kevin" stories lately..Got any
"Chess" stories planned?