Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm The One Who Loves You


He's a big boss player
and you're impressed by his flavor..
He drives a big fat Lexand takes you out
for for fancy meals at sea side bistros
withtony sun decks../

So
tell me, why is it that you're still
so very lonely..
The truth will make you cry..
but baby I know the real reason why..
Could it be because you're not his one and only?/

You think he does this with you exclusively
but trust me...the brother uses his down time very usefully
and though he may tell you that you're his only one..
trust me, he's playing games...he's just having fun./

See-
I'm the one who loves you
I'll say it again..
I'm the one who loves you
though you only want to be my friend.
but you see
I'm not mad at you love
because I know that one day you'll see
that the only one who really loves you
is me../

It's not hard for me to say the things I say
I've been practicing what I'd say to you for years
hoping and praying you might see things my way..
hoping you'd deliver some joy from these tears../

girl, you're the one for me
open your eyes
can't you see?
I'm the one who loves you
I'll say it again
I'm the one who loves you...
Shame you only want to be my friend./

4 comments:

Toni said...

I love this Keith!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Sweet!

Angie B. said...

Nice Poem!

Sunflower said...

Glad you're writing poetry again.