Monday, January 4, 2010

Daybreak


I guess the guests started coming over around 10 o'clock.... Not a minute too soon, My room mate Paris was starting to get antsy about changing the ice in the bath tub and in the barrels we had in our kitchen.

'Yo Blake, you sure you invited people?" he yelled at me for the umpteempth time... I ignored him... I mean like how long has he been black? Don't he know that we always come to everything
late?

We had enough beer, Coronas, Heinekens, et al to keep us out of Josie's until summer I wagered when I looked at what we had in store..Not to mention other liquors. This was our first party since we'd moved to our new apartment. We'd been here for six months mind you..but you know how you gotta get the place ready and all?

Well like I said...Around ten ,about twenty people arrived , which made Paris feel a little better.
By 11:oo, there was roughly one hundred people in our apartment...Drinking beer, Remy,Henny,
Rum...you name it. We had our Ipod dock programmed with all of the latest jams, so you had a
number of folks dancing in the living room.

"Hey Blake...did you see that babe yet?" asked Paris.

'What Babe?" I asked.

"You know....the honey I met last week in AC?" he said mater of factly as though I was supposed to remember his girls. You needed a score card to keep up with Paris.

"I met her in the 40/40...she said she was from Philly...I gave her my number and address and tole her about this little thing we is havin here." he said.

"Oh her! No, I haven't seen her yet." I said.

I really wasn't looking for her....I was looking for Cherish. I didn't have to look long...She showed up at around midnight with a black party dress and black fishnet stockings and black spike heels...She was looking good. I immediately scooped her up...didn't want any would be players to get any ideas...

Sean Jackson and his girl, Sheila showed through , not long after Cherish showed up and my boy,
Chance Howard showed up with his new girl, Anita Jenkins...a real looker!!

"Hey Chance....How you doin homey?" I said

"Hey Blake, what's up ?" he said.

"Nice man....is dat you now?" I asked when out of Anita's earshot.

"Kind of sort of....We just kinda kickin it right now...you know...we on like the friend with benefits
tip, you know what I'm sayin?" he said.

"Pretty nice benefits from where I'm standing." I said.

"You aint doin so bad yourself Blake.." he laughed...

"Yeah,well you know how I do?" I said.

Paris walked over to me and nudged me on the arm.

"What's up Paris?" I asked.

"Did you invite him to the party?" he said pointing to the six foot seven Carlton, who used to be
Anita's man before Chance got in the picture.

"Oh snap cuz...you better handle your business."I said.

"It's kool....I want you to just slide over there and see what they talkin bout." said Chance as cool as a cucumber.

"Yo brother, I don't want no drama." said Paris to Chance.

"It's kool Paris...I got this ." I said as Cherish and I stood over by the wall right where Anita and Carlton were talking.

"I didn't know you knew Paris and Blake." said Anita.

"I just know em vaguely...I mean we aint buddies or nothin." said Carlton.

"So you just uh crashed their party huh?" she laughed.

"Kind of like that.....I wanted to talk to you though." he said.

"Me? , about what?" she asked.

"Us...." he said.

''Us? I thought you was off to Cali and your new girl?" said Anita.

"Yeah, well uh....I got cut from the Clippers....and that girl.?.She and I kind of mutually agreed that we wasn't going in the same direction." said Carlton.

"You mean she dumped you after you got cut from the team right?" asked Anita.

'Nahhh...no...it wasn't like that....but, we aint together and I aint on the Clippers....I got me a little spot in Camden....and I was thinking maybe you could move in with me and -"

"Whoa...Whoa...pump your breaks partner....I'm seein somebody...that brother over there named Chance...and he's probably getting antsy with you over here tryin to push up on me...
You'll find somebody Carlton....don't worry...I gotta go now..my man is waitin for me with a drink." said Anita as she walked across the living room to Chance, who was waiting with a Rum and Coke for her. I looked at Chance and gave him the thumbs up....He just laughed.

"Stop minding their business" teased Cherish as she lay her head across my chest.

''I'd rather be minding your business." I laughed as I kissed her...

"Mmmmmmmm, now that's the kind of business you should be minding."she smiled as she kissed me back.

From the corner of my eye ,I saw Horny Cheryl Stiles...the Nymphomaniac landlord from our old apartment and the reason Paris and I eventually had to move to this apartment. She walked over to us.

"Heyy Blake...Nice place you got here......Is this your girlfriend?" she asked.

"Yes it is....Anita, Cheryl, Cheryl, Anita!" I said trying but failing to hide my nervousness.

"Oh okay...Nice to meet you Anita....and Blake...no hard feelings?" she said as she offered her
outstretched hand to me. I shook it, She smiled and then she turned ,got her coat and left the
party.

"You look like the cat that swallowed the canary." laughed Cherish as I gulped down my corona!

"Hey Blake, Anita...I'd like you to meet my friend, Michelle.." said Paris as he held the hand of a pretty honey brown skinned young lady with fire red hair and the cutest dimples I had ever seen. It was the girl we'd met in Atlantic City a few weeks ago. Paris had won big at the crap tables that night and he had told the girl she was his "million dollar baby"

"Pleased to make your acquaintence" I said, wondering if there was more surprises.

Paris winked and he and Michelle disapeared into the crowd.

By around three o'clock, practically everyone was gone ,except for a few people....We grabbed what was left of the beers and walked up to the rooftop.....Me, Cherish, Chance and Anita.
Sean Jackson was asleep on our couch and Sheila was sitting on what part of the couch she could
manage to find a place on...She was babysitting a Corona...

From his bedroom , which was locked I heard these sounds....

"Ohhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhh, don't stop...don't stop...oh Paris...work it outtt...work it outttttt..
oh my Godddddd...ouuuuuu...."

"Ohhhhhhhh, ohhhhhh girllll....ohhhhhhhhh...."

I smiled....I guess Paris wouldn't be joining us on the roof. Chance and Anita were on the roof ,sitting over by the vents, laughing and talking softly....While Cherish and I were holding hands looking out over the city while drinking margaritas....

"Look Blake....it's Daybreak!" said Cherish as I watched the morning sun rise up over the city.!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

I dug this Keith!

Toni said...

Interesting developments in this story., but not enough details.

Angie B. said...

Cool story..I could almost visualize it!

Cheryl said...

Cool story with cute charactors!

Lisa said...

A nice relaxing little story Keith.
You shored up some hanging plot developments from your previous stories.

Halo said...

Old Carlton is back huh? I like the way Anita handled him.

Vanessa said...

Nice!

Sunflower said...

I remember rooftop parties...They were always fun and yes , we did stay out until daybreak.