Monday, July 18, 2011

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY ESCAPADES -THREE YEARS AND COUNTING!




I can't believe it....It was three years ago on a hot July afternoon, when after the sucess of my then six month old blog, "Keith's Space" that I told my wife I was ready to create a second blog...This blog would feature my poetry I said...It would be like Mizrepresent's Wildflower blog I reasoned...

My wife came up with a template design for me... The radio was playing Janet Jackson's song "Escapades" ...and it hit me..There is the title for my new blog....and so I went through a pile of poetry I had written over the years and boomn..my first two posts were published.....

In time...I realized that I wanted to write more than just poetry..I had Short Stories I wanted to post as well as Long form Fiction ....The next thing I know...I had created my first charactors, Paris and Blake...Two crazy room-mates based off of some of my fraternity brothers from college...Next came, Sean Jackson, a photographer and his lawyer, Conrad Nelson , who always got him out of jams...Next came Mabel and Clerow and Corabeth, Pastor Struthers, Deacon Weatherford, Victoria, Sweet Dick Willie Jenkins  and my first continued stories....

Next came my private eye/blogger alter-ego- Kevin Morris, perhaps my most popular charactor, and his sexy wife, Sepia...Gus the bartender, Cock Robbins, Kool Kat, Harry Charles, his long suffering wife Bernadette and Randy Attorney ,Robert Foxworth and his now wife, Bonita....

I went on to create former gangsters, now businessman- Chris Thompson and his sidekick Chess, Donald Smooth, Fathead, Roscoe, and musicians, Reed Nelson, 88 and Downtown Rob Brown....

All of these charactors are loosely based on people I actually knew when I was growing up in West Philly....They have taken on a life of their own and I have had them interact in each others long form episodes that have been running on this blog...

I started including art by well known African-American artists as well as Erotically toned fiction and poetry....This is truly a unique blog that isn't like another blog existing....and I am proud to have created it..  I'm thankful too for all of you, who continue to read it and follow it... Thank you so much.....

I've got more poetry, more long form fiction, more short stories, more art and more erotica on the way...more music too...Thank you again for riding with me for three years on this...


3 comments:

Toni said...

It certainly has been quite a ride!
Thank you Keith!

Angie B. said...

Congrats Keith!

Sunflower said...

Here's for more ruckus! Love this blog!lol!