Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pakastani Sam



"I can't thank you enough Kevin for returning those diamonds to me." said Rollie Rollerson as the two of us sat outside at a outdoor cantina and enjoyed a couple of cold beverages.

"Yeah, well this time, put those diamonds in a safe deposit box and keep your mouth closed about them." I said.

"Oh you don't have to tell me twice Kevin...Not only thaat...I aint bringing no more of these young girls up to my chill out spot...Nahh......" he said.

"That's great Mr. Rollerson." I said...

"You returned the money to Tiffany's that was stolen in that robbery too huh?" he asked.

"Sure did....and the two stick up boys that robbed the place and murdered Mr. Sane are themselves dead..Killed by a person or persons unknown." I said.

"Wow...Looks like you've wrapped up another one eh?" he laughed.

"Yeah somewhat...just a few loose ends to tie up." I said.

He handed me an envelope.

"That's for your troubles Kevin and I intend to reward you even more in the coming days...but it's a surprise." He said.

"Oh okay...Well thank you Mr. Rollerson." I said with a laugh...I started to pull out a few dollars to pay for the drinks when he stopped me...

"Are you kidding? Your money is no good here...Go on now." he said.

"Okay Mr. Rollerson." I said with a laugh.....

"Be Easy Kevin." he said...

''Always" I returned.

As I got in my car and drove away...I realized that that loose end was the lethal D.T.  ...He must be going crazy trying to find those diamonds...He had killed the two stick up boys....had tossed the apartment of the getaway driver who was nowhere to be found and had also missed the girl, if he even knew about her....But at this very moment...I had a plan hatching in another part of the city that would put his mind to ease...

II-





Gambler Steven Bristol was at the barbershop in his condo...He had had a shave and had had his hair cut...Now he was having his nails trimmed....It was about this time that a certain Jewel thief named D.T. walked into his shop....

"You're late." said Steven Bristol... "When we are talking about a business transaction of this magnatude, I expect punctuality." he said.

"You don't tell me when to appear or not to appear....What have you got for me?" said D.T.

Steven Bristol motioned for his barber to leave the room.....So they could have privacy.....What D.T. couldn't
know is that Bristol and the barbershop was wired for sound and video....and Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and Sean Jackson were in a van down the street watching and listening to a live feed of this entire exchange.

"A business associate that we both have in common named Mr. Jenkins has a message he would like for me to relay to you." said Bristol.

''Oh yeah? What?" snapped D.T.

"He has recovered the diamonds you were searching for." said Bristol.

D.T.'s eyes got as large as saucers...For the first time in days , he smiled...

"HOW???, I've turned this city upside down looking for them." he said.

''Yes...and caused much mayhem..two needless deaths D.T.?   Perhaps you just didn't know which way to turn." said Bristol.

"I handle my busisness the way I see fit...Them two idiots not only stole from me, but they killed the only broker that could do me justice...They had to pay for that....But what's done is done...I wasted em...It aint no big loss from what I can see." he barked.

"Well, Mr. Jenkins has more good news...He's found a broker who is willing to do business with you...." said Bristol.

"Oh yeah? Who?  That ice is so hot that no fence will touch it." said D.T.

"Well Mr. Jenkins found someone who will...Ever hear of Pakastani Sam?" asked Bristol.

''Who?" said D.T.

"Pakastani Sam......I know how mis-trustful and paranoid you are....Ask around about him.....He's an old player, before your time, before mine...but a legend in Philadelphia." said Bristol..

"I don't have the time to ask around....I'll take your word for it..." said D.T.

"Mr. Jenkins told me to give you this...Call him at this number, someone will give you instructions on where to meet Mr. Pakastani Sam..." said Bristol.

"What do you get out of this?" asked D.T.

"I figured nothing from you...Mr. Jenkins was great enough to pay me a ten percent finders fee..so I'm straight." said Bristol.

"Good ,cause I wasn't gonna give ya nothin....but thanks for the info.." said D.T. as he left..

"Cheap good for nothin bastard." mumbled Bristol.

The Die was cast!

III-

Sami "Pakastani Sam" Ali was no more from Pakastan than I was....His parents had come over here from Pakastan in the 50's and to my knowledge...He had never even been to Pakastan....What he was ,was an old school playa..".The con man's con man" is what Gus called him... I had met him in Josies a couple of years ago and he had held me, Clerow, Kool Kat and Sean Jackson captive with his stories about the sophisticated cons he pulled back in the day....He was a colorful old guy who dressed immaculately. He was close to 80 years old, but still got around pretty good..He had been retired for years, but jumped at the chance to pull this elaborate con....





In a hotel room in downtown Philly, I had Clerow and Kool Kat dressed like hoods...Not a stretch for either of them and Kool Kat's girl, Chelsea posing as Sam's daughter....The room was of course wired for sound and video and Sean Jackson, Lockpick  Johnson and Peeping Tom were directly across the street in the van watching and listening....

D.T. showed up right on time....He looked around...Chelsea walked over to him......

"Lookin for a good time daddy?" she said seductively...D.T. looked at her and then snarled-

"Beat it Hookah...Not tonight."

"I've heard that DIAMONDS are a girl's best friend." she said.

"Huh?" he said.

"Pakastani Sam wants to meet you upstairs." she said.

D.T. smiled

''Well Hell, why didn't you say so?"

IV-





Kool Kat opened the door and Clerow searched him...Took two pistols and a knife and some brass knuckles off of him....

Chelsea ushered him in and he sat down....Then Pakastani Sam worked his magic....

"Soooo.. you're here to show me some diamonds eh? " he said.

"Yeah...I'm used to meeting in a store front..what's with this set up?" said D.T.

"Are you crazy? No fence in Philly will touch that stuff....I agreed with Mr. Jenkins to meet here....I want to see and inspect the goods and make the payoff...Then I'm out of town...I'm not hanging around here." he said.

"Well where are you goin?" asked D.T.

''If I decide to pay you...that won't be any of your concern."said Pakastani Sam...

"You right...Where is Jenkins?" he barked..

"Right here friend." I said..

"You're late " snapped D.T.

"As if you care." I said.

"Gentlemen, let's do some business." said Pakastani Sam..





I opened up a briefcase of the phoniest diamonds I could find...Pakastani Sam should have been an actor...He was playing his role to the hilt.....

"Hmmmmmm....This looks worth six mill, yeah six mil...but I can't pay you that..These are too damn hot...I'll give you two mill." he said.

''Thought you was leavin town?"

"I am." he said...

"Well then...six mill it is..." said D.T.

"Three mil..." said Sam...

"HOW BOUT ALL OF IT?" came a loud voice....To my horror, the door was kicked open and a big dark skinned man pulled out two .45's... while another man with a .45 rushed in scooped up my phony diamonds and ordered Pakastani Sam to open the safe....

He did and they looted what they thought was about six million dollars and stuffed it into two duffel bags.....D.T. was laughing his head off....For the second time....There was a robbery...Only these guys were his guys...He had double crossed me!!!!  Imagine that?

"Sorry Suckers....but I've no time to play anymore games...These here diamonds and this money, this is my retirement funds... That's life...Be Easy Jenkins..." he laughed as he and the two hoods ran down the hall to a waiting elevator and took off...

"Somovabitch." screamed Kool Kat...

"Let's go after him Kev." said Clerow....I held them both back...I was laughing my head off!

I looked at Pakastani Sam and the old man looked at me and laughed his head off...Chelsea was laughing too!

"Really aint no honor amongst theives.." said Pakastani Sam.

Kool Kat and Clerow were puzzled...

"Man, aint this somethin..We conned them and they had a con for us." laughed Pakastani Sam...

"Kool Kat, Clerow....That's phony money they got and phony diamonds...This might not have ended the way I would have wanted...but hell...They aint going nowhere with that loot.....and those diamonds aren't worth six dollars, let alone six million,...

''So the joke is on him?" said Clerow...

"Yeahhh thas what we been tryin to tell you....They got took... This was the best con ever..Thank you Kevin."
said Pakastani Sam.

Kool Kat and Chelsea laughed now.....

"He's gonna be sooo pissed when he finds out he got took." laughed Pakastani Sam...

"Yeah he is and that's just the way I want him.....Part two of my plan is about to unfold." I said.

''Damn man, you is dangerous." said Kool Kat.

Pakastani Sam just laughed-

"Kevin is a man after my own heart..." he said.


(Conclusion Next)

No comments: