Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nobody Was Supposed To Get Hurt


I called Lockpick Johnson and told him to meet me at the address Sleepy had given us. It was a row house in West Philadelphia... Turns out...We didn't need him...When we got to Darryl's house...The door was already opened...Clerow,Kool Kat,Sleepy ,Lockpick Johnson and I entered only to find the house a mess...Things thrown all over the place...Drawers opened, papers all over the floor, clothes on the floor...etc.

"Kev..Looks like our boy, D.T, has already been here....He's good." said Kool Kat.

"Yeah, he is." I said.

"What's that smell?" asked Clerow.

"Yeah...I smell it too." said Lockpick Johnson...

"It's comin from the basement."said Sleepy.

Kool Kat and I entered the basement and there to our horror lie Darryl Angel...as dead as his twin brother...

All five of his fingers had been broken...his body looked like someone had burned cigarette butts on him and his throat had been slit...He had also been shot....To make sure he was dead.

D.T. was a sick sadistic bastard... For some reason...I don't think he'd found those diamonds...It looked like he had tortured Darryl and had gotten nowhere...Or had he?

He had killed four people and he'd kill again if I didn't stop him...

"Sleepy...You got any relatives anywhere man?" I asked.

"Sho..I got cousins in North Philly, Germantown..." he said.

"No...Anywhere out of town." I said.

"I got some people in Brooklyn." he said.

"Okay...I'm going to put you on a bus to Brooklyn tonight...." I said.

"Huh?" he said.

"Go stay in New York for at least a week...This guy has killed both of your boys...If I know right, he's probably looking for you right now..." I said.

"Awww nah..How he know about me?" said Sleepy...

"How Did WE know about you?" Kool Kat asked.

"Yeah...I see what you mean." he shrugged.

Clerow and Lockpick Johnson took him by his apartment so he could pack some things..Sure enough..D.T. had been there and tossed the place....They helped him clean up and pack and drove him to the bus station.
Meanwhile Kool Kat and I drove to Amazette's house.

II-





I knew where she lived...and I feverishly rung the doorbell and knocked on the door...I was hoping D.T. didn't know about her....She came to the door in her nightgown....She smiled when she saw us...

''Kevin...Kool Kat...how yall doin? This is kind of late for a social call isn't it?" she said with a smile.

"Amazette...Let us in." I said sternly.

She smiled sweetly and opened the door and let us in....Once inside...She asked us if we wanted a drink..I declined, but Walter asked for a beer...She got him a Corona out of the refrigerator.

"Look here Amazette...I don't have time to be coy....Your life is in danger." I said.

"What? Kevin what are you talkin about? My life is in danger..." she laughed.

''Cut the crap missy..We know that you set up that jewelry store heist....That was your boyfriend, Darryl and his brother Dave that pulled the heist and Sleepy who was at the wheel..." I said.

Her jaw dropped to the floor....

"I was in the store remember?" I said.

"But they had on masks!!" she said.

Kool Kat pounded his big fist on the table and laughed his head off....

"They had on...hahahahahahahahaha,They had on masks." laughed Kool Kat hysterically.

"They called each other by name during the robbery, especially after one of them murdered Albert Sane, the fence..." I said. 

Kool Kat broke into more guffaws....

"Real professionals....hahahahahahahahaha." he laughed.

She held her head down....

"Damn fools...Nobody was supposed to get hurt...I told em...just go in, grab the diamonds and get the hell out.....They weren't the store's diamonds , nobody would know ...and Albert Sane was so shifty ,into so much dirt...he couldn't report it." She said.



"How did you even know about the diamonds...?" I asked.

"Mr. Rollerson had me over his spot ...for some drinks...and uh ruh some company and he uh showed em to me..." Then I heard that they had gotten stolen by this guy that his other girl had told about it....One night last week...I was over Mr. Sane's house for uh, some drinks and some uh, well you know and he mentioned to me that a guy was lookin to fence some diamonds to him...It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that they was Mr. Rollerson's diamonds...So I told Darryl to get his crew together and jack him." she said.

"Did Darryl know that you fooled around on him?" I asked.

" I don't think so....but I don't care if he did....He aint never have no money..Mr. Rollerson and Mr. Sane at least spent money on me, showed me a good time." she said.

"Well Darryl is dead....So is David...So is Cameron and so is Latoya. That man I came in there with is no joke...You guys messed with the wrong cat...He's heavy duty and very efficient...Lethally efficient" I said.

Her eyes got huge....

"What?" she said.


"Yup...all dead....Cameron and Latoya were found at the bottom of the river yesterday...Dave and Darryl were found in their homes  tonight killed....We got Sleepy out of town...but even his apartment was tossed...and I'm guessing the only reason he hasn't come to you  is because he hasn't found out about you yet...." I said.

"But that's only temporary baby." said Kool Kat.

"Oh My god!!!" she said.

"Where is the ice?   He tossed their places and didn't find it..Where is it...Don't play with me Amazette." I said.

She went in her room and came back with the breif case... It was filled with Diamonds...all of them...She also gave me a sack that had in lieu of $ 4000.00 dollars in cash in it.

"I don't want nothin else to do with this." she said.

"They trusted you with the merch?" I asked looking at Amazette.

She shrugged-

"Dave and Sleepy were too stupid to be trusted, so Darryl told me to keep it." she said.

''Boy, they really were stupid." I said.  Kool Kat laughed and slapped his knee as I took the breifcase with the diamonds and the money...

"Pack some clothes girly." said Kool Kat.

"Pack some clothes? Why? I gave you everything." she said.


"This guy is going to find out about you pretty soon and he's going to come looking and when he does..even if he doesn't find what he's looking for...He'll kill you anyway." I said.

"You got people somewhere other than Philly?" asked Kool Kat.

''Yeah...In Baltimore." She said.

"Call em....Tell em you're gonna be spendin at least a week there." said Kool Kat.

"Oh...Okay....Nobody was supposed to get hurt." she kept mumbling.

That night...Kool Kat and I put her on a train to Baltimore.....

"Wow Kev...you got the merch and you kept two people from gettin killed...What next?" he asked..

"First,I'm going to return this to Rollie Rollerson and Tiffany's and then I'm going to set a trap for Mr. D.T." I said.

"How you gonna do that?" He asked...

"I'm gonna get word to him that I've got his Diamonds and that if he can find a fence..We can still deal." I said.

"Kev...aint nobody in Philly gonna touch that stuff...It's too hot...plus , you aint gonna have it....Uh...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the wheels are spinnin...Why did I even ask?" Laughed Kool Kat...

"Yeah, why did you? You know I got somethin cooked up." I said.


(To Be Continued...)

No comments: