Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Birds And Bees


Why did so many of my investigations always start in Robert Foxworth's law offices?  Using his contacts in records... Cole, Chance Howard, Robert Foxworth and I looked up every publicly known fact about the late Mr. Frederick Washington...

He was a lettered athlete in Basketball and Track in High School, Attended Howard University, got his Bachelors and his Masters Degree there in Public Administration...Met his future wife, Althea Davenport there also...She too had a Bachelors and a Masters degree from Howard...They got married and they moved back to Philadelphia...She got pregnant...had a miscarriage.

Three years into the marriage...they seperated....He got his J.D. at Morgan State University in Baltimore,Maryland. Within a year, the couple reconciled... She got pregnant again, suffered another miscarriage ... He then took a run for City Council in his district and won...He became a fearless and relentless activist, mostly protesting police brutality in the Black community.

He and his wife owned a moderately sized home...and they both had cars... Aside from a mortgage and credit cards...Neither of them had any major debts...

I scoured the community they both lived in....I spent two days talking to their neighbors, people in grocery stores, barber shops, hair dressers and even bars near where they lived...I couldn't find one person who had anything bad to say about either of them..

One neighbor however did mention that a day before the double homicide...Mrs. Washington was visibly upset about something and was crying.  Another neighbor said that a grey 2010 Honda Accord was seen outside their house earlier....just hours before Mr. Washington arrived at home.  A man was seen talking to her as though he was consoling her....Consoling her about what?  I mused.


II-



I next went to City Hall.... I spoke to all of the Washington's City Council collegues....Democrat and Republican...Not one had a bad or unkind thing to say about the man.....I left and traveled to the Fraternal Order of Police offices in another part of town...
A lot of the officials there had an axe to grind with him and were straight forward about their disdain for the man, yet I didn't get one vibe at all that aside from political differences their dislike went any further than that. A couple of them told me to talk to his former aide...A Floyd Jeters..Who they discribed as a bit arrogant, not the most personable guy, unless you were wearing a skirt and heels..but still, the one who probably knew Frederick Washington the best.

So back to City Hall I went... To talk to the man who probably knew him best of all...His former aide...Floyd Jeters...Who was now aide to another City Councilwoman...
The City Councilwoman he was working for was on vacation, so I figured it should be no problem getting to see him...I was wrong... The door of his office at the end of a long dark hall was cracked...but once I got halfway there...I could understand that I wasn't going to see him today!

"OHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHH MISTER JETERS....OUUUUUUUUUU.." came a female voice....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BETTY....OH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD...OHHHHHHHH...you've got the plumpest breasts and the softest skin....oooohhhhh I've been checking you out all morning...I couldn't wait to get you in my office alone..."he moaned.


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... Mister Jeters...Mister Jeters..." she cooed.

" OHHHHHHHHH...baby....YESSSSS .....ohhh godddd...I'm just ohhhh ,teaching you about the birds......ohhh my god and the bees...the birds.....and the ouuuuuuu, beeees." he howled!


He had a young woman, possibly an administrative assistant up on a desk...had her legs wide open, had his pants down and was thrusting madly inside of her... The desk was slamming against the wall...... His pants were slipping down along his ankles...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh womannnnnnnnnnnn..." he yelled..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ...Mister JETERRRRRR!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I'm about to come" she moaned.

"So Am I.....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmphhh...." he moaned...oblivious to the world !!!

I was in luck...Their tryst was coming to an end.....


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...." he moaned.... He put her down.....He was sweating so hard his shirt had a visible ring on the back and under the arm pits...He pulled his boxers up, fixed his trousers..While she slipped her panties back on, fixed her dress and attempted to fix her hair...

"Mr. Jeter...This was ...This was...ouuuu.. Highly inappropriate.." she said..

"Nothing inapproriate about the lovin you put on me....You put it on me!!!Non-sense....I was just advising you on the birds and the bees....The birds and the ........bees.." he said.

"Well my goodness...I certainly got a lesson...With my clothes off!" she said, still trying to straighten her hair.

"Yes indeed...That's what it's all about baby...The birds and the bees.....The birds.............and the ....beees. heh...heh...heh.." he laughed, catching his breath...

I tapped on the door....They both spun around...She turned beet red and ran past me....He looked exhausted and a tad exasperated...

''Who are you? What do you want?" he snapped.

"My name is  Kevin Morris...I'm a private investigator....I wanted to ask you about your late associate Mr. Frederick Washington." I said.

"Look.. THAT was a year ago..!! What is it with people still talkin abut that? I talked to the detectives last year and I spoke to some other guy who claimed he was investigating that....I don't have anything else to say...He worked here...I worked for him...Outside of that, I don't know anything to tell you." he said rather flippantly.

"When was the last time you saw him?" I asked.

"The day he died...He worked a full day...then went home...That was it." he said.

"This is hard work eh?  Workin for the city ,I mean." I said giving him a side eye and smiling.

"It has it's uh ruh perks." he said.

"You teach many biology lessons? " I asked almost laughing.

"Huh? Biology??" he said.

"Yeah..I uh heard you ahhh instructing that lady on the birds and the bees." I said hardly containing my laughter.

He wasn't amused...

"Is there anything else Mr. Morris?" he asked.

"Nope...Not right now." I said.

"Then Good day." He said. He stared daggers at me! I could tell that he was never going to be a fan of mine.  I get that a lot in this business.

"The Birds and the bees!  I'll have to remember that." I said to him as I left. He slammed his door!!....I hadn't gotten any further with my investigation...but at least I'd gotten a good laugh.

III-



I met with Lt. Sissy Van Buren , Homicide ....the very next morning...

"What can I do for you Kevin?" she asked smiling sweetly.

"The Ray Lord Murder....." I said.

"What has that got to do with you? It's still an open case...We got no witnesses and no suspects." she said.

"My client hired him to investigate that double murder of the city councilman and his wife from last year." I said.

"Really?  My best detectives tossed his house and went through his files and his computers and all we have are insurance investigations...Besides...He was an insurance investigator....Why would he be looking into a year old unsolved double murder?" she asked.

"As a favor for a friend...." I said.

"Your client?" she asked.

"Yes."

"We not only found...no DNA and  no fingerprints at the scene of that one...but we couldn't even find a motive. Nobody had a bad word to say about either of them..We worked the police angle and the political angles ,but they led nowhere...What we need is an eyeball witness." she said.

"One neighbor told me that she saw Mrs. Washington crying earlier that day and a man who she didn't know consoling her..Said he drove a 2010 Honda Accord, Gray." I said.

''Yeah, we heard that..Never found the car and never  identified the mystery man." said Sissy.

"Damn...Goose eggs." I said.


"One thing about that case was sad though." said Sissy Van Buren.

"What was that?" I asked.

"They had tried hard to have a child...The Washingtons.....She had miscarried twice....At the time of her murder...She was three months pregnant!"

This changed everything!

"Where are you headed Kevin?" Sissy asked.

"Home for now...but tomorrow..I'm going to be looking at this case from a different angle ." I said.

Sissy smiled. "I figured as much....Happy Hunting...Keep me posted." she said.

I took one last look at her....

''Don't I always?" I said.


(Definitely To Be Continued...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally I would stand and applaud and throw my panties up in the air..but this Jeters fellow creeps me out...He reminds me of a guy I used to work for who harrassed me!

Good story anyway...I'm just sayin.

James Perkins said...

I cracked up this entire post...Mann, where do you pull up these charactors?? You've got quite an imagination!

Brenda said...

@James Perkins- -I agree...Keith is "special"-LMAO!

Grover Tha Playboy! said...

''The birds....and the bees." I laughed so hard my sides felt like they were going to split!