Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Night Out At Josies




A Friday night at Josies.... Sepia and I walked in...Sean Jackson and his wife Sheila was right behind us...The joint was packed...We saw Harry Charles and his wife, Bernadette at a table with Clerow and his wife, Corabeth...Chris Thompson and his lady friend were at a table....His partner, Chess and his wife ,Rell were out also...Kool Kat and Chelsea were at the bar and they waved to us as we got seated in our booth...I saw Robert Foxworth and Bonita coming in...I waved them over and they joined us in our booth...

"Hey Kev, Sepia..Sean..." said Robert Foxworth as he and Bonita joined us and Honey Brown took their drink orders...

Reed Nelson and his band was playing tonight and "88" had joined them on the keyboards..At one table, We saw his wife, Debbie, Her sister, Delores and her boyfriend, Trumpet player,Downtown Rob Brown and 88's fiance, Mabel Jenkins and her pregnant sister, Victoria....Also in the audience was Bone Hampton, a trombonist, Meek Rollins, producer and Symphony Sam...another musician and band leader who was sharing the bill and perfoming the next Set.

Donald Smooth,Owen Todd ,Roscoe and Ralph Mole were also at the bar, drinking,laughing and talking as was the other attorney, Conrad Nelson and his wife Jill... In yet another booth, I saw the youngins..Attorney Chance Howard, Anita Jenkins...Paris and his lady friend, Blake and Cherish, Cole and Nicole Butler and Jacques and Megan... Ralph Scallion was off from his job at Bottom of the C.  and was here with Rowena, his daughter's mother...Not his Afro -English girlfriend...Wonder what was up with that?


Gus came over to serve us drinks....and chew the fat....

"Hey Gus....You never told me how you got this place....Josies...I mean." I said.

Gus smiled and said.  "And it's too long a story to tell you tonight....but I'll tell you this much....When I bought this place...it was called "Joe's Bar"

"Joe's Bar, now that's original." I joked.


"You're right....and that's why I changed the name to Josies...." He said.

 'Was Josie someone special?" asked my wife, Sepia.


"She was a gal I knew a long time ago...a long time." said Gus with misty eyes..".I figure , there's a "Joe's Bar" in every city, every town....But not a Josies.." continued Gus.

Hmmmm, Sean Jackson and Robert Foxworth nodded...Sepia, Bonita and Sheila surprisingly nodded too...I thought to myself....Good point Gus.

"I know." he laughed ,almost as if he heard my thoughts.

No comments: