Monday, August 6, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays



The thunder woke me up! It was a Monday morning....My first day of my two week vacation from my job as Head Chef at Bottom of the C', the tony bar and restaurant where I am employed. I peered out the window of my apartment....People had umbrellas and were hustling to where-ever they were going....I felt like going back to sleep.... Alone!

That was a rare situation for me, Ralph Scallion...I was used to having a warm female body in my bed...My girlfriend, Minay had made several trips to London this year....This was her third!! She told me that she had a sick aunt...I took her word for it... Each time , she had been gone for close to a month...I was wondering how she kept a job!...

Meanwhile....except for my weekend at my daughter's college graduation where I had some good lovin from a waitress I met on the way there and an old classmate and my daughter's mother on the way back...Chronicled by some extra good lovin from a returning Minay.....My sex life had been very dull to say the least.

I know my next door neighbor was ecstatic!  Except for a romp with Rowena, my daughter's mother nearly two month's ago...There had been nothing...This was one of the longest dry spells I'd ever had!




The streets sure looked nasty.... but I didn't feel like going back to sleep!  I got up, brushed my teeth, shaved and took a long hot shower....Got out of the shower, put on some clothes and looked out the window...It was still coming down in buckets..... I opened my door and looked out into the streets...The cool breezes were a welcome respite from the hot humid days of last week when temperatures soared to 104....

''Heyy Scallion...Is that you?" said my next door neighbor.

''Yeah" I answered.

"You been away? Sick??" he asked.

"Nah...I been here." I said.

"You have?? You must be losin your touch...I've had a good nights sleep every night for about six weeks..I haven't had to knock on the wall...What's up?" he asked...laughing and giggling.

"Nothin's up man...my woman is out of town." I said.

"That's never stopped you before." he laughed.

"Whatever man!" I said and stepped back into my apartment.  I gotta move!

Mabel Jenkins had gotten married to "88''this summer and during the spring, Debbie had married Reed Nelson.   Bonita Turner had married Robert Foxworth a few years back and I hadn't heard anything from Lois of Patterson in a long while....In short...I had no more jump offs!  I didn't know how long my daughter's mother, Rowena was going to just let me hit it on the side and Cherry Johnson was definitely seeing someone...I didn't know who...but I could sense it when I talked to her.

I supposedly was in a committed relationship, but my woman was gone more times then when she was at home! I hadn't said anything, but this was something I was going to have to deal with...sooner than later.

II-





I couldn't stay cooped up in this apartment all day...So I donned my umbrella and my car keys and headed towards a hot and tony new coffee shop I'd been reading about that I wanted to try.  I had my smartphone and my Kindle with me...that was all I needed.

The spot was called "The Coffee Pot" ..Obvious enough huh?  I walked in...ordered a tall steaming tumbler of coffee and some delicious strawberry crepes with whipped cream on them.  I checked my phone for any news or weather updates and then I turned on my Kindle....I was reading a hot new novel on it....Perfect...coffee, crepes and a good novel....

"I gotta tell ya Ralph , You really know how to live" came a familiar voice...It was Cherry Johnson.


"Heyyy what are you doin here?" I asked.

''Same as you, checkin out the new spot and having coffee." she laughed.

"I'm off today." I said.

''Me too!" she said.

"Hey uh... You and Minay still kickin it?" she asked.

''Yeah, She's away in London...This is the third time this year she's gone there...It's a wonder she keeps a job at your spot." I said.

"Ralph uh...she quit Victoria's Secret about a month ago...She didn't tell you?" said Cherry...

"No...No..she didn't....That's right around the time she went to London." I said.

"So I guess you don't know about her loft do you?" said Cherry.

''What about it? I haven't been over there to check on her spot.....Uh, in fact...I don't have the keys...I found them missing right around the time she went to London....I think I left em over there the last time I spent the night." I said.

"Ralph....She canceled her lease...She's selling the place." said Cherry.

"Huh? How do you know that?" I asked.

''Roscoe told me." she said.

"Roscoe?  Fathead's boy??  How does he know?" I asked.

"She bought that place from Chris Thompson and Chess......You know he's tight with them...Plus...He's seperated from his wife now and about to divorce....He's getting ready to buy that spot as soon as all of her stuff is out of it." said Cherry.

"He told you all of this?" I asked.

"He stops by Victoria's Secret..We talk sometimes." said Cherry.

''Oh , you talk?" I asked , giving her a side eye.

Her face betrayed no emotion...

''Yeah we talk...Which is apparently more than you and your girl is doin." said Cherry.

"Yeah, you're right...I better check this out!" I said.

"I thought you knew....that's all...I didn't mean to be the bearer of any bad news...Maybe she wanted to tell you herself." said Cherry.

''Ya think?" I asked ,trying to hide the undeserved and surprising sarcasm in my voice.  Cherry didn't deserve this...None of this was her fault!


"Hey look...the rain has stopped." she said.

"Yeah, how about that!  Hey listen...Thanks for the heads up Cherry, No really..thanks ...I owe you." I said and paid her bill and mine...

"Gee thanks Ralph." she said as she got up to leave.....She turned and kissed me on the cheek.....

''Good Luck baby...You can call me if you need someone to uh talk to." she said.

''Wow..that's all?" I said with a raised eyebrow. I was thinking about Cherry either naked or in something sexy...I think she knew that that was what I was thinking too!


Cherry laughed...."You are a trip...bye Ralph" she said.

I was going to the U.K. tomorrow!  I used my smartphone to find a good flight out and to order a round trip ticket!

Then I stepped outside!

It had stopped raining!



(Definitely To Be Continued...)
<

3 comments:

Toni said...

Looks Interesting!

Lisa said...

Hard to believe she is selling her loft and quit her job and Ralph didn't know that...Probably spending too much time with Rowena!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I wondered when Ralph was going to get around to looking into this mess with Minay!