Friday, October 21, 2016

A Girl's Got to Weigh Her Options


"Hey Siss" said Captain Romaine...down in records..."Haven't seen you guys around in awhile." he said.
"I know...When we are working on the big ones...We tend to uh vanish to another location..Where we can concentrate."said Sissy and she ,Sharon, Duke, Angie and I entered the basement of Headquarters....

 "Wow...Why is all of the records sections down in the basement? So are ours?" laughed Sharon...
 "Yeah? This is like the end of the world...End of a long career too..."laughed Duke...

"You laugh...This is where me, you and Rico are going to end our careers one day, when we are old and near retirement and off the streets."said Angie.

 "Nah...How bout we all go riding into the sun before that happens?" said Duke.

I smiled...I just hoped all of my friends lived to retire.. They were all pretty smart detectives...I was sure they all would...
"We are here to sign out all of the files pretaining to Haywood Coley Jr.  Just temporarily....Until we catch him..."said Sissy..

"You guys need to put a bullet in him, put him out of his misery...His victim list is in the double digits by now isn't it? and he's an escape risk...Do the world a big favor Siss."said Captain Romaine...

"Hah Ha...if only it was that simple...Right now..All we want to do is catch him."said Sissy..

"Have at it.."he said.

II-
At the Medical Examiner's Office...Dr. Hazel Baylor was signing out all of the DNA and Forensic Evidence related to Haywood Coley Jr. and his victims..

"We aren't going to make the mistake we made the last time of allowing him to steal all of the files related to him, thus making it easy for him to vanish and start killing again." said Hazel to Carlotta, Tyriq ,Jimmy ,Sirena and Hop..who were filling the boxes up and putting them in our van..

"This was a good idea Boss Lady had....To be at least one step ahead of him."said Carlotta..

"This guy couldn't have gone but so far....Unless he's stolen a car...."said Tyriq.

"We got State Police and FBI on the lookout for him and Dr. Quinn Harley on the highways, Bus Stations, Train Stations and Airports ,not just here, but the entire tri-state area..." said Jimmy...

"We've been monitoring her credit card and debit card purchases...She's very clever ...Buys in areas, far from where she is reported living and buys extra food and toilietries.."said Sirena..

''She's quick..She's always a step ahead of us...Gone by the time we get there...I keep thinking they couldn't have gone far."said Hop...

"He's Always been slippery...Slippery as canned Grease.."said Jimmy.

"You and Sirena said yesterday that her spot was empty right?" said Carlotta.

"Yeah and I kept feeling as if they were near us...Looking at us, laughing..." said Hop...

"What's up Lotta? Talk to me.."said Sirena..

Sirena and Carlotta bonded years ago during a case in which Sirena met her future husband and Carlotta's partner, Tyriq...
The two had worked together on another case after that and had gone undercover together another time ,all before they began working together in this unit...Carlotta was the godmother of two of her and Tyriq's three children and had been Maid of Honor at Her and Tyriq's wedding...They were as close as sisters.....

"Your partner may be on to something...Let's quietly go back there and check the garage of her building..
no uniforms...Just us.." said Carlotta..

"Makes sense to me...Judging by the amount of groceries she bought...They must have another spot, close by.."said Tyriq..

"I ran property checks....Nothing else under Quinn Harley or Haywood Coley Jr."said Jimmy...

"They're either using an alias..."said Carlotta..


"Or they're squatting somewhere...."said Hazel and Tyriq in unison.....

III-
And in the sub-basement of the high rise across the street from Dr. Quinn Harley's former loft...Quinn was cumming and cumming hard for the third time this morning...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned...

They had been making love for close to seven hours....She was sore....but she felt good...She softly and slowly fondled his still rock hard penis until he came once more....

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"he said...exploding like a gusher all over the sheets...

"Ouuu baby, Haywood, let's just cuddle baby...Ouuuuuuu...I can't do it anymore this morning...Woooooooooooooo.." moaned Quinn as she cuddled in Haywood's arms..

"Quinn, I want to marry you baby...I've never , I mean never met anyone like you.."said Haywood..

"Ohh Haywood..." she cooed..

"Look, we can leave here and start over....As soon as the heat dies down...I plan to steal all of my police records from both headquarters and the M.E.'s office.." he said.

"What? Isn't that a little risky?" she said...

"I did it before...Only thing, they got wise and found out...and got them back...I'd do it differently...We'd hire someone..Someone good.."he said.

"WE?" she said...

"You got money...Your family got money...And look..They got nothin on you...You're a successful Doctor, you can move about freely...We can move somewhere else and start anew...With no records of my crimes...They can't pin anything new on me...I can be free...And you and me can buy a house somewhere else...You can set up a practice and we can live good..."he said.

"And what do you plan to do with your life?" she said.

"Just make love to you baby...Good Love to you all night...That's all I need to do...I'll be a house husband..." he said smiling...

For the first time..Dr. Quinn Harley began to have doubts....At first she found being with a dangerous guy like Haywood exciting and exhilarating...but now...she didn't know....He was mad!!!...She was still a Doctor...She still had a future and he was right...The Police didn't have anything on her...Nothing they could prove...She hadn't killed anybody or conspired with him to kill anybody...She did set him up on dates with those girls...but she never told him to kill them,even though she knew the potential was there.. It was time to cut her losses and get away from him...While she still had a chance for a life...
Haywood was going nowhere....A Girl's Got To Weigh her Options, she thought!~

She began fondling his penis which got rock hard......

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm come on daddy,rock mommy one more time.." she said..

"Well alrightttttttttttttttttt...Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!"he moaned..

And she eased herself down on  top of him.....

Five more hours of hot, sweaty lovemaking followed....

He came so hard....that he felt as though he was dying.....So did she...

He fell backwards on the bed...She smiled at him and kissed him as he drifted off to sleep...

She got out of the bed...Went into her pocketbook and poured a chemical in a hyperdermic needle..

She took his arm....He was snoring and injected him...

"Ouch!" he said and looked at her for a minute......

"Shhhhhh, this will help you sleep baby...Just go to sleep...Go to sleep.. Mommy has to go out for a few hours..." she said...

She dressed quickly and packed her bags and fixed her hair and her make up and quietly exited the sub-basement and walked down the street toward the subway....What she gave him would put him to sleep for hours ..Time for her to put some distance between them...They were after all, looking for him...Not her.. She hated that she had to leave her car behind...The cops would be on it..

IV-

In the garage of the High Rise across the street where Dr. Quinn Harley had been living, Carlotta, Tyriq,
Jimmy, Sirena and Hop made a discovery....

''Well Look here...Her car!...Her car is still here!!...She can't be far..."said Carlotta..

"Hmmm, Jimmy and I went upstairs and checked her old loft again..
.It's still empty..."said Tyriq..
"But if her car is still here....She and our boy have to be close by...."said Jimmy...

"Like across the street.." said Hop...

"These old buildings are like our headquarters...They have basements and sub-basements.." said Sirena...
"And you could put a small bed down there...There might be a sink and an electrical outlet...Maybe even a small refrigerator..."said Tyriq..

"Back in the day...The Building Mechanic used to stay in those quarters.." said Hop..

"I'm on the phone with the company that owns that building...They're sending me a blueprint of that building to my tablet."said Jimmy...

"I'm calling my husband...I need a warrant.."said Carlotta..


"I got your warrant for you already....Guess what? We just got an anonymous tip called in about an hour ago, saying that Haywood Coley Jr. is staying in that very sub-basement...I immediately called Judge Stevens and he emailed me the warrant....Uh..I uh kind of promised him you would uh go shopping with him the next time you go to Victoria's Secret.." I said.

Carlotta laughed....

"It's a deal...I could use a good laugh." she said.

"So uh you guys are uh going in?" I asked.

''Yes...We are going in.." said Carlotta..
"You're not waiting for back up?" I asked.

"There is no time baby...It's five of us and one of him...He's not known to be violent...It'll be alright.. We can take him... Gotta go now...Love you baby!" said Carlotta..

The five of them entered the sub-basement with guns drawn and flashlights....

Haywood Coley Jr. was waking up from a very peaceful sleep...He was nude....He was completely shocked to see Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace, Detective Tyriq Pile, Detective James Barlow, Detective Sirena Pile and Detective Tony Hopkins staring at him with guns drawn...

"Holy Crap! ...Geeeeeeeeeez Louise"  he said, startled ,upon seeing the five of them...

 "Cover yourself.. There are ladies present.. Put your clothes on" said Carlotta... turning her head...


"Oh Hell.." he said....

He immediately covered himself with the bed sheet....
 "So Haywood...We meet again huh? This is getting to be a thing isn't it? Got to hand it to you.. That trick with the car yesterday was pretty cool...but not too original.." said Tyriq..
 "Damn man...I'm glad we didn't interrupt anything..
Looks like you were uh finished.." laughed  Jimmy.. looking at the stained sheets and trying hard to hold back a laugh...
 "Well, I hope you enjoyed your little vacation...Time to go back to the slammer now." said Sirena..
"Which means Haywood Coley Jr. You're under arrest for five counts of First Degree Murder.. You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say may be held against you in a court of law...You have a right to an attorney, if you do not have an attorney, one will be given to you...Do you understand these rights as I am telling them to you? Of course you do.....You've been through this before." said Hop..


"Can I put some damn clothes on?" said Haywood Coley Jr. Angrilly...

"Good Idea" said Sirena, giggling...
 "Yes..Good Idea.." said Carlotta ,covering her eyes and stepping into the hallway...

Sirena and Carlotta stepped outside...While Tyriq, Jimmy and Hop allowed him to get dressed and handcuffed him..
"Here's some pants and your boxer shorts.." said Tyriq hurling them at him...
"Here is your undershirt and your shirt.. and your shoes and socks.."said Jimmy...
Hop just smiled...Which seemed to anger Haywood..
All that time he had said nothing.. He was shocked...
"How the hell did you guys find me?" he said.
"Just a hunch....Your girlfriend should have parked her car somewhere else.. Had she of done that.. We would have never of figured out you guys were near by.." said Carlotta..re entering the room now that he was fully dressed..

"You guys have Quinn? She didn't kill anybody...That was all me..." he said..

"Oh We know that Haywood!  She's gone...We don't have a sign of her...And there are no clothes here....No Bras, No Panties, No make up or lipstick...No Wash cloth...She left you buddy.." said Sirena..

"She would never do that!....Quinn loves me!!!...We were going to get married, Leave here in a few weeks.. She would never do that!" he protested...

"If that's so, then where is her stuff? All her clothes gone, make up gone, pocketbook ,purse...We didn't find a thing of hers here.. There is no proof she was even here." said Jimmy...
"Face it man...She dumped you..." said Tyriq...

"No..No..No...SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! QUINN WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!  NO..NO..NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! QUINN LOV ES ME!!!" he screamed...

"Hey man, not to be cruel...but where was she going with you anyway? To jail???....She's a doctor...She still has a chance at a life. With you, she was headed to jail...She must have gave it some deep thought and jetted ,why you were asleep..." said Hop..

"A girl has to weigh her options!" said Carlotta..

"Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" said Sirena...as she and Carlotta high fived...each other..
"No..No..No...SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! QUINN WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!  NO..NO..NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he screamed... "WE WERE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!! OH LAWD...SHE COULDN'T HAVE JUST LEFT LIKE THAT!!! QUINNNNNNNNNNNN,QUINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN,WHERE ARE YOU??" he screamed and guffawed and cried as they walked him out....By Now Three Police cars had drove up and took him into custody...

He cried and screamed the entire ride to Central Booking...



V-
With Haywood Coley Jr. in custody and the murders over...We moved out of our safehouse and back to our homes...The Westinghouse Investigation was over and there were no major investigations looming. Life was back to normal again..
Dr. Quinn Harley must have thought she was in the clear...She purchased a Home Pregnancy test from a local Drug Store... a few days after we captured Haywood Coley Jr. As she was walking out...Detective Angela Belton-Barlow walked up to her..

"I see you bought a home pregnancy test huh?  Think you might be pregnant?" she asked and smiled..

"What's it to you? Who are you?" she asked..

"I'm a detective and Dr. Harley you're under arrest for Conspiracy and Harboring a fugitive.." she said ,smiling..

"What?" said Dr. Quinn Harley...She turned to run...and ran into Detective Duke Baylor..

"Please don't!!!...Dr. Harley Quinn...You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say may be held against you in a court of law...You have a right to an attorney, if you do not have an attorney, one will be given to you...Do you understand these rights as I am telling them to you?Of course you do...You're a Doctor." said Duke..

She sighed and dropped her head as Duke Handcuffed her... Angie walked her to the curb where two uniformed officers put her in a police car and drove off...

Duke called me...I was sitting in the office with Sissy having coffee at the time..

"That was Duke.." I said.

"They Get her?" asked Sissy...

"Yup...Case Closed....We gotta thank Sharon for use of the FBI's sophisticated tracking devices...One that caught her credit card and one that caught her cell phone and zeroed in on her..."I said.

"You're welcome...Always happy to help my friends..."she said Laughing.

EPILOUGE-

 Haywood Coley Jr. went back to Prison after being convicted of five additional murders, bringing his total to about 16 and earning him his third Death Sentence...

It's not as if he was going to get one less or one more needle for his crimes...Instead of Green Hill State Prison, He was sent to the new Super Max Facility ,where he is locked up 23 hours of a 24 day with just an hour to shower and exercise...

Quinn Harley was stripped of her license to practice medicine and acquitted of conspiracy charges...but convicted of Harboring ,Aiding and Abetting a Fugitive and sentenced to Three years in prison...Since She is a first time offender...I'm certain she'll be released in about a  year and a half..

She discovered she was pregnant with Haywood Coley Jr.'s baby, during her trial...She had the pregnancy terminated..

Haywood Coley Jr. sent her several letters...None of which she ever answered...

Sissy, Carlotta and I finished a very busy and trying few weeks at Josies, quaffing down a few cold drinks..

"I'm so glad these two cases are over...perhaps we can rest for a few weeks...before something else jumps off." said Sissy...

"I sure hope so...Whew....You gave the guys off?" I asked.

"Yes.. and I took some days off too!...Captain Cantrell demanded it...Hopefully the city will be safe while my whole team is off, relaxing..."said Sissy ,smiling..

"You guys deserved it...Bringing down the Westinghouse Syndicate and then bringing a serial killer to justice...WOW! It's the stuff, movies are made of..."I said.

"There is your wifey..."said Sissy...

Carlotta put her arms around me....and kissed my cheek, She had on a stunning Black Mini Skirt that hugged every curve..

"Heyyy Honey Bunny." she said.

''Well, There is my hubby at the door.. I'm out.. Don't you two stay out too late." joked Sissy...

"Bye Boss Lady.." said Carlotta..

"Good Night Siss." I said as Sissy left....

I smiled at Carlotta...

"What are you smiling about?" asked Carlotta...

"I got a feeling of De Ja Vu....First time we tangled with Haywood Coley Junior...You and I and Sissy wound up here in Josie's in this same booth ,do you remember?" I said..

"Ohhh Wowww...We did.." said Carlotta...

SEVERAL YEARS AGO-


A week later , I stopped in Josies and Lt. Sissy Van Buren was sitting in a booth having a drink... I saw her and smiled and walked over to her booth..

"Drinking alone Lieutenant?" I asked...(She looked gorgeous)

"No...I'm not." she said.

"Oh...I'm sorry...Just came by to say "hi" and thanks for helping me wrap up that case." I said.

"Just doing our job ADA....You talk to your girl?" she asked.

"Carlotta?" I asked, knowing that that was who she was talking about. Actually, I hadn't seen or heard from Detective Rodriguez since the case was broken.



"No..haven't seen her." I said.

''Well...Here's your chance...I'm going to the ladies room...If you're not here when I get back..I'll understand." she said and winked as she got up.  Lawd today, Robert Foxworth was crazy for losing a fine woman like Sissy, I thought as I watched her walk away...I turned around to see Carlotta!

"Hello Keith!" she said.  Oh My God, this woman was fine....I thought to myself.



"It's Keith now , huh?" I said trying to sound cool.



"The case is over and we aren't at work. I thought I would have heard from you before now." she said.



"Yeah, that's right. I uh, I meant to call you or stop by the office, but I didn't know if it was right or if you, you know, uh..er..." I said.



"Listen ,I don't like to play around and I don't like to play games." she said.




"Yes, I know that." I said.



"Let's walk outside .Talk...I feel like you have something you might want to say to me." she said.



"You do? , uh Yeah..I do..Shoulda told you this a long time ago." I said.

She smiled...I was disarmed completely...She knew it too!

"What about Sissy's drink?" I said.



"Who is going to bother the drink that belongs to the Lieutenant of Philadelphia Homicide?" she asked.



"You uh got a point." I said.


 We walked out to the parking lot...


"Keith ,do you have any other girlfriends?" she asked.



''Wow, you get right to the point ,don't you?" I said.



''That's my job."she said.  She was in tough detective mode now.



"No....I mean have dated a few women here and there, but nobody special...I've been pretty much married to my work as have you." I said.



''Sissy told me."  she said..."I just wanted to hear it from you." she said.



"Sissy told you? You've been talking to Sissy about me?" I asked ,laughing.



"And you've been talking to her about me." she said.



"You're good Detective..You're damn good." I said.

I was so nervous!



"So.. what do you want Keith?...Do you want to be my boyfriend or do you just want to sleep with me?" she asked.





"I think you know what I want Carlotta. You know that I'm not shallow like that...You have to believe me Carlotta...I don't know anything about your past...I don't know how many guys tried to hit on you...I don't know if you've been hurt before,but I'm not like that...I'll prove  it to you if you let me....." I said.



"Everybody's been hurt before Keith and if they haven't...Then they should be. Cops try to hit on me all the time..Perps even try to hit on me...But there was one guy!!Not a cop ,but the one guy I was a little attracted to and it turns out he is married and I would never deal with a married man." she said.





"Who is this married guy?" I asked.


"Nobody you need to concern yourself with...He's a good guy, a decent guy and he really loves his wife..I only thought about him for a minute..We never so much as had a conversation about it...I wouldn't." she said.

I hung my head...



"Oh. So I guess I'm plan B huh? I mean a girl's got to weigh her options right?" I said.



"Play your cards right and you're Plan A." she said softly...


"I'm a good card player." I said.  "I want you...I'm tired of playing games too...Ever since I first laid eyes on you, your first day with Tyriq and Duke...I've wanted you...And I know we can't be all out in the open with what we are doing but-" I said before she interrupted me...

"You had me at you're a good card player." she said...and she kissed me...slowly and softly......


"Damn, that's good." I said.

"You like that huh?" she said..

"Ummmm, you know I do." I said.

"I like it too." she said.

We kissed again...


We walked over to her car and got in and closed the doors and made out like two teenagers for a few minutes.


Carlotta fixed her hair and tried to straighten out my shirt and suit jacket...She smiled...

"I suppose we'd better go back inside before we are missed." she said.



"Yeah, uh...that's a good idea." I said.

 "That was the first time I really kissed you." I said.

"No.. It was the second...I kissed you in the same parking lot a week before ,after you took me out for a drink." said Carlotta...

"Yes you did!!!...How could I forget?" I said.
She took my hand in hers and we walked outside...


"Because they have gotten so much better since then.." she said and smiled..

"Yes Lawd!" I said.. and we kissed passionately there on that street corner...underneath the glare of the street light...

  She stared in my eyes...

"I had no idea then I was kissing my future husband...but I'm glad we worked out...I'm glad we got married.." said Carlotta..

"I knew you were my future wife." I said.
"You did? she asked...

"Oh Yeah....and now Mrs. Wallace, let's go home and uh do things married people do..in the dark..."I said, smiling sheepishly...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu papi...you had me at let's go home.." said Carlotta..

And we both cracked up laughing!




\

4 comments:

Toni said...

Nice...I loved the way you took us back to the very beginning, When Keith and Carlotta first got together!

Angie B. said...

This was sweet! Loved the flashback sequence!

Sunflower said...

I am echoing the same sentiments...Loved the Flashback sequence...

Anonymous said...

Throwing Panties, Just read this after all of these months!