Monday, October 10, 2016

Pool Of Blood

"What the hell?" I said as I made my way through the Crime scene tape.....I'm Homicide detective Nate Nellis....

The entire floor was crimson red....completely covered in blood..

"Hold Up Honey Bunny...Let one of the CSI guys give you some booties to put on.." came the voice of my sexy partner and wife of a few months ,Homicide Detective Monica Talbert-Nellis , who was already at the scene of the crime ,when I arrived..

''Yeah HONEY BUNNY...Let us give you some booties.." laughed one uniformed officer...

Two others began to giggle as I was passed some latex booties for my feet ....

"Look at her officer...You ride with anybody who looks like that? Huh?  You got anybody that looks like that under your sheets?" I asked.. "You don't even have a girlfriend do you? " I asked...

The officer who made the remark turned as red as a beat....The other two officers were suddenly quiet..

I smiled..

"My point exactly...Now go help the CSI guys find some clues.."I said..

"Yes Detective." they all said..

Monica looked at me...

"I'm sorry ...I'll be more professional next time...I didn't mean to embarrass you.." she said.

"You didn't baby...I'm the luckiest guy in the world...I got you to wake up to every morning.." I said..

"Awwww Bae, you're so sweet.." said Monica, blushing...

"So, uh what the hell is this?" I asked....

"Damn if I know...The tenant in the down stairs apartment reported blood seeping through the floor this morning........

.The super came up here and found the room practically flooded with Blood..."said Monica.

''Okay..Who is our victim and where is the body?" I asked.
"Good Question Brother in law and damn if we can find the body....But this is human blood and anybody that lost this much blood can't possibly be still amongst the living.." said my equally beautiful sister in law, Dr. Monique Talbert....My wife's identical twin sister...The Coroner...
"No body, but a room full of blood....It's almost two inches deep...I've never seen this much blood in my life.." said Monica.

"It's almost as if ...as if the body was drained....What are we dealing with here...a Vampire?" I asked...

"Let's hope not Bae...." said Monica, smiling..."I was getting ready to wash my hair... when I got this call at home.Sis is getting me ready for my photo shoot tomorrow.." she said.

"Photo shoot?" I asked.

"Hot Copz 2041..I know..I know it's kinda shallow, but I did do a pin up for it once before.. As you already know."said Monica.

Hot Copz is a calendar with photos of our most attractive female and male detectives and officers...Each candidate is chosen by votes from the rank and file...Monica did a pin up years ago....I had it in my apartment...I had met her only once...briefly in the hallway when she was at a vending machine...When I saw her photos in Hot Copz, a periodical published and distributed amongst the Philadelphia Police Department ,with proceeds going to the families of officers slain in the line of duty...






I cut the photos out and had it in a scrap book...A scrap book Monica found one night when we were just dating and she spent the night with me..


She was flattered...

''Wow...You've been liking me for a long time haven't you?" she said.

"I found bone fragments...they're real thin....I'm thinking..Our victim was beheaded and the deed was done with something really sharp...Like a sword..."said Monique..


"A SWORD???" Monica and I said in unison...

''Yes...Where else did all of this blood come from..?" said Monique..
''We've searched this apartment...There is no body...and there is no trail of blood in the hall or down either exit..."said Monica.

''So the killer was wearing booties and probably used latex gloves..." I said.
"My daddy told me about a case he worked on as a rookie , where the detective used Bloodhounds to find the latex gloves used by the killer and when they did...The detective turned the gloves inside out and got a fingerprint..."said Monica...
"That's Brilliant..."I said.

II-
Detective Kylie White knocked on the door...

"Mo-Mo...Nate..We found the body....well uh at least part of it..." said Kylie..



''What? Where?" said Monica, Monique and I in unison..
"Down here in an alley...in the dumpster...The killer didn't go far....w found bloody latex gloves too!"said Lt. Cotton ,who had on Latex booties and Latex gloves...
We walked down the stairs to the alley behind the building....Where we saw the dumpster....The CSI people had lifted the wrapped body out of the dumpster...

''White male about 28-29 years of age....missing a head...."said one of the CSI guys...

"WHAT?" I said incredulously....
"Officers..keep the press and all of those people away.."said Lt. Cotton..

"YES SIRRR" they said.

"The body is nude...but we can get finger prints...even if the head is missing." said Monica...
''Who was renting this apartment?" I asked.

"His name is Blair Reynolds..White, male, 28 years old...Probably our vic....He was last seen around 7:00 pm this afternoon..."said Lt. Cotton..
Monica examined the body......

"I found his wallet upstairs and his drivers license....Credit Cards and debit card.....His Smart phone is upstairs too..It's being bagged and tagged...He had $570.00 in cash on him...This wasn't a robbery." she said..

''And his car is out front...The doors were opened.."I said.
"My team will dust them for prints...Maybe they'll match this body here....If we are lucky..."said Monique.
Monica looked up..

"Hallelujah..It looks like we have working Street Cameras....I'll put a team on them."she said.

"I've never seen so much blood..."I said.
I was thinking about the floor....loaded with blood from end to end...

''Yeah, me neither....I sure hope this isn't a serial killer...And I hope you two can crack this case quick....This is right up your alley....No pun intended Mo-Mo....You like the weird ones...But I don't want a media circus behind this.." said Lt. Cotton.
We watched as the body was wheeled into the Medical Examiner's van...
Monique looked on sadly....

"Wow...I've seen so many people wheeled away on that stretcher....And I know one day that's going to be me or one of you..." said Monique...

I put my arm around my sister in law...

"I know baby...but it's not us tonight..." I said..

Monica looked at the two of us and smiled warmly....

III-
The fingerprints from the headless corpse and the fingerprints from the car were a match....Our headless corpse was indeed 29 year old Blair Reynolds...

He wasn't from Philadelphia ...He was from Toronto , Canada....Had become an American Citizen just two years ago...

Designed Apps for Phones, Tablets and Computers....

"He's got no next of kin...His mother is dead and his father vanished 10 years ago...Apparently here in Philadelphia." said Monica..

"Here?" I asked.

"Yeah....He was some kind of Investigative Journalist..."said Monica..

"You think Junior was lookin for his dad?"I asked.

''We won't know that until we find somebody who knows our victim...." said Monica.
''Tomorrow,... we have to talk to the people at his job....and see if they can tell us what was going on with this guy...I'm also going to run his financials.."I said.

''Bae..could you cover for me for the first few hours ?" asked Monica.
''Your shoot right? Yeah..I'll take Kylie with me.."I said.
"Thank you bae..I'll make it up to you.." she said...
I thought about the dress she was going to wear and the hairstyle Monique was going to style for her and got immediately aroused...I knew she could hear my thoughts and feel my emotions , her being a mutant and all..
She smiled..

''Wow , we been married almost a year and you still think I'm hot huh? I must be doing something right." she said and smiled.
''You're doing something right when you wake up every morning bae."I said.

''Awwww stop it Nate, before you make me cry.." she said...

"Now about our headless victim?" I said..

''Silly"laughed Monica..

(TO BE CONTINUED)




No comments: