Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Planet Without Pity

Carlos and I entered the bar....Except for the fact that we were on the Planet Mars ,it was like any other bar...
packed with people, drinking cold brews amongst other things, listening to music, laughing and talking..

We had left Earth a day ago....The Martian sun and Moons were different than what I was used to on Earth....

I wasn't sure what day it was...But from the crowd and the way everybody was carrying on...It was safe to assume it was a Friday ,though like I said..Days were different on Mars.

Both Carlos and I split up and began showing people both photos and Holograms of Dr. Morris Lydecker, known here as Molye....

He was well known by everybody....but nobody had seen him around this bar in about a week..

Several people told us of an address we might find him at....It was the same address that Monica and
Kylie were on their way to as we spoke..

I didn't like the thought of just those two going there to pick him up...Even though both women were more than capable...They had both been Homicide Detectives longer than I had.

But still they had no back up...
They were waiting for Jack McCann's Marshalls...
And even though she didn't have time to explain...Monica told me telepathically that she didn't trust the Chief Of Detectives...That she had detected duplicity in his thoughts...

This explained why he wasn't willing to help us...and had been ducking us...
"Nate...I think we've stirred up a hornets nest in here...I get the feeling we are being watched and followed."said Carlos..
"I get that feeling too."I said..

I didn't have my wife's mutant hypersenses...but in a situation like this ,I didn't need it...Several men were looking at us...And it was not our imagination.




II-
 You could cut the tension with a butter knife..Four guys ,two on each side surrounded Carlos and I...





They patted their coats...Letting us know they were armed..
"Los...You get the feeling that these boys don't care that we are cops?" I said.
"I do." he said.

 The one who looked like the leader said..

"I'm Dr. John Stanos...You boys askin about Molye...What is your business with him?" he asked.
I pulled my badge..

"We're cops if you must know...We have a warrant for his arrest...Two counts of Murder one and embezzlement ...We know he's here on Mars."I said..
Carlos pulled his badge also...

"He's telling the truth." he said.
"I'm Dr. Williard Breezely....I'm looking for Molye or Dr. Morris Lyedecker.." he said..
"I'm Dr. Carson Cummings....I'm lookin for that sucker too.!" said another big gruff looking man..
"I'm Dr. Clem Hopper....I'm lookin for that sucker too.!"said the fourth man...

 I really wished Monica was here..So she could scan their minds..None of these men looked like they were doctors...They looked more like Wrestlers in the WWF or basically ,Criminals...
"We were Dr. Lyedecker's research assistants back in Philly...HE absconded with close to a billion dollars in grant money....That was our pay ,our yearly pay....amongst other things....He vanishes and the four of us are out of a job..We tracked him here...It took us years...but we found him...No thanks to that piece of shit Chief of Detectives...He was no help.."said. Dr. John Stanos..
"Yeah..He was no help to us either..but we plan to get him...We know another place he might be.."I said.
"Look, I don't know about getting your money back and it's too late for your jobs...It's been 10 years...but you give me and my partners a few hours and we are going to get him and bring him to justice...You'll see him tried for his many murders....We can count up to four now and the embezzlement..."said Carlos..
"He's never going to see the light of day."I said..
"You hear that boys?" said John Stanos..
"I hear it!" said Carson
.."I hear it too."said Clem...
."Well Hell, Our Job is done...Bartender...A round of beers for our new friends.." said Willard Breezely..
Beers were brought over for all of us...God I wished Mo Mo was here...No way these guys were doctors..Maybe I was judging by the beards and the scruffiness of their dress...but they just didn't look or act like any doctors I'd ever seen...

Still I was relieved that Carlos and I didn't have to fight our way out of this bar and that these guys appeared to be friends...

III-
Monica and Kylie had found the place where Molye or Dr. Lyedecker laid his head...
"I'd love to have some back up right about now...This place is huge.."said Kylie..
"I just sent Jack McCann a text...Told him our location....He's on his way...His Marshals are here..."said Monica...

The two women were at the front door..
"You sense anything Mo?" asked Kylie..
"I can hear the thoughts of a man...He's in there...I don't hear any other thoughts..Just one man.."said Monica....
"It's so cool that you can do that.."said Kylie..
"Sometimes it is...Sometimes it's a real pain in the butt.."said Monica.
"We wait or we go? " asked Kylie..
"We go...It's just one man....I don't hear any other thoughts...or feel anything else.."said Monica....
Before they could do anything...The door opened...A very sexy woman ,wearing a black leather bodice, Eyes covered by Black leather sunglasses opened the door..

"Come in...We've been expecting you.." she said..
"You didn't hear her Mo-Mo?" asked Kylie..
"She's an Android...She's not real Kylie."said Monica.
''She's very real ladies..her synthetic skin almost feels like yours and mine....Ah designed it myself "said the man known on Mars as Molye...Real name, Dr. Morris Lyedecker.. 'Go ahead..Feel her arms..She won't bite." he said.
Monica felt her arms..

''She does feel real...Oh My God.."said Monica.
"Told ya...she's hell in the bed too...and never gets tired....Ah luv huh!" said Dr. Lyedecker..
"You're a genius...I've read about your work with Cybernetic and Prosthetic limbs...Can barely tell them from the real thing."said Monica.

"Come again?" asked Dr. Lyedecker.
''We know who you are..Dr. MORRIS LYEDECKER...Missing for ten years..Vanished with close to one billion dollars in grant money...one dead assistant left behind, body recently found under the ocean....with a slug in the head..."said Kylie..
"And possibly wanted for the murder of a District Investigator and the undercover agent sent here to locate you awhile ago..."said Monica.
"All that huh? You must be them little ole Detectives that come out here with a warrant for my arrest huh?" he asked and laughed, taking a puff off of his vapor-ette, A Cigarette substitute that didn't use Nicotine, but rather a non-addictive drug that brought about a sense of euphoria and sexual arousal...
Monica pulled her handcuffs out..

"Morris Lyedecker, you are under arrest...You have the right to remain silent..Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..You have the right to an attorney, If you can not afford one..One will be made available to you...Do you understand these rights as I read them to you?" asked Monica.
"My ...My..My...If you two aint some pretty little ole colored gals...Ah love brown sugar occassionally..It's been awhile since I slept with a real live human being.." he said.
"Well Sex is not on the menu tonight Doctor.."said Kylie..
''Ah know ladies...now yall been in mah house for oh about ten minutes ,give or take a few right?  And unknown to you...A steady flow of air has been pumped in here..laced with Belladonna...It should start taking effect right about now.Ah am somewhat immune to Belladona...Heh heh heh...." he said, smiling..
"Mo Mooooooooooooo...I don't feel so good...I feel like I'm gonna throw up...The room is spinning in circles.. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.."said Kylie , who grabbed her head and collapsed in the middle of the floor..
"Kylie...Kylie...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Oh my god....ouuuuuuuuuuuuu, you bastard..."said Monica, who was also feeling dizzy, like the room was spinning around...She was slowly losing her balance and she too fell to the ground....unconscious..on top of Kylie..
Dr. Lyedecker laughed...

"Sorry ladies..I hate to be an unhospitable host...but this place is scheduled to blow in twenty five minutes..It's laced with explosives set to a timer...Neither of you will be awake by then...Come on Honey..Let's make like a  couple of hippies and blow this joint." he said to his android..
''Yes Big Daddy!"said the Android as the two departed.
the booby trapped complex...

Leaving Monica and Kylie on the living room floor, knocked out!

IV-
"ALL CLEAR!!, This place is empty sir...Those two girls alive???" asked one of the Marshals...

Jack McCall and his Marshals raided Morris Lyedecker's complex, but did not find him!

 "Yeah, they appear to have been drugged..Pick em up...Get em out of here.."said Jack McCann..
The Marshals ,who arrived just minutes after Dr. Lyedecker and his Android had left...lifted Monica
and Kylie up and took them out of
of the complex...
"We just missed him...This won't happen again.."said Jack McCann.

They got out just in the nick of time..
The entire complex exploded...leaving not a trace of anything...
"Good Lord...He booby trapped the place"said Jack McCann..
Monica was just waking up...

"We had him...We were about to put the cuffs on him when the lights went out.."she said..
"He said something about Belladonna and him having a high tolerance for it."said Kylie..
"That's what he used huh? That son of a bitch..." said Jack McCann...

"Come on...Let's get out of here...It's not safe on this part of the planet...My men and I have a safe house on the other side of the planet...That Chief of detectives isn't aware of it...You, your husband and you other two are welcomed to bunk with us until we can figure out something..."said Jack McCann..
As they got in their vehicles and headed to their safehouse on the other side of the planet.
Our place was very nice...It had a kitchen
A living room and several bedrooms...



Monica and I, Kylie and Carlos sat in our living room...
''Me and my men are in the other cabins in this complex....I imagine you guys might be hungry...There is a nice cantina not far from here..We'll meet in about two hours and discuss the days events and come up with a plan of action.." said Jack McCann.
"Sounds like a plan."said Carlos..
"That Lyedecker is one canny guy.."said Monica.
"He knew we were coming and had the place booby trapped..."said Kylie..
"He drugged us with some drug called Belladonna..He has a high tolerance for it..Kylie and I didn't"said Monica.
"Good Thing Jack was there...Or you guys would be going home alone.."said Kylie..
"If he knew you guys were coming...He was tipped off..By that crooked Chief of Detectives..
I said.
"Close to one billion dollars buys a lot of good will...His plastic surgery...Hiding out on Mars and the Moon for ten years..and something to do with the Chief of Detectives pension..He's not going to be of any help.."said Carlos..
"I need to call Lt. Cotton...I need to check out those four charactors we met tonight Carlos..I don't think they were doctors.."I said..
"What a day.."said Kylie..
"And this was supposed to be a piece of cake."said Monica.

I knew it wasn't going to be...Not on this Planet without Pity.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


11 comments:

Tate 2 said...

Damn, This is good!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

The Girls escaped a close one!

Toni said...

That was close! Whewww! Good thing those cops got there when they did...Surprised Monica didn't detect the trap in his thoughts..

Angie B. said...

Being on Mars may have muted her powers somewhat...You know how she gets when it's a blood red moon!

Sunflower said...

Keith didn't state that, but you could be right!

Vanessa said...

Damnnnn, This is good!

Halo said...

I couldn't stop reading!

Cheryl said...

Me neither...Love this Blog!

Lisa said...

Awesome sauce!

Brenda said...

That was close...Both Mo Mo and Kylie unconscious in a booby trapped house...Nate and Carlos surrounded by those rough looking thugs...(By the way they aren't doctors!)
Phewwww, this was good!

Rita said...

Wow! Incredible Storytelling Keith!