Monday, July 8, 2019

Josie Boyd For The Defense


"One thing I like about Philly...You guys have so many great rooftop restaurants..."I said...

as I looked at the horizon that was Philadelphia..Several Years ago, I was a Homicide detective in New Orleans...and a sometime musician with no family, few friends who had been left at the alter twice by two different women....

That all changed the night I met her..

Olivia Bennett, A lonely recently divorced Attorney from Philadelphia...who was vacationing alone in New Orleans at Essence Fest and who had dreams of starting her own law firm...
We had one of the most memorable one night stands of my life at least....I was in love...I knew then that I had to spend the rest of my life with her...

Fast forward to now..

We've been married a couple of years now...I live here in Philadelphia and I am the investigator for the law firm she runs with her niece, Beverly who is also an attorney...also sitting across from me

with her husband, Nelson East..
an Attorney who works with us ocassionally and shares a duplex with us..
and last but certainly not least is the reason we are here tonight..We are honoring our Para-Legal, Josie Boyd , who as part of her studies in law school is going to go to the Public Defenders office tomorrow
and relieve some poor over-worked attorney of their case and actually try it...They know she works for Olivia and Beverly...and the catch is...While they can help her with the case...They can't actually assist her in court...She has to use another licensed attorney..

 "I'm so proud of you Josie...You're about to try your first case..."said Olivia ,practically beaming like a proud mother....Like her niece ,Beverly, Olivia was nine years older than Josie...So she too was like a little sister or another niece to her..
"I'm proud of you and they didn't say I couldn't assist you as an investigator did they?" I asked.

"No they didn't...They just said Liv and Bev give me an unfair advantage..."laughed Josie..


"They've got you trying a real case...Some poor schumuck who can't afford a lawyer is being pawned off on a student, no offense to you Josie and they are saying Auntay and I offer an unfair advantage.."scoffed Beverly..


"I always hated how the Public Defender's Office often played with the lives of the poor and disadvantaged...I always tried to give whoever I had the best defense possible..That's how I made my bones."said Olivia..
"Me too...You taught me that Liv... You and uh Larry North made me take the job serious and not just plead guys down into prison sentences..."said Nelson.

''Liv did you ever do what I'm doing...a Student case, when you were in law school?" asked Josie..


"No, but I assisted a bright young attorney when she was a student...She was just like you, close to graduation and the Public defender's office gave her a case....I assisted her on it and she won.!" said Olivia with a smile..


''WOWWWW..Wonder where she is now? or if she remembers your help."gushed Josie..


"Oh she does....You're sitting next to her..."said Olivia..
Beverly beamed...

"It was me..." she said..


"Auntay and I worked our first case together.." said Beverly remembering.. "And a year later after I graduated and passed the bar...I came to work with my Auntay and my future hussssband at the Public defender's office.."said Beverly proudly...
"I remember the first time I saw her.....I was like wowwww...every woman in this family must be fine.."gushed Nelson, not realizing he was saying this out loud...He then blushed and turned his head around..


 Olivia cracked up...

"It was love at first sight....For him....Beverly was a little afraid ..a little nervous by all the attention she was getting from both Nelson and Larry North and I think it was another guy wasn't it?" aske Olivia, laughing..
"You Mean Leftenant Mortimer? Ohhhh gosh....He wasn't even in the running..."sighed Beverly...
"Here comes our food ladies..and gent."I said..

II-
Olivia and I



had two bowls of Spaghetti...


Beverly ,Nelson and Josie had bowls of Fettucine Alfredo..

The food was delicious.....


We topped it off with a nice red wine...
"I'm so happy for you Josie Girl....You've been in court with us so many times and helped us prep our clients in the mock trials...I just know you'll be fierce.."said Beverly..

"Thanks Bev....I haven't asked you, but Nelson, Will you be my assisting Attorney?" asked Josie..
''Why I'd be honored." said Nelson..

"So in addition to you... They take another student to prosecute the case don't they?  He or she usually is assisted by an ADA right?" asked Olivia.
"Yes...They've picked a guy named Darryl Jordan....

He's in my class...He's kind of sweet on me...I've told him I've got a boyfriend, but he keeps trying..."said Josie..
"Girlfriend, you slay...I swear..."laughed Beverly...
"He's cute...If I wasn't hooked up, he'd be in the running.."laughed Josie..
"Wonder who the ADA assisting him could be...Keith Wallace?? Rockland Cambridge?" I bandied about...


''For Josie's sake I hope neither one of them...That would give Daryl Jordan an unfair advantage."said Olivia.
"Maybe Miles Ellis or Ronnie Baby....Ron Harper Auntay."laughed Beverly....

"Ohhhhh god....Miles Ellis is okay....but Ron Harper....ughhhhhhhhh...I couldn't come to court and see you..."said Olivia..
Nelson laughed...

"Maybe it's a female..or someone we haven't faced..."laughed Nelson...


"We can only hope and there is still the matter of the judge..."said Olivia..
I stared at them.....Lawyers and lawyers in training..As a cop...I didn't care for defense attorneys too much back in New Orleans...My friends were Assistant District Attorneys...but here it was the exact opposite..


 My wife, Olivia
Her niece ,Beverly
 Josie

and Beverly's husband, Nelson were my family, the people I was closest to and they were all defense attorneys...

I gathered information to get people off..not put them behind bars...How different......
We raised our glasses and toasted Josie...

In a sense, I was more excited about seeing how she would do than I was about Olivia and Beverly's cases...






III-

We were home...What a great night it had been...Good food, Good Wine and family...My new family..


"You look like you had a good time husband.."said Olivia with a smile..

"Now I'm ready to have an even better time.." I said..


Olivia smiled as she stepped out of her heels..

"I'm sure you are.." she whispered softly..

We kissed passionately for a few minutes.....up against the wall....

I lifted her skirt up and slipped her panties down and off and entered her slowly,softly..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm husband...that feels sooooo good..."she moaned..

TWENTY MINUTES Passed by....

"Ouuu baby, put me down...I'm getting a cramp.." said Olivia, laughing...

I put her down...We went into our bedroom and undressed....We continued kissing passionately...
Eventually we wound up in the bed..rolling around and kissing …

Soon we were making sweet love again in the bed....I was in heaven....Olivia was as usual so soft, smelled so good, like a newborn baby and I was losing my mind...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray, don't stop!  don't stop...oh my god!" moaned Olivia...

We couldn't get enough of each other....

FOUR TO FIVE HOURS of this passed by....

I was cumming so hard, I thought I was going to die....Olivia's left leg was shaking.....

We both stared into each others eyes and laughed...
We kissed each other until we fell asleep.

IV-

"I am sooo proud of you baby girl.."said Alfreda, kissing Josie on the cheek and hugging her....You're going to try your first case..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby girl..."said Alfreda , who gushed the same way years before when Olivia took young Beverly out to try her first case.....

 "Awwww thank you Ms. Alfreda.." said Josie..
 Beverly hugged Josie too...

"Sooo proud of you Jo..." she said..
Olivia hugged her for a long time....

"You're going to be just fine..." she said..
ADA Rockland Cambridge, once a fierce opponent of ours , Now Alfreda's significant other said..

"You've apprenticed with two of the best...I should say three of the best and I ought to know..I've tangled with them enough in the past.." he said laughing...

"Here is a heads up...You probably know you'll be facing off against your classmate, Darryl Jordan

He has clerked for me...He's a very sharp guy...but you'll do just fine... The ADA who will be assisting him is Ron Harper..
my colleague...He's very good..Was once a Public defender himself.. You guys just faced off against him earlier...."said Rockland..

Beverly smiled and looked at Olivia..

"Ronnie Babyyyyyyyyyy! You better watch him Donnie Ray, he has a crush on auntay from way back" laughed Beverly...

"Oh Hush up!" laughed Olivia...
I hugged Olivia...

"Yeah I know...I can't blame him....I have a crush on her too and have since the night I first met her...." I said..

She giggled...

"I think it's more than just a crush....We're  married....Come on guys, let's go." she said..

Nelson looked at Josie..

''Well counselor...You ready?" he asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be.." said Josie..


(TO BE CONTINUED)



6 comments:

Toni said...

Oh Wow! Good For Josie!

Angie B. said...

This is going to be good.

Sunflower said...

Good For Josie, she's on her way!

Lisa said...

I love it! Josie going to court.

Halo said...

It's about time Josie got to shine!

Vanessa said...

Good For Josie!