Thursday, July 25, 2019

Voir Dire, My Dear

ONE WEEK LATER-

Jury selection for the trial began today....
It was a nice bright sunny summer day...The high was 90 degrees...

In our apartment....Kahlil had Sofia up against the wall in the bathroom, kissing her passionately, rubbing her shapely legs and running his hands down in her panties..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Ohhhhh my god!  Papi you've got to let me get dressed and you've got to get dressed too...I think maybe us spending the night together before trial wasn't such a good idea..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!  Aye Mios Dios!"said Sofia.

"Says who?, I think it is a great idea...I'm so relaxed..Ohhhhhh Sofiaaaaaa, ouuuuu!"said Kahlil, who was already dressed as he continued to kiss Sofia..

"Ummmmm Little mamsita" (his and her family's nickname for her) he moaned..
"Little Mamasita has got to finish getting dressed....Go get some coffees for us.."said Sofia...breathing heavily!
"Ohhh Okay." he begrudgingly said..catching his breath!
In my room...Bee Bee and I were both dressed and waiting for Sofia and Kahlil..We were kissing while we waited..

"Ummmmmm you ready for trial baby?" asked Bee Bee.
"I was born ready." I said in between kisses...


There was a knock on my door..

It was Kahlil...He had coffees and pastries for us all..

"Hey Guys.." he said sheepishly...

"Sofia throw you out?" laughed Bee Bee.
"Yeah...You know her so well."laughed Kahlil...

"Just so I could get dressed." said Sofia, who came to the door just then and was passed a coffee and a pastry...
Jade walked over from across the street....

''We ready?"she asked as I passed her a Coffee and a Pastry..

"Yeah...let's do this...I don't know the Judge presiding or the ADA....I'd feel a lot better if I did.."I said.

"Probably Miles Ellis with his fine self."laughed Bee Bee..
''Or Ronnie Baby Harper who has the hots for Boss Lady."said Sofia..
"Or Dannny Vanier, who has the hots FOR YOU!" said Bee Bee.

Jade and I laughed..
"Whoever it is..We can deal with them....We are a little too seasoned now for surprises."said Kahlil.

He didn't know how wrong he was...






II-

Our first surprise was being introduced to the judge...My Father, Judge Keith Marshall...
"Hello Son....Looks like we meet again...eh?" he said and laughed..
"Pops, you're the Judge in this case?" I asked..

"Yes, looks like I am....Hello Ms. Beatrice.." he said to Bee Bee..secretly checking her out.. Lawd jesus, this girl with all this body, legs, hips, breasts...she must be driving my poor son crazy.." he mused..

"Hiiiii Judge Marshall." said Bee Bee, laughing.


''And Ms. Garcia.." he said looking at Sofia and shaking his head.."My My Myyyy, look at the body on this hottie...My son went to school with and worked with her...lawd today...I would have bedded both of them by now...goodness."he thought to himself..
"Good Morning Judge Morrison."said Sofia..

''Mr. Ahmed." he said.. He remembered all of my friends...I was amazed...
"Good Morning your honor...."said Kahlil...
but when Yvette entered his eyebrows really arched..

"Ms. Jones, Ms Jones....Ms. Jonesssssssssssssssssss.....Can you get any prettier?" he asked her..
"Good Morning Your Honor...Thank you." gushed Yvette, who always seemed to wear a new dress and matching heels for each case...

Jade walked in with our client, Virginia Winters...My Father whispered to me..

"THAT'S YOUR CLIENT SON?" he asked.,

''Yeah, you know her?" I asked.


"No, but I'd like to know her...Ummmp ummmph , ummmph...I'm going to enjoy this case...All these fine women...Wait til you see the ADA you guys are up against."he said , smiling ruefully..
''We Thought it might be Ron Harper, Miles Ellis or Danny Varnier...Maybe Rockland Cambridge."I said.
"Nope...That's her over there talking to those uniformed cops.." he said and pointed....
A petite pretty young woman with a short pixie like haircut was standing not too far from us...


"I don't believe I know her.." I said..

"She's been around...Her name is Yvonne, Yvonne Harris..." he said and pulled out his phone..

He showed me a photo of the same woman in a floral bikini....

"WOWWWWWWWWWW , THAT'S HER???" I said.

My Father laughed approvingly...

"That's her...a few years ago...when she won Ms. Panties." he laughed.

"She's a former winner of Ms. Panties?" I asked incredulously...

"YES LAWD!  She modeled , both before she was in law school and a little afterwords..She doesn't talk about it and she plays it down when it comes up, but a lot of us old timers remember when she was Ms. Panties.."

"She's a brilliant attorney otherwise and has never lost a case, so you have your work cut out for you." he laughed..

III-

I told Kahlil that the ADA, Yvonne Harris was a former
winner of the MS PANTIES pageant...He was astounded...He looked her up and down..
"I can believe it.." he said..

"You gotta get my pops to show you this photo he has of her in a Bikini..whoooooooooo!" I said.

"Your Pops be on these women home slice."said Kahlil..
''Don't he though?" I said.


Voir Dire was not going to be the walk in the park with this woman, like it had been in the past...

Yvonne Harris was hip to the trick of  trying to pick a juror we felt she would reject and she did us one better,

She picked them too...

So now we had three jurors we didn't want...

 Yvette whispered to Bee Bee.

''This girl is smart...Focused...She just used the guys little trick against them...Now they have three jurors we don't really want.."she said,.
 "I'm worried....we weren't prepared for a female.."said Bee Bee.

"Yeah, we thought we might get Miles Ellis or Ron Harper , even Daniel Varnier."said Sofia..
"That would have been nice, but you have to prepare for every instance..I told you guys that.."said Ms. Yvette.



We played it straight...We brought up three more jurors who we really liked....

Naturally , ADA Harris rejected them...we brought up three more and used a reverse psychology on her..We caught her off her guard and we got them....

She used the same trick on us..and we wound up getting three more jurors we didn't really want...

The game of cat and mouse between us went on...
Ms. Yvette either nodded her approval or shook her head..

We picked three more jurors that we wanted..

The jury was stacked, six and six...

We had battled this lady to a draw...I had to give it to her...She was nobody's fool.
She smiled and nodded at us....
Lt. Tragg googled her name on his phone..
and the photo of her in the bathing suit from several years before showed up...

"Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Louise..She won MS. PANTIES 2010!" he said to himself.. "This is gonna be a helluva trial.." he said to himself as a big smile creased his face...


Our client ,who was turning just as many heads and breaking necks said to us..

"She's tough and I heard she's never lost a case...I might be in a bit of trouble.." she said..

"Heyyyyyyyyy don't lose faith in us yet....We don't do so bad ourselves and besides...If she hasn't lost a case...she's due."said Yvette..





Me, Bee Bee, Kahlil and Sofia felt good that Ms. Yvette had so much faith in us...

IV-

Lt. Danny Ho of Robbery-Homicide was getting ready to end his shift when he got a visit...
It was Lt. Tragg….

"Danny, we need to talk.." he said.

"Yeah, about what?" he asked..

"Your girlfriend, Jade Lee...

The P.I. She's working for Yvette Jones and her crew..." said Lt. Tragg..

"Yeah, I know."said Danny Ho.
''She has gone over my crime scene in the Boxley case, three times, talked to the Forensic and CSI people, interviewed several of the people I already interviewed and then some and now I hear that some of your detectives have been helping her a little bit..with my case.. I WANT IT TO STOP!...SHE'S GOT THE AUTOPSY REPORT, THE ARREST LOG AND A COPY OF THE CRIME SCENE REPORT...THAT IS ALL OF THE OFFICIAL HELP SHE NEEDS...NO ONE FROM YOUR SHOP IS TO GRANT HER ANOTHER INTERVIEW Is ThAT UNDEsRTOOD?" bellowed LT. Tragg..
"I'll tell the guys...."said Danny Ho.  "Such an insecure asshole." he thought to himself...He despised Lt. Tragg...but unlike Sissy Van Buren and her CID detectives,







he tried not to ruffle his feathers too much...

"I've made a real good case here....The whole nation is looking at this case...and the ADA is a real babe...I don't want anybody or anything messing this up..."said Lt. Tragg as he walked out...

We were all relaxing on the rooftop of our apartment complex.....


We had Tacos and

Ice cold Cokes..

Ms. Yvette and Gary joined us..

 "I love this...It's so cool and relaxing up here."said Yvette.
"It is...Nice little set up you guys have." said Gary...
 Sofia passed everybody a Taco
Bee Bee passed everybody a soda...
 Kahlil whispered to me..

"Your pops showed me that photo va va va vooom." he said..
"I told you.." I said..

Ms. Jade walked up...

"Hey Guys..Lieutenant Tragg shut me down..The CSI and Forensic people and the guys from Robbery-Homicide aren't allowed to talk to me or help me anymore on this case. I was getting so close." she said..

"He's such a..a..I can't say it.""said Yvette..

"Relax...I work for the D.A.'s office...He has no authority over me..Anything extra you need, you run it through me.."said Gary...

"Thank you Gary."said Jade..

*******************************************************************************


At a Tony Bar in midtown, Lt. Tragg knocked back a few drinks with the new ADA, Yvonne Harris.
"I can give you the book on Yvette Jones and those attorneys working with her...They're green, very green just got out of law school...You can handle them. Yvette Jones , however is very good, very seasoned..."said Lt. Tragg, who had been running his hands up her skirt, softly stroking her legs all afternoon.. she politely removed his hands a couple of times without saying anything.


"I know who they are...I know Yvette Jones and those four green attorneys you talk about graduated at the top of their class at PENN and had extremely high LSAT scores...and from what I've seen today...I'm going to have my hands full..I also know about YOU Lieutenant...How you drop the ball on things like facts and how you've fouled up more than one case with shoddy police work..Please don't do that to me. I have a spotless record...I'd like to keep it that way...I might want to be District Attorney one day or better yet, State's Attorney."said Yvonne as she sipped her drink..
"I assure you I've run a thorough investigation...I've left no stone unturned....You've got your killer."said Lt. Tragg... "Now for some uh more pleasent and personal conversation..." he said softly...running his hands across her legs and sly running them up her dress..

She laughed and then softly removed his hands again...

"I don't know what you THINK you are doing Lieutenant, but don't try it anymore...I'm about the business of this case...and THIS CASE ONLY...IS THAT UNDERSTOOD LIEUTENANT?" she said.

"Yes...Certainly...But of course."said Lt. Tragg...
''A lot of you cops and ADA's think because I won MS. PANTIES nine years ago that I am someone other than who I am...I assure you...I am not...I am an Attorney.. a darn good one..." she said.
"Of course....There has never been a doubt about that!" said Lt. Tragg...

She was all business...but maybe after this  trial was over...He could loosen her up and be about HER BUSINESS on the bed, he thought as a sly smiled creased his face..



(CONCLUSION NEXT)



No comments: