Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Snowflake

I sat in Jason's room by his bedside....They had him sedated...….They had had to remove part of his spleen and colon and liver...The shooting was bad...and like I said he had lost an awful lot of blood...
They had him sedated...So he was unconscious...
He was one of only a few white guys who attended HBCU , Howard University... He was on the football team...We jokingly called him Snowflake..

He was a hell pf an athlete...A very talented tight end...I loved blocking for him....I went to Law school and he went to Med school..he was a good guy...I believed that!

II-
Miles Away at our headquarters....The preliminary investigation would bare me out..
''Sissy this guy was either a case of mistaken identity or he's into something so deep it's off the grid in the streets totally." said Tyriq.
"He has no criminal record whatsoever....No History of Drugs or Alcohol...and everybody we talked to said the guy was a stand up guy...a great guy.." said Jimmy...
 ''He is virtually unknown in the Philly Underworld...Not a peep...and I checked a lot of my sources and C.I.'s nobody's heard of him at all.." said Sirena..


''Same here.. The guy is in a couple of civic groups...does charity works..He's an orthopedic surgeon....deals mostly with athletes. Nobody should want to hurt this guy."said Hop..
"And yet somebody did.." said Sissy..
"I checked his credit cards, debit cards and bank accounts..The guy is loaded...He's nearly a millionaire.. He owns a boat down by Penn's landing and has a small private plane.. All legit...His medical practice does very well...He's not into anybody for any money and to my knowledge has no drug or alcohol problems...Nobody I talked to mentioned anything about that...The guy is a saint.." said Carlotta..

"So why would the Gallo Brothers ,known drug traffickers , be involved in a very efficient and organized attempted hit of him?" asked Sissy..

''He's not a complete saint...He does have wandering hands...The whole time he was talking to Keith, he was running his hands up my dress and rubbing my legs and leering at my breasts..."scoffed Carlotta...
"Maybe we been lookin at this all wrong...Maybe this is about a woman.." said Jimmy...
"Hmmm maybe he was inappropriate with one of Joey Gallo's women.." said Sissy..

"Speaking of which...We got a fingerprint match, DNA in the bloodshed and positive ID of your shooter.. Richard 'Dickie " Betts...three time loser...."said Sirena..

"And the guy on the motorcycle with him is his younger brother, Tommy Betts....Not much betterWe caught him on Street Cam and the ATM cam across the street and the club cam...."said Hop...

''Auto Theft found the Motorcycle...It was stolen a week ago....They were too stupid to bleach it down...It had fingerprints all over it...and DNA.."said Carlotta..
''What about the Trap car?" asked Sissy..
''The license plate says it belongs to Joseph Gallo...."said Tyriq...
and we got a grainy picture of what looks like Mitchell Gallo, his brother and the driver, Hector Gallo, their cousin.."said Jimmy...
"Well I like when a plan comes together..  Sirena...You and Hop grab some boys and pick up Dickie and Tommy Betts....Put on your vests and trauma plates..Carlotta, you,Rico ,Jimmy and I are going after the Gallo Boys..."said Sissy...


III-

Tommy Betts was out walking catching some afternoon air...When Hop walked up on him..
"Tommy Betts my man...What is that you got there? Bandages, Gauze??? Who's hurt?" asked Hop..

Tommy looked at him, he could tell that Hop was a cop...He suspected he was a Narco...

"It aint no crime to buy bandages.." he said..

"But so many?" said Sirena , who was behind him....he looked to his side and he saw a shit load of cops...armed cops..

He looked afraid...

"Heyyyy what is this...I'm not holding.."he said.
''We aint Narcos...We are Murder police...We want your brother for attempted murder...two counts...You too playa.."said Hop..
''Come on...Don't make this hard.." said Sirena..

He surrendered and they marched to the apartment building ,where his brother...Richard Betts  was badly wounded and in need of medical attention....

They found the gun there too that was used in the shooting...







**************************************************************************

The Gallo Brothers were drinking and having their usual card game and party on the rooftop of the building they lived in...There was plenty of drinks, plenty of smoke...Plenty of women...

You can imagine their surprise when Carlotta and Sissy walked in...
 ''What you playin guys...5 card stud?" said Carlotta..
"I would ask you to deal me in, but I'm not staying long...Neither are you three.." said Sissy..

Mitchell Gallo looked like he was going for a gun...but Tyriq stopped  him...


''Wouldn't be a wise move Mitch...Take your hand out of your pocket slow...Real slow..."said Tyriq...
Jimmy put Hector against the wall and handcuffed him...

"Before you get any dumb ideas Hec...I'm gonna brace you up right now.."said Jimmy...
Carlotta handcuffed Joey....She whispered in his ear...

"You had a lousy hand anyway.." she said..

"I know.." he shrugged.. and the two of them shared an odd laugh..

They large squadron of armed Tactical squad police officers led the trio out....down the stairs and into police squad cars


as the crowd looked on and the party continued.....
Sissy smiled..

"I just love it when a plan comes together..." she said..

********************************************************************************

Sissy met me at the hospital, a little while later...
"What? You have five suspects in custody already?" I asked...

"Years ago...I asked you for some detectives...Good detectives who could close cases...You sent me your future wife, Rico, Jimmy, Sirena and Hop.






..and that's what they do.. They close cases..

.We got the shooter and his four accomplices and get this...Three of them are the Gallo Brothers , who were about to do business with the Borrasco Organization..."said Sissy..
"They Talk?" I asked.

"No, they're scared to death....All five of em… but we have enough evidence to hold them for two counts of attempted murder and conspiracy....They could be our trump card.. They are being transferred out to the federal base in Dover in the morning for safe keeping.." said Sissy.. "How is your friend?" she asked.

"He's undergoing a second surgery...but ole Snowflake was one tough white boy...He'll pull through." I said..

IV-
And in Ernesto Borrasco's tony development downtown...Buisness is coming to a close..

"Here are your books Ernesto.."said Angie..passing him his books..

He smiled..

"You do good work Angela...Heh Heh heh..."he laughed..
His beautiful wife, Maris walked in...

"You can go now Angela.."she said..

Angie smiled and looked at Ernesto..
"Maris do not be rude...but I will talk to you tomorrow Angela.." he said..

"Okay Ernesto..."she said and smiled and left..

Ernesto couldn't wipe the grin off of his face...he loved Angie's curves and her beautiful hair and her sexiness...He would like nothing better than to slip down to her floor and share her bed for a night..
His wife suspected as much and she didn't like Angela....

''Well Mr. Big shot..Your little plan has fallen apart, You should stick to being a businessman, a somewhat crooked one and leave the gangster business to the professionals.." she snarled..

'What are you talking about..?" he asked.
"My friend, Snowflake.. I mean Dr. Jason Purifoy...You had him shot...I know it was you...You had him shot..."she said..


"You mean the Doctor you were sleeping with?  No I did not...I had nothing to do with that...Perhaps he slept with someone elses's wife and they didn't appreciate it!" he scoffed..

''Ohhhhh you lie so much it's like second nature to you.. If you wanted him dead, why didn't you hire a professional?  Noooooooooooooo you hired a bunch of locals and guess what? They're all in jail...all five of them...If you don't believe me..turn on the news...See I knew it was you...I knew it was you because you handled it like you handle everything else...Like an amateur.." she scoffed..


"Do you despise me that much Maris?" he asked..

"Yessss...I do..." she said and walked away....

He stared out the window....For the first time...He looked a bit worried..


(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

George S. said...

You've got a regular "Peyton Place" here!

Toni said...

Binge Reading right now!

Angie B. said...

So am I