Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Visitors, Part 2

My office was brimming with visitors today...

My wife Sepia had paid me an unexpected lunch visit...after showing a home to a customer...and we had had a rather pleasant "lunch" as we called our afternoon trysts in my office suite...

Then Attorney Kayla Bennett-St Jacques, Newly married and with a new case had come asking for my investigative help....

And now my good friend , Attorney and Insurance Investigator, Bonnie Shay of Cyclops Insurance had come calling...I might have two cases at one time I mused..

"Hey Sepia, heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy married lady." she said, hugging both Sepia and Kayla.

 "Hey Bonnie girl!" laughed Sepia..
"Hey Ms. Bonnie.."said Kayla..

"Kayla, You look sharp girl...Marriage has been good to you...Actually I'm glad you're here...You and I might possibly be able to help each other.." said Bonnie..

"Really and how is that?" asked Kayla..

''You're defending a young man accused of murdering Marsha Mayfield,

the owner of Atlas Advertising agency right?" asked Bonnie, who had once been a Defense Attorney and an Assistant District Attorney as well before getting a P.I.'s License and becoming an Insurance Investigator for Cyclops Insurance..

"Yes I am...I came here to hire Kevin to look into this case...from top to bottom." said Kayla.. "I know this guy...He's no killer."said Kayla..

''I don't think he is either...I seriously suspect that her estranged husband and his brother may have killed her...I just need help proving it...which is why I am here..To enlist Kevin's help.."said Bonnie.

"Kayla...You said that they were about to get a divorce...If so, he wouldn't get a thin dime according to the pre nup right?" I said.

''Well Honey Bunny I'm no lawyer...but she was murdered, therefore they didn't get a divorce..."said Sepia..

"That's right and she was insured by Cyclops Insurance...We are due to pay him six million dollars...So naturally I have to investigate thoroughly before he can cash in his claim...This is my story.."said Bonnie..

"Oh Boy!" I said and sat back...

II-

 "Brother ,that was brilliant, Brilliant, you taking those plane tickets out for San Francisco and actually getting on the plane, then getting off and having me fly out on your ticket in your place.."said Ira.....
"Yes.... I was going to poison Marsha...and then move the body, but she was so nasty, so condescending that I lost my temper completely and I beat the hell out of her...She refused to drink the toast that I had for her..She ordered me to the den and she told me she had slept with Stephen Reddick and that he was a better lover and had a bigger penis than me..She laughed in my face.It was all I could take..I beat her savagely....I was so damn mad...ouuu.." said Joel...

"You wipe the place down? Prints , DNA??" asked Ira,..

''What the hell for? I live there...My prints and DNA are supposed to be there...besides...Technically, I was out of town on business...right?  I left the door open, so it looked like she knew whoever killed her, like she let them in....



That Lt. Tragg fellow interviewed me..I showed him the stub from my plane ticket...and my credit card receipt..As far as he knows..I was on a plane ,bound for San-Francisco...Heh heh heh heh heheh..He Arrested poor recently fired Eric , who everybody heard say-"I hope you die bitch.." just days before when she fired him...We are in the clear.."said Joel..

Who pulled out a bottle of champaigne and poured two flutes and gave one to his brother..

''I liked Eric...

I'm sorry this happened to him.."said Ira.

"Me too...I liked him too, he was a good kid...


He didn't deserve to be fired...That bitch on wheels of an ex wife of mine fired him so she could hire her lover boy, Steven Reddick....Eric has a good lawyer..


Her name is Kayla Bennett, she's the cousin of Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West..




I'm pretty sure she can get Eric Off..I wired 100k of the company's funds from my late wife's dummy account to her for his legal fees and an additional 100k for bail..Anonymously of course..By the time  he is set free...You and me dear brother will have a sweet 3 million a piece and be out of the country...safe from American Justice.."said Joel..

Just then , their doorbell rang...

"Put those flutes in the refrigerator and put that champaigne away...I'll get it.." said Joel...

It was Bonnie Shay...

Joel admired her curvaceous figure and how nicely her tailored made skirt and blouse accentuated every curve on her...He liked her smooth dark skin too..He found her very attractive..

''Hellloooooooooooooo..what may I do for you?" He asked.

"I'm Bernadette Shay, Attorney at law and Insurance Investigator for Cyclops Insurance...You have a six million dollar claim on your wife , who was tragically murdered while you were out of town... and I just have a few questions to ask.."she said.

"Questions?  The cops arrested the scum bag who murdered my wife...What questions do you have from me?" asked Joel..

''Well yes they did, but he says he didn't do it and he appears to have an alibi..and while I am looking into that...I just want to know where you were that night?" asked Bonnie Shay..

"I was at the Airport and I flew to San Francisco for a business meeting...My wife fired Eric Rose and I went out west looking for a new director." said Joel ,who showed her his ticket stub and his airline receipt.

''Well you did pay for the ticket on line with your credit card and print it in your office...but no one at the Airport that night remembers seeing you...I checked..and you or somebody did take that flight, but we called all of the agencies you deal with in San Francisco and none of them reported seeing you the next day..."said Bonnie.

"I met with an independent Director...Not one of our usuals…"said Joel, suddenly very annoyed.
''Can you give me at least a name or anybody who can vouch that you were in fact in San-Francisco?" asked Bonnie.


"Okay, enough...Here is the deal....I was In San-Francisco...I was notified that my wife was murdered....I am entitled to six million dollars...I want a check in my hands by close of business tomorrow or I'll take Cyclops Insurance to court for a whole lot more..Ya feel me?" he asked..

"Mr. Mayfield I'm not trying to be difficult, but these are questions I have to ask...We do a thorough investigation whenever there is a huge claim like this to be paid,..By the way...I know that your wife had hired a private detective recently who had found some unflattering photos of you and a young model and she had hired an attorney and had drawn up divorce papers shortly before her death..Now I have to look into that...You understand?" said Bonnie..

"Ms. Shay, whatever your name is...The Police have a suspect in custody for my wife's murder...Now like I said before..I want a check in my hands by close of business tomorrow or I'll take Cyclops Insurance to court for a whole lot more...I mean it...I'm through answering all of your questions...Next person you'll talk to regarding me is an attorney..Good bye."said Joel...

''I swear...it smelled like they had been drinking champaigne Kevin...Celebrating.."said Bonnie.

"I take it they didn't get that check the next day?" I said.

"No and we're being sued...I've been told to finish my investigation and make it quick...I've got 72 hours.."said Bonnie..

"Then we need to get to work.." I said.

 ''Wow....This could be on Television.."said Sepia.
"Or Pulp Fiction or on a Blog that publishes fiction." joked Kayla.


 "Imagine that?" said Bonnie.
''You did a great investigation of the husband...I'm surprised Lt. Tragg didn't...Then again..I'm not..Let's establish Eric's alibi....I'm going to pay that agency a visit and ask some questions..I suppose we should go talk to Eric at CFC also right?" I said.

"Yes, first thing tomorrow morning." said Kayla.

"I've have 48 hours by then....I don't want to give that husband of hers six million dollars and watch him skip the country if he did  this..."said Hazel..

''Don't worry...We'll get him." I said.

It had been an interesting day of Visitors....Now it was complete...I didn't think anymore visitors were coming.

III-

If I was going to get on this...I had to go to the sub-basement of my building, where my Bat cave as it were...My quasi secret headquarters of Morris Investigations was housed...



Here with 7 investigators and my administrative staff of 30 people we could pool easy information...


"Guys, see if you can hack into the Philadelphia International Airport cameras for these dates...and this time...It's going to take some time, but I need to know if you sighted either of these two guys


in either airport on these dates.  I need departure and arrival times." I said

I had googled and printed their photos...

I had two guys looking into that...

I had another two looking into the bank accounts, legitimate and off shore for Marsha Mayfield, Joel Mayfield and Ira Mayfield...

Then  my last guy...I had him to get me a complete book on Eric Rose ,Marsha Mayfield and Joel and Ira Mayfield...

I wanted the information pulled from public records...


The technology I had kept me from having to do a lot of leg work..

"Lockpick, I got a job for you to do..."I said to Lockpick Johnson, who could crack safes, beat damn near any security system and break into anyplace imaginable..

"What's up Kev.?" he asked..

"I need those two brother's phones cloned and their house wired for sound and video...Take all of the personell you need."I said..

"On it.."he said.

"New Case huh Kev?"

"Yupper.." I said.

Eric Rose, was nine years younger than me...Was Philadelphia born and raised.. He grew up in the same neighborhood as Kayla Bennett, the two were even an item for awhile...

Attended Philadelphia Public schools, Graduated with honors from Central High...Did two years at Community, Associates Degree, Bachelors ,Comunications/Journalism from Temple University..

Moved to New York City, had an apartment in the Bronx, Then Moved to Roosevelt,Long Island,Masters degree from New York Film School.

Directed Music Videos for up and coming Hip Hop stars and R&B Vocalists..Then moved up to television commercials...

Caught the attention of Joel Mayfield, who hired him...He moved to Philadelphia, got a loft and recently purchased a new car...

Was fired by Marsha Mayfield two days before she was murdered...

He says he was in Aqua Bar that night at the time of the murder.. No prior criminal record.



I'd have to go to Aqua Bar...Tonight...



Marsha Mayfield(Nee Kutzman) was next...

The only child and daughter of Soloman Kutzman, the founder of the Atlas Advertising Agency...He moved to Philadelphia from New York City with his pregnant wife and started the Ad agency on one floor in the old Flomar Building...The Agency turned into the giant is today and is worth millions..

The family moved to the mainline where his spoiled daughter was born...She was expelled from several public schools and one private school...She was sent to a Boarding school where she graduated from High School...

She Attending Prestigious Sarah Lawrence College ...she was expelled from there too after two years...She developed a coke habit and went to Rehab three times before she finally got clean..

She attended a two year Business school and dropped out after a year and a half...

She straightened up and took over the business after her father got sick...

She met and got pregnant by a slick recent Wharton Business school graduate named Joel Mayfield.
He was Philadelphia born and raised..

He and younger brother Ira attended Philadelphia Public schools, both got Bachelors Degrees from Drexel University and both went to and graduated from Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania..

She miscarried, but she and Joel got married anyway the next year and he basically ran the business...along with Brother Ira..

They brought in top tier talent to do the ads for their clients...

Marsha was over bearing and loud and crass...Most of the staff hated her, but they feared her also...Especially Ira...who she despised...

Joel was said to be having an affair with a model named Jane Sebring..





Bonnie had provided me copies of the photos the private detective she had located had sent...


Bonnie had smiled and worn a tight sexy mini dress  and a tight sweater that showed a little cleavage...and had charmed the photos out of him with a promise she'd never reveal him as a source...



of the two of them having sex at different locations...

The Attorney she hired had them also....He had shared this with Kayla...who had charmed the information out of him...She wore a white mini dress that revealed a little cleavage and a white lace bra-lette...and she flashed her pearly white teeth...The man was helpless..

Having all the in formation I could glean...It was time to hit the streets.

IV-



I got Bonnie and we went to Aqua Barr..

It was packed, loud and noisy...

"My husband and I only come here on Salsa Night Kevin...He likes to Salsa Dance and he taught me how...We love the food too." she said..

"Sepia likes it too... Olivia Bennett-Alexander told me they have another bar...a rooftop bar ,larger than this with the fish tanks and bar outside...heaters and a nice view...We are going to have to check that out..."I said.

''We were in luck...The Bartender remembered Eric Rose being there..

"Yeah, E man comes in every night...He's a regular...He was here the night he says he was...He was mad..Mad that that woman had fired him and drinking excessively."said the Bartender..

"But he never left right?" I asked.

"Not that night...I'll get you the receipts....He must have dropped $200.00 bucks in here that night..buying drinks for himself and trying to pick up women, buying them drinks too."laughed the bartender..

"He have any luck?" I asked..

"Not that night.."sighed the Bartender...who passed me Credit card slips...I pulled out my phone and snapped photos of them all...

"It was two weeks ago..Can we look at your camera shots?" asked Bonnie..

"Sure" he said.

Bonnie and I looked at the camera footage...

''There he is...that's him and look at the time....Autopsy report says she was murdered around 11:15-11:30 that night...He's here and she's so drunk...There is no way he was at her place, halfway across town killing anybody...Print and copy that. .Kayla will need it." I said..


and in yet another part of town, I got a phone call...It was Peeping Tom..

"What's up Tom?" I said.

"All done..Me, Lockpick and the boys got inside, wired the place for sound and video and cloned their phones..We blacked out the street and traffic cams and covered up the business cam across the street...

Just one problem..." he said..  "If they left their phones here...They're probably using burner phones...which we weren't privy to.." he said..

"You're right....Good job anyway...Come on in.."I said.


"Okay Kev." said Tom.
"They got the place wired?" asked Bonnie.

"And  their phones cloned...but they think they might be using burner phones...Let's hope they're silly enough to discuss this in their condo.."I said.

"Yes..."said Bonnie.

My phone was ringing..It was Kayla.

"What's going on Kayla?" I asked.

''Kevin, I was taking this case pro bono..well partially...My friend was on a payment plan...but I just received 200K in my corporate bank account...Then I got an email...It's from an anonymous source, untraceable...It says that 100K is for Eric's legal expenses and the other 100k is to go towards his bail.,I think maybe you and Bonnie should take a look at this.." she said..

"We are on our way." I said.

'What's up Kevin?" asked Bonnie..

"I think our boys felt a little guilty.." I said.

(TO BE CONTINUED)





1 comment:

Jazzy said...

You still knockomg em out fam! Love your blogs!