Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Guilt Money

It was still Tuesday...A lot had been accomplished in one day...


When Bonnie Shay and I got to Kayla's office I explained to her that we had established her client, Eric Rose's alibi and that I'd be looking into Joel Mayfield's alibi closer and listening in on his intimate conversations...

Kayla was ecstatic, but she was upset about this money in her corporate account..

She showed us her account on her laptop...

"Well your law firm will be ecstatic, 200 large... You'll get a nice little commission for this..and tomorrow, we can bail him out..."I said.

She showed us the email...

"But where did it come from?   I can't even trace the email..." said Kayla..

"Let me see your laptop...This is my area of expertise."said Bonnie..

She was so good at many things, She was an Attorney and an Insurance Investigator and a computer whiz..



After an hour Bonnie concluded..

"This money came from a dummy account..Off shore...and sure enough, as soon as I got up on it..It shut down....The balance is zero and there is no name attached to it...  This email is somewhere in Africa..I suspect this is running through several servers and it would take forever to trace it to it's source, which is right here in Philadelphia..I wouldn't worry...use the money to bail him out and be glad you got paid."said Bonnie..

"That's Guilt Money !If Joel and his brother did kill Masha Mayfield..I'm guessing they felt guilty that Eric got blamed for it..This was probably their way of making amends..Making sure that he got proper legal representation...I suppose that for murderers, they aren't all bad..."I said..


It was almost midnight..

"We've accomplished much in one night...I'll take you home Bonnie...

"Thanks Kevin..."she said.

"We'll walk you to your car Kayla.. We are neighbors now...I understand you live about four blocks from me." I said.

"Yes...We just moved in...I love our new place."said Kayla..''Let me call my hussssband..tell him I'm on my way home.."she giggled..
''And speaking of which...You'd better get home...Your pretty little wifey may be waiting for you with a nice surprise.." said Bonnie with a sly seductive smile..
I smiled at the thought.. I hoped she still was up when I got home!

II-

Sepia was up when I got home...

"You guys get anything accomplished?" she asked.

''A Lot, I have compiled all there is to know about all of the players, My guys wired the Mayfield Condo for sound and video and we cloned their phones while they were out and Bonnie and I went to Aqua Bar and established Eric's Alibi."I said.

"Wow, you guys got a lot done in just one day." said Sepia.

"Check this out.. Somebody put 200 large in Kayla's corporate account..we tried to trace it, Naturally,it was from an off shore account that closed up as soon as we got up on it..Half of the money is for bail.  She got an anonymous email that we also couldn't trace, Instructing her that Half was for his legal fees and the other half was for bail."I said..

"That was guilt money...If those two brothers killed that woman, they probably felt bad about Eric getting arrested and they wanted to make sure he got proper legal representation..It's the least they could do." said Sepia.,

"Yeah, the least...That's exactly what I said.." I said...smiling and looking at her pretty shapely legs in her short night gown that came just to her hips..She knew I was checking her out...She just smiled at me...

Sepia was wearing a dark purple slip dress that came to her thighs...She had some shapely legs....I couldn't take my eyes off of them or her..
We stood quietly in the foyer and kissed...

''Where is Kimmy Cakes?" I asked..

"Sleep..and don't wake her." she said as she led me upstairs to our bedroom..

I stared at Sepia....
We kissed passionately....

"Let's go in the room and lock the door..." she said..

"That's a good idea.." I whispered in between hot smouldering kisses...

"That's a very good idea.." she whispered...

Sepia unzipped my trousers and softly caressed my engorged and erect penis..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyy Kevin.... I need to take care of that..." she whispered softly in my ears...

"Yesssss..You do"I agreed...and slipped her slip dress up over her head....She unzipperd my trousers and fondled me gently....

"You are soooo nasty." she laughed.. "It doesn't make any sense...you being this huge and this hard.."she added...

I followed Sepia up the stairs to our bedroom......
We embraced in a passionate kiss once more...

"I can't believe you still want more after what we did in your office today.." she said..

"You forget who you're talking to.." I said..

"That's right...The Horn dog...You always want it.." she said...

"Yes I do.."I said quietly...

"You are soooo nasttty!" she replied..
I lifted up her slip dress, slipped her panties down and off and began humping her across the bed...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband,  get fully undressed ,so we can be comfortable.."she said...

I didn't want to stop...but I did..and we fully undressed.....
I lifted Sepia up and began long stroking her....She was beyond soft, very wet and smelled very good, almost baby soft...I was delirious with lust...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she moaned as a stroked and thrusted into her mightily...

A Good TWO HOURS seemed to just evaporate....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kevinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"said Sepia, who's entire body was shaking...She was having an intense orgasm....I could tell...Tears were flowing from her eyes and she was holding on to me for dear life...


I laid her across our bed.....I began to move inside of her slower and slower....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...I'm losing my mind.,.."I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she cooed softly...

A Good EIGHT TO NINE HOURS went by.....Neither one of us could seem to get enough of each other...

Our bed was squeaking out of control and our headboard slammed against the wall...

Sepia was once again having an intense orgasm...Shaking, trembling..Head turning from side to side, tears flowing from her eyes....

''Oh my god..oh my god...oh my godddddddddddddddd, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeee!" she squealed....as she positioned herself on top of me and rode me  hard and fast..

Finally, I began to cum and cum so hard....my body was trembling and shaking....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"I yelled out....

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DON'T WAKE THE BABY!" she moaned...


 ''You good baby?" she asked..

"Always" I said.
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." I moaned...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

I held her in my arms...We dozed off to a deep relaxing sleep..





III-

The next morning I found myself at the Condo of the Mayfield Brothers...formerly, the home that they shared with Marsha Mayfield..

Marsha Mayfield despised Ira, and hated the fact that he shared their condo with them...She was planning to evict him whether she had divorced Ira or not...


I had been to their agency..I had talked to present and former employees..Marsha Mayfield was universally hated by them all...And now that she was dead ,they all felt free to speak their mind about her...I rarely met a more unsympathetic murder victim.

I wanted to meet with the two brothers myself...


Ira was really gracious at first...

"Coffee?" he asked..

"Please Thank you." I said..

He poured a cup of coffee for both of us...We both sat down and drank our coffee..

"You say you're a private investigator...Mr.. Morris correct?" said Ira..

"Yes...I work for Kayla Bennett, The Attorney representing Eric Rose...who is on trial for murdering your sister in law...You knew him didn't you?" I asked..

"Yes...a very talented young man...I liked him a lot...I don't believe...or rather I find it hard to believe he killed my sister in law...but then again...She fired him unceremoniously and the two did not get along.."said Ira.

"I've been to your agency and I've interviewed present and former employees and your sister in law was not too well liked...and Eric did say he wished she was dead right after he got fired..."I said.

"Aren't you working for his defense?" asked Ira.

"I am and uh he said he was somewhere else during the time of your sister in law's murder and I can prove he was where he said he was...I've already sent the proof to his attorney...Mrs Bennett-St. Jacques.

I said, referring to Kayla...

"Then why are you here talking to me?" asked Ira...

"Yes, why are you talking to us?" said his older brother, Joel , who had just entered the apartment...

''Well, I'm talking to everybody who knew your wife and was in close proximity of her during her last hours...I understand she had just asked you for a divorce...and yet you went on a business trip to San-Francisco for the company...That seems odd." I said.

"She had just fired Eric...He was our main guy...I went looking for new talent.." said Joel.

"New Talent? In San-Francisco??? I understand, she had already hired Eric's replacement...a Man named Reddick..."I said.

"Okay, that's it...I want you to leave...We have already made our statements to the police...We don't have anything else to say and we don't have to talk to you.....or anyone else..  If you are working with that pretty little Insurance Investigator I'll tell you like I told her...The next time you inquire about us..It will be through my attorney...NOW GET OUT!" said Joel sternly...

I smiled..

"Good day ...Thanks for the coffee..." I said and quietly left..

I had set things in motion...

I was gone no more than 10 minutes when they began talking..

"I don't like this Joel...First that Insurance Investigator comes nosing around and then this P.I. that works for  Eric's Attorney comes around...I think they know something." said Ira.

"Would you relax? They don't know nothin, Nothin they can prove.. My attorney is putting pressure on Cyclops Insurance...They told that investigator to make her case in 72 Hours...She's got 24 hours and I don't think she's got anything...Just be cool and let's not discuss this here or on our phones..We'll have six million dollars and be in the clear...real soon...Just relax..." said Joel.

IV-

In court...Kayla stood with her client and old friend, Eric, who was checking her out..


''Damn Kayla,you still look good...I wish you had let me hit that thang back in the day.." said Eric..

"You should keep your mind on the case....Now this is a bail hearing.." she said..

"I know, but my mind is on that bangin body of yours...WOW!" he said...

 ADA Miles Ellis sat with Lt. Tragg, he was checking Kayla out..

"My God...Every woman in Olivia's family is fine as hell and an Attorney....That's her cousin?? Lawd!" he mused...
Lt. Tragg was angry about something else...but he was silent...

Judge Drinkwater, a no nonsense judge prepared to hear arguments...

Miles Ellis argued that due to the heiniousness and seriousness of the crime, the offender, Eric Rose ,should be held without bail, that he was a flight risk..

Kayla said that that was nonsense...She argued that Eric has no prior criminal record at all and prior to this..He was a gainfully employed director of some the areas most popular Television commercials and videos.. She mentioned his Bachelors degree from Temple and his Masters Degree from the New York film school.. she brought several character witnesses from his former job to vouch for him..

Judge Drinkwater lowered his bail to a half million....

Kayla had the money to bail him out...and after two weeks in Jail,
Eric was a free man...

He hugged Kayla, a little too long..

"Thank you baby!" he said..

"Ericcccccccccccccc...I'm a married woman now...Just stay close and be ready for trial...I have enough to get you off..I can prove you were where you said you were.."said Kayla..

"If the damn cop had done his job...we wouldn't even be here.." Eric said ,loud enough for Lt. Tragg to hear it..

Lt. Tragg snarled..

"Miles, I want you to bury that punk..." he said as he stormed out..

Miles Ellis paid him no mind..He just kept staring at Kayla and shaking his head..

"Another Bennett woman." he thought to himself..

As Kayla walked by him...Her wedding band sparkling...


And at Sam Mother's Diner..Sepia and I and Bonnie Shay had a comfortable dinner..

 Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes
and coffee..


Sepia sat next to me ,lovingly leaning on my shoulder as I ate.. She ate too..


"Bonnie, we got those two clowns nervous...They damn near confessed to the whole thing on tape.."I said..

"Good because if I can't make my case by the end of business tomorrow, they get the claim money and all this is for naught.."said Bonnie..

"I have a plan...To maybe speed things up.." I said.  'Sepia...I'm going to need Clerow and Owen Todd." I said..

"It's so sexy when the gears in his mind are working.."laughed my wife..

Lt. Tragg stormed in the diner and up to my table..

"You know..for ten years...I've put up with you playing cop Morris..but it's got to stop...I understand you and  Mrs. Shay have been interviewing people I've already interviewed concerning the Rose case...That's Obstruction of Justice and inteferring with a law enforcement officer in the commission of his duty.." he said.

"If you think you can make a case on that, you're a worse lawyer than you are a detective...I am a licensed Private Investigator...I am working for an Attorney therefore I can question and investigate who and whatever she tells me to investigate..I'm getting paid for this..I'm not doing this for free."I said..

''And I work for the Cyclops Insurance Company...There is a six million dollar claim at stake...It's my job to investigate that..."said Bonnie.

"And if you were doing YOUR job, my client wouldn't even be on trial for murder.." came the voice of Kayla Bennett, Eric's attorney...

''Kevin is working for me...on behalf of my client, who you arrested without checking his alibi thoroughly...basic police work..Detective 101...Ms. Shay is working for the insurance company...and it just happens our investigations are co-inciding..We are sharing information...You know...If you'd worked with us..We might all catch the real murderer. If you harass either one of these people again...Your department will hear from me...Is that understood?" asked Kayla..

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO?  I DON'T NEED TO SHARE INFORMATION WITH SOME TWO BIT WANNA BE DETECTIVE OR AN INSURANCE  INVESTIGATOR OR SOME YOUNG SNOT NOSED LAWYER....I'M THE DETECTIVE HERE!!" bellowed Lt. Tragg...

Kayla didn't budge....

"Goodbye Lt. Tragg, let these people finish their meal.." she said softly.. Taking a calmer tone..She realized a yelling and screaming match with Lt. Tragg would get her nowhere.. She had been in court all day...She was tired.


He didn't have a legal leg to stand on and he knew we knew it...He stormed out in frustration...

Sepia clapped...

"Go ahead Kayla girl...Your cousins ,Olivia and Beverly would be so proud of you." she said.

"I'm going to call the Deputy of Operations anyway...Just in case he harasses you guys further."said Kayla.

I smiled..

How lucky I was to be surrounded by such beautiful and talented Black women!

"Sit down Kayla...join us for dinner." I said.

I had started things in motion...I had two more people to interview , then it was time to spring my plan into motion..


(TO BE CONTINUED)




10 comments:

Toni said...

I binge read the past two ep's...Great story!

Rita said...

Ditto, I'm all caught up now...Loving this story!

Cheryl said...

I guess everybody is Binge reading your blog now...Waiting from day to day drives us crazy! LOL!

Sunflower said...

The Short Attention span generation! LOL!

Angie B. said...

Just read the previous two...Loving this story!

Lisa said...

I've been reading your blog like I watch Television....Escapades should be streamed...LOL

Halo said...

LOL! It should...At any rate...It's written better than a lot of TV fare now of days.

Vanessa said...

I feel like your charactors are real people...They have real conversations, they eat, they make love...I feel like somebody I know is telling me a story!

Brenda said...

Yeah, that's why I love all of your charactors...Even the side charactors and the villians.

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties!