Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Alibi

 The next day all of us met in the office...
Judge Pinkney Bach arrived at our office suite...He looked around...He smiled..


He was impressed....

"Yvette, you've got a nice office here...A corner office with a window...Ouuuuu You've moved up in the world...You make partner yet?" he asked..

"No ,not yet...I'm said to be on a fast track.." she said, not wanting to hear a Miles Ellis type lecture about how she was being strung along by the white partners. She knew that, but they paid well, mostly out of guilt and she got a lot of leeway and perks..

"Nice, Nice..." he said.. He stood close to her and put his arms around her..and pulled her to him...

"You know...I'm really really sorry about everything.." he said softly and seductively...He looked like he wanted to kiss Yvette...

She could feel his erection in his trousers...

Yvette smiled seductively and removed his hands from around her waist...

"You can't be serious.." she whispered..

"I'm verrrry serious baby!" he whispered seductively.....
Yvette removed his arms from around her  and moved away from him...Then her voice returned to normal.

"Let's set some ground rules here!!!...I'm only defending you as a favor to my boss...You touch me inappropriately again and you'll be looking for a new attorney...There are plenty here. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR PINKNEY??"said Yvette sterny..


''Are you a Lesbian? I mean if you are...I understand.." he asked.

''Oh because I didn't want you ,I have to be a Lesbian?  You Neanderthal...For your information, I have a boyfriend.. He's an investigator over at the District Attorney's office.. Not that I have to explain anything to you.." said Yvette..

The four of us walked in just then...
 I passed Ms. Yvette, a Cinnamon bagel with Cream Cheese and a Tumbler of Coffee...

"Thank You Loves." said Ms. Yvette.
 "Good Morning Ms. Yvette."said Bee Bee as she sat down next to me...
 "Good Morning Ms. Yvette"said Khalil.
"Good Morning Ms. Yvette."said Sofia..
''Morning  Loves" she said...She had stopped calling us her babies

We all had Freshly baked Doughnuts or Bagels and Tumblers of Coffee..Courtesy of the food truck downstairs where doughnuts and bagels were baked fresh on the truck and the coffee was always hot.

"This is my team, Attorneys Keith Jones, Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans, Khalil Ahmed and Sofia Garcia." said Yvette as we took our seats...

"I remember them...They are quite astute!" He said, laughing.. "Didn't you have an Asian associate too?" he asked , remembering he thought she was fine too...

"Yes..My Investigator, Ms. Jade Lee...Here she comes now.."said Yvette..

II-

Jade walked in and sat down with us...She had a tumbler of coffee..

"This is our investigator, Ms. Jade Lee."said Yvette..
''Ahhh the whole team is here.." said Judge Bach ,smiling..

"Let me just say that this girl is lying...I only know her from seeing her in court...She's a court stenographer...I've talked to her a few times...but that was it..." he said.

 Jade passed Yvette a couple of files..

"You've done more than just talk to her...You took her to lunch on five different occasions, Three at Sam Mother's diner, Two at Mabel Jenkins Soul food Joint...  You bought her a bracelet from Tiffanys and you bought flowers for her...So you knew her more than casually....Pinkney, if you want us to defend you, you have to be completely honest..You can't lie.."said Yvette..

Their investigator was thorough...A little too thorough for his tastes, he thought..

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Alright...I found her very attractive...I had some lunches with her and bought her a bracelet...but that's it...I swear.... She and I went to Stoley's that night...It was our first real date date..

"But I swear, she didn't come back to my apartment...She refused...I was in fact with another girl, Brenda Reagon...She's a bar maid there..She was at my place...and spent the night with me..The whole night...Here is her phone number and her address...She'll tell you."said Pinkney...
"Find Her Jade...I want her in this office and I need a signed deposition and a tape recorded testimony." said Yvette.

"I'm on it.."said Jade..

Pinkney stared at Bee Bee's breasts..her legs and her butt
a little too hard for me...He followed her every move around the office and smiled wryly..

He salivated at the sight of Sofia too!...Her legs and hips....and how her skirt accentuated her figure so well..
''So you and this girl were together all night huh?  Your accuser was never at your apartment?" I asked.

"I told you that." he said, seemingly irritated..

"We have a copy of the police report...She described your apartment to a tee."said Kahlil..

Now we saw the anger he had displayed toward Ms. Yvette in the courtroom...

"She had been to my apartment once before, but she didn't stay...SHE WAS NOT THERE THAT NIGHT OKAY!" he said evenly...

Yvette sighed...





III-

Jade appeared at the young woman's house...

A Sexy ,Petite Brown skinned woman named Brenda Reagon appeared at the door...

"Hello." she said..

Jade showed her ID and credentials..

"Hello..I'm Jade Lee, I'm an Investigator for the Attorneys who are representing Judge Pinkney Bach." she said.

"Yes...I told him to give you guys my information..." she said..

"On the night in question, you were with him in Stoleys and later at his apartment?" asked Jade..

'' I was in Stoley's , he was jocking that girl...The one who accused him of assault...He must have bought her about ten drinks....She was pretty wasted... He was practically begging her to come back to his place with him, but she refused...He offered to drive her to his place and come back for her car...but she refused...She left in her car...  He and I started talking, chopping it up a little later and I went home with him...

We uh had a very very nice night together...


VERY NICE!  If you know what I mean and I think you do!  I left that morning.." she said.

''So this girl left after you did and YOU spent the entire night with Pinkney?" asked Jade..

"Yes I did.." said the girl.

''Would you mind recording this statement and writing and signing an affidavit?" said Jade.

"Not at all." said the woman..

IV-

Back at our office, we were finishing up...

''Well, we are done here...We are just waiting for Jade to get back..."I said..

Judge Bach whispered to me...

''Yo man, Keith...What's the deal with uh Bee Bee?

 She seeing anybody?" he asked slyly..

"Yeah she is... ME!  we live together." I said.. We practically did... In the same apartment complex.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my bad man...I was just curious...What about that Puerto Rican chick..Aye Yi Yiiiiiiiii...She's hot!" he laughed roguishly...

Looking Sofia up and down...

"Sofia and my boy Kahlil ,live together also...They've been together since law school."I said.



Which after all was the truth.



''WOW!!! Everybody is coupled up here!  So uh Yvette....

Is she really dating someone?" he asked.

''Yeah..His name is Gary....Gary Lockwood ,He's an investigator with the D.A.'s office... Before him, she was involved with an Assistant District Attorney over there.."I added.


He looked a little disappointed...

"I know Lockwood, used to be a Lieutenant, Internal Affairs...Then he was A detective and Lieutenant in Robbery-Homicide before that!.. A Pretty Boy, fashions himself as a ladies man.." he snarled..


 Jade came in and went into Yvette's office...She had a written and taped deposition...
Yvette came out after a little while..

''Well, your alibi is established..We are ready to go to court..." said Yvette...

Judge Bach sighed relief...

"Good...I just want to clear my name...That's all...Thank you Yvette, Thank you and your team so much.." he said as he left...

 ''Myyy, he's contrite.."said Bee Bee.
''Being arrested, tossed in jail and accused of sexual assault will do that to you."said Sofia.

"Especially when you're a high and mighty judge like him.."said Kahlil..

"Especially." said Yvette..."I just want to get this trial over and then with any luck...I never have the misfortune of trying a case in his court ever again. I don't ever want to see him again." said Yvette...

End of a long work day...

Unknown to us... Pinkney sat across the street from us in a car

and watched as each one of us left for the day...


Bee Bee and I left, Holding hands and her leaning her head into my shoulders...
We stood on the corner and shared a rather sweet kiss, before heading toward the parking lot..Bee Bee had come in my car today!

Sofia and Kahlil left, holding hands and walking together...
They two stood in the doorway and kissed.....
And Jade leaving sometime later.. She looked at Sofia and Kahlil and said..

"You two need a room"

The three of them laughed....


He saw Gary and Yvette standing in front of the building, kissing like two horny teenagers..

So she was involved with somebody....He recognized Gary Lockwood,

He knew him.. Former Lieutenant of Internal Affairs and of Robbery-Homicide at one time, Now an Investigator with The District Attorney's office.

It was true...Yvette had a man....He was really disappointed...He wanted to try to get back in Yvette's good graces and eventually her bedroom!

How did he land a dish like Yvette? He wondered...
He watched them all  until they had gotten in their cars and driven off....He felt empty inside...He had no real relationship to think of...

(TO BE CONTINUED)





6 comments:

Toni said...

For a minute...I thought Yvette was going to kiss him...Glad she didn't...

Angie B. said...

This guy is a sex addict.....Plain and simple!

Lisa said...

Plain and simple he is..

Halo said...

He's a Neanderthal...That question about whether Yvette is a Lesbian was way out of line.!

Vanessa said...

I think rejection of his advances either turns him on or drives him crazy!

Sunflower said...

You might be on to something..The way he acted towards Yvette, Like he just has to have her and the way he allegedly acted towards this girl he's accused of assaulting..