Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Chico's Blues

 Beverly stared deep into Nelson's eyes...She said nothing..
He stared into hers...

He lifted her up and entered her slowly....

"Ouuuuuuuu sweet baby..." she cooed..

"Ohhhhhh my godddd!" moaned Nelson..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." squealed Beverly in near delirium...

"Awwwwwww lawwwwwwd" moaned Nelson.....

He didn't know if he was coming or going....He felt so good...

Beverly was trying not to moan out loud, but she could not help it...


"Ooooooooooooop...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeee." she squealed.


She squealed with delight... They were making sweet love in the corner of their room.

We could hear the kisses.....

and then the bed squeaking again....

In our room next door..
Hearing them made me pull Olivia toward me and begin kissing her as she got dressed...

"Now don't you get started...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu, come on we've got to get dressed...Or I do..
Ummmmmmmmm, you're already dressed..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she said..

She giggled and eased out of my embrace and put her skirt on , her bra and her top....She fixed her hair..
 Olivia was finishing up getting dressed....We could  still hear them...The walls were paper thin..

"Boy ,those two are certainly randy this morning...I hope they are dressed in time for us to go to the prison.." she said..
I smiled..Olivia and I had had quite a workout ourselves the night before..

But we were up, showered and dressed....

We walked downstairs...

"I'm not going to cook...We can grab some coffee's and doughnuts on our way to the prison...Do you have the directions?" she asked..

"On My GPS..." I said and smiled.

"Why are you looking at me like that and smiling?" she asked..


"You have to ask?" I said.
I pulled her to me and began kissing her passionately.....

"You have to ask?" I said in between kisses....

"Let's not get started up now...You know how you get.."she said in between smoulderingly hot kisses...

Water was running...Beverly and Nelson were in the shower together....Soaping each other down...and kissing...

Within THIRTY MINUTES...Both of them were dressed and in the living room..

They both looked like the cat who had swallowed the canary...

 "Josie and Paris aren't back yet" asked Beverly nervously....Combing her hair..
Nelson held her in his arms....He had a big wide smile on his face...

Olivia smiled..She looked at Nelson...

"No, they're not back yet...  You love her don't you?" she said to Nelson..pointing to Beverly,

 who was giggling..and blushing...

''Auntayyyy" she said...
"More than life itself.." said Nelson, squeezing Beverly tight..

"Good to know....That makes two of us." said Olivia, kissing her niece on the cheek...

"That's my sweet neicey poo!" she added.
Beverly smiled and blushed.

Olivia just laughed and shook her head...
''Here they are."I said..I was looking out the window..

Paris and Josie had taken an UBER to the airport and rented a 2020 Mercedes Benz coup...

''Here you guys go!" said Paris..

"Niceeeee." I said..

"I thought this was a bit too extravagant..."said Josie..

"I like it.."said Nelson...

 "Go Big or Go Home.. Thanks Paris."said Olivia..
''Wowwwww."said Beverly...as she and her aunt and

Josie got in the backseat...  Josie gave Paris a kiss..

"See you later baby." she said..

Paris wasn't going...He had the entire Air BNB to himself..

 I was driving...
Nelson sat up front with me..

The Five of us headed to Bridgeport Correctional Facility to meet our new client...





II-

PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT-

 "I'll call you as soon as I get to my hotel..."said B.L. Benz, the popular host of the syndicated TV show, HARD BOTTOM.
"Remember...This is Olivia's address...It is to be kept top secret..."said ADA Karen Page..

"Of course...Of course..Mum's the word..." said B.L. who pulled Karen to him and kissed her passionately..

''Sure you don't want to come with?" he asked.
"I believe I came enough last night...Don't you think? "she said seductively and smiled..


Thinking about the sweet love they made in his loft the night before......
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girrlll…" he moaned..

"Besides...I have to prep for a case..." said Karen..."Now go...there is your plane.." she said..

While in Conneticut, we were driving up to the Bridgeport Correctional Facility where Inmate Chico Rodriguez was being held on a murder conviction...

 Olivia showed her ID, PA. Drivers License and her Attorney's Identification...
 As did Beverly
 and Nelson...
 Josie
and I were identified as staff....They took my weapons...a .38 smokeless and a .40 caliber and locked them in a drawer..


Then we went back to the waiting room...

Chico Rodriguez, had been a skinny kid, five years ago when he entered...Now he been in for five years , been lifting weights and working out and was heavily muscled...

He looked at us with caution....

"I uh heard that you are the attorneys who got my case tossed out and that I'll be transferred to New Haven to stand trial again, but uh...I don't know you guys and to be honest...I don't have any money to pay you.." he said. "You don't look like Public defenders...You dress too well..Fendi bags...Movado watches...Those dresses alone.." he said..

"I see you keep up with fashion."said Beverly, smiling..

"I read a lot." he said.

"I'm Attorney Olivia Bennett Alexander and that is my niece, Attorney Beverly West-East...and this is her husband,
Attorney Nelson East and
My husband, Donnie Ray Alexander , Investigator and
Josie Boyd, my para-legal....We are the ones who got your original conviction tossed out."said Olivia.

He looked us over....

"Okay...Why did you do that?  You guys don't look or sound like you're from around here." he said.

''We are from Philly....There was an ADA , Pete McQueen Jr. who was on your case.....you remember him?" asked Nelson..

"Yeah...he didn't think I was guilty...He met with me two times and asked me if I had been beaten or co-orced into confessing... I was scared...Too scared of that cop, Russell Manson to tell him the truth..He begged me...He said he could protect me...but I didn't believe him....I wouldn't change my story....He said he didn't believe me and that he was going to toss out my confession and get to the truth....Two nights later...He winds up dead...Stabbed to death in the park...So I just clammed up...That was five years ago...I been here ever since...but I didn't do it...I didn't kill no woman or rape no woman..I was nowhere near that park the night it happened..." said Chico...

 "His father ,is an Assistant District Attorney in Philadelphia..He paid our legal fees and for our housing..So you don't need to worry about pay...You've been paid for...We are going to try and get you out of here...For good."said Olivia.

Olivia looked around...She saw one prison guard who looked like he was paying too much attention to the conversation...

She whispered to Chico..

"Can you speak Spanish?" She asked..

"Yeah? Can you?" he asked laughing..
"My aunt and my husband and I speak Spanish fluently....Why don't you tell us what happened...In Spanish..."whispered Beverly...

He smiled...He was impressed...He began to tell Olivia, Beverly and Nelson




his story in Spanish...

"That woman, she was white, pretty and blonde with blue eyes...I think she went to the University...She was out jogging...It was too late at night and she shouldn't have been in that park..It was notorious for drug activity......She wasn't from around here, so she didn't know...Somebody raped her and stole her money and credit cards from her purse...

That particular night, I was halfway across town at the arcade....Then I bought myself a case of beer and I went home...I was home that entire night...I was watching the game...The Boston Celtics against your Philadelphia 76ers...We were beating you guys like a gong that night..That was back when you guys were tanking..The Process remember?? before Simmons and Embiid." he laughed..


"Yeah I remember.."sighed Nelson..

"My husband was upset every night during that period." laughed Beverly.

"The police found her purse...Her credit cards were intact...Only her money was missing right?" said Olivia.

"Yeah, but it and the DNA evidence vanished and didn't show up until after I was convicted and safely behind bars...I've studied law since I've been here and I've filed several affadavits for new DNA testing and for fingerprint testing of the pocketbook, but all of my attempts have been blocked.." he said in Spanish..

"Yes..by Deputy District Attorney Brad Dinkins and one of his Judge friends...He didn't have a judge friendly to him when we argued for a new trial..That's why we were able to get your conviction thrown out and a new trial ordered.."said Olivia in Spanish..

"This is Josie...She's going to get Blood, Urine and possibly semen samples from you before we leave..and we are going to compare your DNA to the DNA from the semen in the panties of the victim and the fingerprints with whatever was found on the pocketbook."said Olivia..


They stopped talking in Spanish...

I whispered to him....

''Do you know anything about who could have possibly have done this?" I asked.

"I don't have a clue...I was picked up...because I have a Juvie Record...I had just been released from the ''Shocked Straight"program for Juvenile offenders.....I was a month shy of my 20th birthday...I had just gotten a job at the Pepsi Cola Bottling company, driving a truck...Detective Manson came by my house..He asked me to take a ride with him..
I thought we were going to the station...Instead...He took me to some empty warehouse and he really tuned me up.....Said that I killed that white woman ,raped her and robbed her..I said I didn't know what he was talking about..The beating continued well into the night...Then he took me down to the station and kept me up until 7:00 in the morning...Finally, I couldn't take it..I said what he wanted  me to say...I wrote a confession...

ADA Dinkins got on Manson about his high handedness...He dropped the charges to 2nd degree Murder...Took the rape charge off the table and gave me what he thought was a "light "sentence..15-25 years...He said I could have gotten life....

Bastards...both of em...I hate em...They did this to me.." he said.

"And they're both going to pay for this...I promise you.."said Olivia.


Nelson and Josie got Blood, Urine and Semen samples from him... They shipped it off to an independent DNA lab in the area and sent the rest to the FBI lab....

We left....Two days later..

Chico was transferred to the local lockup in New Haven...

He was met by TV Journalist /Attorney B.L. Benz...Host of the Syndicated Television show..HARD BOTTOM and the PODCAST...WRONGLY CONVICTED.... He got an exclusive interview and all of a sudden, a five year old case was now national news!

In all the newspapers and media outlets and drawing Nationwide concern...





Olivia, Beverly, Myself ,Nelson and Josie were interviewed at the courthouse...

Just what we wanted...

III-

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS....HE'S ALL OVER THE NEWS....This little obscure case..All over the news.... My guy at the prison said they talked completely in Spanish...He couldn't make hide nor hair of what they said..."bellowed Deputy District Attorney Brad Dinkins...

"He's in county lock up...I know some people...."said Captain Russell Manson..

"No...don't even think about it...He's been on Television...He's got too much shine on him now..And so have I....I'm about a breath away from being District Attorney...Why is this happening now?" bellowed DDA Brad Dinkins..

"Yeah and you promised me a cushy job as Investigator for the D.A.'s office...What can we do?" asked Russell Manson..

"We've got to get ahead of this somehow.."said Brad Dinkins...

At our  Air BNB, We were entertaining B.L. Benz..

"Thanks for the heads up Liv...This is the kind of hard hitting stories I always wanted to do.,..Wow...Ratings are gonna be sky high..."said B.L.

"Like I promised you...This is a good one... You need to do a story on Captain Russell Manson, who as a Uniformed Officer and a Detective had quite a reputation of being a brutal cop who beat confessions out of more than one defendant..."said Olivia..

"The very type of cop I hated...The very type of cop I helped put behind bars in New Orleans." I said.

"Good For You Donnie Ray."said Beverly, rubbing my shoulder and kissing me on the cheek..

"That's what I plan to do...You read my mind guys...I called him...As expected, he didn't answer my calls.So hey...You guys hungry? I've been here before..I know a great place... My treat huh?"said B.L.

"Works for me."said Nelson...

"Me too...How bout you baby...You've been couped up in this house all day long."said Josie..

"I'm down...Although I did binge watch all of my favorite shows.."laughed Paris..

''Good, here is the address...I'll meet you guys there."said B.L.

IV-

B.L. Benz found a nice place...


We had gourmet Pizza and Pasta..

The beer flowed

and the girls got their Citris Martinis..

 "This food is delish.."said Beverly...
"It is off the chain.." said Nelson..

"B.L. you done good.." said Olivia.

"You're alright with me B.L.  I don't care what Lt. Tragg says about you..." I said..

We all busted out in laughter..

''Don't mention him...I'm sure with me being out of town ,he's trying to make time with my girl...


I asked her why she even drinks at Curly's bar...She said because Curly charges her half price for all of her drinks.."said B.L.

''Wowwwwww I wish I could find a place where they'd only charge me half price for my drinks."said Josie.

"Curly's….I've been in that bar...Me and Blake and Chance Howard....That's a cop bar...A few lawyers hang out in there too....Nice place though..."said Paris..

"Yeah, well Artie hangs out in there.....Curly, the owner is a retired Homicide Detective...

He knew Lt. Tragg's Father...The Late Great Arthur Tragg Sr.  Old school detective... Lt. Tragg's uncle...Jack Tragg was also a Homicide Detective...He made Captain....They go way back with the Philadelphia P.D. , which is why Lt. Tragg is still on the force, despite his numerous screw ups..It might explain how he made detective and Lieutenant so fast....But don't get me started on him...The thought of his grubby hands all over Karen drives me wild..."said B.L.

 "B.L. Relax, We are supposed to be having a good time.."said Beverly..
"Trust me...I know Karen and she is just as repelled by Lt. Tragg as you are..You've got nothing to worry about.."said Olivia.

But we did have something to worry about....More than we could know..


(TO BE CONTINUED)




3 comments:

Toni said...

The Plot Thickens

Angie B. said...

Getting Juicy!

Sunflower said...

This man was clearly railroaded.