Monday, March 23, 2020

Back to London


I couldn't believe it..We were all on a plane headed to London, U.K.



This would be Olivia, Myself, Donnie Ray Alexander and her niece ,Beverly's second time there..

It would be everyone else's first time..

 Her Husband, Nelson
Our Para-legal and law student, Josie Boyd...

Her boyfriend, Paris, who was once again traveling with us... and our good friends,
 Yvette Jones
 Her boyfriend, Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the D.A.'s office on loan to us..
 Keith Jones
 Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans
 Sofia Garcia

 Kahlil Ahmed

It would be their first time across the sea..
 Jade Lee, their investigator had been here in London on numerous occasions..

 "I can't believe we are invited back to London.."said Olivia, excited and gushing..
"Yeah and this time on somebody else's dime..." I said..

II-


This entire odyssey began like any other day at our office...

 We had just wrapped up another big case and Olivia was modeling a new dress and her new braids..
Our Office Manager , Alfreda  was helping her..

"Livy  girl...we will never know how close you came to being a model, rather than an Attorney..Your braids are fire and this dress...Lawd!"said Alfreda..

"I picked this dress up when we went to New York on that day trip, a few weeks ago remember?

 Beverly
and Yvette did my braids.." she said..



Nelson and I and Rockland were watching the playback from the Sixers game we missed the night before on the damn near 50 inch monitor in our conference room...

We got a phone call just then....Beverly and Josie were just getting in from somewhere..

 "I'll get the phone.." said Beverly...
"Wowww Liv, that dress is fire.." said Josie.

"Now, I've got to find someplace to wear this...Hint, Hint, Hint.." Olivia said loud enough for me to hear...

"How about Mulberry Street, rooftop club, Saturday Night?? Ingrid Rose is singing, backed by Reed Nelson and his quintet..."I said.

"You're not sitting in are you?  I hate to get all gussied up, only to be sitting by myself on a night you're working."said Olivia..

"No, I'm not sitting in...It'll just be me and you.." I said.
and gave her a sensuous kiss...

"Ummmmmmmmm and you know what he'll want after all of that girlfriend.."laughed Alfreda..

"What he wants every second of the day..."laughed Olivia..

 "Honeyyyyyyyyyyy...you know I know.."said Alfreda..
Rockland acted as though none of us was there and pulled Alfreda to him and kissed her passionately..

"I could use some now.." he whispered in her ear...

"I know you do, horny toad!" she giggled in between a few more kisses...

This was how comfortable he had gotten around us..

"Hey check it out guys..."said Beverly...."How do you feel about going to London?" said a very excited Beverly..

 ''What? Are you serious?" asked OLivia..
"London, U.K.??" I asked.

"Only one I know...That was Michael Pratt, Attorney on the phone...One of the partners at Yvette's firm, McCluskey, Cozen, Connor and Pratt...He wants to hire us to represent one of their Operatives who is in trouble over there.."said Beverly..

"All the attorneys that firm has and they want to hire us?" asked Beverly... I thought the same thing.

"They are sending five of their attorneys to assist also.....Want to guess which five?" asked Beverly..

"That would be Ms. Yvette Jones, Keith Jones, Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans, Kahlil Ahmed and little mamasita, Sofia Garcia..and investigator Jade Lee." said Olivia..








said Olivia..

We had only seen our good friends in passing in the past month....In court in between cases...with the exception of Yvette, who went out drinking with us a few times..

"That's right...It'll be Yvette's case...We will be there to assist and uh consult...."said Beverly...

''Works for me.."said Nelson..


 "That means I can work from home....but come by ever so often to get your mail right?" said Alfreda.
"Lawd have mercy and I can stay with you at your place.."said Rockland, already imagining the wild sex

He and Alfreda would be having...

"That's righttttttttttttttttttttttttt!" said Olivia...

"We've got a meeting tomorrow morning at their offices.."said Beverly...

"WOWWWW!  I'm on Semester Break...This is perfect...Bev, we gotta go buy a couple of outfits."said Josie..

"Yes indeed...Let's get going..See you guys later.."said Beverly as the two raced out to the shopping center.

III-

The Next Morning...We were all gathered at the massive office building that housed McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt and associates.

Yvette and her crew were already seated in their conference room and were glad to see us..


 "Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Donnie Ray, Josie...So Glad you agreed to come with us..."said Yvette.
 "Yeah, we were afraid you guys might be embroiled in a big trial.."said Keith Jones..
 "I was crossing my fingers."said Bee Bee.
 "I was too!" said Sofia.
 "Hail Hail...The Gang is all here.."said Kahlil..
"I've been to London many times...I know my way around." said Jade.

 "Donnie Ray, Myself and Beverly were there about three years ago.."said Olivia.
 "Yeah, we worked a case there." I said.
"I know a nice club..." said Beverly...

"Just one?" joked Keith Jones..

Michael Pratt and William McCluskey, two of the partners walked in and greeted us...There was hot steaming tumblers of coffee passed out to us all and bottles of water..


 "First of... I am Mike Pratt, one of the Partners...I set this up and I want to thank our good friends , Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Beverly West-East and their husbands and associate Josie for agreeing to travel to London and assist our attorneys who will be defending an operative of ours accused of a murder.. A Murder we are certain he did not commit.. I told him help was forthcoming.." said Mike Pratt, a congenial guy and a younger partner..
"My assistant will be passing you all the case files and the particulars of the case...Yvette will be first chair...We want Olivia as second chair...The rest of you will be assisting and act as consultants ...I figure between the eight of you and your investigators , we have some of the best defense attorneys money can buy..." said Mr. McCluskey….Thank you all again for agreeing to do this..." he said..

"This is the address of an Air BNB , where you will be staying...It's got a riverfront view and it will accommodate all of you."said Mike Pratt..  "We are paying your legal fees and round trip airfare." he added..

After a short meeting....and signing of contracts...We were all off...

The next morning, Six of us stood outside of our Duplex/Office waiting for the Mini Bus to take us to the Airport..

Once again, Josie's Boyfriend, Paris was going with us..

How large our circle had grown...I remember when it was just Olivia ,Beverly and Me going on these trips..




it now included, Beverly's husband and our new associate attorney,

 Nelson East
and Josie, our para-legal, soon to be Associate Attorney....


Yvette, who lived a few blocks from us , hopped on with us ...

Her Boyfriend, Gary Lockwood, An Investigator for the D.A.'s office, on loan to us was also going..
The more the merrier.


We piled on the bus which took us a few blocks away to "Apartment City"

Where the last of our passengers boarded..




Keith, Bee Bee,Sofia, Kahlil and Jade...


Which brings us to the present on a plane outside of Philadelphia PA. headed to London, U.K.

IV-

They say England Swings like a pendulum,  We were about to see...

 London was a beautiful city...
Especially at dawn....

It was still light out when we got to the Air BNB we were staying at...A Houseboat..

 ''This is it?" said Nelson..
''A House boat?" said Paris..

"Looks can be deceiving...Remember the place we had in New Haven.."said Olivia..

''We do have a riverfront view." I said..



Keith, Kahlil and Jade busted up laughing...

''Come on guys, let's go inside."said Yvette..

 ''I don't even care...I'm just glad to be in London."whispered Bee Bee to Sofia.
"I bet none of the people we graduated with have gone the places we've gone and practiced the serious law we have."said Sofia..

"You're right about that...Most of em are probably serving summons or clerking."said Keith Jones as he followed everybody inside...


Once inside we were pleasantly surprised










 'This isn't bad..."said Beverly..
 ''Not at All...It's rather cute.."said Yvette..
 "Yes it it is." said Olivia.
 "And it's got plenty of bedrooms down below."said Bee Bee..
"We won't be all on top of one another."said Sofia..

"It's just fine.."said Josie..

 ''If the girls dig it...It's fine with me.." I said.
"Yeah, Me too! This place is alright.." said Gary...

''I've been in worse.."laughed Jade.
 "It's got a nice kitchen and a refrigerator..."said Nelson..
 "Let's find a market, buy some groceries"said Keith Jones..
 ''Good Idea..Did everybody get their currrency changed at the Airport?"asked Kahlil..
"Yeah, we did!" said Paris.

''We'll go out buy some groceries and get ourselves situated and then we'll go to that one club Beverly told us about.."said Olivia.

''Yeah.." said Yvette.

The Houseboat Air BNB even had two washing machines and two dryers in the hull.. It was 13 of us...We would just have to take turns... There were three Bathroom/Showers...Again we would have to take turns...

We went out on the town that night to the club Beverly told us about..


It was a Jamaican/West African Club, we felt at home..a little bit..The music was mostly Ragaee with a small dose of hip hop..

 The Beers were strong, stronger than we were accustomed to back in the states..





Nelson, Paris, Keith, Kahlil and even Gary were nearly smashed within an hour..
 The Mango Martini's
and the Citris Martini's were the best the girls had had in a long time they said..







It made everybody a little frisky...Especially on the dance floor..

Olivia and I danced slow..She discreetly ran her soft hands down near the crotch area of my trousers..

She smiled and looked into my eyes..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you need to hide that..At least until we get back to the boat.." she whispered..

"I'll do the best I can." I said..

She kissed me...

"Ummmmmmm it's still pretty hard.." she whispered...



Back at the houseboat after a night at that club...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." came some sounds...

"Oh babbbbyyyy.." came other sounds..

Heavy breathing...more moaning..


and bed springs squeaking...With the exception of Jade.. everybody was coupled up and making sweet love..


I suppose we accepted the house boat... HELLO LONDON!!!!


(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

Toni said...

I love it when these two crews link up!

Angie B, said...

I do too!

Sunflower said...

Ditto