Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Motive for Murder

Ms. Yvette kept her earlier promise to us...She treated Bee Bee, Myself, Sofia, Kahlil and Jade to Breakfast in a very tony brunch spot..

 "Oh Ms. Yvette, this place is ...it's beautiful..." said Bee Bee..
 "It is...I love the ambiance.."said Sofia..
 "Look at you, using college words gal..."I said and laughed, hugging Sofia..
Kahlil laughed too!

 "Well wait until your food arrives before you give it's fifth star..."laughed Yvette...
"Gary took you here didn't he?" asked Jade...

''He did, but it was years ago...before we were together.. He's liked me for years...but back then..I wasn't feeling him...I thought he had ulterior motives...Which he did...but I enjoyed this place..I said I was always going to come back,.." said Ms. Yvette...

 "Now look at this...You come back and you bring four people you didn't even know back then."said Bee Bee..

"Yeah and you and Gary are a couple now!"said Sofia.

"Isn't it funny how that works out?" laughed Ms. Yvette...

''We were up all night working on this case." I said..

"There is not much of a case against Sean...Not one eyewitness... Only people who heard them arguing about an hour earlier....No murder weapon...and a very flimsy motive.."said Kahlil...

"I've got something...Maybe.."said Jade , who passed us photos of Tony Richardson having sex with a woman..."



a woman none of us knew..

"I don't get it...He's in there for help with Sex Addiction...but he's having sex...Isn't that defeating the purpose?" I asked..

"It is...but who she is is more important...That is Dr. Lois Adler

, she is the Interim Director of the Clinic now...She was Dr. Garner's second in command and she and Dr. Garner were engaged to be married at one time.." said Jade..



Yvette and I looked at each other and smiled...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" we both said in unison..

"And get this...Dr. Garner was having an affair behind her back with this woman..

Dr. Ciera Mason....a short lived affair, but still an affair.."said Jade..

 "Ouuuuuu The good doctor liked himself a little brown sugar..."laughed Bee Bee..

''He's not the only one who likes a little brown sugar.."I whispered in Bee Bee's ear...

"I gathered as much." she whispered back and giggled.
"This case gets more murkier and damn interesting the further we go.."laughed Yvette..

"I'll say." laughed Sofia..

"Here comes our food." laughed Kahlil..

II-

The Four of us had spent our nights in the law library downtown, studying the case files, the autopsy reports and searching for predicates...

We stayed there almost until closing..

Then we'd head back to our building..

Where I'd retire to  Bee Bee's room.





and sweet sweet kissing and lovemaking...
We could hardly wait to get at each other....


and Kahlil would retire to Sofia's room...




and of course...finish our night with sweet lovemaking..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu weeee...Ouuuuu weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...ouuuuuu weeeee papi" moaned Sofia...

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.." moaned Kahlilll


"Ouuuuuuuuuu YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!.....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" screamed Bee Bee loudly..

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph." came the moans from my mouth! "

The next morning, We would all make our rounds to the shower... Get dressed...

 And spend our day

at work working on the case..

We were just days from the first preliminary hearings...

 Crepes and Mimosas
 Cheddar Omelettes
 Hash Browns
and sausages arrived...

 "Ms. Yvette, this food is delish...Thank you sooo much."said Bee Bee..
 "Yessss...I see what you mean by a step above Sam Mother's Place." I said as we chowed down..
 "Ummmmmmm, Ummmmmmmph."moaned Sofia..
"Those moans of yours is getting me hot.."whispered Kahlil...

"Ohhh hush up, everything I do gets you hot.."laughed Sofia..

"You've got a point.."whispered Kahlil...

 I put my arms around Bee Bee..I was loving waking up next to her in the morning...

I didn't know how she felt about it every morning...but I was certainly not getting any complaints at night..
Bee Bee smiled and leaned her head into my chest...

 "Jade...I think we should supeona U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson, Dr. Lois Adler and Dr. Ciera Mason...They all have motives or at least information we as the defense might need to know.."said Yvette..
"I'm going to interview them first then slap them with the subpoena..That's kind of dirty...but we need them..before the prosecution get ahold of them.."said Jade..

Momosas arrived for us to wash our meal down with..

As we  continued to strategize...





III-

At the Sex Clinic....The first person we talked to was U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson....

"You've got to be kidding..I can't possibly help you and I can not testify in court...I'm not supposed to be here...I am here under the strictest of Confidence.."he said.

 "Look we know that...but a murder has occurred...Our client is an innocent man....We need your testimony..An innocent man could go to prison the rest of his life" I said..

"Or worse...be executed!" said Bee Bee.

"But I don't know anything...I saw him one time that day...We were both outside for some air and some joker started snapping photos...We both ducked inside...I think they got him...They didn't get me. You all are pretty talented attorneys...Work around it, Act as if you didn't know I was there." he said.
 "We need to know whatever you knew or saw..."said Jade..

''That's all I saw and I had absolutely no interaction with Dr. Garner....Dr. Mason is my Therapist.I am not testifying...I refuse.." said Tony.
Bee Bee gently passed him a subpoena...

"Sorry sir...but we need even that much....We'll try to get you in and out with as little fan fare possible.."said Bee Bee..

''A Subpeona?? Wowwwwww! I'm hurt...I thought better of Yvette than this...Ouuuuuuu." he growled angrily! He ripped up his subpoena...…"Like I said...I'm not testifying...Now all of you...GET OUT!" he snarled.

"Why Am I being Supeoned? I had nothing to do with any of this...I was with my client, U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson, getting him settled into his room at the time of the murder.." said Dr. Ciera Mason..

 "How Do you know the exact time of the murder?" asked Sofia..

''Well Actually I don't....I heard the screaming when the body was discovered...I was in the back hallway with Tony Richardson most of the morning..I was nowhere near Dr. Garner's office."said Dr. Ciera Mason.
 "Didn't you and Dr. Garner have a rather close relationship...CLOSER than most?"asked Kahlil..

"That's nobody's business...Nobody is supposed to know about that...but since you obviously asked, I suppose you know...Yesss...Dr. Garner and I did have a short fling...He was a very charming man...He was also a womanizer...He's had numerous little flings and I am a one man woman...I wasn't for the foolishness...We parted...but on good terms...Does a jury need to know that?" she asked.

"I'm afraid they do...We are trying to keep Seth Gilmore off of Death Row." said Sofia..

"I seriously don't think he killed anybody....but okay..." Dr. Mason sighed..

"He was with you all afternoon...He couldn't have?" said Sofia..

Ciera's eyes lit up...

"How did you know that?" she asked.

"He told us...He told us you two were in session the rest of the afternoon....Was that all it was , a session?" asked Kahlil.

"I resent that implication...Mr. Ahmed...I am a consummate professional...At all times."she protested.

''Do all of your sessions last eight to nine hours? with all of your clients?" asked Sofia.

"How do you know the length of our sessions?" asked a furious Dr. Ciera Mason..
''It's our business to know...In order to represent our client, we have to know everything..Plus, he told us you two had sex and I found the semen stained sheets from his room that day..I almost hate to give you this subpoena."said Jade...

"Oh My God!!!....I could lose my license behind this and I didn't even kill Elias....I was nowhere near him." said Dr. Ciera Miller.

Dr. Lois Adler was the worst of the three..

"Look, I told everything I know to that detective...uh Lieutenant Tragg...I saw Sean Gilmore arguing with Dr. Garner...He threatened to kill him...He was furious that someone had not only snapped photos of him, but they had gone to the press....Dr. Garner of course would never do such a thing..we could not only be sued...but we could all lose our licenses...No one here tipped off the press..I can assure you of that.." she said.

"I understand you and Dr. Garner were engaged to be married at one time..."asked Yvette..

"Yes we were until I caught him in one of the patient rooms screwing the brains of one of the orderly girls out...That ended that...And since our engagement was broke he unsuccessfully tried to get back with me two times and both times I caught him with other women...One was someone who works here.."said Dr. Adler.

"That would be Dr. Mason.."said Ms. Yvette..

"You already know more than you should know.."said Dr. Lois Adler..

 "I have a good investigator.."said Yvette, smiling at Jade..
Jade passed her a subpoena..

She read it and tore it up...

"I'm a witness for the Prosecution...I've already been Subpeoned , I'm not testifying for you...See ya in court.."she said tersely....




At Gary's house...

Yvette sat in her panties and bra and bitterly talked about her day....

"The best part of the day was this morning at brunch with the guys...U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson refused to sign any affidavit or give us a taped statement and he tore the subpoena up, said he wasn't testifying.."said Yvette..

Gary was trying to concentrate on what she was saying, but he just kept staring at her..and getting aroused..

''Look..He can be made to testify....Even he can't defy a court order.."said Gary...

"Yeah, but he's kind of like a friend...Olivia, Beverly and their crew and me and my crew actually worked a case for him two years ago..He really set us up nice..He's kind of daring me to go after him...I could...If it were anyone else...I would..but I just can't...And he knows that!"said Yvette.

"He's hoping you know that too..He's using your somewhat friendship and past working relationship...I suspect he uses any kind of leverage to get women in bed...He just strikes me as that type.."said Gary..

"Anyway....Dr. Adler...The person who says she heard Sean threaten Dr. Garner tore up our subpoena..She had one from the D.A.  she's a witness for the prosecution...Subpeona or not..We are calling her as a hostile witness.."said Yvette..

"Wowwww two strikes huh?"said Gary, who was still checking her out..

Yvette took her bra off....She slipped her night shirt on....

''Dr. Mason agreed to testify for us and she signed an affidavit and made a recorded statement.."said Yvette..

Gary pulled Yvette to him...She could feel his huge erection...

"Oh My Goodness Gary!" she exclaimed..

"So you got one hit today...You didn't strike out..." he said..

"Wow "said Yvette..."I 've got a feeling I'm about to get something.." she said now staring at a smiling Gary..

"How about that.." he smiled..

He lifted Yvette up and slowly entered her....Yvette was going crazy as Gary went slowly in and slowly out of her.. Her body began to shake...she wrapped her legs around his waste...Her breasts began to bounce as Gary long stroked her..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she moaned slowly...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAAAWWWWWD!" he moaned..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….ouuu weeee...Ouuuuu weeeee….Yessssss!" she cooed silently

For the next NINE HOURS...they wound up in Gary's bed...making love furiously ,passionately...

IV-

When the Preliminary hearing began...

We found we had a Black female Judge...Honorable Wilma Barton, She was tough, no nonsense..Strictly by the book..

We were up against Cal McCaffery, Old school and by the book and very technically good..


Yvette stood with Sean Gilmore who it seemed was more afraid about his case and the particulars of it being in the news , than the fact that if convicted ,he could spend the rest of his life in prison or worse...die by lethal injection..


 He held Yvette's hand and visibly trembled..
 I prepared a pretty capable opening statement...
 Kahlil
 Bee Bee
and Sofia backed up my argument that the entire case was made up on here say...people hearing an argument and an idle threat made..

Yvette argued that there was not one eye witness to the murder, no murder weapon as yet to be found, no forensic or DNA evidence placing our client at the scene and there for  no real reason to charge our client with first degree murder..

ADA McCafferty...Give him credit knew his law.. He spouted two predicates supporting the charge and said that there was a motive...Sean Gilmore, widely known as the sexiest man alive was furious and afraid that if it were known he was in a sex clinic ,complaining of pre-mature ejaculation...his entire brand would be destroyed...

We didn't even know how this information got out...

 We just knew he was in the clinic..He never told us what he was being treated for...How did the prosecution get this information??

Bee Bee  looked perplexed..
 "I'm not used to a Lieutenant Tragg investigation getting one up on us.."said Sofia..
 "Me neither....This is something else...."I said.
"Someone wanted it to be known that he was in that clinic and what he was there for..."said Kahlil..

"To give him a motive for murder.."said Jade..

"He was furious that he was photographed by the tabloids and even more furious that his brand was destroyed...He went into a murderous rage and gutted Dr. Garner...who he blamed for the entire mess."theorized ADA McCaferty...

It was a convincing argument...More convincing than ours at the time..

The Judge made her ruling...

"Both sides made excellent points...I commend you all...but I certainly see enough evidence here to recommend this case be brought to trial...Let's see...It is Thursday now....Tuesday Morning be ready for trial.."she said..

Lt. Tragg smiled a superior grin...

Yvette walked over to him as trial adjourned..

"I saw Karen yesterday..." she said..

"Really??" he said..

"I know you know she loves Gladiolas....she's a big fan of  Mis Dior Perfume too!"said Yvette...

"Yeah,Yeah Yeah??" he said..

"We went shopping the other day...and she just missed buying some.."said Yvette..

"Really?" said Lt. Tragg..

"Yeah, but you didn't hear none of this from me...you got that?" said Yvette..

"Of Course...That goes without sayin.." said Lt. Tragg..

"You know...you've done a really good investigation of this case if I don't say so myself.. You have any idea how the information about my client's uh ailment got out?" asked Yvette mater of factly..

"Oh you mean that he can't finish the deal? That he pops off a little fast...Hahahahahahahahahaha." laughed Lt. Tragg..

"Artie that's not nice.."said Yvette..

"Probably the same person that tipped off the skirt with the dirt that he was even in town...Some woman...It was a woman who made the anonymous call that told us there was a murder...and a woman who called McCaferty and told him that Gilmore was suffering from pre-mature ejaculation...hahahahahahahaha, imagine that..The sexiest man alive can't finish the deal. hahahahahahahahahah."laughed Lt. Tragg… "Thanks for the heads up on Karen.." he said and walked away...\


"You are my hero...You can charm the skin off of a snake.."laughed Bee Bee..

Gary walked up, he grabbed Ms. Yvette and kissed her softly...

''She charms my snake all the time.."laughed Gary...

"GARRRRY!" said Ms. Yvette, blushing..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...You are soo bad!" laughed Bee Bee...

 "Sooooo a woman tipped the Media off and the D.A.  "I said.
 "To create a motive to frame our guy for murder.."said Kahlil.
"It had to be someone with first hand knowledge of the set up and dynamic there...Someone who knew all of the players..."said Jade..

''We've got two good suspects...The question is....which one?" asked Yvette...


YES...That was the question!


(TO BE CONTINUED)




4 comments:

Toni said...

There has been an awful lot of bed hopping in this story!

Angie B. said...

It's about a clinic for sexual therapy...what do you expect?

Sunflower said...

I suppose she's right!

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties...