Friday, March 20, 2020

Locket Up

TWO DAYS LATER-

We had gotten our act together....





We were all up , good and early and eating breakfast in Sam Mother's Diner...Ready for trial...

Trial had been going on for a week and ADA Cal MacCafferty

was close to closing his case..He was waiting for his star witness. Dr. Adler...Lois Adler

We were waiting for her too!


It was weird that the four of us were all having the same thing, Waffles, Scrambled Eggs and Sausage.. with Orange Juice..

 "You guys ready?  With the questions we have for Dr. Adler...We might not even need to mount a defense."said Bee Bee..
 "Let's not forget Dr. Mason...She can supply Sean's alibi as to where he was at the moment of the murder.."said Kahlil..
 "It should jibe with the autopsy and police report.."said  Sofia...
"We got it all tied up right? In a nice neat little package huh?  Think again!!...I keep feeling there is something we are all missing here...I just don't know..." I said..

Jade sat down with us....

"I'm all over it...I'm still looking a few things up..." she said as her plate came..

Waffles ,Scrambled Eggs, Sausage!!!




The four of us stared at her...

"What? We are a team right?" said Jade, smiling..






II-

Sitting a few tables down from us was a strange trio...

 Ms. Yvette, our supervisor, Defense Attorney.
 B.L. Benz, the TV journalist and host of HARD BOTTOM
and Assistant District Attorney Ron Harper...


They each had Omelettes and Bacon and

 hot tumblers of coffee...

"Look Man, what we are telling you is you've got to get in the game...Lt. Tragg is making inroads...I mean...I don't think Karen is the least bit interested in the guy...but he's sending her flowers and not just any flowers...Her favorites and her favorite perfume...I think this is the second time...A woman is pretty impressed when a guy takes the time to know these things about her..In time...I don't know..It could sway her.."said Ron Harper..

"Are you kidding? She thinks Tragg is a joke, just like everybody else..I'm purely not worried about him wasting his time.."said B.L.

"Joke or not B.L.  He takes the time to find out what she likes...her favorite things and he provides them...That's not lost on any woman, regardless of how odious a man may seem...She wants to know that her man is equally interested in her and will fight for her.."said Yvette.

B.L. sighed...

"You guys may be right...I don't want to lose Karen...She's the best thing that's happened to me in awhile." he said..

"It would be even nicer, if she heard that from you...and not just when you're making love.."said Yvette.  She felt kind of guilty...She was the one who had told Lt. Tragg about the flowers and the perfume...At least this time...She used it as a tact to take him off his guard and to get him to tell him the sex of the person who tipped him off , the anonymous caller..

Ron Harper cracked up laughing...






***************************************************************************************

While we all sat having breakfast, preparing to head to trial....Some miles away in a tony little coffee shop...

Dr. Lois Adler was having her morning coffee...

She didn't see Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the D.A.'s office walk in behind her...

He smiled..

"The coffee here good?" he asked..

She turned and smiled...

She found him handsome...His Green eyes equally attractive..

"Yes it is.." she said..

"You might want to take that to go...I'm with the District Attorney's Office." he said softly..."You have a date in court.." he said..Showing her his ID...


Just then, Lt  Tragg and a Tactical Unit barged into the coffee shop..

 "I'll take it from here Lockwood... Hook her up boys!" he said dramatically..
as they handcuffed her and dragged her out..

A few reporters were on hand to witness the "Takedown"

Gary stood behind, smiling...He couldn't believe Lt. Tragg...He had probably tailed him and when he made his move, He made his...and naturally...He was going to take all of the credit for her capture..
He didn't care.. The job was done.. He was planning to take her quietly...Just the two of them...No fanfare.

III-

Trial began with

ADA Cal McCafferty calling Dr. Lois Adler to the stand..He had put D.A. Investigator Gary Lockwood on the case...He was surprised that Lt. Tragg had  found her...He had no idea that Gary had actually found her and Lt. Tragg had swooped in.

She looked furious that she even had to be here..She stared icily at all of us at the defense table.

 Ms. Yvette
 Myself..
 Bee Bee
 Sean Gilmore, on trial for Murder
 Kahlil
 Sofia
and Jade..

She stared at U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson , who was also in court....No longer in the Sex Clinic. He had returned to his suite at the Marriott!

He got a late night visit from his former assistant, U.S. Attorney, Karla Williams, strongly urging him not to violate a legal court summons and to appear.... He had thought he might talk her into another late night sexual encounter...He was sorely disappointed...After she delivered her message and another summons...She got up and left...She didn't allow him to hug her or kiss her or anything. She had changed.

"Ms., I mean Dr. Adler...Would you like to tell us what happened on that fateful day.." said ADA McCafferty with almost childlike glee..

"Yes...I saw the defendent Sean Gilmore

 arguing with Dr. Garner...He threatened to kill him...He was furious that someone had not only snapped photos of him, but they had gone to the press....Dr. Garner of course would never do such a thing..We could not only be sued...but we could all lose our licenses...No one here tipped off the press..I can assure you of that.but Mr. Gilmore's mannerisms was very threatening and frightening...I told Elias that he should call the police..but...but he wouldn't do it!" she said.
"You told the police that you heard Mr. Gilmore threaten Dr. Garner's life did you not?"

"Yes...He was very worried about it getting out that he, THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE was in a Sexual Therapy Clinic. suffering from pre-mature ejaculation!" she said..

The Jurors and The Visitors burst into guffaws of laughter..


Yvette and Bee Bee both leaped up -"MOVE TO STRIKE...HIS AILMENT IS NOT RELEVANT TO THE CASE!" they said..

"Remove the last remark...I'll ask the jury to disregard."said The Judge...She stared at Lois Adler

''Cool it" she said icily.

"He told Dr. Garner...and I quote- "I'll kill you! You're toast." said Dr. Adler..

"No further questions your honor....Cross?" asked ADA Cal McCafferty..

"Despite what you heard....you didn't see Mr. Gilmore anymore that day correct?" I asked..

"No, I did not.."she said..

"So you don't know for a fact that he killed Dr. Garner or not do you?" asked Sofia...

"Well no...but.." said Dr. Adler.

Kahlil stood up...

He had papers in his hands..

"Do you know what these are?  These are phone records...Records from your phone...Not your business phone, which you mostly use...but your private phone.."said Kahlil..

Bee Bee dialed one of the numbers on the paper..

Dr. Adler's phone rang several times....

"That's your phone...Now according to this phone log...You called the Radio Station home of Monica Seale, known as the Skirt with the Dirt.. and one hour later when her show went on She reported that one Sean Gilmore was at the Convelant Sex Clinic suffering from premature ejaculation...though she didn't exactly word it like that....but she gave the public enough to speculate...and from there the story spread like wildfire.. Next thing you know, he's being photographed by persons unknown. You are the only one who was privy to that information...It's all here in your phone records."said Kahlil..

"OBJECTION, ARE YOU ASKING A QUESTION OR MAKING A STATEMENT?" asked ADA McCafferty....

"We'll move on ….Here is another record made some hours later of you calling Homicide. Was it to report a murder.??..Did you not??" asked Yvette..

Dr. Adler was quiet...

"ANSWER THE QUESTION" said the Judge...

"On advice from counsel, I invoke my 5th amendment right against self incrimination..." she said.

"Okay, let me help you catch your tongue...We know you were the anonymous caller...You called 30 minutes before the cleaning lady discovered his body...30 minutes after you had clocked out of work...How did you EVEN KNOW DR. GARNER WAS DEAD??" I asked.

"On Advice from counsel, I invoke my 5th amendment right against self incrimination..."she whispered..

"According to the GPS on both of your phones...You were still on the premises...in one of the patient rooms.."said Yvette..

U.S. Attorney Richardson was sweating bullets...He eased down in his chair..
She had been in his suite the rest of that afternoon...

Making sweet love to him for hours......He did not want this known!!!!

"You set my client up...Knowing how upset he was and how angry he was...You made those calls didn't you to give him a motive for murder?....To shield the fact that YOU killed Dr. Garner.. This let you off the hook.."said Bee Bee.

"I OBJECT ,THIS IS PREPOSTOROUS THEORIZING AT BEST!" screamed ADA McCafferty...He was losing the case and he hadn't even closed yet...His star witness was turning out to be a disaster of huge proportions...She was the anonymous tipster  who set in motion all of the events that led up to Dr. Garner's murder he mused.

"Is it? Is it..? We have her phone logs here and her GPS log provided by the phone providers...She made anonymous calls to a radio gossip host and to the police long before the body was discovered and she was in a patient's room, to cover herself …."said Sofia..

"And we can prove that..." I said and produced the Surgical knife..

"It took some time, but my investigator with help from Detectives in Robbery-Homicide located this in the dumpster ,two doors down from the clinic...The trash hadn't been collected for some reason that week..It still had Dr. Garners blood on it and your bloody finger print..."I said..

"Next week when we present our defense...We had a witness..

Dr. Ciera Mason, who would testify that she was with Sean Gilmore that afternoon, comforting him and that he was nowhere near Dr. Garner's office...

Dr. Garner and her had had a romantic and sexual relationship....You were engaged to him...When you found this out you went into a rage...In fact, YOU were arguing with him about his affairs when my client barged into the office...

It didn't take too much imagination for you to hatch the plot to kill Dr. Garner and lay it on my client did it?" asked Yvette..

"On the advice of counsel I-" she said.

"That's okay....I've made my point.."said Yvette, who sat down.....

ADA Cal McCafferty looked like he'd swallowed a canary....

"Uh Your honor...in light of this new evidence and information, uh....I uh er.. The people move to drop all charges against Sean Gilmore and to hold Dr. Lois Adler over on charges of First Degree Murder.." he said..

"So Moved...Mr. Gilmore, you are free to go...Deputies place Dr. Adler under  arrest.." said the Judge..

 "Hot Dang...We didn't even have to mount a defense..You're the truth!"I said, hugging Ms. Yvette.
 "Thank You Keith....but you guys laid the foundation...I just cleaned up!...Now I want you guys to take next week off...I don't want to see any of you anywhere near the office.."said a smiling Ms. Yvette..
 "You're the best..."said Sofia..She kissed Ms. Yvette on the cheek and hugged her.


"Love you Boss Lady" said Bee Bee, who kissed Ms. Yvette on the cheek and hugged her...
 "Oh wow, this is great.."said Kahlil..He hugged Ms. Yvette...
"Thank you guys so much....but unfortunately...my reputation is ruined.." said Sean...

"This is America Sean...You can re-invent yourself ...You weren't going to be a Sex Symbol forever..."said Bee Bee..

Sean smiled..

"You know Bee Bee...You may be right." he said and smiled..

Dr. Mason walked over to Yvette and Jade..

"Thank you guys for not calling me....I didn't want to be questioned extensively about the amount of uh comforting




 I was giving Sean Gilmore that afternoon...but I will say this...I seriously don't think he has THAT problem anymore..." she said and smiled serenely and walked away...
 "Ummmmmmmm good to know..."Laughed Yvette slyly...
Always nice to know a cure is found for an ailment.."said Ms. Jade, laughing slyly...

Sean and Ciara Mason had made sweet love for EIGHT TO NINE HOURS that afternoon! Unknown to any of us..

 "Just what goes on in those places anyway?" I asked..
 "Nothing you have to worry about Hot Stuff...LAWD...Sometimes I don't think you're ever going to get up off of me.." said Bee Bee..
 "I know that's right...Aye Mios Dios..."said Sofia looking at Kahlil..
"Hey can we help it if our girlfriends are two of the sexiest attorneys in the game?" he said..

 "And see, this is how they keep getting us back in bed..."said Bee Bee.
''Yes...by flattery!: said Sofia.

The four of us laughed..

 "Jade!, you did excellent work...once again.."said Yvette..
"I had some help...The detectives from Danny's unit...They hate Lt. Tragg and will do anything to show him up...They were only too glad to help me.."said Jade..

 ADA Cal McCafferty glared at Lt. Tragg..

"YOU!!!! YOUUUUU!!!  Their Investigator did a better job than you did...She practically solved the case...YOUUUUU!!! You're a waste of a badge.." he snarled and walked off..
Lt. Tragg stood there  balefully staring at us...and stomping his foot in anger..

While the press loomed.

"Hey Tragg. what are you 0-1000 now?" asked one reporter...

Guffaws of laughter rang through the hallway....

"Have you ever arrested somebody who actually went to jail?" asked another.

More raucous laughter...

Lt. Tragg was beat red...He stormed out of the courtroom..

IV-

U.S. Attorney Tony Richardson had checked out of the clinic...He decided he didn't need it..He breathed a sigh of relief that him being there hadn't been exposed or the fact that he and Dr. Adler had been having sex..His name hadn't come up at all..

"Nicely done Yvette...I suppose I owe you an apology.." he said.

 "You owe them an apology " she said pointing to us..




"You didn't treat them too well.." she said as we all exited the courthouse..

"Tell them I'm uh sorry..." he said.

"Like I said...YOU TELL EM!" said Yvette ,and she walked off....

He stared at her lustfully....He wouldn't mind a romp in the sheets with her....but that seemed highly unlikely now he thought to himself.

Miles Away in a coffee house...

 "Yvette won her case today...I'm surprised you weren't at the courthouse.."said Karen..
"They'll be other cases....I can still have them on the show..but what I can't have is another girlfriend..I wanted to spend some time with you.....I bought you something.."he said..

He presented her with another bouquet of Gladiolas..

"They're beautiful...I don't know where I'm going to put all of these flowers.."laughed Karen..She hadn't told him about the flowers and perfume Lt. Tragg had given her just a week before..

"There's more.." he said and pulled out a locket he purchased from Tiffany's...

"This is for you...This is how I feel about you.." said B.L.

Karen's eyes grew as large as saucers...

"OH MY GOD!!! B.L.  you didn't have to do this...OH MY GOD!!!  IT'S PLATINUM!!!" she said..

"I love you and I don't ever want you to think that I take you for granted.." said B.L.

Karen sat in his lap...
She kissed him slowly and softly...….

"Let's go back to your place and let me show you how much I appreciate you...." she whispered...


Outside the courthouse...Sean Gilmore smiled at Yvette...

''Well Yvette...I'm catching the train this afternoon..I'm on my way back to New York City..Thank you again for everything.." he said.


''Sorry about everybody finding out about you being in that clinic...I really am...I'm sorry about all of this."said Yvette..

"Heyyy I'd be even sorrier spending the rest of my life in prison....So you guys have more than made up for that!  Bee Bee gave me an idea... New Inspiration...I'll be just fine.." he said...

Gary walked up and put his arms around Yvette...

"Be well Sean..." she said softly...

"You do the same Vettie...Tell Keith, Kahlil, Bee Bee, Sofia and Jade , I said Goodbye and thanks again for everything!.."said Sean.. He walked away, not even acknowledging Gary's presence...

 "How bout we go someplace special tonight? Just the two of us... Bottom Of  The C.?"said Gary, kissing her neck softly...
"That sounds great..."said Yvette..
Turning and giving Gary, a slow sweet kiss.


EPILOUGE-


Dr. Lois Adler was stripped of her medical license...And convicted of Murder...She was sentenced to 30- 40 years. She's eligible for parole in ten years.

Sean Gilmore re-invented himself...He began doing commercials on late night TV for Erectile Dysfunction and Pre-mature ejaculation herbal remedies...

Dr. Ceira Mason took over the Convelant Sexual Therapy Clinic and revamped the staff and it's practices completely...

In my apartment...

In my bathroom....I stood behind Bee Bee\

"You're staying with me the entire week?" I asked.

"The entire week and then maybe then some...That's what you wanted isn't it?" she whispered seductively...fondling me to the point of delirium!!!

We began kissing passionately...

"I'll take that as a yes." she cooed..

"Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss…" I said softly...Bee Bee giggled like a school girl..

before I lifted her up, slipped her panties down and off and began making sweet love to her on the sink counter....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned.. "I could grow to like this.." she cooed.

"Oh my godddd….I love it.." I moaned..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." she said...both of her legs shaking furiously and her head turning from side to side..

And two doors down in Kahlil's apartment..Sofia was cooing..

 "All week long papi and then some..."she said..
"Oh my god, I don't know if my heart can take it.." he moaned.

as Kahlil's bed began squeaking something crazy and his headboard began slamming up against the wall...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Aye Mios Dios....you don't ever get enough..." moaned Sofia..

"Of you? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.." said Kahlil..

Across the street

in her apartment...Jade and Lt. Danny Ho


were wasting no time at all..

Making sweet love.....

While at Bottom of The C.

Ralph Scallion served Yvette and  Gary a delicious surf and turf meal..

Yvette marveled at the food..

 "Gary this is beautiful...I almost don't want to eat it!"she said.
"This is so you NEVER think that I take you for granted or that all you are is mind blowing sex  for me...You're a beautiful, brilliant and caring woman and I'm fortunate beyond measure that you even talk to me.." He said.

"Awwwwwww. I love youuuu!......Mind Blowing sex?? Really?? It's that good??" she asked, smiling...

Out of the corner of her eye she saw, B.L. and Karen..


They were also dining there..

She had what looked like a Platinum Locket from Tiffany's around her neck...She knew it was from B.L.

who looked quite pleased with himself..

Yvette smiled and winked at B.L.


FOR DANYEL-


No comments: