Tuesday, March 10, 2020

New Haven Melodrama


New Haven is a coastal city in the U.S. state of Connecticut. It is located on New Haven Harbor on the northern shore of Long Island Sound in New Haven County, Connecticut, and is part of the New York metropolitan area. With a population of 129,779 as determined by the 2010 United States Census, it is the second-largest city in Connecticut after Bridgeport. New Haven is the principal municipality of Greater New Haven, which had a total population of 862,477 in 2010.

The Flight from Philadelphia To New Haven was a little under two hours..
 ''Wow, that flight was short..I hardly had time to sit back and relax and we were here." said Olivia..
 "I know...That was a short flight.."I said..
 Beverly had dozed off in Nelson's arms....she was just waking up as we were landing..
 Nelson, who was happy as a clam just to have Beverly in his arms didn't seem to feel any pain...
 Josie had dozed off in Paris's arms too...
Paris looked around...Like most of us..It was his first time here.

The six of us, Olivia and Me, Beverly and Nelson and Josie and Paris arrived a little after 11:00 am in the morning..

We rode past the courthouse...about two blocks down...and wound up in front of our Air BNB..

It was a modern building, sandwiched in between two old buildings...

"That's it?" asked Beverly...
I was shocked myself..

"You'll like the inside."said Josie..

"Yes..you'll like the inside."said Olivia, who with Josie had picked it out..

We walked inside..

It was beautiful.....Modern Kitchen and living room area and four rooms upstairs...

 "Well, this is different." I said as I took Olivia and I's luggage up the stairs and claimed our bedroom..
 Nelson followed with his and Beverly's luggage..
 "See I told you this wouldn't be bad..."said Josie..
"You're right...Guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.."said Paris, following her with their luggage,.

 Beverly turned to her aunt..

"Remember in the very beginning when these trips only included me, you and Donnie Ray Auntay?" she said.
"Yes..Then our circle of friends got larger.." laughed Olivia as she and Beverly put their law books, Laptops, Tablets and spare phones in the spare room...

"There's a food market right next door to us...and a Wine and Spirits Shoppe next to that." I said..

 "Good we don't have to walk far ,because we need to buy some groceries for tonight.."said Olivia..
"I'll go with you Auntay.."said Beverly...

"We can walk to the courthouse from here.."said Nelson...

We were only three blocks away...
"And there is a nice diner just two blocks away from here." said Josie..

"You done good Josie girl.." said Olivia, smiling and hugging Josie..


II-

The girls bought and grilled a couple of Steaks and made a nice salad for dinner..



They found a nice wine to go along with it.. We chowed down...

"Tomorrow we go to the prison and meet our new client, Chino Rodriguez....."said Olivia.

"And then we go to Appellate court and file the first of our appeals to overturn his sentence and order a new trial.."said Beverly..
''We are probably going to need to see the original trial transcripts  and case files." said Nelson...


"All in good time...I was on the internet last night and part of the time on the plane...I discovered some things.."I said..

"Things like what?" asked Olivia..

"In the five years since Peter McQueen Jr. has been dead...

The other Assistant District Attorney,

Brad Dinkins...who prosecuted the case...Has moved up the ladder...He is now Deputy District Attorney and some say, just an angel's breath from being District Attorney...

"And that detective... Detective Russell Manson is now Captain Russell Manson...He was promoted to Lieutenant the next year and Captain a year later....I've been a detective for a long time...I've never seen anyone move from Lieutenant to Captain that fast unless..." I said.

"They got a friend in high places..."said Nelson...

"Oh and get this...Peter McQueen's widow...Also an Attorney, Selma Mcqueen, Married Brad Dinkins, no more than six months after his death..." I said.

 "WHATTTTTTTT?" said Beverly.
'WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!:"said Josie.

"That's awful suspicious...It seems like a lot of people have moved up the totem pole here.." said Olivia..

"And here we come to upset the apple cart."laughed Beverly...
"Seems like you guys are constantly re-opening a case that somebody would rather have stay closed.."laughed Paris..

"That's what we do babes."said Josie..



Olivia, Beverly and I just smiled..

III-

THE NEXT DAY...


In The District Attorney's office...Deputy District Attorney Brad Dinkins got a phone call..

"WHAT?   You're kidding...WHO?  Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West-East...Yeah I've heard of em..The Aunt and Niece team from Philly...what are they doing here?  They got copies of the Chico Rodriguez case file?? And they found the missing DNA evidence?? That wasn't even used in the trial...Remember, it came up missing...until uh after the trial...What do they want with that?" he asked.

"Okay...Okay..thanks for the heads up..." he said..

He got on his phone and called the police department..

"Homicide,Captain Ronald Manson speaking.." came the voice..

"Ronnie, we might have a problem....A couple of lawyers from Philly are in town, Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her niece ,Beverly West...I think they have two other lawyers with em and a private investigator..They got copies of the Chico Rodriguez case files...and the DNA evidence from the rape and murder...I got a feeling they may be trying to reopen his case, get him off."said Brad Dinkins.

"They got nothin...He confessed..We got a long confession in his own handwriting....No Judge will sign off on that...Relax.."said Ronald Manson..

"Get on top of this..find out where they are staying..Go talk to them...Convince them that this endeavor is not a good idea.If you know what I mean.." said Dinkins..

''Don't worry , I'll check the local hotels." he said.

We didn't go to the prison the next day..We spent the day getting the case files and the DNA evidence..


 Olivia and Beverly went to the courthouse and got the Rodriguez Trial Transcripts...

 Nelson and I went to Police headquarters and got copies of the Rodriguez Case Files..
Josie went to discovery with Beverly..

They got the DNA evidence...Evidence that surprisingly went missing during the first trial and didn't show up until six months after the trial was over and Chico Rodriguez was safely behind bars..

We were outsiders  , I knew just from my time in New Orleans as a Homicide Detective that somebody was on the phone as I write this..telling Dinkins and Manson that we were here and pulling evidence from that old case..

Because of the nature and sensitivity of this case...We were all registered under Paris's name.

Paris was not an attorney and he wasn't known.....As far as the public was concerned...We were his guests..

That was my idea.. Our names weren't registered at any Hotel or Motel...and the car we were going to rent tomorrow to take us to the prison was going to be in his name also...

Not that we were hiding..




but Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie needed to be free to work without being harrassed...


It was funny too...that we would be hiding in plain sight...The courthouse was right down the street from us...

That afternoon after dinner, we all hunkered down in our bedroom...

 Olivia looked at me...as she undressed slowly....

"This isn't bad is it?" she said..

"Noooooo, not at allllll...."I said.

''Are you talking about the Air BNB or me naked?" she asked...
"Uh ,Er..uhhh...Uh what we were uh talking about...This...This place.."I said as I began to slowly take off my suit jacket..shirt, trousers, socks and shoes..."That is very nice...." I said.

"Ummmmmmm  I don't believe you.." she said....

We were in the middle of the floor kissing passionately...She stroked my penis with her soft hands...

"My goodness Donnie Ray...I swear you get bigger everytime..." she whispered...

"Maybe I do.." I said..

Her lips were so soft....I was becoming aroused beyond belief....Something that wasn't lost on Olivia..


"LAWD!" I said..


"Oh Mr. Alexander.." she giggled...looking up at me....and smiling..


"Donnie Ray....Your penis!!!...It's..It's shaking again.......You really are excited aren't you?  Calm down....Calm down...It's going to be okayyyy" she said, stroking it lightly...

"Can't help that..."I laughed sheepishly...

"Oh My god...you're as hard as an iron pipe...I'm going to have to take care of that...now!!!Ummmmmm"she said..

I smiled sheepishly...

"Yes...You will..." I said.

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Easy Donnie Ray, Easyyyyy."Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray..Ohhhhhhhhh my godddd...Ummmmmmm, you are just showing off...Ouuuuuu lawd!" she whispered...

In no time , we were lying on the bed....

I entered her softly,gently...She was wet and warm...I was losing my mind...as I began to move up and down slowly at first and then gradually faster...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray..Ohhhhhhhhh my godddd!!" she moaned...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of slow, sweet lovemaking continued...The bed had been  squeaking loudly and the headboard was moving and silently slamming against the wall...
"Ummmmmmmm Donnie Ray, ouuuuuuuuuuuuu...give it to mama...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she moaned..

"Yesss baby yes...." I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned loudly...

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu MISTER ALEXANDER...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" she cried out....

  The bed squeaked even louder.....

  "Yess...Yessssssssssssssssssss...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Ouuuuuuuu YESSSSS!" she screamed....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ...oh my god...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lawd...ohhhhhhhh Donnie Ray...You are just showing off...You just showing off...ohhhhhhhhhh" she wailed..

She moaned softly as the massive bed began to squeak and slam against the wall harder...
''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph...GIVE IT TO MAMA"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... OLIVIA......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."

"YES BABY YES...CALL MY NAME.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...CALL MY NAME!!You can have all you want!!Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....."she moaned.

Another HOUR AND A HALF went by...

I came so hard...I swear I felt like crying...


So did she...shaking, crying like a baby....and sweating.. Her legs were shaking...Her head was turning from side to side and tears were streaming down her face..
 

Olivia and I took a nice long ,hot shower in which we soaped each other down and kissed passionately..


I knew that Beverly and Nelson were doing the same thing...

I could hear their bed squeaking out of control...


I couldn't hear Josie and Paris..,

but I know she was happy to have her man with her and not be the odd man out...The only one not getting any loving..

IV-


The next day, Deputy D.A. Dinkins got another phone call..

"Speak to me.." he said..


"This is Russ...They aren't booked in any of the area hotels or motels...I even checked out the area Air BNB's...They aren't booked there either...So my guess is , they are staying with someone in town...I combed through the Black community and I checked...None of them , Olivia, her niece Beverly, Her husband Nelson or Olivia's husband, Donnie Ray have any relatives in the New Haven area....I checked with the Public defenders...None of them have seen them...There is another person with them..A girl..I don't know if she's an attorney or what...Her name is Boyd...Josie Boyd..Nothin in her name either.."said Captain  Russell Manson.


"That means they're staying outside of town with someone..Could be anyone..Check Rodriguez's family.....Besides..It doesn't matter where they're staying...I need to know what they're up to..and soon." said Deputy D.A. Dinkins..


He would find out soon enough...A day later... We were all in appellate court...
 Olivia was filing her first motions for a new trial for Chico Rodriguez...
 We hadn't even met him yet....
 But Olivia , Beverly and Nelson were presenting DNA evidence, which they now had ,which was not used in the first trial...
 Josie had kept copious notes and she kept passing them to Olivia and Beverly who were making a very compelling case that Chico Rodriguez had possibly been railroaded..
I sat back and smiled..


Deputy D.A. Dinkins read a confession...



Olivia , Beverly and Nelson presented an argument by the Public defender in the original case that the confession had been co-orcered by then Detective Russell Manson , who had a history or brutallity, especially towards Blacks and Latinos.. They cited several cases of such..

To our surprise...The Judge, an attractive Black woman ordered the original verdict tossed out and a new trial.

"Come Back with compelling evidence and be ready for trial...a week from today!" she said..

She was Judge Simmone Miller, An African American Judge who had just taken the bench...Like Olivia, Beverly and Nelson, she had started her career as a Public Defender.. and then had gone into practicing law in the Public sector...She did a stint as an ACLU Attorney and with the Innocence Project...She became a Judge...A Reform Judge...She had a great disdain for DDA Brad Dinkins...she believed he took short cuts...She was a godsend to us.

She liked us....She liked how prepared we were with legal predicates and solid information drawn from the case files...

"Oh for the love of Pete...I don't believe this!" said Deputy D.A. Dinkins...who gave us an icy stare..

"Believe it!!...This case is riddled with inconsistancies….Riddled...Missing evidence, DNA evidence that wasn't present at the original trial.. An Arresting Detective who has come before me a number of times on brutality charges...who is not above a beaten or co-oerced confession or two and shoddy police work..This case has bothered me for five years...I'm glad credible counsel has decided to take it on."she said.

"This case is five years old ..He confessed...Why Bring this up now?"barked DDA Dinkens..

"We'll find out next week at trial..Won't We? "said the Judge.

 "I didn't expect this to be this easy...I was prepared to go to several higher courts and then the State Supreme court if neccesary."said Olivia..
''Almost takes the fun out of it huh Auntay.?" laughed Beverly, hugging her Aunt..


 ''I think we'd better go see our client tomorrow."said Nelson.
"Looks like Paris is going to have to rent another car for us.."said Josie..

"Let's get out of here.." I said..

Deputy D.A. Dinkins stared angrily at the five of us....

I had a feeling our troubles had just begun...

(TO BE CONTINUED)



4 comments:

Sheila Ralph said...

LAWD!" I said..


"Oh Mr. Alexander.." she giggled...looking up at me....and smiling..


"Donnie Ray....Your penis!!!...It's..It's shaking again.......You really are excited aren't you? Calm down....Calm down...It's going to be okayyyy" she said, stroking it lightly...

"Can't help that..."I laughed sheepishly...

"Oh My god...you're as hard as an iron pipe...I'm going to have to take care of that...now!!!Ummmmmm"she said..

I smiled sheepishly...

"Yes...You will..." I said.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Easy Donnie Ray, Easyyyyy."Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray..Ohhhhhhhhh my godddd...Ummmmmmm, you are just showing off...Ouuuuuu lawd!" she whispered...

In no time , we were lying on the bed....

New To this blog, but reading this passage has my night gown soaking wet!

Toni said...

At least The Judge is on their side...That is a big help!

Angie B. said...

These two guys are really swarmy!

Sunflower said...

Olivia and her team have their work cut out for them....but at least they have a sympathetic Black female Judge.