Monday, June 28, 2021

Lazy Lover


 A Typical Non Court day at our Office Duplex.....


Several Cups of coffee were being consumed..

Beverly was opening the mail...

"Auntay, look, it's a check... A check for $10,000.00 made out to us." she said.
$10,000.00 for what? A Retainer fee?" asked Olivia.

"Yeah, it's from Louise Bridell and in says in the note-

"This is a retainer fee for me and my daughter in case we need it in the future., Thank you for your attention to this matter."- Louise Bridell
"Attention to what matter? I don't even know a Louise Bridell." said Olivia.
"If she's throwing around $10,000.00 checks, I say you get to know her and you cash that check while the ink is still a little wet." I said..  I'm Donnie Ray Alexander, Investigator for this law firm....I used to be a cop until I met Olivia one fateful night in New Orleans...and she changed my whole life..I retired from the New Orleans Police department and followed Olivia here...to Philadelphia.. She was a lawyer, so is her niece, Beverly, who is younger by nine years...Together they founded this law firm and purchased this duplex, where Olivia and I live on the top floor and niece, Beverly, her partner in the firm lives a floor below, with her husband, Nelson, an associate attorney with the firm.
Olivia laughed..

"Yeah, I'd better get this check to the bank and cashed and added to our account." she said.
''Did you say Louise Bridell?? You might not know her...but you certainly know her husband, Brian Bridell, The Financier...One of the wealthiest Black men in the city...A noted Philantrophist.."said Nelson..
"That's what I like about you....You know things..."laughed Beverly...

"That's not all you like about me.." whispered Nelson in her ear...

"Of course not...Let's go upstairs and talk about it.| Beverly whispered in his ear...

She rewarded him with a soft, slow kiss......

''Alfreda and I finished filing and archiving all of our recent case files.. Me and Bree can run that to the bank and pick us up some lunch.."said Josie Boyd, another Associate Attorney, who had been with Olivia and Beverly since day one , when they opened up their firm.

"Where is Bree anyway?" asked Olivia.
"She had an interview this morning with a law firm in town."said Josie.

"I'm going to miss her when her internship is over...She fit in so well with us." said Olivia, mistily...

"I'm going to miss her too!" said Beverly....

Beverly's mother, Alfreda, our office manager was in the kitchen "entertaining" her boyfriend,
Assistant District Attorney , Rockland Cambridge...

They were kissing passionately....

"Ummmmm Alfreda, you are driving me crazy..." he moaned..

'Well you've got to cool it lover boy...There are too many people in here...It's a wonder we 've never been caught in the act...besides...you've got to go back to work..." she whispered in between kisses..

Alfreda got herself together and went to the door.. It was our intern and recent law school graduate, Bresha Williams, who had passed the bar and was interning with us for the past few months..She went to interviews , but I could tell, she was too anxious or in a hurry to leave us..Especially since it was a paid internship and we gave her a percentage of our court case fees. That and the fact that she loved us as much as we loved her.
"Heyyyyy guys." she said.. She always had a sunny disposition. We loved that too!
''Hey Baby...Josie is going to the bank and to pick up food..she would like you to ride along with her." said Olivia.


''Sure...Hey Jo, let's go to Hoagie City." said Bree.

''Girrrrrrrrrlllll, you read my mind." said Josie.

"Mine too...Boo, you want to take a raincheck on uh going upstairs to uh talk...I'm Hungry..."said Beverly in a baby voice..


"Yeah ,I am too!" said Nelson..



I smiled...


Just a typical day in the office...Or at least we thought it was...

II-

"I think I'll call this Louise Bridell.." said Olivia , who called the phone number , given to her by an operator..



The phone rang six times...Olivia was getting ready to hang up , when a male answered.
"Hellllo." came the silky smooth male voice..

"Hello, may I speak to Louise Bridell?" asked Olivia.

"My wife is not here..Who may I say is calling?" he asked.

"Olivia!  Olivia Bennett-Alexander.." said Olivia hesitantly...

"The Attorney???Ohhhhhhhh wowwww! I've always wanted to meet you....I've seen you and your niece on television..." said the man.... "I'm Brian Bridell..." he said.

"The Financier...Yes..I've heard of you." Olivia lied..

Beverly looked at her aunt and laughed out loud...
I smiled...
Olivia waved us away....

''Well when she comes in, tell her to give me a call...It's nothing serious." said Olivia.



"I certainly will...Nice talking to you Mrs. Alexander.." he said.

''HEYYYY GUYS, WE ARE BACK!" said Josie.
''Italian Hoagies for everybody..Come on Ms. Alfreda, we got you one too." said Bresha.
As they laid out seven Hoagies on our conference tables..


"Thank You Baby." said Alfreda.

''We gonna feast today" said Nelson.

As we all sat down and chowed down!



TWO HOURS LATER-

Alfreda answerd the door bell and was pleasently surprised by the handsome man standing there..

"Well Hello!" she said.
''Hellooooooooo!" he said seductively... "I would like to see Olivia...I don't have an appointment, but we spoke on the telephone recently....I'm Brian Bridell.." he said.

"Olivia...Mr. Brian Bridell, to see you." said Alfreda..
Olivia looked stunned....

"Bring him in." she said..
''Come this way Mr. Bridell."said Alfreda.
"Olivia!!! At last we meet....I'm Brian Bridell.." he said.

''Hello, I wasn't expecting this...Uh let me introduce you to the rest of my staff...
My niece and founding partner, Mrs. Beverly West-East...
My Husband, Investigator, Donnie Ray Alexander....
My niece's husband, Associate Attorney , Nelson East..
Associate Attorney, Ms. Josie Boyd
and for the time being, Associate Attorney, Ms. Bresha Williams." said Olivia.
''And you've met our Office Manager



, Ms. Alfreda Johnson.."said Olivia.

"My..My..Myyyy, never have I been any one place with so many intelligent and good looking women all in one room..You've got a beautiful staff Olivia..So let me tell you why I am here.. Did my wife hire you?" he asked.
"You said you were going to tell me why YOU were here." said Olivia with a smile.
"Ha Ha Ha...By damn...If you aren't the lawyer..Shortly after you called ,I checked my bank account...Our Joint account and I see $10,000..00 was withdrawn from the account..You must have cashed that check fast to make sure the ink didn't dry." he said.


Beverly and I had always had a way of looking at each other in a knowing way, ever since I had first met her without saying anything..

Nelson and Josie smiled too.....
Bresha , who hadn't been here was completely in the dark..
Olivia said nothing, she just smiled.
"Okay, well that notwithstanding....You should know that my wife has run off with my business partner..I don't know if she told you that or not." he said.

"We've never talked... I don't know your wife...I wouldn't know her if I tripped over her in the street." said Olivia.

"I see what she did...A little pre-emptive strike move..Well, if she should contact you...Tell her that I'll give her a divorce if that's what she wants and an agreeable settlement...Tell her that if Tony returns , all will be forgiven...He has some sensitive information that has to do with a deal worth Billions...Just tell them to return and I'll work it out amicablely.." said Brian Bridell.
"Wait a minute!!! This guy ran off with your wife and you don't care?" asked Nelson, incredulous....

"So it's just the money for you huh? The Billion dollar Deal." said Beverly..

"Kids...A man can lose a lot of money chasing women.....I know because  I have, yes I have..but you can never lose women, chasing money." said Brian Bridell..


It was then that I started liking him a lot less.

''So if I hear from her, just tell her to come home...Tell her and your business partner, Tony to come home and you all will work things out." said Olivia.

''Exactly and depending on how well things go... I may consider putting you guys on retainer for me.." said Brian Bridell...." And now..I won't waste any more of your day....Thank you all for your attention to this matter" he said and he let himself out, got in to his car and pulled off.
"Charming and Handsome little psychopath, wasn't he?" said Alfreda...
"I was thinking the same thing Alfreda...If what he said is true and she's already run off with his business parter, we may not hear from her.." said Olivia.
"And that'll be the easiest Ten Large we ever made." I said.
"I gotta funny feeling about all of this...It may not be what it seems..."said Beverly.
"Neicey Poo, you are right...I have a bad feeling in my stomach...about this whole thing."said Olivia.

"Nobody drops Ten large on you and just vanishes...I have a feeling we'll be hearing from Mrs. Bridell sooner ,rather than later." said Nelson.
'No doubt, sooner." said Josie.


III-


ONE WEEK LATER-


Bresha got to work a  big case with 






Nelson, Josie, Joan Wong, Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and Chip Burrows... They worked on the case out of our office...We were glad for the experience Bresha was getting...


Olivia and Beverly and I worked a case just like in the old days... Just the three of us.. We missed having Nelson, Josie and Bresha with us..

But it all worked out...


And afterwords, Olivia even treated me to a little "extra" in the Judges Chambers.

"You know we shouldn't be in here..." she said.
"Judge King is gone.for the day..."I said.
We were kissing passionately..

"What are we doing?" asked Olivia.


"We are kissing....I thought that was obvious Mrs. Bennett-Alexander." I said.

"I know that....but you could have kissed me in the hallway.." she said..

We  began kissing some more.....I slipped my hand under her skirt, rubbing her legs and thighs and slipping her panties down..



"Donnie Rayyyyy, stoppppppppppppp...we are going to get caught.." she said in between slow smouldering kisses.. removing my hands slowly...



"By who?  The Judge has already gone for the day....I saw him...It's just me and you...."I said. in between smouldering kisses..


 "I shouldn't be back here with you.." she cooed...

"Sure you should...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...."I moaned...

I slipped my hand up her skirt again...She moved it..

"No..Not in here..NO!  " she said..



"Olivia please....I've been thinking about  you all week, I just can't take it anymore..I need to have you...we've been working on this trial." I said..

I slipped my hand up her skirt again, softly caressing her thighs and hips...I tugged on the waistband of her panties...She was getting aroused.....I could tell...

"Ummmmmmm, you are soooo bad Donnie Ray, but we are not going to do this in here....Stop it now!." she said firmly and gently removed my hands...


I  smiled..

"Okay, Okay...I'll try and control myself.." I said softly..


.

"Yes..try hard.." she said.. 

"I am hard." he said.

"Yes....I can see that." she said , staring at the large bulge in my trousers....

"You gave up too easily.." she whispered and smiled at me..

We continued kissing....

"You sure no one can catch us in here?" she asked.. I smiled slyly...

"The Judge went home for the day...  It's a quarter to four...There isn't another trial scheduled..I checked.." I said in between kisses... I put my hand up her skirt again...tugging at the waistband of her panties..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,okayyyy,  today is your lucky day .we aren't going to make this a habit!" she cooed, softly unzippering my trousers and carressing my rock hard penis...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, you are sooo big....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed softly


I  slipped her panties down and off...

"OHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!" I  moaned upon seeing them..

"Oh hush up.." she giggled..


I  unzippered my  trousers and lifted her up..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEEEEEE...This is my lucky day too?" she said jokingly  as I began thrusting away into her..

"This is being hard.." I said..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDD! YES YOU ARRREEEE!!!! AYEEEEE AYIEEEEEEEE..UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..OUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAY OUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she cooed as I continued to thrust inside of her..

AN HOUR AND A HALF eased by before  I felt myself cumming and cumming hard...My body trembling as was Olivia's...She was sweating and shaking....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OH MY GOODNESSS...UMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned...Her body shaking...




I put her down... She slipped her panties back on...



I  straightened my clothes...

She kissed me one last time..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that was good!" she said.


Olivia checked her phone..


"I missed five calls...and guess who they were from?  Louise Bridell" said Olivia.


A few hours later we arrived at the Bridell Townhouse.. This was dangerous because we could run into Brian Bridell and Louise Bridell and it might be uncomfortable...but she had left five calls and hadn't answered when Olivia returned her calls..
What we found was the daughter , Desiree Brooks-Bridell...

"I'm sorry to have deceived you..My Mother didn't call you...I called you." said Desiree.

''Did you send my office a check for $10,000.00 last week for a retainer fee for both you and your mom?" asked Olivia.
''No...I don't know anything about that...but if mom did it..She did it for a reason...We are scared....My Step-father..Brian has been suspicious of his business partner, Tony Spears for awhile now...He suspects that Tony and my mom were having an affair..He said if he got proof he'd kill him!!!  Last week , when I drove over here..We found Tony in the street unconscious..Mom and I brought him inside and laid him on the couch... We told Brian to call the ambulance..he said there was no time and that he'd take him himself.. He put him in the car...but we don't think he took him to any hospital....So my Mom, got a friend to drive her to the time share we have in the suburbs...That's where she thinks Brian took him..Maybe to kill him and dispose of the body...Anyway...I haven't heard from my mother or Brian or Tony in 24 hours..I thought I'd better call you guys..Mother said you were our lawyers." said Desiree'
This was a fantastic story...

''You should have called the police."I said.
''We are attorneys , not cops." said Beverly...
"Where is this place?" asked Nelson.
"I can give you the directions." she said.
''Never a dull moment with us huh Bree?" said Josie to Bresha.
"Never!" said Bresha.

IV-

We pulled up in front of the duplex , near the edge of the city...
"Ouu Auntay, this is nice." said Beverly.
''This is money..."said Nelson.
"You won't believe this...but after I got my settlement money from the divorce...I looked at this property...but it was too far away from everything...and I didn't like all those trees in the back of here and woods..Anything could sneak up on you." said Olivia with a smile.
'This is nice...but I didn't have a car back then ,I'd of needed to take the subway and two buses to get to work." joked Josie.

"Alfreda would have too...so see , everything worked out and all of our friends wound up moving near us...I'd say everything worked out fine." said Olivia.

"No One is answering the door...but it's wide open." I said.

''Maybe we should come back later." said Bresha , who was a little apphrehensive.

"The door is open...we might as well go in." said Olivia, who followed me inside.


Beverly, Josie, Nelson and Bree followed us inside.

"WOWWWWW ,This place is beautiful." said Beverly..
'YESSSS!" added Josie.

As they walked through the kitchen...

Nelson discovered only a half drank bottle of milk, a bottle of water and a half drank bottle of orange juice in the refrigerator... Some egg shells and an empty package of bacon in the trash and some paper plates..

''Whoever was in here tidied up and left recently..It doesn't look like they're coming back.." said Nelson.

"Let's check the upstairs." said Bree.

The bed was made up...
There were two bra and panty sets on a nearby chair..


"There was somebody here...recently...The shower floor is wet and it's still steamy." I said.

"Somebody just left here." said Beverly.
"Somebody is jerking our chain.." said Olivia.



''What do you want to do Liv?" asked Nelson.

"I think we ought to pay the Bridell's a return visit...I may just write them a check for $10,000.00 and be done with this silliness." said Olivia.

''Let's Go.." I said.


We all piled in and drove off.



We drove back to the Bridell Townhouse. To our surprise, Both Desiree and her mother, Louise Bridell were at home..

"Oh Ms. Olivia, Ms. Beverly... I called you guys three times.. I drove up to the Duplex... I picked my Mom up..she was waiting for the bus.


"Olivia Bennett-Alexander, we finally meet...I'm Louise Bridell...I'm sorry I missed your call the other day." she said. She was a very attractive woman.
"I love your braids." said Beverly..
''Your husband stopped by a week ago and told us that you ran off with Tony Spears....His business
partner." said Olivia.
"He's nuts...we found Tony lying outside unconscious...I told him to call an ambulance...He said he'd take care of it and take care of Tony...He put Tony in his car and pulled off.. I called several area hospitals and there was no record of Tony....I thought about his duplex...He didn't know I knew about it
He took his whores up there.. I caught public transportation up there hoping to catch him with his girls..but he wasn't there...and neither was Tony..I don't know where Tony is or my husband, who I haven't seen in two days." she said.

''You didn't stay there at all?" asked Nelson.
"I spent the night.. I called his phone several times..No answer...I got up in the morning, scrambled me some eggs and bacon...He didn't have much in there...but enough to have some Eggs , Bacon and coffee. I was hoping one of his little whores would come by...but nobody did..I called my daughter and she picked me up." said Mrs. Bridell.
"How did you get in?" I asked. "When we came the door was open." I said.

"I had a key....My husband is such a lazy lover...when I found out about the existence of the duplex...I snuck and had his keys duplicated...He never knew.. But me and my daughter knew..I'm sure you found two bras and two pairs of panties up there on a chair too...Neither are mine..He was too stupid to get rid of evidence..Like I said, such a Lazy Lover." she said.

"I take it you want a divorce?" said Olivia..


"And A settlement of assets amongst other things.." said Louise Bridell..."None of it has anything to do with Tony Spears...He was just using him as leverage in a possible divorce.." said Louise Bridell.


"Liv, guys..We got company." said Josie.


Two Police cars facing in opposite directions were parked out front.. Two Policemen got out of both cars..

"Ohhhhhh Nooooooooo!" said Olivia.
"What is HE DOING HERE?" asked Beverly.
"And it's been so nice lately." sighed Nelson.
"The Cops are outside, anything you'd like to tell us?" I asked.
"Cops? What are the cops doing here?" asked Louise.

"The doorbell is ringing." said Desiree, who answered the door..


It was Lt. Tragg of Homicide..

"Mrs. Louise Bridell...." he said, with a smirk... "Ohhhhhh Olivia and crew...You're here early...Mrs. Bridell, I need you to come down to the station for questioning... Suspicion of First degree Murder." said Lt. Tragg.


"Oh My God....Did something happen to Tony?" she asked.



"Tony?? I don't know any Tony....You're under arrest for the murder of YOUR HUSBAND, BRIAN BRIDELL!! Officer hook her up.. Louise Bridell, you have the right to remain silent, if you give up this right , anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law...You have a right to legal counsel, which I see you have...If you can't afford legal counsel and that surely is no problem for you..Counsel will be given to you...I 'm sure you understand what I'm saying." laughed Lt. Tragg

"Don't say a word Louise...use your right to remain silent...We'll be down to arrange arraignment and bail in the morning..You just hang tight." said Olivia.



Beverly, Nelson and I stood silent as she was handcuffed and walked out...




Josie and Bresha comforted her daughter, Desiree, who was in tears....



"Good Night ladies and Gents." said Lt. Tragg. as he and the four policemen walked Louise out to the car.

I had known this case was going to come back and bite us in the butts...It just wasn't some fluke that was going away...

When you pay $10,000.00 in a retainer...whether you've met the client or not..Meeting them is inevitable and it's never something small.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: