Monday, June 14, 2021

Secret Lineage


 We were in a very tony Pan-Asian Restaurant that didn't happen to be in Philadelphia's Chinatown...or Center City...It instead was in South Jersey...

''Donnie Ray, you big foodie...How did you find this restaurant?" asked Beverly....
''Wasn't me Shortcake..It was Tony here who hipped me to this place." I said, pointing to our intern, Bresha William's boyfriend, Attorney Tony Billips, who worked in Cherry Hill.
"My firm had a business lunch here that I attended...And I thought this would be great for you guys, especially after you won that big case today.."said Tony Billips.
"Bree, you got a keeper there.."laughed Olivia, pointing to Tony..
"I know." she laughed..."He tells me that every day." laughed Bresha..
"Man this is great....I was starving after that trial today..." said Nelson.
''Me too and I wanted a cold drink..."said Josie.
"And to be able to eat and drink in peace without being harrassed by Lt. Tragg...He was pretty pissed when you guys won that case today..."said Paris.
"He's always pissed ." said Olivia and Beverly's cousin, Kayla, also an attorney, who was joining us tonight with her husband, Ray..

"I would say he needs to get laid...but he is getting laid...Isn't he seeing a U.S. Attorney?" asked Kayla's husband, Ray..

"She must be desperate....But I don't get it..She's a very attractive woman...She settled for HIM??" said Beverly..
"You know what they say...To each his own.."said Olivia.


Our food arrived...We were famished...We dug in and proceeded to chow down...

''Oh My Godddddd this is, everything is delish.." said Beverly..
"Ummmmmmm this food is soooooo gooood!" moaned Olivia..
"It's seasoned just right.." I said.
"Oh My God...I hope they let us take home a doggie bag.." said Nelson...
"OUUUUUUUUUU THIS IS DELISH!" exclaimed Josie..
"This is good..."said Paris.

"OH MY GODDDDDDD!!! THIS IS SOOO GOOOOOOOD!" moaned Kayla.
"This is this area's best kept secret..." said Ray..
"Glad you guys like it." said Tony..
"Ummmmmmmmmm, I like it and I like you." cooed Bresha, hugging her boyfriend..

But Ray was wrong...Before our night was over we would discover another well kept secret!


II-

Judge Julie Wong and her new boyfriend,
Former Judge, Attorney Pinkney Bach were also in the restaurant..They had finished their meals and were leaving when they walked past our table..

We also were just finishing our meal..


"OLIVIA???? BEVERLY??? Oh my God...How nice to run into you guys tonight....This is my first time here...is it your first?" asked Judge Julie Wong.


"Judge Wong!! Oh how nice to see you....Yes, this is our first time here and the food was deliciou, it won't be our last." said Olivia.

"Hello Judge Wong." said Beverly...

"Please ,It's Julie....We aren't in court." said Julie Wong..
"Hello Pinkney!" said Bresha.

"Hello Bresha." said Pinkney...He was so different now..He didn't smoke marijuana anymore..Only drank moderately. Gone was the arrogance and the swagger..Whatever Judge Wong had done to him, she had changed him for the better, Bresha thought..
"So we aren't the only ones who decided to take a ride over the bridge tonight. Huh Judge Wong...I uh mean , Julie." said Nelson.

"It's Julie... Please...Hahaha...You might find this hard to believe, but I never heard of this place before...Pinkney knew of this place..he said he had come here with a client once." said Julie Wong.

I wondered to myself if that client had been female and if they had ended up in the motel down the road?  That was the "old" Pinkney , I suppose.. I smiled to myself.

"I'm glad I ran into you guys...I was going to drop by your place of business tomorrow, but since you are all here ,I can make my presentation to you... I need a favor...a big favor and I am prepared to pay...but I do not want it known that I am paying you for your services.." said Julie Wong.
"You need a favor from us?  Oh Really? Are you in trouble Julie?" asked Olivia.


"I am not...but Attorney Roscoe Jenkins is.... 




He's in the middle of a murder case..Or rather he was in the middle of a murder case and he was tossed in the cooler for five days for contempt.  He needs a lawyer to defend him on contempt charges and his client needs an attorney because the Judge, Judge Merlin Merkins wants the trial to go on and will be assigning a Public defender , who will surely be someone inexperienced and will lose this case." said Julie Wong.

"Judge Merlin Merkins...
I thought he retired...Five years ago he tossed Olivia and Beverly in the cooler for refusing to take off their Black Lives Matter pins that were on their lapels..I defended them successfully on the contempt charge . I'll get Mr. Jenkins off...
I've heard of him...Roscoe Jenkins  , Great Trial lawyer...I thought he retired too!" said Nelson..
"He did! He came out of retirement to defend this case and just his luck, he wound up in that Fascists courtroom...I despise the man, Judge Merkins...He was supposed to retire and leave the bench five years ago, but he refused.." said Julie Wong.
Beverly, my intern, Bresha and I will take over the case." said Olivia.

Beverly and Bresha High fived...


"And Nelson and Josie will get Mr. Jenkins out on bail and defend him on the contempt charge.."said Olivia.

"Oh Thank you so much Olivia...I'll stop by your office tomorrow morning  with the particulars of the case...Trial begins at 11:00 am... I know it's short notice..but I had to work fast..."said Julie Wong.



"I have to ask Ms. Wong, what is your interest in all this??...The case isn't even in your courtroom."I asked.


''Roscoe Jenkins is my BIOLOGICAL FATHER! " she said.

You could have heard a pin drop...

"Your what?" asked Olivia.
''She said her Biological Father." I said.
"So...You....you're part Black!"said Beverly.
''WOWWWWW!  I'd of never thought." said Nelson.
''Well she does have a tan..sort  of." said Beverly...
"Will wonders never cease.." said Bresha.
"WOWWWWWWW! " said Kayla..

"That explains that killer body! and that round booty...Whoa" said Ray to Tony....
"Damn Straight homie.I was checkin that out on the low low." said Tony...
"Helllllllll yeah...Through me for a loop when I found out.," said Pinkney to them.


"My Mother was from North Korea....She was working as a court stenographer...She was here illegally..My Father helped her get her citizenship and a torrid romance ensued..I was born out of that romance... but they never married...My Mother married a Korean Man... He loved me and raised me like I was his own...I have a half sister...She's three years younger. Her daughter is an Assistant District Attorney...I believe you guys tried a case against my niece a while back..

My Father kept in touch with me over the years and he paid for my college...I went to Howard University and my law school... I went to Georgetown Law school and passed the bar.. I returned to Philly and I worked for him at his firm for five years, then I went off on my own, first as Public defender, then as Assistant District Attorney and finally as a Judge.. My father was so proud of me, becoming a judge...but I worry about him...He's getting up in age...This is stressful for him.. and now he's gotten himself locked up." said Julie Wong.

''This is all so, so.." said Olivia.


"I know...Shocking...I identify as both African-American and Asian.." said Julie Wong.

III-




THAT NIGHT!!


''I really shouldn't have come here...I have to meet Olivia and her guys early tomorrow." said Julie Wong..
"I'll make sure you are up and out on time.. You have a change of clothes here." said Pinkney, who took her in his arms and began kissing her..


She smelled so fresh, so good and her skin was baby soft, He was nearly delirious.


" Ummmmm ,I brought something...Oriental tea and a nice fresh body wash....Take a shower with me." she said.

This woman was full of surprises he thought...He hurriedly undressed and started the warm water....

They kissed passionately by his shower door...


They took a nice long shower together...

"MY GOODNESS!!!!! YOU ARE SO DAMN BIG!" she exclaimed again......



After they showered they had the tea she had bought....It lightened his mood, hers too...


They sat on the side of his bed ,kissing passionately ,while she moved up and down on him...having one orgasm after another...and crying out!!!

She rode him slowly ,like a surfer, riding the waves.....and cooing softly....

He never imagined this straight  laced, prissy judge with the big glasses was so sensual...

They eventually wound up in the bed, making sweet, sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!

"OHHHHHHHHHHH.... you are so damn horny...Always so damn big and ready for action " she moaned..



He just continued making sweet love to her for another THREE TO FOUR HOURS!

She left early in the morning....Pinkney was sound asleep, snoring..She had to meet Olivia and I this morning..
She was so glad she ran into us in that restaurant , she thought as she headed for the parking lot and her car!


Within an hour, our doorbell rang...


Alfreda had been expecting her...

"Come right in Your Honor.... I'll have some coffee for you in just a minute,," she said.


"Good Morning Guys." she said with a smile..
"Good Morning Julie." said Olivia.
"Good Morning Ms. Wong." I said.
"Good Morning." said Beverly.
"Good Morning."said Nelson.
"Good Morning." said Josie.
"Good Morning." said Bresha.

We all had our coffee..

"Here is your coffee doll."said Alfreda.
as she poured a cup of coffee for Julie Wong.

''Quite a place you've got here..and I understand you and your husband and your niece and her husband live upstairs." said Julie.
''We do.." said Olivia.
"Nice." said Julie Wong.

IV-


Judge Wong 
opened up about the case...She put a glossy on the desk...

"This is Johnny Honeywell... He is on trial for allegedly being the Queen Village Rapist...and murderer of  a woman named Helen Green... He has a prior conviction for being a sex offender.. He was 18 and impregnated a white girl who was 16....The relationship was consensual...but she was under age and she did live out on the main line... He served two years of a three year sentence. That is the only blister on his record...No juvenile stuff and nothing since until this... Prior to his conviction...He was an All city Basketball star with a scholarship to several colleges...

His conviction on the Statutory rape charge ended that... While incarcerated he got his High school diploma.. He enrolled in and graduated from Community College with an Associates Degree in Business and held down a job and was preparing to enter Temple University at the time of his arrest." said Judge Wong.


"I heard about these Queen Village Rapes... Three young ladies were sexually assaulted , usually in the early morning hours after getting off late from working in bars or restaurants." I said.


"Helen Green was one such victim...and the only one who was murdered...The three living girls all described a different description of their assailant.. One woman said he was 5 feet 6, heavy set and had a thick Italian accent..., Another woman said he definitely a Black man, but short and dumpy...5 foot six...The third woman said it was dark and the attacker didn't say anything...but she said he was about 5 foot seven.... Johnny Honeywell is a light skinned Black man and he's six foot, four and muscular..." said  Julie Wong.


Bresha and Josie looked at each other and whispered...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm" and giggled.
"The police did a rape kit , didn't they?" asked Olivia.
"Yes... In two of the attacks, the rapist used a condom, so there is no semen..."said Judge Wong..
"But there could have been hair, saliva, something..." said Beverly.
"Yes, there was and the two don't match Johnny Honeywell's DNA at all.... . In the third one, the DNA and other forensic evidence was marked  "Inconclusive" and with the Murder victim...a condom was used...Nothing. My father's client's only connection to the crimes is he was making a delivery to the bars and restaurants in the area on each of the nights of the attacks, except the night of the murder...He wasn't working. He said he was in his apartment alone. He has no alibi.  My father considers this circumstantial evidence and a miscarriage of justice...He was arguing vehemently to have this entire case tossed out when the judge tossed him in the cooler." said Judge Wong.

"This might not even be the work of a serial rapist and killer...These attacks all could be random." said Nelson.
"Yes, exactly..." said Judge Wong.
"I don't want to ask who the arresting officer was and why this has become a serial rapist-murder case." I sighed.
"Who is the case detective?" asked Olivia calmly..
"That idiot Lt. Tragg...He's high and mighty since he cracked that  Atwell Murder case and now he's created a sensational case where there might not be one to further his television profile." sighed Judge Wong.
"Why am I not the least bit surprised?" said Beverly.

Olivia looked at her watch...

"We better head to court....Beverly, Donnie Ray and Bresha are going with me..
\



I want time for us to go over your dad's case file...


"Nelson and Josie are going to get your dad out of the cooler and fight the contempt charge." said Olivia.
"Thank you so much , all of you... I'm going to go home...I'm off today....I need my sleep.." sighed Judge Wong...She'd no doubt been up all night with Pinkney...I mused..

We all headed off to court...

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: