Friday, June 25, 2021

My Money Is On Tomorrow

The Preliminary Hearing for Thomas Prescott- Courtroom C
 

"Hi I'm Assistant District Attorney, Hayden King...I'll be prosecuting this case.. You must be the Case Detective Arthur Tragg...I've left several messages for you....I don't have much to go on other than gossip and hearsay..No physical evidence other than a ballistics report and no weapon...and a bag full of panties and bras with DNA that is inconclusive.. I was hoping you went back over that crime scene and got me something more." she said.
Lt. Tragg wasn't even listening to what she was saying..

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOM! WOWWWWW What a babe! " he was thinking...

"Artie!! ARTIE!!!! snap out of it.." said Judge King.. "This is my niece...My sister's kid...So be co-operative and none of that handsy stuff.." said Judge King.

Ms. Yvette stood in court with our client , Thomas Prescott and the rest of us, Sofia, Bee Bee, myself, Kahlil and Ms. Jade.


"We could win this in the pre lims...This case is incredibly weak...One of Lt. Tragg's weakest..."said Yvette.
"And that's saying a lot.." said Sofia.
Thomas Prescott laughed a little bit.

"I love you guys confidence." he said.
"This is more than confidence Tommy...I've seen cases on TV shows that were stronger than the one against you." said Bee Bee.
"I think I know who the killer is." I said.

"Oh after a few  nights ago!? I'm one hundred percent sure of who the killer is.." said Kahlil.
'' Gary served the warrant...."said Jade.




We are waiting for the results from the second Ballistics report...




Barbara Hurley did a lot of drinking at a local watering hall yesterday.. I took several glasses that she drank from after she left... I took them to Dr. Goggins Lab.


to get a DNA match to what we found in the panties and bras...I'm waiting for the reports on both." said Jade.


Judge Reynolds arrived and the arguments began..

In the United States, at a preliminary hearing the judge must find that such evidence provides probable cause to believe that the crime was committed, and that the crime was committed by the defendant There is a right to counsel at the preliminary hearing. 

The conduct of the preliminary hearing as well as the specific rules regarding the admissibility of evidence vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. 

Hearsay is typically allowed. If the court decides that there is probable cause, a formal charging instrument (called the information in some jurisdictions) will be issued; and the prosecution will continue.

 If the court should find there is no probable cause, then typically the prosecution will cease.

 Many jurisdictions, however, allow the prosecution to seek a new preliminary hearing, or even seek a bill of indictment from a grand jury.

 The key questions that a preliminary hearing normally addresses are-

 Is there probable cause to believe the alleged crime occurred and did it occur within the court's jurisdiction? 

Is there probable cause to believe that the defendant committed the crime?

 If a judge determines that there is sufficient evidence to believe that the defendant committed the crime, it is said that the defendant is "held to answer" or "bound over" (in U.S. jurisdictions)

It was quite obvious a crime had occurred. A man was found murdered in his living room in the early hours of the morning, two weeks ago.

It was quite obvious, the crime occurred in the court's jurisdiction...The City of Philadelphia..

But what was not obvious , was whether our client was guilty.


Ms. Yvette argued that the case against our client should be tossed out because there was "absolutely no proof whatsoever that he was guilty"...No Physical evidence.


Hayden Argued that our client couldn't prove that he did not commit the crime either..No Alibi.

Bee Bee and Sofia argued  that just using that for a basis was lazy at best and could be used against anybody. They argued that the case, the accusation of murder against our client had no merit whatsoever.

Hayden presented 13 witnesses..These people had all talked to Lt. Tragg...




With Kahlil, Bee Bee and Sofia, we used our objections and our cross examination to discredit every single one of them. showing how their initial statements to Lt. Tragg, later statements made to Jade and what they were saying now contradicted themselves....

We got them to admit that, with the exception of one person...They didn't even know Thomas Prescot and were most repeating what they'd heard and not what they knew..

To make matters worse...Not one of them could place Thomas Prescott at the scene of the crime... After two days, The prosecutions case was all but dead in the waters..We stood a good chance of getting the charges dropped.

"You guys are the real deal..." said a very happy Thomas Prescott.
"You guys made me proud the way you performed...Excellent preparation and execution." said Yvette,looking like a proud mother.
"We had a good teacher." I said.
"Yes and when we get those Ballistic Reports and DNA reports back we'll have an even better chance." said Bee Bee.
"No way this gets held over for a trial." said Sofia.

"Hell, we could get this case thrown out without those reports...She's got nothing and by now she knows it." said Kahlil.

II-


ADA Hayden King agreed with Kahlil...She glared angrilly at Lt. Tragg.

" How did you get an indictment with this horse shit???...All you've brought me was a Ballistics report...No gun...and a bag of panties and bras with DNA that matches none of the known women in his life, Julie Prescott or Lisa Burton, both of whom had rock solid alibis...That means there is a third woman and you don't know who she is." she said.



"Maybe not, but the defense doesn't know who she is either or have the murder weapon..."said Lt. Tragg in his defense.

"The mystery woman could be the killer...Did that ever occur to you? Or at any rate ,she's at least worth talking to. Have  a team search for that gun....and find that third woman and fast...I have nothing right now and they are killing me...They are close to having all of the charges against this man thrown out..Go and get me something." said Hayden.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch...I'll do what I can." assured Lt. Tragg.


"My Panties are not in a bunch, I assure you." she said seductively...


Lt. Tragg was as red as a beet..

"Yeah? They aren't huh?" he said softly...Smiling at her...

"No they aren't..now go get me some more evidence Lieutenant!" she whispered.

Sofia, Bee Bee, Myself and Kahlil watched Lt. Tragg and ADA Hayden King talking.

''Wonder how long it'll be before she slaps him?" mused Sofia.
"My Money is on tomorrow when we begin our defense." laughed Bee Bee.
"I actually had today." I said, laughing..

"Yo, I did too!"laughed Kahlil..



Ms. Yvette stood over in a corner talking on her phone...

"Hi Tommy, uh how are you?  I'm uh probably the last person you'd want to talk to." said Julie Prescot.
"No, not really....How have you been? You still look good." said Tommy.
"So do you... Listen...I-I no longer think you killed Claude Beezos and from what I've heard...If you did , you did me a favor..He was a walking penis, just sticking it in everybody...You were right about him a few months ago...I was sooo wrong and I'm sooo sorry..." said Julie Prescott.
"It takes a big person to admit when they're wrong Julie...I was wrong too about some things...Look, if I uh make it through this trial..Can we meet somewhere and talk?" asked Thomas Prescott..


"Sure....I'm technically, still your wife...If you want...we can come back to my condo ,make up for lost time. My Money is on tomorrow." said Julie.
"I'd like that....I'd like that very much...I've missed you so..My Money is on tonight..."said Thomas Prescott..
"I've missed you too!" said Julie. "You've got great attorneys...They work for my firm..and Yvette and I have known each other since High School..." said Julie.


"Really? She never mentioned that." said Thomas Prescott.


"Probably because there was nothing to mention...We weren't friends...but maybe we should have been...she's the sweetest and realest person around.. I didn't know that in High School, College or Law school..I missed out on a great friend..Now we work together...right down the hall from each other and we hardly ever talk...I'm going to do something about that...If she'll even speak to me afterwords.."said Julie.

"I'll speak to you Julie!" said Ms. Yvette, who heard the entire conversation..In fact, you can buy me that coffee right now!" she said , smiling..

''Let's go someplace quiet and have dinner..Not Sam Mother's...How bout that place in Camden?" I said.
"Yeah, the four of us...." said Bee Bee.
"I'm down with that, how bout you babes?" asked Kahlil.
"Of course...Let's get out of here." said Sofia..

The four of us poured out of the courthouse.




Ms. Yvette, Thomas Prescott and Julie Prescott had all left...


Lt. Tragg found himself in the hallway alone, wondering where everyone had gone.


III-


That afternoon in Julie Prescott's condo.. 

Julie was kissing her husband, Thomas Prescott for the first time in a year and a half and moving up and down on his penis...while they both sat on the side of the bed..

"Ummmmmmmm, I've missed you soooo much..I'm glad we didn't wait until tomorrow...I need this, I so need this right now....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" said Julie..

"I've missed you too! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! " said Thomas..



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THOMAS...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSssss!" she cooed silently...

She rode him slowly, cowgirl style...like a surfer rides the waves....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I forgot how hard and how damn BIG you are Tommy...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she cooed.

"You know, we don't have to get divorced Julie!" he found himself saying.

"NO WE DON'T!! I DON'T WANT TO GET DIVORCED....DO YOU?" she asked..

"NOT NOWWWWWW!!!" he said..

She laughed..."You are sooo silly...I'll bet you don't right now.." she said.
She laughed and smothered him with kisses...

Before they began making love  in the bed ....

THE NEXT NINE TO TEN HOURS THEY WERE ENGAGED in slow sensual love making, Julie had several intense orgasms...She cried like a little girl..

"TOMMY I STILL LOVE YOU!!"

"Julie, I love you too!" he said softy...


Julie's phone was vibrating off the hook for several hours...She was naturally oblivious to it..
Lt. Tragg had been calling her and texting her before he went to Curley's Bar and After he left it...

"She can't be out this time of night..." he mused..
He dropped by her condo... She was home..but what he heard shocked him.. The bed was squeaking out of control..

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I forgot how hard and how damn BIG you are Tommy...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she cooed.

"You know, we don't have to get divorced Julie!" he found himself saying.

"NO WE DON'T!! I DON'T WANT TO GET DIVORCED....DO YOU?" she asked..

"NOT NOWWWWWW!!!" he said..

She laughed..."You are sooo silly...I'll bet you don't right now.." she said.

TOMMY I STILL LOVE YOU!!"

"Julie, I love you too!" he said softy...





"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???" he screamed out.. "That's Prescott in there! She's banging her husband!!!!I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!! " he screamed!!

"Hey Buddy, would you quiet the noise? It's bad enough they're in there making all that racket with the bed squeaking and all, I gotta work tomorrow " said a neighbor.

Lt. Tragg stormed down the hallway , furious...He kicked a trash can until it dented...



The next morning , we took a chance and ate breakfast at Sam Mother's Diner.


Two everything Omelettes were placed in front of Ms. Yvette and Her Husband, Gary...



Bee Bee  and Sofia were amazed...

"Wowww Ms. Yvette, that looks amazing.." said Bee Bee.
"Wowwwwwwww! Aye Mios Dios!" said Sofia.
''Mr. Fried Eggs himself ,Lt. Tragg ordered this the last time Vettie and I were in here and we decided we'd try it."said Gary..
"And for once he was right about something." laughed Ms. Yvette..

"It looks great." I said.

"Yes indeed." said Kahlil.





As our four omelletes , bacon and coffee arrived..



Ms. Jade walked in and sat down...She had a smile on her face...She opened up her briefcase..

"GREAT NEWS...We got a DNA Match....DNA, taken from her saliva on the drinking glasses ,matches DNA found in the panties and the bras in his house...Barbara Hurley is definitely the fourth woman, but even better.. The gun that was confiscated from her house.. Is the murder weapon... Barbara Hurley is our killer too!." said Jade.
"I can't wait to get her on the stand."" said Yvette..


"Put that away...we got company." I said.


An angry Lt. Tragg walked in and headed straight for our tables..

"Wellllllllll look who it is...Yvette and her young snot nosed band of miscreents...DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR BUM ASS CLIENT WAS LAST NIGHT?? HE WAS AT THE ARIAS CONDOS SCREWING THE BRAINS OUT OF HIS WIFE!!!" he screamed in anger..
"Well Imagine that!" said Jade sarcastically...







That remark brought the usually stoic Gary, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and even I into hysterically loud laughter..

Lt. Tragg was furious at being the butt of a joke.. He bellowed "THAT'S IT JADE..THAT'S IT....YOU'RE UNDER ARREST , DISRESPECT OF AN OFFICER OF THE LAW!" he screamed..

Which brought more laughter...

Bee Bee and I were holding each other , we were laughing so hard...
Gary had his head on the table..
Jade was pounding her fists on the table..

Like Me and Bee Bee, Kahlil and Sofia were holding themselves, they were laughing so hard..

Seeking to defuse the situation..Ms. Yvette spoke quietly and calmly...

"Lieutenant calm down..calm down..There is no such charge...Now I understand you were quite fond of my colleauge , Mrs. Prescott..but SHE IS MARRIED and estranged or not, that IS HER HUSBAND...
We've got trial today...It's the last day of the preliminary hearings...Go get some breakfast, calm yourself down." said Ms. Yvette softly and calmly...

Ms. Yvette was a little disappointed in Tommy.. Her strict orders were that he stay in his hotel, out of sight. But he had been good all this time  and the offer of sex is too tempting to keep any man in a hotel room by himself too long.

"You're right Vettie, you're right!" he said.. "SAM...MY REGULAR...TWO EGGS FRIED,  SOME SPUDS ,SOME SAUSAGE AND SOME HOT COFFEE!!" he bellowed.

"Comin up Artie!" said Sam Mother.





as his food came up... He sat quietly and ate the rest of the morning.

IV-


The final day of the Preliminary Hearing was upon us..

Assistant District Attorney, Hayden King rested her case...

Judge Reynolds said.

"This case is extremely weak ...I find very little here outside of hearsay and gossip to say that this man is guilty of any crime...but before I make my ruling...Mrs. Lockwood, do you have a defesne?" he asked.

"Yes Your honor , I do....I call Barbara Hurley to the stand." said Ms. Yvette.


"That's Barbara Hurley-Beezos...I was the wife of the deceased." she said..



I displayed the panties and bra on a table.

"Ms. Hurley...These are yours are they not? These were discovered in Claude Beezo's bedroom" I asked

"YES, they are mine...Of course they were in his bedroom...We were married." she said.

''Actually you are not his wife...We checked...There is no legal record of you being married to him or anyone else., Nor of he being married.." said Bee Bee.

"Shut your mouth...I AM HIS WIFE!!! WE WERE MARRIED!" she protested..


"So if you were his wife...How come you lived down the street from him?  How come you didn't live with him?  I'm married and I live with my husband, not down the street."said Sofia.

"HE WAS MY HUSBAND!" she said defiantly...
Kahlil wasted no time...He presented the gun..
"This is your gun isn't it? The gun you pointed at us the other night when we were in his house, correct?" he asked.
"Yes...That's my gun.." she said.
"It's a ballistic match for the murder...Did you know that?" asked Ms. Yvette.


"What were they doing at my crime scene? And what were they doing withholding evidence?" screamed Lt. Tragg.

"I'm sure they had a court order...So much for the defense doesn't know who the other woman is..So much for the defense  can't match the DNA in the underwear to anybody...So much for the defense doesn't have the murder weapon  either..Ohhhhh my god, you gave me a lousy case and then you didn't even follow up on it... Ohhh you are the worst.." said ADA Hayden King to Lt. Tragg.


"You watch his house well...I have a phone here with several messages from you...You were obsessed with him...I have a woman here...Linda Jenerette , who will testify that she slept with him in the hours from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am in the morning..Knowing how you watch his house..and the fact that you duplicated his key..You let yourself in didn't you?  And you fired two bullets into his chest and killed him, didn't you?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"I was going to kill them both...He was my husband...He kept cheating on me...With those two lawyers, Julie Prescott and Lisa Burton and with any girl in a pair of panties, then when he was finished, he'd have me over..panting and sweating and slobbering over me...I couldn't stand it..I couldn't stand the blatant disrespect....I shot him...I didn't mean to kill him, just to teach him a damn lesson...I was going to bandage him up and make love to him...I didn't mean to kill him!! He laid there on the floor, he wouldn't get up!!!" she said.
"Oh My God!!" said Bee Bee.
"Aye Mios Dios!" said Sofia.
''She's a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket" I said.
"You aint lyin buddy"said Kahlil.
"OH MY GOD!!!" said Ms. Yvette..
"Unbelievable!" said ADA Hayden King...

"This Broad is as crazy as a loon." said Lt. Tragg.

We all looked at her in amazement...She actually believed what she was saying!
"Bailiffs, take that woman into custody..."said Judge Reynolds.

"If it please the court and in lieu of these new developments..The People move to drop all charges against Mr. Thomas Prescott." said ADA Hayden King.


"So Moved..Mr. Prescott, you are free to go." said Judge Reynolds..

"Thank You Your Honor and Thanks to my great legal team..." said a smiling Thomas Prescott.
"I told you guys we could win this in the preliminaries.." said Yvette.
"This was a piece of cake...I wished every case was this easy to win." said Bee Bee.
"You and me both...I'm down for a nice thick steak and a dry martini tonight.." said Sofia.
"Me too and I know a great new steakhouse..." I said.
"You guys read my mind." said Kahlil.
"Mine too!" said Jade.

The Press snapped photos of us and interviewed us....


They let Lt. Tragg have it too! He tried to deflect from the fact that he had once again arrested the wrong man and conducted a sub-par investigation..

"That woman, That Barbara Hurley was as crazy as a loon..a real whackadoo...A crazy cold blooded murderer if I ever saw one.." he said dramatically...

''She couldn't have been so crazy, she outfoxed YOU!!!  Once again, the attorneys and their investigator actually solved the crime ..." said a reporter...

"LOU...I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU.....I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU THE HELL OUT!" screamed an already angry Lt. Tragg, who charged at all of the reporters, fists flying..tables being turned over...people running and screaming...Baillifs and Uniformed policemen trying to get in between them all...
"I'm out of here." said Ms. Yvette.
"Right Behind you boss lady." said Jade.
"Let's Go Bee!" I said , taking her by the hand...
''Where you go ,I'll follow Lover." said Bee Bee, following me.
"Come on Husband." said Bee Bee, grabbing Kahlil by the hand..
''Right behind ya babe."said Kahlil as we exited out the side door of the courthouse..




Julie and Thomas Prescott, still married, stood across the street from the courthouse, kissing passionately like two teenagers.. 

Perfect ending to a case....


EPILOUGE-


Barbara Hurley, who confessed to the murder of Claude Beezos is being held indefinitely

at the Blue Skies Asylum for the criminally insane.





Thomas and Julie Prescott met with Olivia and Zoey and informed them that they were not getting a divorce and that they planned on staying married.


I found us a Rooftop Steakhouse....

We all had thick juicy steaks, Baked Potato and shrimp...with



and Citris and Mango Martini's...
''Excellent Choice of restaurant Keith..I'm impressed." said Ms. Yvette.
"Yeah....you sure Donnie Ray didn't tell you about this place ?" laughed Gary...
"Nope...you won't believe this, but our client told me..Thomas Prescott." I said.
"Oh that was nice of him..." said Bee Bee..

"Real Nice..The food is great and the view....Wowwwww!" said Kahlil..


"All of those things...Tonight is so nice..."said Sofia...

"Oh No.....No....It's not possible." said Danny Ho.

"And there goes our night." said Ms. Jade.

Lt. Tragg walked over to our table..He had been drinking..

"I just want to know one thing....You did have a court order to enter that crime scene , didn't you?" he asked.

The Case was over...and here he was bringing up a technicallity..

"Yes sir...We did.." said Yvette.
"You did withhold evidence about the phone and the gun....didn't you?" he asked.

"No we did not...Everything was entered into discovery....Lt. Tragg, I've been an Attorney a long time...I know the proper procedure.."said Ms. Yvette..


"Just making sure..." he said and he walked away....

"Poor Guy...He's been really going through it...He broke up with U.S. Attorney Julie Baisden...She left the U.S. Attorney's Office and moved out of town...Didn't leave a forwarding address, didn't tell him nothing. He was fooling around with that Julie Prescott babe and she decides to get back with her husband...All that and he really fouled up this case...It aint good to be him now of days."said Gary..

"No, I guess it isn't." said Yvette.



and we enjoyed the rest of our night with no further interruptions!

FOR DANYL-

No comments: