Tuesday, October 25, 2022

In The Name Of Love Part II

A Tidy little rowhome in Northeast Philadelphia.
 

Police photographers were snapping photos of the victime....while CSI and people from the Medical Examiner's Office were looking at the body...

"One wound is a defensive wound, it went through the palm of the left hand....two others hit him square in the chest...and the third shot went right between the eyes and exited out of the back of the head..." said one of the CSI guys...


"Nobody heard anything...at least no gunshots...."said Dr. Hazel Baylor...who had on latex gloves and was examining the body....


"He's been dead about five or six hours....body is stil surprisingly warm..."said Dr, Marcy Martin...



"We got one neighbor who said she heard yelling a few hours ago...It sounded like "OH NOOO, NOOOO!" but she said that was normal, she always heard yelling coming from this house..Him yelling at his wife and what sounded like slaps and punches..."said a uniformed cop..


"I live a few blocks from here...I took the call as soon as I heard it... That's Danny Green...he's a cop, Detective Sgt. Danny Green,..I just saw him yesterday...I just had a few beers with the guy yesterday....I can't believe this." said a visibly shaken Lt. Tragg.

"He's been dead about six hours."said Dr. Marcy Martin..


"Lieutenant..We got one neighbor who said she heard yelling a few hours ago...It sounded like "OH NOOO, NOOOO!" but she said that was normal, she always heard yelling coming from this house..Him yelling at his wife and what sounded like slaps and punches..."said a uniformed cop..


Despite the fact she didn't want to talk to him at all, Hazel was a professional and determined to do her job. "If you observe the body...One wound  is a defensive wound, it went through the palm of the left hand....Two others hit him square in the chest...and the third shot went right between the eyes and exited out of the back of the head..."she explained..


"Nobody heard nothin huh?" Lt. Tragg asked.


"No one heard any gunshots, Just some yelling and screaming for a few minutes, then nothing.. I think the killer used a silencer..."said one of the CSI man...

"Professional Hit?" asked a uniformed officer.



"That's what someone wanted it to look like..Where is his wife? Where is Nancy?" asked Lt. Tragg.



"She's at work...He was off today...She went to work...I suppose she should be notified."said Hazel.



"I'LL NOTIFY HER!!! If you guys are done here....Get hm to the morgue and girls have that autopsy report and tox report to me as soon as possible." said Lt. Tragg.

"Okay guys wrap him up!" said Hazel.




A crowd gathered and watched as the body was wheeled out of the house in a white body bag strapped to a gurney...



We had finished breakfast...




Kayla, Josie and Bresha all went home....They were still a little sleepy and all got in bed and took naps..




Beverly and Nelson walked downstairs to their domicile...


No sooner were the doors closed then they were on each other, kissing and undressing each other..


with Nelson slipping her panties down..
and bending her over the bathroom sink....
Then lifting her up after awhile and placing her on the bathroom sink, parting her legs and entering her
slowly and gently and feeling her petite body tremble in between butter soft kisses...Kisses that were driving both of them to near delirium....
Later, Beverly  sat on the side of the bed and eased up and down on Nelson, driving him to near insanity... She had had close to two very intense orgasms....She was in tears....she was sooo happy and so in love....
and they finally wound up in bed..making sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!..
Olivia and I weren't upstairs being slouches..


She and I were kissing passionately...
We were undressing...

and I was removing her panties ...


I was hoisting her up and long stroking her, turned on by her screams of pleasure and her body trembling.....
Sitting on the side of the bed as she rode me like a surfer riding the great blue waves.....and kissing me , while I stared into her beautiful brown eyes..
She rode me cowgirl style on top of the bed...



and we finally got into a good missionary rhythm.....for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS...


A Nice way to spend the afternoon of the day after we just got an acquittal in a big case.. We had no idea that our next case loomed in front of us.

II-


THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY NINA RIOS, WOMEN'S LAW CENTER


Alfreda and Nancy Green spoke for a long time...up to THREE HOURS...Alfreda told her about her time with an abusive man and how ultimately, her daughter, who she had by Olivia's much older brother left her to stay with Olivia, her mother and father..

"That man was everything to  me and I didn't know why....The sex was alright, but it wasn't great...and yet I couldn't stay without him...He broke my collarbone once...he fractured a couple of ribs once.. He was a coke head...He was handsome...but he was a bum... I left him, when I got tired of him and his abuse....I never saw him again and I don't miss him... I found someone...Someone I met in therapy, who showed me true love , real love...I tried to fight it..tried to push him away, but he was persistant...I dropped my guard....and the sex is off the chain...girrrrrrrrrrrrlllll!!! that's why I married him...You'll find your true love too!" said Alfreda.
"I have....He's a real nice guy...treats me like a queen...If I had met hm first...I would have got with him, but I'm married...Shame how things work out...You meet Mr. Right at the wrong time..." said Nancy...


"Yeah, how about that?" said Alfreda as both women laughed..  "I know a good lawyer....Not the ones I work for.. Another lawyer...Her name is Zoey Easter...She's a great divorce lawyer....she can get you out of your marriage and I'm sure the people here can get you in a shelter or halfway house until you can get yourself  together..." said Alfreda..

"Thank You Ms. Alfreda." said Nancy...

There was yelling and screaming and a great commotion heard...

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!! WHERE IS YOUR WARRANT??" screamed Nina Rios..


"DON'T MAKE ME DISLIKE YOU NINA.....FOR YEARS YOU WERE A GOOD ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY AND I RESPECTED YOU......NOW BACK OFF!!!! NANCY GREEN!!!!"snarled Lt. Tragg...

"You want me Arthur?" asked Nancy...
"NANCY GREEN, you are under arrest, suspicion of murder in the death of your husband, Danny Green.. As an Attorney, I'm sure you realize you have the right to remain silent..Anything and everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...You have a right to an attorney, if you can't afford one, a Public Defender will be provided for you...I know you understand these rights as I am reading them to you!"said Lt. Tragg.


He had an armed Tactical squad with him, always over dramatic..

"Danny's dead??" asked Nancy....

"As if you didn't know...." said Lt. Tragg.,.....He noticed Alfreda Cambridge...Beverly's mother and the office manager of Olivia and Beverly... "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" he snarled.
"I'M MINDING MY BUSINESS! " said Alfreda..
"You can't do this." said Nina.


"I CAN AND I AM!" said Lt. Tragg as he walked her out...


Met by the Press, who just naturally was there at the time...Snapping photos...


It was 5:00 pm.  He had no idea how close he came to catching some of his " favorite people" leaving their place of work... They were right across the street..coming out of the building and watching..

"Look, it's Lieutenant Tragg, he's arresting somebody across the street at the Women's Law Center."said  Yvette.
"There is Nia Rios and Ms. Alfreda!  Wonder what Ms. Alfreda was doing over there?" asked Keith Jones.
"Who is he arresting?" asked Bee Bee.
"I don't know, but somebody did a number on her face."said Ms. Virginia.
"Both of her eyes are blacked , her cheek is discolored and her lip is swollen." said Sofia.,
"Looks like Lt. Tragg after one of his many fights."said Kahlil.
Jade cracked up laughing..
"I sure hope the cops didn't do that...Instant lawsuit..."said Kayla's husband, Ray...
"Hey man, let's slip outta here..You don't want him seeing us in the crowd and discovering where we work." said Tony.
"You're right Tony,let's all get out of here and catch the train." said Jazzy, who felt a bit uneasy about Lt. Tragg being this close to us...He usually doesn't operate in this area.
"Frankly I'm tired of us having to always duck this guy and worry about him being around."said a defiant Dabnis...
"So Am I ."said an equally defiant Jessica.
"Come on, we'll all find out what happened later on tonight..Let's get out of here."said Chip..

"Yeah guys....He knows I work here...but he doesn't know about you guys...Get out of here, Go home...I'll give you the skinny tomorrow." said Karen Page.

"Yeah, come on guys...Let's Go home." said Yvette.











The 13 of them slipped into the crowd of people watching and headed for the train and the safety of their homes.







HOURS LATER-



We sat in the kitchen drinking hot cups of organic tea.
''So with next to no evidence, Lt. Tragg arrested Nancy Green?? I mean they just discovered the body...She was at work all day." I said.
"Dear Heart ,Why are you surprised? How long have you been with me?  He has always been like that..Always!"said Olivia.
"Nina and I told that jackass that she was at work all morning. but it was like talking to a brick wall, he would not listen."said a frustrated and distraught Alfreda.
"Don't you think all of those women who have told him to keep his hands to himself and have removed his hands from under their skirts have been nice at first?  Quietly removing his hands...Now that's a hint in a damn half...It's not until they have slapped the damn hell out of him that he gets the message...He does not listen to or regard women...Hazel and Marcy tell him to hold up wait for their report before he makes an arrest..He doesn't listen...by the time we get to trial...We find out he hasn't read the Autopsy report. He disregards women and people of color in general...He only midly tolerates Donnie Ray and he doesn't regard Jade Lee at all.. He's a closet Racist and a virulent Misogynist.."said Beverly...
"I would tend to agree... Ray has had a fist fight with him,almost killed him because he wouldn't stop screaming his opinion in Kayla's ears... Tony was getting ready to get with him when he invited himself to Bresha's table after she told him she was expecting her husband and he didn't want to remove himself.. And let's not talk about hm ripping that woman's panties off and her boyfriend knocking the snot out of him..He has a thick head and he doesn't learn from past mistakes..." said Nelson.
"You guys have got to help her...Please."said Alfreda... Her phone rang....
"That's my hussssssssband....Listen at me..Tee Hee...I'll talk to you guys tomorrow." said Alfreda as she left to go home, which was right across the street.

''Well guys.. We have our work cut out...Today was a nice day of rest... Neicey Poo, gather the girls,
find me a Judge...Nelson, you and my husband, find me some charactor witnesses....In fact...I'll call Nina and she can do that for us...Hold your noses...We've got a visit to the "Fishbowl" tomorrow morning." said Olivia.


III-

In His Condo....Zack Taylor sat in tears...He had heard that Lt. Tragg had arrested Nancy Green and charged her with the murder of her abusive husband...How could he have done that? She had an airtight alibi...She was at work all morning.
He sighed.. He could do it...No other Detective, not even that bastard Danny Green would do it, but HE could...if anybody could.,..That jack ass Tragg could...He thought....

He had to save Nancy...He had to make some calls..He needed some lawyers...The best to do this, he thought..


He made some calls, to Nina.

"Zack, I am way ahead of you...Olivia Bennett Alexander and her team are already on it... I've got to go..I'm rounding up charactor witnesses...They are trying to get her arraigned this morning...If I can...I'll keep you posted."said Nina.


He felt a lot better hearing that.


In the "Fishbowl." the interrogation room at Central Booking,

Nancy Green sat quietly... The room smelled like under arm sweat, bad breath, bad feet and cigarette smoke... She was almost nauseous... She sat quietly...She refused Water and an offer of a Hot Dog...She wanted nothng from Lt. Tragg, a man she despised....A man no better than her late husband..


"You killed a good man, a hell of a cop....Do you have anything to say for yourself?" asked Lt. Tragg.

Nancy laughed... "You know...I never thought you were very bright....Never.....You have not a shred of proof, not a shred of evidence and yet you waste your time and the taxpayers of Philadelphia's time arresting me and charging me with a crime you can't prove.... I've watched your latest cases...All cases in which you not only arrested the wrong suspect, but cases in which Prosecutors begged you to recanvas the crime scene... in which they begged you to just read the autopsy report , you did neither and then you had the nerve the gall to get mad at Yvette Jones-Lockwood and her kids..






or Olivia Bennett-Alexander, her niece, Beverly and their associates...






Teams that beat you time and time again....They do the work, they do the research and both teams have two investigators, Yvette has Jade, Olivia has Donnie Ray, both were Homicide Detectives just like you , and both do a more thorough investigation than you....Your latest cases haven't even made past preliminaries...and if you press this against me, it won't make it past the prelims either." she said.


Of course , most of what she said went in one ear and out the other....

Lt. Tragg looked at her and said.. "You know...I'd like it better if you exercised your right to silence." he snarled..

"For once you gave someone some good advice Lieutenant....Now can we have the room?" asked Olivia.


Lt. Tragg smiled, but he wasn't happy..

"I knew it!!! I knew it...That blabbermouth Office Manager of yours...She was there when I made the arrest...She ran right back to you guys...She couldn't wait." he said..

"You're talking about my mother!" said Beverly angrilly... Then she passed Nancy a sandwich...

A Cuban

and a hot steaming cup of coffee..

"Nina told me you like the Cubans off the truck.....Did you know we defended that vendor successfully from a murder charge too once.. Guess who arrested him?" said Beverly...

"Let me guess." laughed Nancy Green. "Beverly you are a dear...." she said..


" The Coffee is from Mocha Joes..Nina told me you get your coffee from there too!" said Olivia..

"Yes...I love that place..."said Nancy Green..


"Where are your Junior Partners?" asked Lt. Tragg snidely...

"Can we have the room Lieutenant?' asked Olivia softly...


"I BELIEVE I ASKED YOU GIRLS A QUESTION?  "asked Lt. Tragg.


"CAN WE HAVE THE ROOM?" asked Olivia and Beverly in unison.... They both stopped talking and stood there for five minutes, saying nothing..


Realizing he wasn't going to get an answer, he angrilly left the room...

"He's a real tool." said Nancy..

Nelson , Josie and Bresha arrived and entered the room right after Lt. Tragg walked out,partially answering his question... He really wanted to know where I was..I wasn't with them..

"Liv we have 25 charactor witnesses...Nina gave me phone numbers and addresses and I ran them all down and got them to agree to show up for Nancy."said Nelson.
"Bree and I found a Judge." said Josie.
"Judge Elise Clemmons..but there is a catch....She can't arraign her today... Arraignment is tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM." said Bresha..

"Hang on for one more night Nancy....We'll have you out tomorrow."said Olivia.


"You're a doll Olivia, Beverly....Thank you all." said Nancy...

An Officer handcuffed Nancy and led her to the elevator that would transfer her to the holding cells upstairs affectionately known as "The Cooler."


"A Cop is dead!   A DAMN GOOD  COP is dead..A damn good cop and I'm gonna make sure somebody pays for it...You can make book on that."said Lt. Tragg.

"Anybody Lieutenant?  even the wrong person???" asked Olivia, always speaking softly...

"Why aren't you out looking for the real killer?? That woman couldn't kill anyone...She's not your killer."said Beverly...
" You're lazy, but that's okay...We'll probably find the real killer before you do..."said Bresha.

"Come on guys...let's get out of here...Nina's outside with her car."said Nelson..
"Lead the way Nelson."said Josie..



"I'm going over to the D.A.'s office...We need a real killer to take on that group...I'm going to see to that."said Lt. Tragg, watching Olivia and her young attorneys as they left.

IV-

NIGHTFALL ARRIVED!

Olivia was in the bedroom when I arrived.,.
She was looking over some legal briefs...
"We got a Judge...Elise Clemmons..but the arraignment is tomorrow morning at 10:00 am..What do you have?

"A lot.. This  Danny Green was not a good man... He had a record 25 police brutality complaints filed against him...and 12 of them were since he had become a detective... He was written up for insubordination three times..so he wasn't a great cop..., Had a high clearence rate, but had a third of his arrests discharged for failing to read a suspect his/her rights...for lying and suspicion of planting evidence as well as witness intimidation... a lot of ADA's didn't want to work one of his cases either..

Check this out.., both of his ex-wives filed numerous restraining orders against him.. and checked into the hospital with black eyes and bruises before finally leaving him....One lives in Alaska with her new husband and the other lives in South Jersey with a boyfriend...

And here is the kicker...he was up to his eyeballs in gambling debts...He owed one big time gambler a bundle at the time of death..." I said.


"Oh My God...You certainly earned your pound of flesh tonight didn't you?" laughed Olivia..


I pulled her to me....


I kissed her passionately....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm.."I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu do you wake up with a boner like that?" she asked..

"Sometimes.." I laughed...


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" cooed Olivia..


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GIRRRRRRLLL!" I moaned, slipping her panties down..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HUSBAND!!!" she cooed softly...
We made love , sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS....


While elsewhere in the city...

Zack Taylor sits lonely....

"I hope Olivia and Beverly and their associates can free Nancy....This was never supposed to happen, Never!" he said.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


6 comments:

James Perkins said...

Somebody please fire Lt. Tragg put him out of his damn misery!

Sunflower said...

I do find it amazing he keeps a job as much as he screws up!

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my damn panties!

Angie B. said...

Things are heating up fast!

Keith said...

Wait until tomorrow!

Toni said...

I can't wait!