Monday, October 10, 2022

Murder In The Bottom Of The Ninth


 PHILADELPHIA- THE WORLD SERIES- 2045

Hard to believe , We were at Game one of the World Series and it was being held here in Philadelphia...Not only that...Both of our teams were in it and playing each other, The Philadelphia Phillies of the National League and the new team...The Philadelphia Liberty Bells of the American League.

Both teams had won 100 games this year and were playing excellent ball... It was that rare Friday afternoon that us grizzled Homicide Detectives were off and out enjoying ourselves..


I'm Nate Nellis, Homicide Detective, out tonight with my wife and partner..Detective Monica Nellis, 

A  closeted mutant with the ability to hear thoughts and feel emotions among other things...

Our supervisor, Lt. Frankie Cotton Jr.


Who is also my brother in law...Married to my beautiful and sexy sister in law , who is my wife's identical twin, Monique Cotton, Dr. Monique Cotton, the coroner for Philadelphia County.


Usually we can tell them apart because Monica's hair is black, while Monique's hair is Red...but tonight..both of them are wearing afros and both have dark hair...They are extremely hard to tell apart..And they are turning heads...

We are also out with our friends..



Detective Kylie White and her boyfriend, 


Former Luna City detective, now Private Investigator, Carlos Wallace.

I bought snacks, Buttered Popcorn and Hot dogs for everybody...



''My Man Nate, That's what I'm talkin about." said Lt. Cotton.
"That's why he's my favorite brother in law."said Monique.
"He's your only brother in law."laughed Monica.

"You know it's really hard telling you two apart now that your hair is the same." I laughed.

''We'll be back to normal soon...Meanwhile, come here...You know who this is."said Monica, who gave me a slow ,sweet kiss.
"Ummmmmmmmm  yes.....Mo Mo... This is definitely youuuuuuu.." I moaned..
"Thanks for the food Nate....You two are going to miss the game...Come up for air."joked Kylie..

"Almost like the day I met them, years ago on the moon."laughed Carlos.

The six of us continued to watch the game....It was nice crisp early fall afternoon, a beautiful afternoon for a game...


While serving in the Marine corps, I lost one of my eyes...in a fire fight...It was replaced with a surgically repaired cyborg eye...a Eye that if focused and necessary can pick up something from 20 miles away...

It was the bottom of the ninth inning... The Phillies were up, 3-2, with two outs and one guy on third...The batter had one strike and one foul....basically, two strikes.. As he was gearing up for the next pitch..


I caught something in my cyborg eye....


I saw a man with dark sunglasses and a sniper rifle... aiming at the press booth...






Luckily....I brought my glock with me... I put my food down and got up abruptly......

"NATE!!! WHAT'S UP?? WHERE YOU GOIN?" said Lt. Cotton in sheer amazement...

Monica had scanned my mind and could fel my anxiousness....

"GUN!!" was all she said as she leaped up and followed me....


She followed me quickly....As I raced to the other side of the stadium and up the steps to the isle..the shooter was on..

"HERE'S THE PITCH!!! SWING AND HE HITS IT TO CENTER FIELD...  THAT BRINGS THE RUNNER TO SECOND BASE AND BRINGS THE OTHER RUNNER HOME!!! PHILS LEAD IT 4-2" came the announcement..

A shot rang out!!


A young Black man grabbed his chest and pitched forward as onlookers erupted in screams!



"DROP IT!!" I yelled to the shooter.....


The Sniper took aim and fired at me...He missed by a mile.. He fired again!!Again he missed..






Monica and I emptied our glocks into him...

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT...I'VE BEEN SHOT!!!!" he screamed and pitched backwards....falling over the rail to his death!!! If  he wasn't dead already from being hit 12 times...

The immediate crowd screamed..



Monica and I flashed our badges....

"AND THAT'S THE GAME...PHILLIES WIN GAME ONE, BEATING THE LIBERTY BELLS 6-2" said the announcer... Unaware that a murder had taken place...

We ran up to the Luxury  Sports Box where a man, 34 year old Warren Lust

lie dead, shot center mast in the heart....right as the last hit was delivered in the bottom of the ninth.

"We were too late!!!" I said, shaking my head...

"It's not your fault Honey Bun....We did what we could...At least we got the shooter."said Monica, kneeling down looking at the body...

''Who was he?" she asked onlookers..

"He was from out of AC...Atlantic City....A High roller, Big time Gambler...His name was Warren Lust, he had these  season Ticket holder seats...He loved Baseball." came one reply...


"He actually made his money in high end real estate...Gambling was his hobby...That and Baseball.."said another man., who appeared to know him....He showed us a photo of him and the dead man at the Auto show earlier in the year.


"What the hell?" said Lt. Cotton arriving on the scene..


"His name is Warren Lust, he's out of Atlantic City...He apparently was the target of the sniper... Mo Mo and I got the sniper...He's on the street..." I said.


On the streets, the Crime Scene Investigators were examining the body of the sniper...

Coroner , Dr. Monique Cotton was examining the body, while several of the male CSI worker were examining her sexy body....They always knew Dr. Cotton was good looking, but today they were seeing her in hot pants and high heels and with a huge afro...It was hard for them to concentrate..

"There is no identification on this guy... but he's obviously dead..."said Monique.
Detective Kylie White, a favorite of the uniformed officers was also drawing a lot of unwanted attention...

"He dropped that Sniper rifle over there.." said Kylie..She ordered an officer to put on Latex gloves and
to pick it up for evidence.



The body of the sniper was put in a white body bag, strapped to a gurney and rolled into a Medical examiner's wagon..

Detective Kylie White led Monique and the officers to the Press Box where the second body was...




"One shot center mast , to the heart....That shooter was good." said a Crime Scene Investigator, looking at Warren Lust's body...

"He Obviously was a pro."said Lt. Cotton. "The Good News is...We got his killer..."said Lt. Cotton.
"Yeah, but he was paid by somebody..."I said.
"Yeah...but we don't have to find him tonight." said Monica, rubbing my arms softly...
''Quite obvious what cause of death here is.."said Monique.
''Well one thing is for sure.. Somebody is happy... Their target is dead and they don't have to pay a hitman."said Carlos..
"That's for sure." said Kylie.

The Body was put in a white body bag just like the last one...and wheeled out...


What a day...The Phillies win game one of the World Series against the Philadelphia Liberty Bells and a high roller is assassinated ,along with his assasain.  All in a days work for us.



II-

Night time came.. It had been quite a day...


Quite an afternoon... It had been an adrenalin rush...Now we needed to calm down for now..

''Wowww, what a day.. My heart is still beating fast..."I said.
"Is it because of the shooting or are you that horny?" asked Monica, who already knew the answer to her questions.

"I think it's both." I said.

"I think it's the latter. You always want me." said Monica...

We fell up against the wall, kissing passionately.. We kissed passionately like it was going out of style, like two horny teeneagers….We quickly undressed...


I slipped her panties down slowly.

"OH MY GOD....MO MO!" I said..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND!" she cooed.

I grabbed her butt and pulled her toward me, with her stroking me lightly....

"OH MY GOD!!!YOU DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE NATE...BEING THIS BIG...THIS DAMN HARD!" she said.


and in no time we were both on the bed, making crazy, hot love.....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate Honey....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ...you feel sooo

good...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mo-Mo....so do you...I was waiting so long for this.." I said..

"Take all you want...Take your time, your Mo-Mo isn't going anywhere...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu." she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh babbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" I moaned...

"Oh god...oh goddddd, don't stop!, don't stop! ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, please don't stop." she cried out in ecstacy...

Our bed was squeaking something crazy and our headboard was gently smacking against the wall...

"Ooooop….ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm husbandddddddddddddd!" she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl." I cried out...

I was beside myself....I felt so good I didn't know what to do...having great sex was taking my mind off this baffling new case and relaxing me....

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS seemed to breeze by...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, husband....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu what are you doing to me?" moaned Monica...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girl.." was all I could manage to say...

Our bed was really shaking, our headboard sounded as if it might fall off, it was slamming hard against our freshly painted wall...

another TWO HOURS went by....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl!" I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband, you are showing off, you're just showing off in this bed.."moaned Monica..

I began to cum and cum hard...So hard I felt as if my body was being drained of bodily fluids...

Monica was sweating and crying like a little girl...both of her legs was trembling and her head was going from side to side..She was having an intense orgasm...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.." she squealed with delight.

We were both spent..


She continued kissing me...


She fell asleep on my chest...Trying to catch her breath and both of us thoroughly satisfied.



A floor below us..We weren't the only ones heating up our beds in our duplex....On the first floor my sister in law and brother in law were steaming up the windows on their own...


"You've been dreaming about me in these hot pants ever since I bought them..I was looking for the right occassion to wear them."said Monique.

"Every damn body was looking at you in those damn hot pants.."said Lt. Cotton, nearly salivating..


''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you feel so good right now.." she said as she returned his passion..

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...so do you.." he said..

He pulled her to him again..

They kissed passionately...His hands were busy unbuckling her hot pants.....

He lifted her blouse over her head.... She wasn't wearing a bra....He gasped...She giggled..



He slipped her panties down and his eyes nearly rolled up in his head...

She unzippered his trousers...

She pulled out his huge engorged penis and just marveled at his girth... She stroked it lightly....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU FRANKIE!" she cooed..

"SUGAR BABY!" he moaned.. She loved his nickname for her.

He followed her into the bedroom and closed the door..


He slipped out of his trousers,socks and lifted her up...She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck...

He entered her quietly...slowly...

"OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FRANKIE!!" she squealed as he moved in and out of her...Her body shook and trembled...

He lifted her up and long stroked her....He kissed her neck,her breasts, her lips.. He felt like the luckiest man in th world right now...

She moaned and kissed him passionately and they began making sweet love..

The bed was squeaking like crazy.....

Monique was actually embarrassed that her bed was making so much noise....

 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ohhh my god....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.."he moaned...as he continued to move in and out of her...the look on his face was one of pure joy...She smiled just knowing she was causing him so much pleasure...

 EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of pure pleasure seemed to slip aimlessly by..

They continued making sweet love...

Monique had climaxed about three times already....The Lieutenant showed no sign of wanting to stop......

Monica told her that she often brought me to orgasm by kissing and licking my neck and blowing softly into my ear....

Monique began kissing the lieutenant's neck and licking it and blowing softly into his ear...and cooing...

"Do you like it baby? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you like it daddy?" she cooed....

"YESSSSSSSSSSS....OHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSS ,OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!" he yelled as he exploded like a gusher..."Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!" he yelled....

He had completely lost his cool exterior.....She thought it was funny...

.His body stiffened up and he shook, which actually made her climax again....her mouth opened ,but no sound came out!!!

She had an orgasm like she'd never felt before.... "OUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed lightly! "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYY goddddddddddddddd!" he moaned, exploding one last time..


III-


It was A Saturday. We were all technically off.. but I wanted to do some digging, find out about this case.


The girls were at the hair dressers..I didn't know what the Lieutenant was doing.

First off, our victim was Warren Lust, a venture capitalist...He owned a huge real estate company. He was a big time gambler.. He worked here in Philadelphia and in Atlantic City....I made a few calls to the P.D. in Atlantic City...He wasn't known to be in debt to any of the local gangsters...He had a nice condo here in the city.... He was a big Baseball fan and a personal friend of certain big wigs in the Phillies organization.. He was single...Never married, No kids..

The Killer was a man named George Hyak....He was from Out of town, Boston to be exact...Boston P.D. told me that he was a suspect in 12 unsolved contract killings... He was a former Army Sniper... He came at a high price... He was the type of man you called , when you really needed someone killed.

He had set up perfectly...In the seats from the top... He  would've shot and killed Lust and slipped right down the back steps and out of sight of anybody.... His perfect planning was why no one had put a tag on him yet for his 12 other suspected killings... At any rate...He'd never kill anyone else.



Monica walked in and kissed me softly and slowly.....

''What are you doing here Mo-Mo?" I asked.

"I knew you'd be working on the case....What kind of partner would I be, if I let you work alone?" asked Monica..

"Oh I don't know..You were a pretty good partner last night...I'm not mad." I said softly...
I took her in my arms and kissed her...
We kissed for a few minutes and then she eased out of my embrace...

"So what have you got?" she asked.


"Well First off, our victim was Warren Lust, a venture capitalist...He owned a huge real estate company. He was a big time gambler.. He worked here in Philadelphia and in Atlantic City....I made a few calls to the P.D. in Atlantic City...He wasn't known to be in debt to any of the local gangsters...He had a nice condo here in the city.... He was a big Baseball fan and a personal friend of certain big wigs in the Phillies organization.. He was single...Never married, No kids..

The Killer was a man named George Hyak....He was from Out of town, Boston to be exact...Boston P.D. told me that he was a suspect in 12 unsolved contract killings... He was a former Army Sniper... He came at a high price... He was the type of man you called , when you really needed someone killed.

He had set up perfectly...In the seats from the top... He  would've shot and killed Lust and slipped right down the back steps and out of sight of anybody.... His perfect planning was why no one had put a tag on him yet for his 12 other suspected killings... At any rate...He'd never kill anyone else." I said,

"My Baby has been working this morning." said Monica..


''And how is my favorite brother in law?" said Monique , walking in the office...

''Wowwww....I can tell you two apart again.." I laughed.
''We don't have the same speaking voice...You know us apart..."said Monica.
"I KNOW , he knows you apart from me...He ought to by now.."laughed Monique..
"He does...He's just being funny...but we sure did turn a lot of heads yesterday at that baseball game sis and I'm sure we could have fooled a lot of people."said Monica.


''We sure coulda."laughed Monique. 'I went over to the morgue this morning and looked at both bodies...Nothing Earth shadowing to find..Both were healthy young men, both died from a gunshot or multiple gunshot wounds." said Monique..


"On Face value...This case is closed...One man murdered the other and the murderer was shot and killed ,but there are unanswered questions, like why and who hired a professional killer out of Boston of all places." I said. "George Hyak doesn't work cheap.....He costs money, big money...He had an account in the Caymen Islands... I looked again about an hour ago and the account was mysteriously closed and the money removed.  I tried to trace the money and the trail mysteriously dried up...So There is a middle man...Somebody is sponsering him..I need to know who that guy is." I said.

''We do get the Murky ones, Don't we?" said Monica.
''Don't you now?" said Monique, smiling.



IV-

We traveled back to the Baseball stadium.


and especially back to the press box...

We brought in a crime scene investigation team....Detective Kylie White was with us.
"The shot came through here and struck him in the heart...This shooter had perfect eyesight...but more so than that...He knew where our victim was going to be seated...Which means this was an inside job.He got help from someone...Someone in here." I said.
"I've got a list of everybody who was in this room and their cell phone numbers...We can begin questioning them Monday...and checking their cell phone numbers. We got the shooter's cell phone number also." said Monica.

"I found the shooter's flying car.."said Kylie.

"He Had a Flying Car?" I asked incredulous.
"Sure Did....Uniforms found it , two blocks away......It was stolen...The Owner was so glad it was found." said Kylie.
" He covers up well." said  Monica.


Across town at this very moment..


"My guy did the job....You wanted Lusk hit, He was hit...Now I need for you to pay me what I am owed..


"I don't owe you anything....I paid you to set up the hit...and I paid the hitter half....Unfortunately, he got himself killed.. Our arrangement is over..I don't owe you a thing."came a voice from a phone.



"WRONG!!! The police aren't going to let this go...My identity may be in jeopardy....Pay me the other half that you were going to pay my guy or I'll start dropping clues that it was you who set this whole thing up." said the man..


"You Blackmailing son of a bitch......Alright...Meet me tomorrow.....I'll pay you his other half and then, I don't want to hear from you ever again." came the voice from the phone.


"Good!  I'll name the place for the meet."said the man...


(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments: