Wednesday, August 30, 2023

On A Roll


COURTROOM A- MONDAY MORNING 9:00 AM-

We were in court at Farrah's arraignment...She had already spent a week at Valhalla....We had already filed a brief, demanding a speedy trial..

"I hate these early morning arraignments...I need my coffee, some breakfast."said Olivia.


'Having your own law firm has spoiled you Auntay...You forget our days as Public Defenders, this was par the course." said her niece, Beverly.

''You two are so cute. Hard to believe you're Aunt and Niece....You're too much like sisters."said Farrah with a smile.



"You can't imagine how many people have told them that." said Nelson, smiling.


"When I first met them...I thought they were sisters too!." said Josie.
"Me too! but they're like my sisters, the Big sisters I never had." said Bresha. 

 Like Josie and like Nelson, Bresha was an only child..Olivia was the youngest of two...and her niece Beverly and her cousin Kayla, were the closest things to little sisters Olivia had growing up and helping to raise both girls.


I stood stoically as the Judge and the person who would be prosecuting the case walked into the courtroom..


We had Judge Julie Wong, our good friend and a pretty fair Judge.....
The Prosecution was our old adversary, Diane Baranski, nicknamed "Hot Panties " by her fellow Assistant District Attorneys for her numerous alleged sexual romps with other attorneys and guys in general. She knew about the nickname..She didn't like it... and no one called her that to her face!
We hadn't faced her in awhile...Awhile in which she and Lawyer Bae had racked up 17 straight successful prosecutions...She and her partner, Jake were on a roll!

She was presently in a long term relationship with her second chair, Jake "Lawyer Bae" Patais...9 years her junior and the heartthrob of Female ADA's and Defense lawyers alike...Even Beverly, Josie and Bresha thought he was attractive. Aside from a romp in the sack with ADA Jill Jones, he had been pretty loyal to Diane...

Lt. Tragg, who sat in court today in a foul mood as usual was there....He didn't like Jake Patais and he hated Jake being with Diane, who he was still attracted to sexually.

He was 100 percent certain he had brought in a solid case.. He couldn't believe we were defending the alleged murderer of our friend, William Abbott...He just shook his head looking over at the defense table.




Our favorite Bail Bondsman was sitting in the visitor's section. We were ready!
"Your Honor the defendant, Farrah Griffen of Wilmington, Deleware is accused of the horrific stabbing death of her lover, William Abbott, who she believed was a man named Bruce Hollis...It is believed his true identity was discovered...As a man, who faked his own death for three years...He then left Wilmington for Philadelphia , his hometown with intentions of reconciling with his wife...Scorned and angry at the betrayal....Ms. Griffen followed him here and in a fit of jealous rage, brutally stabbed him to death.  She is a danger to the community and having no ties to Philadelphia ,presents a flight risk...I ask that she be held in custody with no bail." said Diane.

"Your honor , this being an arraignment, I did not plan to argue the particulars of the case...I was planning to save that for trial...."Your honor. My client has no priors...None at all, Not even a juvenile record...She has never been in trouble with the law before.  I assume we are acting on the presumption of Innocence until PROVEN GUILTY....She has not been proven guilty... She is a productive citizen who holds down a job as a  claims adjuster at PMA  in Wilmington, Deleware, She's a homeowner and  a tax payer..She should be given a fair bail. So that she can act under the assumption of Innocence until 
PROVEN GUILTY." said Olivia, glaring at Diane Baranski.



Diane smiled wickedly....She knew she had gotten to Olivia.

I had worked hard over the weekend... I had gone back to Wilmington and had found two charactor witnesses...


Beverly and Josie presented two character witnesses...One, Farrah's Supervisor and the other, her neighbor...

It was not enough for the Judge this time.

"In another circumstance I would be compelled to release her on bail or otherwise...but due to the seriousness of this crime and the fact that she is not a resident of the City of Philadelphia...She indeed has the possibility of being a flight risk...So for that reason I have no choice but to remand her to the Women's Correctional Center until the time of trial." said Judge Julie Wong..

We were disapointed , but not angry...Julie Wong was a tough but very fair Judge ,who usually ruled in our favor...Today was just one of the times she didn't.

"YESSSSS!" said a jubilant Lt. Tragg, pumping his fists...He was glad that Farrah was going back to jail...


"YESSSSSSSSS, I'm on a roll baby!" said a very happy Diane Baranski..
"On the way to our 18th Straight baby!" said Jake Patais..

They kissed passionately right there in the courtroom...

"If he wasn't so cute , I'd actually be angry with his behavior." said Beverly to Josie.

"Yeah, I know right?" said Josie, smiling..


"Farrah, I'm soooooo sorry baby, Sooooo Sorry..We'll be up to see you as much as possible."said Olivia, hugging her..

"And we'll bring food." assured Bresha.



"Look! I'm just glad I have you guys representing me and not some Public Defender.  The one I had in Wilmington, wouldn't fight my extradition....Even though I want to prove my innocence." said Farrah.

Our Bail Bondsman looked at me and shrugged..

"Tough Break eh Donnie Ray?" he said.

"The Toughest." said Nelson..



"You know what they say...Win some, Lose some!" I said..


"Yeah, what are you gonna do?" sighed the Bail Bondsman as he turned and left
"Even though I want the Special Today, there is no way on God's Green Earth I'm eating at Sam Mother's place today...I have no desire to hear that bantam rooster crow."said Olivia speaking of Lt. Tragg.




"I'm with you Liv...I'm ready to deck his ass if he says one mean thing to Honey Bun." said Nelson..

Olivia smiled.."That's right...we can't have anyone picking on my niecey poo, oh excuse me, your honey bun." she laughed.
''Stop Teasing me...but I'm with you I can't eat in Sam's today." said Beverly..
"So let's go to the Bridge...I miss my husband." said Josie.

"I miss mine too." said Bresha.

"Okay...then it's unanimous..We go to the Bridge... Let me get the tracking devices off of our auto and we're on our way." I said.


II-

We all drove to the Bridge Building , Near Penns Landing where our friends all ate..


The Bridge building had a great cafeteria with great food...A great and eclectic selection of food...It was like a five star restaurant....I envied our friends, eating this good everyday..


 ''Sorry you had a bad day in court Liv....It's like that sometimes...We've been fortunate..We've gotten our last five clients out with no bail on their own recognizance." said Yvette.

"Two we night courted..."said Keith Jones.
"I don't Understand... Usually Judge Julie Wong is pretty Liberal."said Bee Bee.
"Yeah what was the difference today?" asked Sofia.

"Our client is from out of town, Wilmington, Deleware and has no ties to the city...Therefore, she is considerted a flight risk."said Olivia.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can see that." said Kahlil.
"Woww..Tough Break!"said Jade.

"It is...but I can see that....What are you going to do Olivia?" asked Virginia.


"Nothing they can do... Visit their client in jail...as often as possible...Let em know there is hope." said her husband, Judge William Jefferson T. Dukes, known affectionally as "Jetty" 

"Jetty is right..That is all we can do." said Olivia.
 
''As usual, they have a weak case with a lot of holes in it." I said.
''Of course they do, look who the arresting officer is Lt. Arthur Tragg III." said Beverly.
"I heard his Grandfather really was a great detective, back in the 50's." said Nelson..

"Yeah well none of that transferred to his two sons, Jack and Arthur Jr.. I heard they were horrible men and even worse detectives." said Josie.. "My father told me all about those two.." she added.
"His Grandson isn't any better...He may be worse." said Paris.


"May be? He is worse!"said Bresha, who despised him with a passion.
Her husband, Tony was just happy to see her..She was sitting on his lap and he was squeezing her tightly...

''Hi Liv, Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Bree, Donnie Ray." said Jazzy, who was sitting down with the rest of our friends...
 

" You guys didn't feel like being bothered with the world's greatest detective today huh?" said her husband, Dabnis.

"You got it." said Olivia, smiling.


"He's such a Thick head...He continues to put GPS Trackers on my Vehicle...I'm a cop like him, or I used to be...I know where to look...I always find them...I removed them." I said.
"Where did you place them this time?" asked Kayla.

"On ADA Diane Baranski's car." I said.

"WHAT? AHAHAHaHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHaHAHa" laughed Kayla's husband, Ray...

''Aye Mios Dios...He'll get the shock of his life following her...She might be anywhere."laughed Jessica Sanchez-Burrows.
"She's in a steady relationship with Jake Patais...The guy you girls call "Lawyer Bae" laughed her husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows.


"You sure of that? Last year , I heard he stepped out on her with ADA Jill Jones for a hot second."laughed  Karen Page.
"Ouuuuuuuuu isn't she Lt. Tragg's Freind with Benefits?" laughed Natalie.
'Aren't you all glad you're all married and down here, free from the office gossip?" Joked Natalie's husband, David.
"I knowwwwww, Listen at us, Gossiping."laughed Brooke.
"Spice of Life huh?" said Sean.


''One of the things I've missed about not working in center city all these years...being away from all of the 411." laughed Beverly...

While at our Office Duplex- Rockland was on his lunch break and was at our office with his wife, Alfreda, our office manager..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ALFREDA!!!" he moaned..

"STOP ALL THAT MOANING...YOU SOUND LIKE A MULE!!!!!" she said.

They were taking advantage of the fact that we weren't there and kissing passionately in the kitchen...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, you are such a horny toad!" she said, continuing to kiss him..


"Rocklannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!!!! We have a whole house across the street...Why don't you wait until we get home?" she said as he opened her slacks... 

"Let's go down into the sub-basement" he said.

"No...absolutely not...Now come onnnnnnnnnnn." she begged as he slipped her panties down..



He opened her blouse and gazed at her bra...

"Oh my Goddddd Alfreda.....OHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

"I bought this the last time we went to the beach...." she said and smiled.


He slipped her panties down and nearly fainted....

"These I've had for years...Just didn't feel like wearing them until today." she said..

"Welll I'm glad you did." he said.

"I can see that!" she laughed..


His trousers dropped and he lifted Alfreda off the floor....and entered her slowly...He was slowly losing his mind...So was she...She gasped...her body began to shake and tremble and tears began to flow from her eyes....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! UMMMMMMMMM... UMMMMPH!" she moaned.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  LAWWWWWWWWWWD!" he cried out..

"Rockland...Rockland!  OUUUUUUUUUUU ROCKLANNNNNNNNNNND!" she cried out..She was having an intense orgasm...the likes of which she hadn't had in awhile..Once again, She gasped...Her body began to shake and tremble and tears began to flow from her eyes....


He placed her on the sink, spread her legs and began to kiss her softly.. Once Again,She gasped...her body began to shake and tremble and tears began to flow from her eyes as he slowly and gently entered her again....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! UMMMMMMMMM... UMMMMPH! ALL UP IN ME WITH YOUR BIG AND HARD SELF...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU'RE HUNG LIKE A MULE!! OUUUUUUUU" she moaned.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  LAWWWWWWWWWWD!" he cried out..She was so warm and wet....



Outside, Lt. Tragg had driven up...He was livid...He had followed Diane Baranski and Jake Patais to a restaurant they were choosing to eat at...He knew his GPS Trackers had been switched on him..


"OLIVIA!!! DONNIE RAY!!! FRONT AND CENTER!! OPEN UP!!! I WANNA TALK TO YOUUUU!" he bellowed as he banged on the door..


Inside, Rockland and Alfreda were really going at it...

"OH FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!! WHAT DOES THAT PAIN IN THE ASS WANT?" yelled Rockland..

"I don't care what he wants, don't you stop,....not nowwww...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
YOU HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! HANDLE YOUR DAMN BUSINESS! RIGHT NOW....I AM YOUR BUSINESS!" Alfreda screamed out..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" said Rockland...

She had a very intense orgasm! Her body trembled and she held on to Rockland for life....He came so hard, he felt as if he were dying...


They continued kissing passionately, Tears flowing from both of their eyes and Rockland, cumming again....as they held each other tightly...

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"moaned Rockland..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND!!!" she said softly, continuing to kiss him and oblivious to Lt. Tragg outside, banging on the door and ringing the bell.


Lt. Tragg was content that no one was at our house...
He got back in his car and pulled off..


"OUUUUU..I'd Uh better get back to work." said Rockland, smiling sheepishly....

Alfreda fixed her clothes and took a wet wipe and wiped her lipstick off of his lapel and his face..
Her legs were still shaking a bit....






"Yeah...I'l...I'll see you at uh dinner..." she said, as he left and headed for the train..

She turned on the hot water, grabbed a rag and some Pine Sol and began to clean and wipe the office kitchen down...She smiled...No one ever used this kitchen...She wondered if other people had made love in here?

III-

Even though Dinner was delicious...We were quite somber tonight.. We all felt bad about losing in arraignment...We weren't used to that....We usually got our clients out and assigned to a hotel...Tonight while we were enjoying a nice hot meal at our home, Poor Farrah was eating in the dining hall of the Valhalla Women's Detention Center..


 "I'm going to see Farrah tomorrow and with food." said Olivia.
"I'll go with you." I said.
"Josie, Bree and I will be doing our research here.." said Beverly.

"I'll still be studying potential Jurors." said Nelson.
"It'll be business as usual, just with our client in jail." said Josie.
"If I can help , let me know...This will be good experience for me when I start law school soon...I'm in an excelerated program much like Josie was...I'm getting two years credit for the cases I've worked with you guys and all of the other lawyers and my high LSAT scores... So I can graduate in one year." said Paris...

''That's outstanding Paris.. You know what?, You can come with me tomorrow...Bring your Laptop." said Olivia.

"I know Josie is sooo proud of you." said Beverly...
"I am" beamed Josie proudly..
"Good Luck at Middleton Paris." said Bresha.

"Yeah Make us proud." said Tony, smiling. 

''Everything is just delicious Olivia."said Alfreda, who only had to heat up what her daughter, Beverly and Olivia and I had prepared the night before for dinner. We knew we wouldn't be eating breakfast this morning.
Rockland smiled and softly rubbed her legs, remembering the nice afternoon they had had.


Meanwhile at a Tony Martini Bar downtown...



"I can't believe that Arthur Tragg...I slept with him one time, regrettably and he hasn't gotten over it..he still wants me...putting tracking devices on my car!" said ADA Diane Baranski...

"Can't Blame the man for having good tastes...I still want you too!" said Jake, laughing... "Besides ,I have a meeting with him tomorrow morning to discuss the specifics of this case." he added.

"Good....We've won 17 straight cases....I'd like to win an 18th...a 19th and a 20th....We're on a roll.
This case is sketchy, in other words weak....but we can win it... Make sure you impress upon the good Lieutenant that we need more....Forensic Evidence...Fingerprints, if he can find them, DNA would be nice...There is no prints or DNA on the murder weapon....I understand that she probably wiped the knife clean...and the door handle too...but we have to have some other proof she was even in the room,other than the Manager saying he saw them arguing hours early... We need another witness who can place her in that room after the Hotel Manager saw her... I know Olivia...I know what she's thinking....In order to beat her we've got to plug up these holes....and fast..." said Diane...
''Right Now I'd like to plug up your holes.." said Jake, slyly..

"Ouuuuuuuuu you talk so nasty to me." giggled Diane..


as they continued to enjoy their drinks.-

At Jake's Condo a Few Hours Later-


The shower was running...Hot water was splashing down on the soapy bodies of Diane Baronski and Jake Patais...

They were kissing passionately, while Diane softly stroked his huge penis..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Jake,, myyyyyyyyy goodnesss....ouuuuuuuuuuuuu you are huge.........Ummmm
this doesn't make any sense..." Diane cooed..

"You don't make any sense being this damn hot!" said Jake..

She giggled like a school girl...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu Jakkkeeeee,,,Ouuuuuuuuuuu my goodness...What am I going to do with all of this ?" she asked..stroking his penis mildly and staring into his eyes....

"I just love your sheets.."Laughed Diane as they emerged from the shower and toweled down..
She took her bra and panties and tossed them to the side..
She eased herself down on his penis, which was throbbing...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"Jake  moaned..

"It's what you've been waiting for.." she cooed..

"ALLL DAY! UMMMMMMMMMMM let me plug up your holes...." he moaned in near delirium...

"OUUUUUUUUU I KNOWWWWWWWW! YOU TALK SO NASTY TO MEE...OUUUUUUU!" she cooed

The kissed slowly and she moved slowly up and down on Jake. She was so wet, so moist, her skin so soft and nice smelling, Jake was losing his mind..

"OHHHHHHH MYYY GOODNESS JAKE!" she moaned as she bounced on him and then began to move faster, riding him cowgirl style..

She was now pretty much in love with Jake, she didn't want to lose this good feeling ever...

"OHHHHHHHH JAKE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!" she moaned... There , she had said it...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I LOVE YOU.....I LOVE YOU TOO!" he moaned..as the bed began to squeak out of control and the headboard began to shake and slam hard against the wall..

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of slow ,tender love making slid by...

Both Diane and Jake were deeply enthralled with each other.....



IV-


THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY, JAKE PATAIS- The next morning!
The ADA they called "Lawyer Bae" sat in his office....


A Hot steaming tumbler of coffee sat on his desk...He took small sips and savored his memories of Diane, the night before...



He sifted through some case files from his other cases....



Lt. Tragg walked in with his arrogant strut... He looked at Jake and smiled.

"Finally got an office of your own eh Junior?  Why am I meeting with you instead of Diane? She's the lead prosecutor on this case?" he asked.


Jake ignored his insult and stated his business..

" Lieutenant...this case is weak..It has holes in it..We need more.... As in Forensic evidence...Fingerprints, if you and your men can find them, DNA would be nice...There are no prints or DNA on the murder weapon....I understand that she probably wiped the knife clean...and the door handle as well...but we have to have some other proof she was even in the room, other than the Manager saying he saw them arguing hours early... Any number of people could have been in that room with him from the time the manager saw her and the deceased arguing and the time the body was discovered. We need another witness who can place Farrah Griffen in that room after the Hotel Manager saw her... I know Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her niece, Beverly West...I know what they're probably thinking....In order to beat them we've got to plug up these holes....and fast." said Jake.

''Is that you talkin or did your mama  tell you to say that?" asked Lieutenant Tragg.

Jake really didn't like Lieutenant Tragg...He couldn't stand to be in his presence...but he kept his calm...He sighed and he smiled.. He wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of letting him know he had gotten to him.

"Look, Just recanvass the crime scene...Take some CSI guys...Take some extra men...Look over the Hotel Manifest, see if anyone who was there that night, saw or heard anything...that's all...We need a little more." he said.

Lt. Tragg looked at him with that baleful stare...He didn't intend to do anything else..

"You work your side of the street counselor and I'll work mine." he said.

Jake sighed... He knew that Lt. Tragg wasn't going to do anything else... He was thinking of calling one of the investigators from the D.A.'s Office.

"Work My side of the Street on this Lieutenant....We need you to recanvas...." said Jake.


"You heard what I said counselor." said Lt. Tragg as he walked off.




I was way ahead of him...


I was already at the Straight Up Motel looking over the Manifest , Checking Check receipts and credit card records and getting in contact , very discreetly with people who had been at the hotel that day....and talking to over 100 people. I found one man who had been there and had seen something different...He claimed he saw a Man leaving the room in question at around 4:00 in the morning and though he wasn't worried about the plates.. He described the car...That was interesting..  Naturally, he didn't want to testify in court... He was married and had been there with another woman.  I found the couple who had been there also that night, who saw Farrah...They saw Farrah going into her room that afternoon...They did not see her again until 7:30 am when they were all checking out...but the woman, just like the other man described seeing a man that night...She had gotten up and walked to the vending machine outside her room in her night gown.... She saw the man leaving Abbott's room in a hurry and getting in his car.. It was the same description, the man had given me...


I had the help of a friend, Private Investigator, Milton Lewis, a former Detective and a former C.S.I. man to check the room for forensic evidence..

"Nothing Donnie Ray...No fingerprints other than the murder victim, no DNA....Hmmm wait a minute...Here's something...a smudged print on this table and sweat... Tragg's boys may have missed this." he said.


"They had to...It's not mentioned in the Autopsy or the Crime Scene Report." I said..



And at VALHALLA WOMEN'S DETENTION CENTER-


Olivia and Paris arrived with Sandwiches from our neighborhood Sandwich Shoppe.
"Hi Farrah, This is Paris, Josie's Husband, He's a Para-Legal and will be attending Law School starting next month...He'll be helping me with your case today..." explained Olivia.




"Pleased to meet you." said Paris..who opened his Laptop...


while they placed the sandwiches on the table.








and a Thermos of Hot Coffee.....



"Olivia, you're a doll...You've made this whole ordeal bearable.." said Farrah.  'Where is everybody else?" she asked..


"They're working on your case Farrah" said Olivia, smiling..





"My husband is at the Straight Up Motel..Recanvassing the crime scene...


"My Niece Beverly, Paris's wife, Josie and Bresha are at home, doing research on your case, your type of case..






in our law library, so we can better prepare to present your case in court...This is something we do for all of our clients.. We don't want to be surprised in court in anyway...We go over Witness Statements, The Autopsy report, The Crime Scene Report, Laws pretaining to simular cases like yours.. Laws pertaining to your particular case, Predicates, the works.." said Olivia.





Beverly's husband, Nelson is studying the Jury Pool and picking the type of juror we would want to use in this trial...The Juror that would best suit you." explained Olivia.



"Wow you guys don't leave anything to chance, do you?" said Farrah, glad that she had attorneys working so hard for her freedom and who cared enough to visit her in jail and bring food.

"That's why we win cases Farrah, even if we don't win every ruling....We lost one battle yesterday at arraignment...but the war goes on!" said Olivia.

Paris smiled and nodded in agreement!


(TO BE CONTINUED)

5 comments:

James Perkins said...

Can't Win em All..At least they haven't lost the case yet! They are so used to winning, A loss would devastate them.

Toni said...

I hope they get this girl off...This is insult to injury...Dumped by her "man" and then accused of killing him.

Angie B. said...

I have no doubt they are going to get her off...I even have a theory about WHO killed him...but I'm going to keep it to myself.

Anonymous said...

Rockland and Alfreda are a hot couple, they always have me throwing my panties in the air!

Sunflower said...

I totally agree with Toni, this is an insult to injury...The poor girl is out of a considerable amount of money,She's been dumped and now accused of murdering this cad, which I couldn't blame her if she did...Olivia and Beverly have to free her.