Sunday, July 20, 2008

100%




/Listen to me
you'll find the right guy to love
someday..
just take your time
and check out what I'm trying to
say.../

Lady, dry those eyes
everything takes a little time
in a clearer state of mind
you never know what you might find.../

/ See, I know that you're hurting right now
I know that it's late and lonely tonight...
but tomorrow is another day..
please believe me..
believe me when I say
you're gonna find that guy...
that guy who'll treat you right../

/ but you've got to let down that guard...
let someone inside..
be willing to let somebody change your mind..
Look at the state of mind you're presently in....
did you ever consider a compromise??/

/ Somebody wants to give you 100%
Somebody you know too...
Somebody's waiting to give 100% to you...
bet you don't know who?/

/I know that you tend to blame everything on yourself
even when the blame belongs to somebody else.
He was the fool that let your love slip away....
why don't you let his loss be someone else's gain?/

/ See I know that you're hurting right now,
with not much faith in guys who lay and play
but some guys ARE worthy of your time..
remember that tomorrow is another day...
let somebody else inside,
be open for someone to change your mind....
to take you to a place where you haven't been...
just be open to compromise.....
because-

/ Somebody wants to give 100% 2 U...
might be somebody you know too...
Somebody wants to give 100% 2 U...
bet you don't have a clue
as to who.../

4 comments:

Dreamy said...

ha!!!!! 1st and I feel so special!

Love it, love it, love it! Didn't know u had rhyming skills like this Keith!

And hopefully I get that special someone for me!!

Keith said...

I wrote this in 1997 for a freind of mine who had just broken up with
her fiance.

I read it at a poetry reading at a
coffee house called "Milkboy's" and
a lot of people liked it, I didn't know it was still in my possession.

Found it this morning and posted it.

I've got another one I read at the "Milkboy" readings that I may post tomorrow.

Thanks again for the visit.

Mizrepresent said...

Wow...i felt like this was indeed meant for me...and so i say thank you! Great piece!

Anonymous said...

You've got another winner there, I like this too.