Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Lie I've Told

/Girl
I blew up your cell phone the other night
I got your voice mail...
I wondered if you were with him tonight...
I tried to call you again
and again I failed...
to get through....
There's just no catchin up with you.../

/I tried to put a good spin on things..
I said that I'm doing just fine...
I said I wake up smiling with each sunrise every day brings...
yeah...
I'm so "happy" I could just die.../

/Honey sugar don't let this smile I wear
fool you into thinkin that I don't care...
cause really I'm sad for you girl...
sad for you baby...
Don't beleive this bag of goods I've sold..
That's just another lie that I've told../

/I caught the subway and the bus..
because explain this to you, I surely must..
that I may smile in the public eye..
but when I'm by myself I break down and cry
wicked tears for you girl..
crocodile tears for you baby...
This lonliness is drivin me crazy.../

/ I didn't mean to break into your apartment...
tell me why have you not fixed this lock yet?
I just came to steal your voicemail tape....
Didn't know that you and he would be there...
damn that was a big mistake.../

/Sorry I had to knock your boyfriend out..
but he shouldn't have got in my face...
of that there can be no doubt...
why'd you spray me with that mace???/

/Before the cops drag me out of here
let me say to you my dear...
Usually I'd have a smart alecky quip or two..
but tonight girl I feel so blue...
don't beleive the bag of goods I've sold...
That's just another lie I've told....
cause really I'm sad for you girl...
crying wicked tears for you baby../

2 comments:

Dreamy said...

lord, why did you have to break into the girls apartment,lol

ohhhh lord Keith this sound kind of stalkerish,lol

it was cute though!!!

did this happen in real life???

Keith said...

@Dreamy-lolol

No...I made it up....It was based on something I saw on Television.