Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't Get it Twisted

/I've been feelin you
for awhile..
frankly speakin I like
your style..
so I wrote this poem..
cause I think you got it wrong..
and yes I know you got the word
from your friends..
yet you want to look at me and still play
let's pretend...
and you 'd read this poem...
and still you'd get it wrong../

/Like let's pretend that I don't really
care about you for you...
Let's pretend that all I want to do is
to get in bed with you...
if that's what you think,
then girl, you've got me all wrong../

/see you need to quit telling yourself lies
and hiding behind your made up alibis..
because you can't read this poem..
and still get the brother wrong.../

/ I'm feelin you
so don't get it twisted...
and by the way you smile
you're kind of into me too...
don't think I've missed it..
so I thought about planning my day
with a private picnic that just included
me and you...
so girl don't get it twisted../

("Now check this out baby-")

/ All of your friends tell you
of how I break into a huge smile
everytime you come around...
now you've read most of this poem...
so how could you get me wrong?
Yet you still try to play it so kool
acting semi interested like you can do
then you cut me down
now come on girl, you couldn't get me
wrong../

/There are times when
you are with your girlfriends
that I want to say...
that girl you know if they weren't around
you wouldn't front on a brother this way.../

("Look, I done bought some Kentucky Fried Chicken,
some biscuits and mashed potatoes with gravy
and a big pitcher of kool aid for us girl.")

See, I thought about planning my day
with a private picnic just for me and you..
so don't go and get me wrong...
And I know that you'd be down to go...
because I'm such a crazy romantic I know..
and you'd dig me too..
and that's why I wrote this poem..

So don't get it twisted baby...

2 comments:

Dreamy said...

Dont get it twisted ,boy you are shyss when it comes to writing these ryhmes!!!!

how you do it Keith???

it takes me about two freaking hours to write the little ones that I write!!!

this was good, and whom was this written for sir????

Keith said...

I just make stuff up ..I hear a conversation on the bus (as was the case here),somebody tells me something...I take bits and peices of things and come up with my rhymes or my stories.