Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mabel Mixes it Up!

Lawd today...even if the woman couldn't boil water, I would still love her...but she can cook her ass off ...and that's a whole lotta butt to cook off, ya feel me? My baby was in the kitchen doin it up again... We decided to have Clerow and Cora Beth over for dinner and socializing..They had been a couple now for a few months and Cora Beth was finnally beginning to show...She was about five months pregnant now and even starting to waddle. We all chuckled when she walked.
Mable decided to fix something simple since it was a simple gathering and the fact that now that she was pregnant, Cora Beth had become as picky as could be about what she would eat.

"What you fixin baby?" I asked...

"Watch and learn yankee.." Mabel joked...

"Ah thought ah was learnin somethin last night.." I said seductively

"Oh shut up and pass me my ingredients perv...do you ever get
enough...god..that's all you want to do when you come over here."

"Look at you? What am I supposed to be thinkin about??
You should be glad that it's you I'm thinkin bout.."

"Really??? Only me?"

"Only you baby...only you...."

"Good, now pass me my stuff would ya please.."

That Damn girl...she don't take no shorts. She was making a Jambalaya Casserole. Never heard
of it either...don't feel bad...another Louisiana thang. I organized her ingredients- 3 large onions,
chopped, 3 large green peppers, chopped, 3 celery ribs, chopped, 12 garlic cloves, minced, one and a half cups of butter, 3 pounds of smoked sausage (which ah cut into half inch slices for her)
a pot of chicken broth, 6 cups of long grain rice, 3 cups of tomatoes, one and a half cups of chopped green onions, fresh minced parsley, Worcester Sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.

In a large Skillet, Mabel Sauteed the onions, green peppers,celery and garlic until it was tender,
She placed it in a very large bowl and stirred in the remaining ingredients...she transferred it to
three shallow three quart baking dishes and put it in the oven..She covered it and baked it at
375.

"How long does that have
to be in there Mabel?" I asked..

"About an hour and then...we have
Jambalaya Casserole.."she said..

"An hour huh?...sheeet, come here
gurl..." I said..

"Again? We just got finished doin
that an hour ago....you wearin me
out...I'm gonna have to find you
someone to assist us.." she laughed

"Menage ayyy trois..I'm with that baby.."
I laughed as I snatched her up and started
kissing her...

"You are such a freak" she laughed....

*******************************************************
At Deacon Larry Weatherford's House......Another meeting was taking place. Victoria Struthers
was there and Deacon Weatherford had a large envelope for her..It Read "STATE OF LOUISIANA OFFICE OF VITAL STATISTICS"

"This is what you wanted Sister Struthers"

"Thank you Deacon.....this is just the information
I needed."

"What is this Victoria?"

"Did I ever tell you that I'm from Shreveport,Louisiana?"

"No, you didn't?"

"Well...I am...my daddy never married my momma.
when he left me and mama..he married another
woman and had two daughters with that woman.
That woman and their two daughters grew up in
Monroe, Louisiana....Do you know what they called
my daddy ,Deacon??"

"Naw, but I'm sho ,you gon tell me..."

"William....."Sweet Dick " Jenkins..."

" When I saw Mabel, I didn't recognize her at first...
but when I saw Cora Beth...I knew..."

"You knew what Sister?"

"Look at me Deacon...Look at my hips, look at my
figure?"

"Yasss lawd...ahm lookin... wind ME up baby bobba."

"Oh shut up you pervert...They're my sisters, my
half sisters ...you idiot..Mabel Jenkins, Cora Beth
Jenkins...Their father is my father, William "Sweet
Dick" Jenkins... He left me and my mama...There's
gonna be hell to pay."

"Well uh, speakin of payment..Ah did get that
information for you, what about mah payment?"

"Oh get your clothes off and get in the bed, you
old lech..."

"Well Alright now...let's take it to the stage..thas what
Old Deacon is talkin bout..hottt damn...girl you sho got some big..."

"Oh will you shut up and get in the bed." snapped Victoria.

7 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Hahahaha, this is so cool. I love this story Keith! And you got me hungry with that jambalya casserole.

Anonymous said...

That Deacon cracks me up!! Love these charactors Keith

Anonymous said...

This is really building into something deep...Can't wait for the
next installment.

Anonymous said...

Short Stories, Poetry, Commentary!!!! You're a real Renasaincce man Keith!-lolololol
Love that Deacon.

The Dreamy One said...

boy that mabel makes me want to be in that kitchen waiting on that casserole.

when you write i just envision the stories in my head. i love reading your stories Keith!!!

im ready for the next installation sir. ill be standing by!!!

Keith said...

@Miz- Oh it (The Jambalaya Casserole) was the bomb...I actually got the idea from The Food
Channel, started making it and came up with this story. I had wrote a story before this called "Victoria's Secret" which will show up tomorrow.

@Dreamy- The next installment is tomorrow.

Keith said...

@Angie B, Toni, Sunflower- Thanx for the love.